What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

A few more from the pole

Carr, Eli

DJ, Gurley, Mccaffrey, Cook, Hightower, Kerwynn Williams

Cooper, Cobb, Rishard Mathews, Doctson,Corey Coleman,Conley, Enunwa (Drafted weeks before injury)

Bennett, Walker, Watson

Hopkins

Arizona

Cousins, Dalton

DJ, Mixon, Powell, Rawls,Hill , Perine, Kerwynn Williams

Cooks, Marshall, Decker,Boldin, Austin, Juju

Kelce, Eifert, Davis

Sturgis

KC

Stafford, Taylor, Cutler

Dj, Fournette, Cook, Lacy, Jamaal, Williams, Aaron Jones

Dez, Watkins, Marshall,Crowder, Moncrief

Hooper,Howard,Engram,Watson

Hopkins

KC

From the 12:

QB: Carr (10), Taylor (15)

RB: Freeman (1), Zeke (2), Woodhead (6), Perine (9), Quiz Rodgers (10), Joe Williams (13)

WR: Watkins (3), Parker (7), DJax (8), Ginn (12), Lee (14), Ross (18)

TE: Reed (4), Rudolph (5), Davis (16), Swoope (19)

K: Vinitieri (20)

Def: NYG (17)

Champ rds or bust.  
someone explain this to me, I constantly see Zeke going in rd 2, post suspension, this contest has an 11 week regular season. Do people really think they can make the playoffs taking him in rd 2? or are people banking on some sort of reduction? I'm just very confused by this and it happens in every draft.

Geezus how many DJ shares do you have??  All of those teams are monsters.  
Agree.  I like all those teams.  Of course, having DJ is always going to add stability, but you did a fine job all the way around. 

I draft 2nd in a couple upcoming leagues, and I am really hoping Bell goes over him in at least 1.  I don't have a #1 spot this year.  :sadbanana:  

Aunt Jemima said:
someone explain this to me, I constantly see Zeke going in rd 2, post suspension, this contest has an 11 week regular season. Do people really think they can make the playoffs taking him in rd 2? or are people banking on some sort of reduction? I'm just very confused by this and it happens in every draft.
People are confident in their ability to draft enough depth to cover the first several weeks of the season.  Da Gildz took Quiz Rodgers in the 10th who should give pretty good production weeks 1-3 (some think beyond that)  Also, people will draft DMC to try and get production that way.  I think most are thinking it will be reduced to 4 games, which is before the bye weeks, so finding fill-ins isn't too hard.  I can't remember the last NFL suspension that didn't get reduced.

If you have confidence (which Gildz cleary does) then you are will to take that chance for the upside provided by Zeke for the playoff run/playoffs/championship round.  You don't win big money playing it safe. 

People are confident in their ability to draft enough depth to cover the first several weeks of the season.  Da Gildz took Quiz Rodgers in the 10th who should give pretty good production weeks 1-3 (some think beyond that)  Also, people will draft DMC to try and get production that way.  I think most are thinking it will be reduced to 4 games, which is before the bye weeks, so finding fill-ins isn't too hard.  I can't remember the last NFL suspension that didn't get reduced.

If you have confidence (which Gildz cleary does) then you are will to take that chance for the upside provided by Zeke for the playoff run/playoffs/championship round.  You don't win big money playing it safe. 
I understand I just look at most of the rosters, including the one above that employed the strategy and I don't see playoff teams but maybe that is just me. I also think there is a good chance it is not reduced, he clearly lied, there is no new evidence.

I understand I just look at most of the rosters, including the one above that employed the strategy and I don't see playoff teams but maybe that is just me. I also think there is a good chance it is not reduced, he clearly lied, there is no new evidence.
Teams who drafted Bell last year in rd 2 got gold.  Yes it was 3 games vs 6.  But do you think these teams start a goose egg in Zekes spot or something?  Everyone drafts rbs in those middle rds. The Woodhead/Abdullah/Riddicks/Gores. yada yada.  They just don't use them until they have to.  The Zeke owners will just have to use those guys earlier on in the process.  Are those guys that bad that you can't skate by those weeks?  Eh.  Now if they get hurt also, were F'd.  But that's ok.  

I'm also of the mindset you're going to need 1 of those big 3 rbs to take down the big prize.  So in a tournament where more then 1/2 the league buy-in is taken out of the league prize pool, I'm willing to gamble on that upside for the champ rds. Also lets be real, the 1 and 3 seeds in leagues aren't even that great of teams some years.  So it's  always possible you just get lucky with the schedule.  Not my intent with that team but ill take it if it that happens. 

Last 2 overall winners were pretty marginal teams during reg season. Want to say weekly avg of ~ 140 ppg.  Just get in the dance and anything can happen.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Teams who drafted Bell last year in rd 2 got gold.  Yes it was 3 games vs 6.  But do you think these teams start a goose egg in Zekes spot or something?  Everyone drafts rbs in those middle rds. The Woodhead/Abdullah/Riddicks/Gores. yada yada.  They just don't use them until they have to.  The Zeke owners will just have to use those guys earlier on in the process.  Are those guys that bad that you can't skate by those weeks?  Eh.  Now if they get hurt also, were F'd.  But that's ok.  

I'm also of the mindset you're going to need 1 of those big 3 rbs to take down the big prize.  So in a tournament where more then 1/2 the league buy-in is taken out of the league prize pool, I'm willing to gamble on that upside for the champ rds. Also lets be real, the 1 and 3 seeds in leagues aren't even that great of teams some years.  So it's  always possible you just get lucky with the schedule.  Not my intent with that team but ill take it if it that happens. 

Last 2 overall winners were pretty marginal teams during reg season. Want to say weekly avg of ~ 140 ppg.  Just get in the dance and anything can happen.  
appreciate the explanation, I'll be interested to see how it pans out. You clearly aren't the only one, I have seen about 6 or 7 post suspension drafts and he went in the 2nd in every one of them

Caesar said:
Agree.  I like all those teams.  Of course, having DJ is always going to add stability, but you did a fine job all the way around. 

I draft 2nd in a couple upcoming leagues, and I am really hoping Bell goes over him in at least 1.  I don't have a #1 spot this year.  :sadbanana:  
Saw Bell go over DJ in a few drafts before camp opened but unless Bell reports I doubt anyone will pass on DJ at #1. 

zeke99 said:
A few more from the pole

Carr, Eli

DJ, Gurley, Mccaffrey, Cook, Hightower, Kerwynn Williams

Cooper, Cobb, Rishard Mathews, Doctson,Corey Coleman,Conley, Enunwa (Drafted weeks before injury)

Bennett, Walker, Watson

Hopkins

Arizona

Cousins, Dalton

DJ, Mixon, Powell, Rawls,Hill , Perine, Kerwynn Williams

Cooks, Marshall, Decker,Boldin, Austin, Juju

Kelce, Eifert, Davis

Sturgis

KC

Stafford, Taylor, Cutler

Dj, Fournette, Cook, Lacy, Jamaal, Williams, Aaron Jones

Dez, Watkins, Marshall,Crowder, Moncrief

Hooper,Howard,Engram,Watson

Hopkins

KC
One can easily see the areas of emphasis vs. de-emphasis in each of these teams. #1 has the weak WRs and #3 the weaker QBs and TEs. #2 looks the strongest throughout, at least from a league winning perspective. Team #3 has the very high risk/reward WRs. They could all explode or all fall apart.  If at least three of them are strong, and both Hooper and Stafford have very good years, #3 might have the most potential in the championship round. 

4-hole:

Wilson (9), Roethlisberger (13)

Ajayi (2), Cook (5), Powell (7), Forte (11), Bernard (12), DLewis (16), Drake (18)

Julio (1), Baldwin (3), Tyreek (4), Snead (6), Moncrief (8), Hurns (20)

Fleener (10), Brate (14), Gates (15)

Bailey (17)

JAC (19)

Seven Above said:
4-hole:

Ajayi (2), Cook (5), Powell (7), Forte (11), Bernard (12), DLewis (16), Drake (18)

Bailey (17)

JAC (19)

Assuming this was drafted pretty early with Cook falling to 5.4.  Pretty strong squad.  This is probably my favorite WR core posted so far.  Without even going zero RB.   The TE's are pretty weak but you probably have enough firepower to negate that.  I like it.  Could be really nice if you make the $ rds. 

Assuming this was drafted pretty early with Cook falling to 5.4.  Pretty strong squad.  This is probably my favorite WR core posted so far.  Without even going zero RB.   The TE's are pretty weak but you probably have enough firepower to negate that.  I like it.  Could be really nice if you make the $ rds. 
From last night.  Deliberated Cook vs Hill at 4.09, obviously pleased that he made it to 5.04.

From the 9:

QB: Carr (12), Tyrod (16)

RB: Zeke (2), Cook (3), McCaffrey (4), Henry (8), Kamara (13), Sims (17), Alf (19)

WR: Edelman (6), DJax (7), Cobb (9), Coleman (10), Ginn (11), Lee (18)

TE: Gronk (1), Rudolph (5), Howard (14)

D: ARI (15)

K: Hopkins (20)

From the 9:

RB: Zeke (2), Cook (3), McCaffrey (4), Henry (8), Kamara (13), Sims (17), Alf (19)

Like that one Gildz.. If Zeke's suspension gets cut in half and you play the right receivers each week team will do well.. You know I'm into the Cook/Mccaffrey combo..

