What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

One of three FBG teams (#1 seed)  The other two were in third place, but didn't make the cut for points, such as it goes.  Ironically, the one that got the 1 seed started the worst, and the one that started the best lost Elliot late, so was an uphill climb with injuries added.

My main event team that started 2nd overall completely tanked in the overall standings (102 now), but held on to get the sweep bonus in my league, so I still got a shot in that championship round. 

Not as good a year as last year as far as percentages, but there is still a chance to come out better from a :moneybag:  standpoint.

Good luck to all in the playoffs and in the championship rounds.  Da Gildz, you gotta bring home 5 1st place league finishes (ok maybe 4)  :thumbup:

Thanks but I'll sign for 2 haha.  Have some pretty tough matchups.  Had Zeke on 3/5 so it's a double edged sword.  Probably can't win the overall w/o him but also wouldn't have made the playoffs if not for him. Good for other champ rd teams I suppose.

Had Zeke and Cook in the Main but still finished as the 2. Happened to scoop up McKinnon the waiver before Cook went down.  Odd luck.  Now if only Lat Murray would go back to sucking , I'd appreciate it.  Oh and CJA to ride the bench.   Booker time? Need some lady luck, Wun time! 

Had a pretty solid year.  5 teams in playoffs.  4 of 5 in champ rds.  Including my only main team.  Was close to getting that 5th in the dance also.  Instead I get the 4 seed and have to play a top 20 OA team who went 11-0 in rd 1.  

GL to all   

Alvin Kamara for President.
Here to eat my crow. Good call on Kamara. 

I missed the playoffs due to points tie breaker in one and missed in the other. I would probably consider it the worst fantasy season I have had. My players were dropping like flies.... it was great. Last two years I have been super unlucky after a top 50 and top 100 finish...... maybe next year.

This will be my last year playing ffpc or any redraft for that matter. It's DFS from here on out. I already cut down to only one ffpc team this year. Losing Deshaun Watson was the last straw and my last hope. And once again I didn't get a high draft pick (I never do in this contest) and faced the Antonio Brown team in week 11 and got crushed. That team snuck into the playoffs ahead of me. Had the most points against as well for the season. I really hate this contest, mainly because I wish just once I was able to have Antonio Brown on a ffpc team. Thankfully in DFS, I can draft him every week if I want. Anyway good luck to those of you that made the playoffs. 

This will be my last year playing ffpc or any redraft for that matter. It's DFS from here on out. I already cut down to only one ffpc team this year. Losing Deshaun Watson was the last straw and my last hope. And once again I didn't get a high draft pick (I never do in this contest) and faced the Antonio Brown team in week 11 and got crushed. That team snuck into the playoffs ahead of me. Had the most points against as well for the season. I really hate this contest, mainly because I wish just once I was able to have Antonio Brown on a ffpc team. Thankfully in DFS, I can draft him every week if I want. Anyway good luck to those of you that made the playoffs. 
I haven’t had a top7 pick in 4 years now.....crazy luck. I’ll get one next year, draft brown and he will tear his acl..... lol

I haven’t had a top7 pick in 4 years now.....crazy luck. I’ll get one next year, draft brown and he will tear his acl..... lol
yes I have had dozens of teams and almost always get pick 8-12. This year it was not too bad to draft in that spot but its almost always better to draft 1-3 since there is no reverse serpentine. The top team in my league is of course the two spot who went Bell/Hunt/Hopkins/Ertz. An impossible outcome if you drafted at the end of round 1.

Almost every year, having the last pick is a measurable disadvantage.

One of three FBG teams (#1 seed)  The other two were in third place, but didn't make the cut for points, such as it goes.  Ironically, the one that got the 1 seed started the worst, and the one that started the best lost Elliot late, so was an uphill climb with injuries added.

My main event team that started 2nd overall completely tanked in the overall standings (102 now), but held on to get the sweep bonus in my league, so I still got a shot in that championship round. 

Not as good a year as last year as far as percentages, but there is still a chance to come out better from a :moneybag:  standpoint.

Good luck to all in the playoffs and in the championship rounds.  Da Gildz, you gotta bring home 5 1st place league finishes (ok maybe 4)  :thumbup:
Made the finals in both.  In the Main, got a combined 7.5 from my two RBs and 1WR thanks to Crabtree getting ejected and Hunt/Howard stinking it up, but still put up 150.  If only I had started Frank Gore and Jamaal Williams...  :P

My FBG team that made it started 0-3 and won the final 8 games to get the 1 seed.  Sometimes its better to be lucky than good. 

Congrats Caesar.

Got bounced in week 1 of the play offs. Couldn't overcome the low point total of ~20 from a combined Ingram, Dez, D Thomas & Maclin. With a total of 145, I still would have beaten the other 2 play off teams, but my opponent put up 170.

As far as draft slots go, FWIW, my team drafted 2nd and lost to the 8th pick. The other 2 teams drafted 5th and 12th. Of my 3 FBG leagues, this was the only one where the Antonio Brown owner missed the play offs.

Good luck to all of you next week and I'll see you in the championship round.

