What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 SSL1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

I tried drafting boldin but he was not on the list. I searched for him but site said our league was not setup to allow FAs. So how was arud able to draft him later this round?

I tried drafting boldin but he was not on the list. I searched for him but site said our league was not setup to allow FAs. So how was arud able to draft him later this round?

Someone must have turned something on.  I see other FAs available to draft.

I've already lost.  My 1st round pick - Gronk - is going to be on the cover of Madden

Not sure how I feel about my team. I seemed to get caught in a loop early where all my best options were sharing bye weeks 8 or 9. Then, I couldn't get a viable TE2 with a different bye from my first. I rolled with Rudolph as I felt he was very much superior to the other remaining options. I decided I would just add a third TE late...McDonald should work in that capacity.

Unfortunately, I didn't plan well around that strategy and took a couple of WR's with floors a bit low for the strategy (fewer WRs). My top 3 is strong, but Payton is a rookie with a higher-pimped rookie in front of him on his team, and Smith might not even be ready week 1.

Carr/Dalton should make for a good combo at QB...two low end #1s in best ball should equate to a high end #1. I like my RBs also but there's only 4 of them leaving me vulnerable to injuries.Gurley could be the league's top scorer and Jones is being under-valued at this point IMO. WIlliams and Powell will see action every week when healthy, and have a high ceiling if the starters go down on their NFL teams.

Overall, I could see my team going out at virtually any point after the byes start if any of my top WRs gets hurt.

Carr, Derek OAK QB

Dalton, Andy CIN QB

Gurley, Todd RAM RB

Jones, Matt WAS RB

Powell, Bilal NYJ RB

Williams, Karlos BUF RB (P)

Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR

Landry, Jarvis MIA WR

Payton, Jordan CLE WR (R)

-

Smith, Devin NYJ WR (Q)

Tate, Golden DET WR

McDonald, Vance SFO TE

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TBB TE

Gano, Graham CAR PK

Parkey, Cody PHI PK (P)

Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def

Not sure how I feel about my team. I seemed to get caught in a loop early where all my best options were sharing bye weeks 8 or 9. Then, I couldn't get a viable TE2 with a different bye from my first. I rolled with Rudolph as I felt he was very much superior to the other remaining options. I decided I would just add a third TE late...McDonald should work in that capacity.

Unfortunately, I didn't plan well around that strategy and took a couple of WR's with floors a bit low for the strategy (fewer WRs). My top 3 is strong, but Payton is a rookie with a higher-pimped rookie in front of him on his team, and Smith might not even be ready week 1.

Carr/Dalton should make for a good combo at QB...two low end #1s in best ball should equate to a high end #1. I like my RBs also but there's only 4 of them leaving me vulnerable to injuries.Gurley could be the league's top scorer and Jones is being under-valued at this point IMO. WIlliams and Powell will see action every week when healthy, and have a high ceiling if the starters go down on their NFL teams.

Overall, I could see my team going out at virtually any point after the byes start if any of my top WRs gets hurt.

Carr, Derek OAK QB

Dalton, Andy CIN QB

Gurley, Todd RAM RB

Jones, Matt WAS RB

Powell, Bilal NYJ RB

Williams, Karlos BUF RB (P)

Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR

Landry, Jarvis MIA WR

Payton, Jordan CLE WR (R)

-

Smith, Devin NYJ WR (Q)

Tate, Golden DET WR

McDonald, Vance SFO TE

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TBB TE

Gano, Graham CAR PK

Parkey, Cody PHI PK (P)

Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def

I think after you grabbed Rudolph behind ASJ, you pretty much had to commit to flying solo at PK or DST if you thought you needed to add a TE3. The problem with the SSL and MBSL is that with only 18 roster spots, tripling up at QB or TE cripples your depth somewhere else if you don't (Exhibit A, above). Alternatively, since week 6 is pretty early and there'll be a lot of teams left in the mix, I probably would have just gritted my teeth and swallowed the zero at TE that week in order to add a WR6 in that slot instead.

This is a reasonably strong team, but it's the NFL - someone is going to get nicked up in the first few weeks of the season (if not in TC or preseason) and as soon as that happens, you're probably toast.