Thanks Zeke.  WR's are a bit underwhelming.  Probably 1 short on the high end.  Landry was taken the pick before in rd 5.  Would have been happy to land him there although Edelman is basically the same guy in rd 6.  The TE's probably make up for that shallow depth tho.  Don't think I've ever owned Gronk or ever wanted to.  But gave it a whirl here.  I'll sign for 10 Gronk games.

Da Gildz said:
From the 9:

Nice value getting Carr in the 12th but still don't know what to expect of him this year. (He went in the 9th in mine a couple weeks ago.) It's a team set up for the championship round but could struggle getting there. Until Zeke is back you'll need to start 3 of the borderline WRs and hope that the 2 rookie RBs come through. Total boom or bust - Carr coming through, Gronk staying healthy, the rook RBs, etc.... Will be fun to watch this one. Give an update during the year.

Ben, Watson

Lynch, Hyde, Perkins, Stewart, Rodgers, Perine, Lewis

Odell, Dez, DHop, John Brown, White, Golladay

Walker, Bennett, Miller

Santos, Steelers

Can't decide if I like this team.

4-hole:

Bailey (17)

JAC (19)
Nice team brother, should be a contender...

From the 9:

I think this one is a bust..  Going to be hard to compete..  Going to be hard for all these rookies to perform to the level you need at their draft spots..

Good Luck

Ben, Watson

Lynch, Hyde, Perkins, Stewart, Rodgers, Perine, Lewis

Odell, Dez, DHop, John Brown, White, Golladay

Walker, Bennett, Miller

Santos, Steelers

Can't decide if I like this team.
Not bad.  I think it has some potential..

I like it a lot.  Would have liked it more going TE over Snead there.  I Like Snead but you were fine with the 3 WR's taken at that point.  And you likely passed on the likes of Eifert or Rudolph.  Swap Snead/Witten for TE/WR  and this could have been monster.  

Going to be strong that's a given.  Henry could be your X factor.  If he's the guy come week 14, this is a very dangerous team. 
Thanks for the feedback.  I don't trust Eifert, or Rudolph (Bradford) to stay healthy.  I think my TEs should be ok if I can close my eyes and pick the right one each week.  I'm big on Snead as a "safe" 80/1000/5 guy.

7-hole earlier tonight, ADP-wise some good values in the back half:

Brady (5), Tyrod (17)

McCoy (1), Elliott (2), Powell (6), Kelley (9), Sproles (13), DLewis (15)

DAdams (3), KAllen (4), Garcon (8), Cobb (10), Britt (11), Ginn (14)

Bennett (7), Witten (12), Clay (16), VDavis (18)

PIT (20)

Vinatieri (19)

Brady (5), Tyrod (17)

PIT (20)

Vinatieri (19)
Solid team. You'll need Powell to do well until Zeke comes back. I've got a lot of Powell also, so let's hope... Still think Adams will see a TD regression and will be OK, just not a 3rd round value. Until Zeke comes back, you'll need to be starting Witten and Garcon.

Good luck. See it as a team that could make the playoffs but there's not much room for error. 

Seven Above said:

Brady (5), Tyrod (17)

PIT (20)

Vinatieri (19)

This is gold.  Well done  

Drafted last night from the 11 spot.

QB: Aaron Rodgers (3), Tyrod Taylor (16)

RB: Jordan Howard (2), Leonard Fournette (4), Tevin Coleman (7), James White (11), Matt Forte (12), Jeremy Langford (19)

WR: Jordy Nelson (1), Michael Crabtree (5), Tyrell Williams (8), Rishard Matthews (9), Adam Thielen (10), Sterling Shepard (14), JJ Nelson (18), Breshad Permian (20)

TE: Tyler Eifert (6), CJ Fiedorowicz (13)

Def: Carolina (17)

K: Matt Bryant (15)

From 5 spot, first draft of the year. Didn't go quite as planned but we will see.

QB: Ryan, Taylor

RB: Lynch, Woodhead, Sproles, Doug Martin, Jamaal Williams, Sims

WR: Odell, Dez, Thielen, Doctson, Marquis Lee, Jaron Brown, Travis Benjamin

TE: Reed, Bennett, Cook

K: Santos

D: Buf (NYJ week 1)

QBs- Winston, Rivers

RBS- Gordon, Lynch, Abdullah

WRs- A. Brown, AJ Green, Tate, M Bryant

TE- Olson

7th spot. Just finished rd 10.   6 more rounds to go.  Draft went QB heavy early so I went WR, RB, WR

Drafted last night from the 11 spot.