Congrats Caesar.

Got bounced in week 1 of the play offs. Couldn't overcome the low point total of ~20 from a combined Ingram, Dez, D Thomas & Maclin. With a total of 145, I still would have beaten the other 2 play off teams, but my opponent put up 170.

As far as draft slots go, FWIW, my team drafted 2nd and lost to the 8th pick. The other 2 teams drafted 5th and 12th. Of my 3 FBG leagues, this was the only one where the Antonio Brown owner missed the play offs.

Good luck to all of you next week and I'll see you in the championship round.
That is always a frustrating way to get bumped.  Part of me wishes they would go to the dynasty way of doing things week 1 of the playoffs, but no format is going to be perfect.

I drafted 4th in my main and 2nd in the FBG. 

At least you still got a shot at the big money.  I started out so slow in this league that I finished the regular season just above 3000th place, so I'm not sure if I have any real shot at the big prize, but I do like my team going forward, so if the matchups favor me, I got a chance.  Picking up Jamaal Williams might have been what gives me any kind of a chance if last week was not a fluke.  I may start him over Kareem Hunt in my main league and definitely over Doug Martin/Quiz in my FBG. 

Good luck in the champ round... 

Congrats fellas.   I got 4/5 through.  Lost the one vs the 11-0 monster.  No surprise. Too bad I liked that team's prospects.  Dam Vernon.  

Also got lucky in the Main winning with a clunker.   

Good luck to all.  I have 1 wish only. Please stay healthy Alvin.  Won time!

My main event winning lineup  Josh McCown, Jordan Howard, Jamaal Williams, Keenan Allen, Adam Thielen, Kareem Hunt, Ted Ginn, Zach Ertz, Greg Zuerlein. Miami Def.

Howard, Hunt, Ginn, and Ertz put up crap, though Ertz was hurt.  Left Agholor on the bench, but it didn't hurt me.  Crabtree on the bench comes back this week.  Sefarian-Jenkins is my b/u TE if Ertz can't go next week.  Hunt needs to get back to early form for me to make noise in Champ. round.  Another proof positive not to draft QB early.  In 13 weeks, I used 8 different QB: Big Ben, Dalton, Kizer, McCown, Tyrod, Brissett, Hoyer, and Cutler.  I had two weeks under 6 points and the rest were over 15.  PSA: Don't draft a QB early. 

FBG Winning lineup  Carson Wentz, Jamaal Williams, Leveon Bell, Robby Anderson, Golden Tate, Adam Thielen, Alshon Jeffrey, Charles Clay, Kaimi Fairbairn, Oak Def. 

Not much on the bench with this team.  Amari Cooper is about it.  As I stated, this team started 0-3 and won the final 10 games.  Pretty impressive, I think.  Major weakness at TE with OJ Howard my only other one.  I need a lot of luck to make any noise, but hoping for the best.

Congrats to all the other winners in here and good luck in your various final round runs. 

Congrats to everyone who cashed.  Won 2/5 leagues I got in.  2 others came in 2nd.  Also made the RT Championship with my only team.  Title game this week.  Overall a solid season.   Here's my best hope to poppin the bubbly:

QB: Ryan, Dalton

RB: Gurley, Fournette, Kamara, McCaffrey, Perine

WR: A Brown, Shepard, Doctson, Shuster, Corey Davis

TE: Henry, Olsen, James

K: Turner, Bailey 

Def: NO, Tenn, Cin

It's funny I targeted Matt Ryan in a few spots specifically for the champ rds and he's the 1 I'm most concerned about.   Unreal how average/bad this guy has been.  Hasn't even surpassed 23 pts in a game.  Not even once??!

Good luck to all!

Won Time!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats fellas.   I got 4/5 through.  Lost the one vs the 11-0 monster.  No surprise. Too bad I liked that team's prospects.  Dam Vernon.  

Also got lucky in the Main winning with a clunker.   

Good luck to all.  I have 1 wish only. Please stay healthy Alvin.  Won time!

Well that lasted 5 minutes.  

See u in 2018.  

Hey, one more week to go!

League play offs were a disappointment. Still, I do have a team in the Championship round that looks to be competitive (77th after week 15). Tightly packed standings. +/- 10 points would mean about +/- 35 spots in the standings for me. If only I didn't swap out Gould for Forbaith at the last minute   :doh:

Congrats to everyone winning $$ in their leagues.

Good luck in week 16 everyone!  Hopefully we can hear about some big winners in here.

GL Brun! Anything is possible.  My good one got crushed by the Antonio injury, then crushed by playing the wrong guys obviously.  Still in decent position to cash tho.  

Special thx to Matty Luke Warm. Only you could throw for 180 and a touch in the first half and end up with 212 and a touch for the game.  

SMH. 

GL Brun! Anything is possible.  My good one got crushed by the Antonio injury, then crushed by playing the wrong guys obviously.  Still in decent position to cash tho.  

Special thx to Matty Luke Warm. Only you could throw for 180 and a touch in the first half and end up with 212 and a touch for the game.  

SMH. 
Thanks.

Saw you had Brown in an earlier post. Sorry to see what happened. Got to be sore spot for you and any other owners. 

Yep lost 7+ quarters worth of Kamara/Brown.  Probably 30-40 pts missed out on.  May even be conservative.  Also lost Hunter Henry on that team for good measure. Oh well.  Gotta be lucky and healthy to even come close in this thing.  1 injury and it's toast city

Your team is solid.  Must have enjoyed that Ingram late td. Haha.   Dak vs Ben is a tough call this week.  May want to go contrarian in a few spots to have a legit chance.  Go big or go home. 

A little sour grapes here.  I commented about this in the survey and directly to ffpc.  Appreciate any input. 

I was number 1 seed.  I noticed the arrangement for playoffs was 1 seed plays winner of 4/5 and 2 seed plays winner of 3/6.  I commented that 1 seed should play the lowest seeded winner and not be assigned the winner of a specific game. 

As as it turned out 6 seed won and did 4 seed  I played 4 seed while 2 seed played the 6 seed   And of course I lost to 4 seed and I would have beat the 6 seed   

I would like to propose this change for next year.  The 1 seed earned the bye and right to play lowest seed.   

Any coments or input?  Is it too much work with so many leagues to manage this type of match up?

comgrats to all the winners 

Yep lost 7+ quarters worth of Kamara/Brown.  Probably 30-40 pts missed out on.  May even be conservative.  Also lost Hunter Henry on that team for good measure. Oh well.  Gotta be lucky and healthy to even come close in this thing.  1 injury and it's toast city

Your team is solid.  Must have enjoyed that Ingram late td. Haha.   Dak vs Ben is a tough call this week.  May want to go contrarian in a few spots to have a legit chance.  Go big or go home. 
The TD was a pleasant surprise. So much luck involved, good and bad. Gotta accept both. Looking forward to this weekend.

I like Monday night games so I will probably stay with Ben.

Well, it's done. Finished 83rd in the championship round. I could have moved up one money spot, from $1000 to $1500 if I had played Powell instead of Collins but that was never a consideration. $1k has me breaking even on this contest. All in all, I'm OK with how things ended.

MFL 10's aren't finalized yet, but it looks like a decent profit. My DFS bankroll shows a healthy profit as well. Of course I could lose it all in the playoff contests.

Hope you all had a great season and a Merry Christmas!

A little sour grapes here.  I commented about this in the survey and directly to ffpc.  Appreciate any input. 

I was number 1 seed.  I noticed the arrangement for playoffs was 1 seed plays winner of 4/5 and 2 seed plays winner of 3/6.  I commented that 1 seed should play the lowest seeded winner and not be assigned the winner of a specific game. 

As as it turned out 6 seed won and did 4 seed  I played 4 seed while 2 seed played the 6 seed   And of course I lost to 4 seed and I would have beat the 6 seed   

I would like to propose this change for next year.  The 1 seed earned the bye and right to play lowest seed.   

Any coments or input?  Is it too much work with so many leagues to manage this type of match up?

comgrats to all the winners 
Don't know which FFPC contest you're talking about. However, I agree it would make sense for the 1 seed to play the lowest surviving seed. FFPC certainly wouldn't reseed manually, but it's their software and it comes down to whether they think it's a big enough concern for enough of their players and then if they have the resources to make the change. Good luck!

Well, it's done. Finished 83rd in the championship round. I could have moved up one money spot, from $1000 to $1500 if I had played Powell instead of Collins but that was never a consideration. $1k has me breaking even on this contest. All in all, I'm OK with how things ended.

MFL 10's aren't finalized yet, but it looks like a decent profit. My DFS bankroll shows a healthy profit as well. Of course I could lose it all in the playoff contests.

Hope you all had a great season and a Merry Christmas!
Nice finish Brun.  Had just the 1 team that did anything.  Finished top 200.  2 others including Main flopped and the other FBG team finished just outside the free team range.  Some guy in the RT Championship won both 1st and 2nd.  With 802 teams in it.  Pretty crazy.  

Happy holidays to all. Now time to donate a couple teams to the playoff challenge. 

Da Gildz said:
Nice finish Brun.  Had just the 1 team that did anything.  Finished top 200.  2 others including Main flopped and the other FBG team finished just outside the free team range.  Some guy in the RT Championship won both 1st and 2nd.  With 802 teams in it.  Pretty crazy.  

Happy holidays to all. Now time to donate a couple teams to the playoff challenge. 
Amazing how quickly our luck can turn. The timing of your injuries sucked for sure, but still in the money. Good luck in the playoff challenge.

Congrats to you guys who finished in the money.  I was there until week 16 where all my teams decided to take a bye week.

It was a fun season. 

menobrown and myself finished 24th overall (was in 8th place coming into week 16 but we didn't own Gurley).

I never bothered to look at every team above us I have to wonder if we were the highest non Gurley team.

We were stacked at RB with Bell, Hunt, Ingram and Kamara had elite TE in Kelce and some really good WR's Adams, Jeffery, Gordon, Landry but wasn't enough.

Users who are viewing this thread