I say it every year, but it's nuts that the SSLs in particular are only 18 rounds long - it makes the randomness of injury luck far too big a factor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
QB - Griffin 13, Manning 8 - Meh.  Eli is consistently under rated.  With 6 teams on byes week 8 I could probably survive with a donut at QB.  If RG3 returns to a shell of himself this should be a middle of the pack pairing.  Also gave consideration to Sanchez and Kapernick late but kept seeing value elsewhere.  Grade D+

RB - Ingram 5, L. Murray 10, Woodhead 11, West 5, Artis-Payne 7 - Ingram has become a ff stud when not hurt.  Not super high on Murray but he's clearly the best option in Oakland.  Woodhead was at 6.16 and a dependable source of points in a format that rewards that.  West was a shot in the dark and would have paired Ware with him if he had lasted.  Surprised to see CAP and Tre Mason available at the last pick of the draft.  Clear cut backups to RBs that get heavy work loads.  Went with CAP because Stewy is older than Gurley.  Grade B+

WR - Brown 8, Crabtree 10, Austin 8, Ginn 7, Hogan/Amendola 9, Gordon 13 - If Gordon is back, I will run away from the league at this position.  Catching some lucky value picks allowed me to burn a 13th round pick on Gordon.  Brown obviously a beast.  Crabtree a solid WR2.  Austin and Ginn will contribute some homer weeks.  Felt like Hogan/Amendola pairing was a gift.  The NE passing offense should guarantee me a decent weekly floor on the weeks that Austin/Ginn disappear.  Grade A

TE - Effort 9, Witten 7 - Love this combo in 2 ppr.  Grade A-

D - Denver 11 - With a defense a strong as this, it was easy to go solo.  The week 11 bye was very tasty with this lineup.  Grade C+

K - Gostkowski 9 - Going solo her allowed me take a risk with Gordon and secure Hogan/Amendola.  I'm confident those choices will net more points than a second kicker when that kicker is a stud.  Worked on well that I didn't have much week 9 exposure and several teams will be missing numerous players.  Grade C+

If Griffin and Gordon play, this team should be a contender.  If not, it still be a be a very tough out.

What an uninspiring Team I've put together for my return to SSL1!

