What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 STOCK CONTEST (1 Viewer)

We aren't getting much action this year. I'm trying to work up a prize. Only 6 more days of taking entries.

I think it is probably just that we got an early start and many prefer to pick closer to year-end, having a better idea of the base line.

I'll take Chipotle, with an extra helping of E Coli. (it's got no where to go but up)

NYSE: CMG $494.42

Intertain Group IT:CN - trades in Canada, should get listing in the US this year. Stock was punished unfairly by a short hit piece that is largely baseless. I expect a sharp rebound here. $9.80 today. Was right at $20 in June. Online Bingo. Flipping cash cow with the old ladies in countries that are nonsensical with their online gaming laws like we are here.

Intertain Group IT:CN - trades in Canada, should get listing in the US this year. Stock was punished unfairly by a short hit piece that is largely baseless. I expect a sharp rebound here. $9.80 today. Was right at $20 in June. Online Bingo. Flipping cash cow with the old ladies in countries that are nonsensical with their online gaming laws like we are here.
Does this have an ADR or be trading in the US by 01/02?

SWHC - the tenor of the times suggests it could double again this year. Hopefully I will come in last again - if I keep this as my choice I will be actively rooting against it.

S&P remains the same: 2222.22

-QG
Alright I'll change away from the company I don't believe in.

Now my choice is GERN. Still going with S&P 2222.22

Though about BBRY and SKX as well.

-QG

BNY (Good yield too although it doesn't count.)

I really like AMZN but think for the sake of this contest you need a company that could potentially double in price.

I really like AMZN but think for the sake of this contest you need a company that could potentially double in price.
Might be trying to catch a falling knife but I like CMG. That said, I don't think it can win this contest.

I should also just drop themike after my near gate to gate domination in 2015, but I'll go ahead and try and grab another falling knife and go with AMBA for 2016

Might be trying to catch a falling knife but I like CMG. That said, I don't think it can win this contest.

I should also just drop themike after my near gate to gate domination in 2015, but I'll go ahead and try and grab another falling knife and go with AMBA for 2016
I was thinking the same thing GB. Nice win in 2015. My pick was only up 58%.

CMG already taken

EXK long

Good management.

PMs have been manipulated down for years now. Banks should have accumulated their fill of gold at these low prices by now. The disillusioned and frustrated have sold off.

Silver and gold have value as an industrial metal.

Silver supply is below demand.

EXK's silver equivalent production has increased each of the last few quarters.

EXK's exploration drilling indicates high grades of silver and gold mineralization in all of their projects.

S&P 2029 This presidential election will have Wall Street in spazz mode.

jmho V

Last edited by a moderator:
EXK long

Good management.

PMs have been manipulated down for years now. Banks should have accumulated their fill of gold at these low prices by now. The disillusioned and frustrated have sold off.

Silver and gold have value as an industrial metal.

Silver supply is below demand.

EXK's silver equivalent production has increased each of the last few quarters.

EXK's exploration drilling indicates high grades of silver and gold mineralization in all of their projects.

S&P 2029 This presidential election will have Wall Street in spazz mode.

jmho V
That you, Dodds?

WMIH - M&A to happen this year with KKR controlling conpany.

SP: 1905 WAG

Also really like PSDV going into next year. New eye treatment showing great promise.

OLED takes over entire display sector, huge winner in 2016. Must own technology growth stock.

S&P 1500. Dollar soars uncontrollably at beginning of year then tanks in second half as fed is forced to cut rates to weaken dollar. Chaos ensues. Monetary policy becomes focus of 2016 presidential election.

Alright, we are locked and loaded! I put the picks in alphabetical order by member name to make it easier to find your entry. Good luck everyone.

Given today I think the answer is "the only winning move is not to play".

My S&P prediction of 1825 looks like it'll get there by next week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread