What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Dynasty Stash--waiver wire adds with an eye to the future (1 Viewer)

saintfool said:
Listening to the beat reporter in Chicago, the Bears are letting him audition a little with the suspension. He's behind Travathan and Freeman for sure but, right now, could be seen as Freeman's heir. Somewhat speculative add, imo.
Thanks for the info.  I just saw the opportunity for the rest of the season, and figure I'll dig deeper in the offseason.

One name Ill put forth that people should have an eye on... NYG DE Romeo Okwara.

I already owned him in a deep league based on his preseason work and JPP being on a 1 year contract. Now with JPP out he should get a lot of snaps and be able to show one-way-or-the-other.  But in preseason he was being used even on the inside because they considered him their strongest pass rusher (as a undrafted rookie) outside of JPP and Vernon.
Led team in tackles and had a sack in his first start as a rookie.  Hope you have him locked away with the JPP contract as an unknown.

Has anyone mentioned Sean Davis? He's been coming on strong, and is now the starting strong safety for the Steelers. 

Looks fast, strong, athletic...they're using him to rush the passer, and his coverage skills musn't be too bad because he was playing CB earlier in the season.

Perhaps he's too shallow for this group. If so, I apologize for stating the obvious. 

Has anyone mentioned Sean Davis? He's been coming on strong, and is now the starting strong safety for the Steelers. 

Looks fast, strong, athletic...they're using him to rush the passer, and his coverage skills musn't be too bad because he was playing CB earlier in the season.

Perhaps he's too shallow for this group. If so, I apologize for stating the obvious. 
He's looking good, Was gone in all of my 16-teamers and my 14-teamer.  Available in my 12-teamer so looking to add him. 

Su'a Cravens just tweeted that he'll be a Safety in 2017. Run, don't walk, to add him if he's still available. 

One other guy to keep an eye for next year is Mario Edwards, DE for Oakland. Was a high draft choice in 2015 and and didn't tear it up exactly and he's been on IR all this year but is going to play these last two weeks I think. I think any opposite Mack has a shot at good production. I just picked him up off the WW in my league and it's a big league with good size benches.  

I only play in one true dynasty league, rest are keeper, but these are the stashes I made:

Mario Edwards

Yannick Ngakoue

DJ Alexander

Stephone Anthony (cut suddenly a week or so ago)

BJ Goodson

Sio Moore

Corey Nelson

Kevin Byard

Already had Cravens and Tartt on my roster.  Really hoping that guys like Alexander/Goodson/Moore will reveal their worth by cutdown day.  They will hopefully either have won three down roles, or are buried on the depth chart.  Guys like Ngakoue are tougher, I can probably only really hang onto him if I hear he's having an amazing summer.  Same with Stephone Anthony.  

I had gladly traded away Mario Edwards before this season started (not knowing he would miss so much time)... he struggles to get sacks as a 4-3 DE.

A few quick notes:

Michael Bennett signed a 3-year extension. If you wanted to trade for Frank Clark, this may have lowered his cost.

Robert Alford signed a 3-year extension. This kills Jalen Collins' value next year. He'll be reliant on an injury to get snaps. He can be dropped.

Another CB to keep an eye on is Blake Countess from the Rams. He's gotten snaps the last two games as they're giving some young guys playing time to see what they've got. The rookie played both CB and S at Auburn. Countess got 8 solos, 3 assists and a sack in Week 16 against the 49ers and 4 solos and 5 assists in Week 17 against the Cards. Definitely worth a look. Rumor is the Rams want an offensive HC, potentially Sean Payton. They could focus most of their free agent spending/limited draft capital on the offensive side of the ball, clearing a way for Countess to earn snaps next year.

Did we mention David Irving in this thread? He had a couple of blow up games. Depending on how he plays in the playoffs, he may still be a buy if the price hasn't gotten too high, but you are running out of time.

Blurb today on MFL that Vince Williams will start. Article link, which doesn't necessarily confirm that outright, has the following:

Egan: Are the Steelers fine w/ Vince Williams taking over for Timmons or will they sign an ILB or draft one in the draft?

Ed Bouchette: They may draft one, but I think Williams will start. He's not really taking over for Timmons in a way. That would be Shazier. Although Timmons did play the buck LB spot (where Williams will play), he really was more suited to the mac, which also is Shazier's best spot.

Users who are viewing this thread