1. 1.11: AR-15 is a guy I'm targeting in the turn of 12-Team Leagues. Think the Jags are headed in the right direction, and there are pieces in place around him to help build on 2015. Passed on Dez, last year's wounds still too fresh to forget (I drafted Dez everywhere)...had I seen how the Draft played out, I would have taken Lamar Miller here, regret that I did not. Planned to go WR again at 2.06, but got creamed 2.02-2.05 as Demaryius, BMarsh, Mike Evans and Amari all go...I wanted on of those big body guys with TD potential to complement Robinson. Sammy Watkins still there, but I'll pass on the QB situation, and something about Alshon is not vibing for me in 2016, so grabbed the best receptions/yards type remaining on my board, TYHilton...I either guessed wrong with a 16-Teamer, or underestimated his appeal, but I really thought Mark Ingram would fall to me at 3.12. Way off, 2.16 to Bass. Backup plan Cam Newton got plucked at 3.09. That would have been to roll QB and RB into 1 pick. Still no RB in a mandatory start 2, but disliked the lot of what was left, so hit WR again with Larry Fitz. I will probably take some crap for that pick, but I had a lot vested in Carson Palmer last year, and really, really liked the riffing I saw between them last year and I think I'll get WR3+ #'s out of him. The crap is that I could have probably gotten him at 4.05, and my Team might function better with Rodgers/Luck or CJA/McCoy. Feeling somewhat behind, I swung for the fences with Coby Fleener/Saints Offense. If he can do the Jimmy impression I expect him to, I just caught up with the Draft. If not, well, I was already headed down the wrong path to begin with...Again with the wrong guess/underestimate conundrum, this time with Gio Bernard. I felt even stronger than Ingram lasting until 3.12 that Gio would last until 5.12. Bloom, 4.15. When you're headed down a rabbit-hole, it's just best to go all-in: At this point, I'm AR-15/Hilton/Fitz/Fleener...I have to stubbornly believe I'm right about Fitz/Fleener because there's no digging out of this one, so time to start hunting RB's who should dominate percentage of snaps/carries, but probably are PPR duds. 5/6 turn = Jonathan Stewart/Jeremy Hill. Well, they are the right type, but what else are you going to find here? If Ryan Mathews has a healthy season, I'm really going to regret not taking him at 5.12. Lost all QB1 value between 6.05 and 7.12 as 9 QB's went. With this Team, I can't afford to get anything less than elite TE production almost every week, so Black Unicorn, here I come. Not the best idea pinning on 2 TE who are changing Teams, but talk about the right type of Player going to the right offense! This is not a Team that's going to finish anywhere between 5-12, it's either boom/bust...and then I caught a break, at least in my opinion: Matty Ice at 8.05, looking for the year 2 bounce-back in the Shanahan offense, which is in a better place with the personnel than it was last year. So much for b2b QB, as 8 more go between 8.05 and 9.12. Couldn't believe that happened twice in 1 draft. Looks like QB2 is going to suck. Sanu at 9.12 had more to do with bye weeks than anything else. I was collecting Week 9 byes, and I think everyone I wanted at that point also had a Week 9 bye, but otherwise he's probably going to prove to be a reach. That's 2 Falcons in a row, and neither of them Julio Jones or Davonte Freeman. Hmm. Not good. Why not make it 3? Honestly surprised to see Tevin Coleman available at 10.5. He's one of my bounce-back guys for 2016, and provides a nice contrast to Stewart/Hill from a receptions standpoint. Thought I'd continue in that vein at 11.12, but lost Sproles, Bilal Powell, Lance Dunbar and Vereen between picks. Late 11th Round, D run coming, grabbed my best D with earliest bye so I could only go with 1 and add another RB/WR into the mix. Seahawks. Right around 12.05 Sam Bradford came into camp. Figured if I didn't take him, one of the other 1QB guys might, so...13.12 right in the middle of the PK run, grabbed dependable Vinatieri, with the idea in mind I'd get a cannon-type for a backup later. 5 picks to go, time to take some shots. Washington could provide a nice 2-punch to Lat Murray, potentially heavy recepts, which I need. LaFell could be a move-the-chains type possession guy opposite Green/Eifert/Bernard, but with those mouths eating first, uninspiring. Even more uninspiring is Sanu/LaFell at WR4/5. No. Upside. At. All, which is not how you want to build your depth...but I was doing a bang-up job with RB bench upside (Coleman/Washington), and I think I hit it again with Keith Marshall...I've already heard it, so you didn't hear it here first, but I think Marshall will be starting for the Redskins at some point this Season. Matt Jones/ball control + Chris Thompson/injury. Enamored with that speed, I am...but how did I, and everyone else, miss Charcandrick West sitting there on the sidelines? 17.01. Great pick, Bass. I think you can ride with 1 D/ST as long as you follow the formula of 'best one with the earliest bye), which I did. As hit or miss as this Team seems, can't justify going only 1 PK, even under the best of circumstances. Had dependable Vin, paired him up with Greg the Leg, now, however, without the dome. Last chance at an upside WR went out the window with Ty Montgomery 2 picks prior to 18.05. Well, DHB seemed to have something going with Big Ben last year, and again no Super Mart...
So, pretty uninspiring lot here:

Ryan/11, Bradford/4 - I'm quite optimistic about Ryan, think he finishes well inside the Top 16 QB, so didn't get too badly burned by waiting, in my opinion. Barring injury, I only need Bradford for Week 11, however, it's very likely Bradford won't be starting by then. Then again, if he is, and Ryan is doing his thing, I could get lucky...but it's unlikely.

JStewart/7, JHill/9, TColeman/11, DAWashington/10, KMarshall/9 - well, they aren't exactly model PPR citizens, but they are workhorses, so there's that, and if you're going to have backs like that, you need to have depth with upside. With each passing day, I'm becoming more enamored with Tevin Coleman in that role. Think there's a realistic chance he's going really cut into DFreeman. DeAndre Washington has talent, opportunity and no competition to be the 1B to Lat Murray. If I know one situation, it's the Redskins, and that situation is a lot more fluid than it seems, and Keith Marshall is in the catbird seat to stealing opportunity there.

Allen Robinson/5, TYHilton/10, Fitzgerald/9...Sanu/11, LaFell/9, DHB/8 - cripes, what a contrast. If I'm wrong about Fitz, I'm toast, because he has to keep this bench from being a factor in weekly scoring. Wow, is that some crappy depth.

Fleener/5, MBennett/9 - sexy, sexy, sexy reward potential from a talent/situation standpoint, but with both joining new Teams, could, at the very least, struggle out of the gates, and with this SSL Team, that's probably fatal.

Vinatieri/10, Zeuerlein/8, Seahawks/5 - In theory, solid (1 dependable / 1 cannon PK, best D with early bye week).

I've spent the past hour trying to justify this pile of garbage. So many long shots have to break right for this to work. At this point, I'll hope not to get relegated to SSL4...because there might not be one.

4.01    Aaron Rodgers GBP QB2 (4)

16.01 Mark Sanchez QB31 DEN (11) 

Decided not to go solo and added Sanchez.  Live in CO just north of DEN, and everything out here is pointing toward the team rolling with Sanchez and Lynch sitting as long as possible. Felt like some pretty good backup QB value this late in the draft as Sanchez will have the best WR's he has ever had to work with.  DEN is at TB in week 4, Sanchez should still be pulling the trigger then.  But obviously I'll be riding Rodgers here and should be solid every week. However I won't be surprised if Sanchez has a few nice weeks. Rodgers having an early bye could help down the road.

1.15    Lamar Miller HOU RB7 (9)
3.16    C.J. Anderson DEN RB15 (11)
9.16    Rashad Jennings NYG RB43 (8)

15.16  Darren McFadden DAL RB59 (7)

Added DMC to the mix, mostly because I just don't feel DAL will run the rookie into the ground in his first year and DMC should spell him on occasion and get enough touches some weeks to maybe post a score. And should the rookie get dinged I have a solid RB1 on those weeks.  Curious as to the role Morris will play, but if I had to bet, got a feeling minimal to released with the rookie now on board. Decided to roll with only 4 here as I am pretty confident my top 2 will carry the load and Jennings is IMO a solid RB3 even with Perkins being drafted. No bye week issues here so as long as I stay healthy will be able to pick from 3-4 scores each week.  When the rosters drop from 20 to 18 I will generally overpay a little at RB2 with thoughts of only rostering 4 and using the RB5 roster spot somewhere else.  

2.02    Demaryius Thomas DEN WR9 (11) 
5.16    Corey Coleman CLE WR40 (13)    
7.16    Markus Wheaton PIT WR46 (47) (8)
10.01  Josh Doctson WAS WR54 (9)    
11.16   Terrance Williams DAL WR65 (7)    
12.01   Devin Funchess CAR WR66  (7)

18.01 Kenny Britt LAR WR91 (8)

Added Britt to the mix with the last pick in lieu of PK2 or RB5.  Felt he represented nice value as the locked in WR2 or maybe really WR1B on the Rams and what should be better QB play.  He might be being a little undervalued in these.  I thought about rolling with the six I had and drafting Hightower but fell back on my original strategy of only taking 4 RB's and hoping that it pays off.  I felt Britt added a nice little bump to this group as it gives me a player who should be on the field a ton and another chance to post a WR score in a start 3 league. Britt isn't just a dart throw/once in awhile big play guy you add at the end, I expect his numbers to improve on his WR55 finish last year.....making this value at WR91. (48) WR's would normally start every week, Britt was sniffing that last year.  As a group I have some question marks here but they may surprise. Drafted Thomas, Wheaton, and Funchess almost exactly where they finished last year (9) (47) (64). You could make a case for Wheaton and Funchess that there situation/role/opportunity on the team has improved. Willams still finished as WR(44) with bad QB play for part of the year so some potential value getting him 20+ spots later and healthy Romo. Same with Britt who finished 36 spots ahead of his draft spot with bad QB play. If the two rooks have an impact this group becomes somewhat solid. 

6.01    Dwayne Allen IND TE12 (10)
8.01    Jared Cook GBP TE17 (4)

Like this group a little more every day and expect TE5 ham and egg type production from guys who have two of the top QB's in the league feeding them the rock.

