What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 New York Jets: Robby Anderson has been arrested in Florida for the second straight offseason. This is why we can't have nice things. (2 Viewers)

Well the Court was found to be at fault.  Everyone that called Anderson an idiot last night because of this is still probably right. Just keep this clown away from a car.

Christopher Johnson seems to be among the first speaking on the new anthem rule:
I do not like imposing any club-specific rules," Johnson told Newsday. "If somebody [on the Jets] takes a knee, that fine will be borne by the organization, by me, not the players. I never want to put restrictions on the speech of our players. Do I prefer that they stand? Of course. But I understand if they felt the need to protest...There will be no club fines or suspensions or any sort of repurcussions. If the team gets fined, that's just something I'll have to bear."

He explained voting for it:
I seriously struggled with this,” he said of the anthem modifications approved by the owners. “You know my position on the anthem, and you have to understand that the plan we ended up with, due to some serious work in the [meeting] room, was vastly less onerous than the one that was presented to me late last week. In the end, I felt I had to support it from a membership standpoint.”

eta link  https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/national-anthem-christopher-johnson-fines-1.18700702

Last edited by a moderator:
Or it may give some courage to follow suit.

It does say in the policy statement:"Each club may develop its own work rules, consistent with the above principles, regarding its personnel who do not stand and show respect for the flag and the anthem."

No Jets kneeled last season acc. to the article. 

If they wanted the courage to stand out that way they wouldn't have voted the policy in in the first place.  They wanted this issue to just go away and gave everyone an out - if you don't want to stand you don't have to, just stay in the locker room.  Now within hours you have one owner already going rogue and assuring players there will be no repercussions for doing exactly what they were trying to get rid of.  That's going to get everyone asking "why is he doing it that way and no one else is?" and just bring even more attention than they had yesterday.

Curious.  With Robbie seeming to skate away from big trouble (maybe he picks up two games), Enunwa back, and Pryor in the mix (along with Kearse), is anyone concerned about the lack of opportunities for Stewart and Hansen (our picks in 2017)?  Now, there is no way (in my mind), that Robbie/Pryor/Enunwa all play 16 games (for various reasons), but if they did (or Kearse fills in if only one is out), there is a chance we go into year 3 on these two without either hitting the field regularly.  The one good thing I can see is that if they are buried and Darnold is 2nd or 3rd QB on the chart for the majority of the year, they will have an opportunity to build a rapport with him.

Curious.  With Robbie seeming to skate away from big trouble (maybe he picks up two games), Enunwa back, and Pryor in the mix (along with Kearse), is anyone concerned about the lack of opportunities for Stewart and Hansen (our picks in 2017)?  Now, there is no way (in my mind), that Robbie/Pryor/Enunwa all play 16 games (for various reasons), but if they did (or Kearse fills in if only one is out), there is a chance we go into year 3 on these two without either hitting the field regularly.  The one good thing I can see is that if they are buried and Darnold is 2nd or 3rd QB on the chart for the majority of the year, they will have an opportunity to build a rapport with him.
If Stewart and Hansen show they are good enough to see playing time, then they will see playing time. That's not exactly a murderer's row ahead of them. Pryor is still a project at WR to some extent (I'm not quite sold on him), Enunwa has one pretty good season and not much else, Kearse is a decent veteran but nothing special. I do like your point about them building a rapport with Darnold working with the second/third team in practices and camp though.

Also we should probably move future conversations to the 2018 thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/765007-2018-new-york-jets-hackenberg-heading-to-the-black-hole-which-coincidently-is-also-the-nickname-for-his-football-iq/#comment-20858315

Users who are viewing this thread