QB: Aaron Rodgers (3), Tyrod Taylor (16)

RB: Jordan Howard (2), Leonard Fournette (4), Tevin Coleman (7), James White (11), Matt Forte (12), Jeremy Langford (19)

WR: Jordy Nelson (1), Michael Crabtree (5), Tyrell Williams (8), Rishard Matthews (9), Adam Thielen (10), Sterling Shepard (14), JJ Nelson (18), Breshad Permian (20)

TE: Tyler Eifert (6), CJ Fiedorowicz (13)

Def: Carolina (17)

K: Matt Bryant (15)
One of my favorite teams posted, even though not big on the starting RB choices.  still, I can see why people like them, so overall I like it a lot.  I think the RB depth is your only real concern and that can be addressed on the waiver wire.  Nicely done.

From the 12 spot:

QB: Roethlisberger (11) , Palmer (15)

RB: Lynch (4), Doug Martin (5), Woodhead (6), Sproles (10), Mack (14), Deangelo Henderson (16)

WR: Jordy Nelson (1), Thomas (2), Jordan Matthews (7), Corey Coleman (9), Doctson (12), Jaron Brown (18), Travis Benjamin (19)

TE: Reed (3), Doyle (8), Cook (13)

K: Santos

D: Vikings

From the 11 spot

qb: Russell Wilson

rb: Demarco Murray, Lynch, Woodhead, Lacy, James White, Jeremy Hill

wr: Evans, Tyreek Hill, Cobb, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Mike Williams, Kevin White

TE: Hunter Henry, Swoope, Higbee, OJ Howar

k: gostkowski

d: Hawks

BEND THE KNEE Da Gildz!

Total Domination 

12-hole:

Rodgers (3)

Freeman (1), Gordon (2), DMart (8), Jacquizz (11), Jamaal Williams (13), Oliver (17), Joe Williams (18)

Pryor (4), Parker (5), KBenjamin (6), Britt (9), Corey Davis (12), Z Jones (14), Golladay (16)

Ebron (7), Hooper (10), BWatson (19)

Vinatieri (20), SEA (15)

QBs- Winston, Rivers

RBS- Gordon, Lynch, Abdullah

WRs- A. Brown, AJ Green, Tate, M Bryant

TE- Olson

7th spot. Just finished rd 10.   6 more rounds to go.  Draft went QB heavy early so I went WR, RB, WR
So you got Melvin Gordon, Antonio Brown, A.J.Green, with your 1st 3 picks

then Tate, Lynch, Abdullah, Martvais Bryant and Olsen in the next 5 picks?

So you had 8 picks in the first 5ish rounds?

So you got Melvin Gordon, Antonio Brown, A.J.Green, with your 1st 3 picks

then Tate, Lynch, Abdullah, Martvais Bryant and Olsen in the next 5 picks?

So you had 8 picks in the first 5ish rounds?
It's apparently a draft that's not the Football Guys Tournament..

10th pick

Stafford, Palmer

Woodhead, Ware, Lacy, Gillislee, Prosise, Rodgers, Jones, Draughn

Green, Hill, Cobb, White, Galloday

Gronk, Reed, Watson

Hopkins

Arizona

From the 11 spot

qb: Russell Wilson

rb: Demarco Murray, Lynch, Woodhead, Lacy, James White, Jeremy Hill

wr: Evans, Tyreek Hill, Cobb, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Mike Williams, Kevin White

TE: Hunter Henry, Swoope, Higbee, OJ Howar

k: gostkowski

d: Hawks

BEND THE KNEE Da Gildz!

Total Domination 
Guess you all want to give me the $300k?

From the 3:

QB: Carr (11), Manning (17)

RB: McCaffrey (3), Woodhead (6), Gore (8), Kelley (9), Rawls (10), Perine (13)

WR: Brown (1), Cooks (2), Watkins (4), Parker (5), Beasley (14), Lee (19)

TE: Ebron (7), Fiederowic (12), Allen (16), Davis (18)

Def: Hou (15)

From the 3:

QB: Carr (11), Manning (17)

RB: McCaffrey (3), Woodhead (6), Gore (8), Kelley (9), Rawls (10), Perine (13)

WR: Brown (1), Cooks (2), Watkins (4), Parker (5), Beasley (14), Lee (19)

TE: Ebron (7), Fiederowic (12), Allen (16), Davis (18)

Def: Hou (15)

Not bad but don't see the upside either..  Going to take a lot of in season work Gildz

YOU SHOULD JUST GIVE ME YOU'RE MONEY and I will split whatever we win.  You would make out a lot better. lol

Not bad but I can definitely tell who you are in love with this year after seeing you post a couple teams.  I have a feeling you will be disappointed at years end.  We shall see.