13.16 Matt Prater PK15 DET (10)

While not doing any statistical research to support my feelings, I am warming to the solo PK idea especially in an 18 roster spot league.  I guess I was just thinking anytime your PK say takes a donut, how far is that really putting me behind the field at this position?  Yeah some weeks, maybe a little more than others, but overall I'm willing to roll the dice that Britt helps me advance more than a not having a second PK keeps me from advancing (if that makes sense). If Prater gets me say 7 points and my PK2 gets me 9, yeah I could have had a couple more points on that particular week, but I maybe really needed Britt posting a score at WR to save my bacon. Last year there was a weekly average difference of about 3 points, between PK1 and PK16. and about a point between PK16 and PK32. I have no idea what that really means but I see guys through out stuff like that every once in awhile, so I thought I would see if it sticks.  Anywhooo, long story short, I think, when needed, I can make up those points elsewhere. I like Prater and my only other week 10 bye is Allen, so I should be loaded for bear elsewhere for the most part.  

14.01 New England Patriots DST9 (9)

17.16 Tennessee Titans DST28 (13)

When it comes to DST I just think it's good to have two, if a team takes it to the house they are probably starting for you that week and maybe give you a slight advantage, otherwise there's not a huge difference in weekly average points top to bottom. 

Overall; I feel better about how this team ended up than I did while I was drafting it. Last year I think I made it to the final 4 in about 5 of these leagues and I have pretty much stuck with the same plan of attack. I should be strong at QB, RB, and TE, with a chance of holding my own at WR.  I think adding a 7th might pay off. Overall, draft wise I feel some pretty steady consistent veteran value fell while some swung for the fences on some rookies in this draft more than some of the others. I realize there are some rooks who make a huge impact, but many others don't pan out.  I think many people chase the OBJ/Gurley lightning in a bottle thing when they may have been better off locking down some kinda automatic production.  I'm not sold on having to swing for the fences to win these things.  Good luck.  :banned:

Stinkin Ref said:
4.01    Aaron Rodgers GBP QB2 (4)

16.01 Mark Sanchez QB31 DEN (11) 

Decided not to go solo and added Sanchez.  Live in CO just north of DEN, and everything out here is pointing toward the team rolling with Sanchez and Lynch sitting as long as possible. Felt like some pretty good backup QB value this late in the draft as Sanchez will have the best WR's he has ever had to work with.  DEN is at TB in week 4, Sanchez should still be pulling the trigger then.  But obviously I'll be riding Rodgers here and should be solid every week. However I won't be surprised if Sanchez has a few nice weeks. Rodgers having an early bye could help down the road.
Gotta love Rodgers at 4.1.  Getting a starting QB at 16.1 may be as much of a steal.  Looks like almost an automatically 20+ its a week with a safety net.  Grade B+

1.15    Lamar Miller HOU RB7 (9)
3.16    C.J. Anderson DEN RB15 (11)
9.16    Rashad Jennings NYG RB43 (8)

15.16  Darren McFadden DAL RB59 (7)

Added DMC to the mix, mostly because I just don't feel DAL will run the rookie into the ground in his first year and DMC should spell him on occasion and get enough touches some weeks to maybe post a score. And should the rookie get dinged I have a solid RB1 on those weeks.  Curious as to the role Morris will play, but if I had to bet, got a feeling minimal to released with the rookie now on board. Decided to roll with only 4 here as I am pretty confident my top 2 will carry the load and Jennings is IMO a solid RB3 even with Perkins being drafted. No bye week issues here so as long as I stay healthy will be able to pick from 3-4 scores each week.  When the rosters drop from 20 to 18 I will generally overpay a little at RB2 with thoughts of only rostering 4 and using the RB5 roster spot somewhere else.  
Dude, you still haven't learned your Denver RB lesson.  I do really like the Jennings pick in this format.  McFadden was no different than any dart throw from 15.16 on out.  Grade B

2.02    Demaryius Thomas DEN WR9 (11) 
5.16    Corey Coleman CLE WR40 (13)    
7.16    Markus Wheaton PIT WR46 (47) (8)
10.01  Josh Doctson WAS WR54 (9)    
11.16   Terrance Williams DAL WR65 (7)    
12.01   Devin Funchess CAR WR66  (7)

18.01 Kenny Britt LAR WR91 (8)

Added Britt to the mix with the last pick in lieu of PK2 or RB5.  Felt he represented nice value as the locked in WR2 or maybe really WR1B on the Rams and what should be better QB play.  He might be being a little undervalued in these.  I thought about rolling with the six I had and drafting Hightower but fell back on my original strategy of only taking 4 RB's and hoping that it pays off.  I felt Britt added a nice little bump to this group as it gives me a player who should be on the field a ton and another chance to post a WR score in a start 3 league. Britt isn't just a dart throw/once in awhile big play guy you add at the end, I expect his numbers to improve on his WR55 finish last year.....making this value at WR91. (48) WR's start every week, Britt was sniffing that last year.  As a group I have some question marks here but they may surprise. Drafted Thomas, Wheaton, and Funchess almost exactly where they finished last year (9) (47) (64). You could make a case for Wheaton and Funchess that there situation/role/opportunity on the team has improved. Willams still finished as WR(44) with bad QB play for part of the year so some potential value getting him 20+ spots later and healthy Romo. Same with Britt who finished 36 spots ahead of his draft spot with bad QB play. If the two rooks have an impact this group becomes somewhat solid. 
I'm off the DT bandwagon.  Probably any number of WRs between here and the mid third that match him.  He'll get his but you have a roster full of undependable guys after him.  Coleman can get the jump balls so maybe he'll work out well with RG3.  I really like Wheaton and Doctson where you got them.  Don't see dependable production from Williams or Finches.  I think the Britt addition late was very smart.  Grade B-

6.01    Dwayne Allen IND TE12 (10)
8.01    Jared Cook GBP TE17 (4)

Like this group a little more every day and expect TE5 ham and egg type production from guys who have two of the top QB's in the league feeding them the rock.
Like what you did here at the price.  Allen should really move up the ranks this year.  Cook could be huge or flame out.  Good choice behind Allen.  Grade B

13.16 Matt Prater PK15 DET (10)

While not doing any statistical research to support my feelings, I am warming to the solo PK idea especially in an 18 roster spot league.  I guess I was just thinking anytime your PK say takes a donut, how far is that really putting me behind the field at this position?  Yeah some weeks, maybe a little more than others, but overall I'm willing to roll the dice that Britt helps me advance more than a not having a second PK keeps me from advancing (if that makes sense). If Prater gets me say 7 points and my PK2 gets me 9, yeah I could have had a couple more points on that particular week, but I maybe really needed Britt posting a score at WR to save my bacon. Last year there was a weekly average difference of about 3 points, between PK1 and PK16. and about a point between PK16 and PK32. I have no idea what that really means but I see guys through out stuff like that every once in awhile, so I thought I would see if it sticks.  Anywhooo, long story short, I think, when needed, I can make up those points elsewhere. I like Prater and my only other week 10 bye is Allen, so I should be loaded for bear elsewhere for the most part.  
You draft one and take your chances.  If he plays all year it's no issue.  Grade F-

14.01 New England Patriots DST9 (9)

17.16 Tennessee Titans DST28 (13)

When it comes to DST I just think it's good to have two, if a team takes it to the house they are probably starting for you that week and maybe give you a slight advantage, otherwise there's not a huge difference in weekly average points top to bottom. 
You have two, one good and one who knows.  Grade C-

Overall; I feel better about how this team ended up than I did while I was drafting it. Last year I think I made it to the final 4 in about 5 of these leagues and I have pretty much stuck with the same plan of attack. I should be strong at QB, RB, and TE, with a chance of holding my own at WR.  I think adding a 7th might pay off. Overall, draft wise I feel some pretty steady consistent veteran value fell while some swung for the fences on some rookies in this draft more than some of the others. I realize there are some rooks who make a huge impact, but many others don't pan out.  I think many people chase the OBJ/Gurley lightning in a bottle thing when they may have been better off locking down some kinda automatic production.  I'm not sold on having to swing for the fences to win these things.  Good luck.  :banned:
Pretty much in agreement with you here.  You sweep up some nice value and your formula works.

rebuttal....