Overall all kidding aside I think this is your best team posted so far.  I like Eifert, Parker and Kamara a lot myself.  DJ is the best player so obviously a huge advantage there.  I think Snead could be within 30 to 50 points of Cooks at years end.. 

Good Luck
Still think this is your best team by far Gildz.  I liked it then and like it even more now.  If only you would of drafted a different 3rd round pick.  All of us can say that on every team though and Fournette still might be money once he gets back on the field but I'm starting to worry a little now.

Coots said:
Not bad but don't see the upside either..  Going to take a lot of in season work Gildz

Yea likely will have to add some juice off the wire.  If Cooks/McCaffrey aren't good, it's going to be a really long yr.   Heavily invested in those 2.  

5 spot

Winston, Eli

Zeke, Gurley, McFadden, Foreman, Mack, Smallwood, Cohen

Thomas, ARob, Parker, John Brown, Ardarius Stewart, Josh Gordon

Eifert, Sefarian-Jenkins, Max Williams

----

Got a bit carried away with RBs for a stretch hoping to hit gold on one to help with the Zeke situation.  Probably should have used one of those picks on a TE or another WR.  Still, was pumped to see Gurley in the third and Eifert in the fourth

You took Zeke at 5 or Michael thomas??

Gurley falling to 3.5 is pretty crazy at this point.  

As drafted pretty strong.  If Zeke gets 0, super strong.  

Gordon was a wasted pick. 

You took Zeke at 5 or Michael thomas??

Gurley falling to 3.5 is pretty crazy at this point.  

As drafted pretty strong.  If Zeke gets 0, super strong.  

Gordon was a wasted pick. 
Thanks.

Took Thomas at 1.5, Zeke at 2.8.  Really hoping to see his suspension reduced or an injunction push it off to next year.  As for Gordon, I hear ya....but in the 17th felt like a worthwhile dart toss what with guys like Treadwell being the best option available then.  Should know by the end of September is Gordon will win reinstatement.  Figure I can hold him at the end of my bench for the first 3/4 weeks...if it looks like no chance he's coming back, he'll be the first waiver wire casualty. 

Last draft for me. Had the 12th pick and rolled the dice that Zeke is going to fight the suspension the entire year.

QB - Rodgers (4), Tyrod (15)

RB - McCoy (1), Zeke (2), Jacquizz (9), Burkhead (10), Jeremy Hill (11), Hightower (20)

WR - Adams (3), Watkins (5), Diggs (6), Moncrief (8), Zay Jones (12), Golladay (13), Josh Gordon (18), JJ Nelson (19)

TE - Ebron (7), ASJ (16)

D - Carolina (17)

K - Tucker (14)

Last draft for me. Had the 12th pick and rolled the dice that Zeke is going to fight the suspension the entire year.

QB - Rodgers (4), Tyrod (15)

RB - McCoy (1), Zeke (2), Jacquizz (9), Burkhead (10), Jeremy Hill (11), Hightower (20)

WR - Adams (3), Watkins (5), Diggs (6), Moncrief (8), Zay Jones (12), Golladay (13), Josh Gordon (18), JJ Nelson (19)

TE - Ebron (7), ASJ (16)

D - Carolina (17)

K - Tucker (14)
I really like this team, except for tight end. If a good one hits the wire or pops up out of no where I would go strong after him.

5 spot

Winston, Eli

Zeke, Gurley, McFadden, Foreman, Mack, Smallwood, Cohen

Thomas, ARob, Parker, John Brown, Ardarius Stewart, Josh Gordon

Eifert, Sefarian-Jenkins, Max Williams

----

Got a bit carried away with RBs for a stretch hoping to hit gold on one to help with the Zeke situation.  Probably should have used one of those picks on a TE or another WR.  Still, was pumped to see Gurley in the third and Eifert in the fourth
:thumbup:

If Gurley and ARob return to 2015 form you might have something here.

Here is one.  I like the feel of this team.

Luck, Palmer

Gurley, Woodhead, Kelley, Jamal Williams, S. Vereen, J. Connor, L. Murray, E. McGuire

Julio, D. Thomas, T. Pryor, D. Parker, D. Moncrief

Ebron, Hooper

K.C, Buffalo,

Hopkins

Users who are viewing this thread