CJA....think it's more of finally figuring it out instead of not learning my lesson....DEN offense went through a pretty dramatic change over the last few years and the DEN running game kind of got caught in the wash out....went from high octane and Manning throwing 55 TD's to Kub's coming in and wanting to ground and pound.....yet what Kub's wanted to do was met with some resistance by the main man in charge, which was Manning.....Kub's system didn't fit the way Manning operates and it was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.....and it showed....it caused some friction even with an aging Manning....and then even a little when Brock was in....the offense never got on track....but I think what you saw towards the end of the year and CJA usage is what you are going to see moving forward....and then some....CHI wanted CJA......MIA signed CJA.....DEN came over the top to keep him.....he is the man even with Hillman and the rookie in town....CJA has healthy Arian Foster under Kub's type production in him....I'm buying all day everyday at the price he is going in these drafts.....in real world drafts come beginning of season, I see his ADP leapfrogging many of the 14 guys taken before him in this draft.....I hope it doesn't, because I think he is great value and that should make it really easy on you come IBL time, cause hopefully everybody else has also soured on the DEN RB situation and it will be an easy opportunity to take advantage of and I'll be happy to wait on securing Anderson "late".....no need to move up for him right?....lol....but like I said I see him rising closer we get to season...

DMC...I guess you can call it a dart if you want, but he had a nice year last year and if you had to rank RB2's or handcuffs.....he's probably at or near top of list

T. Williams WR44 last year....no competition brought in....situation gets better with healthy Romo?...Funchess indeed a wild card, but finished strong....could easily become WR2 in high octane offense...

QB - Griffin 13, Manning 8 - Meh.  Eli is consistently under rated.  With 6 teams on byes week 8 I could probably survive with a donut at QB.  If RG3 returns to a shell of himself this should be a middle of the pack pairing.  Also gave consideration to Sanchez and Kapernick late but kept seeing value elsewhere.  Grade D+
Eli never gets much love but chucks it a bunch.  As a Griffin owner in some others of these we kind of need CLE to deal McCown, I am wondering if RG3 has enough to beat out McCown straight up.  I think he will be given the benefit of the doubt, even if McCown shows to be the better player in camp/preseason but McCown played ok at times last year, I'm not sure RG3 even plays "ok". Middle of pack would be great for you.  I sniffed the whole Gabbert/Kapernick thing before deciding on Sanchez, but just didn't want any of that mess and they took a rookie. If not adding Sanchez but you still felt the need to add one, McCown might have been the call, but tough to go 3 deep with 18 roster spots.

RB - Ingram 5, L. Murray 10, Woodhead 11, West 5, Artis-Payne 7 - Ingram has become a ff stud when not hurt.  Not super high on Murray but he's clearly the best option in Oakland.  Woodhead was at 6.16 and a dependable source of points in a format that rewards that.  West was a shot in the dark and would have paired Ware with him if he had lasted.  Surprised to see CAP and Tre Mason available at the last pick of the draft.  Clear cut backups to RBs that get heavy work loads.  Went with CAP because Stewy is older than Gurley.  Grade B+
I will probably like this group more than others even tho I'm not a big Ingram guy.  Loved the Woodhead pick, almost took him at the turn before you, can't believe he lasted that long.  Stud in this format. West good dice roll as Charles probably loses some touches this year and he may be first in line.  Have a feeling KC spreads the rock around between their 3 guys way more than Charles owners want to see.  Avoiding Charles this year even at his perceived discount. CAP was on my radar and also surprised he didn't go with Stew injury history.  Nice group here. 

WR - Brown 8, Crabtree 10, Austin 8, Ginn 7, Hogan/Amendola 9, Gordon 13 - If Gordon is back, I will run away from the league at this position.  Catching some lucky value picks allowed me to burn a 13th round pick on Gordon.  Brown obviously a beast.  Crabtree a solid WR2.  Austin and Ginn will contribute some homer weeks.  Felt like Hogan/Amendola pairing was a gift.  The NE passing offense should guarantee me a decent weekly floor on the weeks that Austin/Ginn disappear.  Grade A
Solid top 3, an A might be a little generous as 4-7 could have limited return.  I am a Hogan fan and actually started sniffing him around the 11-12 turn, but then I started thinking about ALL of the guys NE brought in and just wondered if Hogan really had the goods to hold all of them off. Plus Bennett signing, etc and then no Brady for 4 weeks, so kept passing.  Tough to gamble on Gordon in an 18 roster spot league and it could be a waste. Winning immunity in week 7 may be required as you are staring at crabtree/ginn/NE guys and no Manning in week 8. I will be watching the CAR WR group as I am interested to see how that shakes out with KB back, I feel Ginn may be getting a little too much love based on last year. Agreed Gordon changes everything, but some question marks after your top 2 so thought an A grade was a little strong.

TE - Effort 9, Witten 7 - Love this combo in 2 ppr.  Grade A-

D - Denver 11 - With a defense a strong as this, it was easy to go solo.  The week 11 bye was very tasty with this lineup.  Grade C+

K - Gostkowski 9 - Going solo her allowed me take a risk with Gordon and secure Hogan/Amendola.  I'm confident those choices will net more points than a second kicker when that kicker is a stud.  Worked on well that I didn't have much week 9 exposure and several teams will be missing numerous players.  Grade C+
Nice duo at TE and I can't hate on the solo choices.

If Griffin and Gordon play, this team should be a contender.  If not, it still be a be a very tough out.
Agreed that you have a lot riding on RG3 and Gordon....I'm sure that doesn't feel real comfy right now....and it probably sounds even worse when you say it out loud....Manning gonna have to have a nice year and stay healthy, your RB2 and TE's may need to have some nice weeks to cover your WR's if things don't pan out in NE the way you need them too...little negativity is mostly cause doubt Gordon plays which also hurts RG3...but overall there aren't a lot of holes and this team could still manage a Gordon no show...a bad week by DEN DST and Gost at the same time could cause a close boot towards the end of the year.....but right now I'd put a big ol bass on the cover of Madden 2018.

FULLBACK FRO

PLAYER

2015 YTD PTS

BYE

DRAFTED

Brady, Tom NEP QB (S)

Flacco, Joe BAL QB (Q)

Booker, Devontae DEN RB (R) (P)

-

Lacy, Eddie GBP RB

Spiller, C.J. NOS RB (P)

Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB

Beasley, Cole DAL WR

Beckham, Odell NYG WR

Conley, Chris KCC WR

Green-Beckham, Dorial TEN WR(P)

Janis, Jeff GBP WR

White, Kevin CHI WR

-

Heuerman, Jeff DEN TE

-

Kelce, Travis KCC TE

Catanzaro, Chandler ARI PK

Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def

Raiders, Oakland OAK Def

Took a gamble on Brady but who know with his suspension and even if he missed 4 games I could prob get by with Flacco and his new weapons.

I think Lacy bounces back this year and Yeldon at 7.03 was pretty sweet.  I don't love this RB group but don't hate it either. 

These WR's have boom ot bust all over them.  I can run away with the league with this stable or be out week 1.  I went with all upside as I am going for the win, not just trying to survice this year.

Kelce is a my stud and I have a lottery ticket with Heurman.  Waited too long.  In hindsight shoudl ahve grabbed Witten over Booker in the 9th.

Overall, I like the team but there are a lot of holes.  I guess just like any team in these 18 roster leagues. Week 5 is going to be my hurdle with 2 RB's and my only legitamite TE on Bye.  But Brady's back that week and my WR's are mostly there.  

If I'm not mistaken, and I may very well be, the SSL1 Final 4 are: by the sea wannabe, Bass, Nugget and Fro.

Eliminations, in order: Rene, Prince, Fiddles, Ref, Norseman, Maggot, valence, Ruds, RC94, Duck, nl, Bloom...

Anyone welcome to double-check for accuracy...

Congrats btsw, you got me by 9 points.

This has to be the worst team ever to make a final.  Went without a QB week 8 and only had one most of the season.  Generally only had two RBs each week.  Gordon was a whiff and Woodhead and Eifert injured most of the year.

BASSNBREW 

PLAYER

YTD PTS

BYE

DRAFTED

Griffin III, Robert CLE QB

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Artis-Payne, Cameron CAR RB

Ingram, Mark NOS RB

Murray, Latavius OAK RB

West, Charcandrick KCC RB

Woodhead, Danny SDC RB (I)