What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 New York Jets: Robby Anderson has been arrested in Florida for the second straight offseason. This is why we can't have nice things. (3 Viewers)

Joe B absolutely killing Manish in an interview as we speak re Marone - and how he was responsible for the Jets not hiring him - also how Bowles stinks....it is awesome...still going on now but should be posted soon.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiddnets said:
Joe B absolutely killing Manish in an interview as we speak re Marone - and how he was responsible for the Jets not hiring him - also how Bowles stinks....it is awesome...still going on now but should be posted soon.  
Honestly - did anyone really want Marone at the time? I do agree that Bowles stinks though and I do hate Manish Metha.

I think their biggest screw-up was not waiting for Dan Quinn and the Seahawks to finish their season. That's who I wanted at least.

Honestly - did anyone really want Marone at the time? I do agree that Bowles stinks though and I do hate Manish Metha.

I think their biggest screw-up was not waiting for Dan Quinn and the Seahawks to finish their season. That's who I wanted at least.
I do think its revisionist history - but it is clear that Manish has an agenda and it has nothing to do with the Jets....while I wasnt excited for Marone he shouldnt have been torpedoed by a news reporter.  And Manish comparing Bowles to Marone is ridiculous.  

As for Quinn...while he is a local guy I dont think he was ever coming to the Jets when Falcons had a franchise QB in place.  

Gotta love Joe B - he goes overboard but hes the only one who displays the absolute pain and agony of being a Jets fan!  

Fully admit that i never wanted Marrone. I just sort of assumed that the media guys pulling for him were just a bunch of Syracuse Journalism school honks advocating for "their guy"

Speaking of Jets beat writers, I can't be the only one who wants to beat up Rich Cimini right? He just thinks he is SOOOOO clever with his little one liners at the end of each article. Plus his voice....

Morton fired.  Wanted him to stay.  Rumors are Haley or Bates taking over.  
As stated earlier in the month, Morton wasn't inept but he didn't wow me either. 

I don't like how Morton admitted to quitting during the Denver game. I also didn't like how the offense became utterly inept once McCown was lost for the season. I can pin a lot of that on Petty being awful but Morton should take some blame too.

I would prefer Bates to be promoted ONLY because he's already with the team. Nobody really knows if he can do the job. Haley has more experience. There would be more reasonable expectations with him.  

I do think its revisionist history - but it is clear that Manish has an agenda and it has nothing to do with the Jets....while I wasnt excited for Marone he shouldnt have been torpedoed by a news reporter.  And Manish comparing Bowles to Marone is ridiculous. 

I thought the Jaguars were going to be mediocre in 2015. The fact that is took until 2017 to rise about turd level surprised me a bit. The defense is loaded. Most coaches would have taken the 2017 Jaguars to the playoffs.

But, of course, I get it by now. Kiddnets, like Joe Benigno, actually secretly enjoys negativity. You can see it in this thread. The Giants' turds smell like freshly cut roses. Anything the Jets do obviously must be wrong.

So it will be 3 OCs in 3 years under Bowles. Yeah it’s their fault.

Apparently Morton wasn’t conservative enough for Bowles. 

I thought the Jaguars were going to be mediocre in 2015. The fact that is took until 2017 to rise about turd level surprised me a bit. The defense is loaded. Most coaches would have taken the 2017 Jaguars to the playoffs.

But, of course, I get it by now. Kiddnets, like Joe Benigno, actually secretly enjoys negativity. You can see it in this thread. The Giants' turds smell like freshly cut roses. Anything the Jets do obviously must be wrong.
Disagree on the jags. They needed those extra 2 years to load up and then they snagged some big Time free agents to fill the holes

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Jets QBs coach Jeremy Bates is a "strong candidate" to replace ex-OC John Morton.
May as well just stick in-house - likely one and done anyway.

Fariq said:

lol - trust me - as a season ticket holder since my dad would take me to Shea Stadium I do not secretly enjoy negativity....I just want to see a winner and the Jets not only don't win but agonize their fan base with teasing the fans, awful decisions and accepting mediocrity.  This is a franchise that hasn't been to the Super Bowl coming up on 50 yrs in a NY market.  Going on memory but I think we are talking about 4 home playoff games in 40 yrs and 2 division titles since the merger.....that is an abysmal record...throw in a litany of terrible defensive minded coaches....putrid drafting and striking out in free agency and there you go....everything the Jets do is obviously wrong because that has been the pattern the past 40+ yrs with a few outlier seasons followed by yrs of stank.  I am praying that they turn it around and Bowles leads them to a Super Bowl....but from what I see I just dont see it coming - with lots of picks and cash this is the offseason that will set them up for a post Pats dynasty run...it's critical and believe it or not im rooting for them.  

Show me honest to goodness progress - solid coaching (no give ups...kicking FG's when down a ton...no in game adjustments...no more we played hard_; solid drafts (more than 2 good 2d rd picks in 20 yrs) - Free Agent signings (Revis when done....mediocre over the hill players cashing in)....striking out on QB front for 40+ yrs since Namath.....I promise ill be way more positive- 40+ yrs of losing takes a toll.  

As for loving on the Giants - while far from perfect they are close to a top NFL franchise...they win and they don't accept mediocrity - when a coach looks like a turd they dump him instead of extending him because a 5 win season showed "progress".....the way the Jet season ended especially after the Denver debacle where they flat out quit there is no chance that coaching staff would be brought back....2 Super Bowls....many division titles....and they share the same stadium....if you can simply ignore them then I applaud you - I don't hate the Giants like the Pats or Fins..I envy them as I think its a well run franchise - 

Anyway - as for the OC - Morton lost it down the stretch- waiving the white flag in Denver was unforgivable....then keeping shackles on Petty....I'm ok with him getting shown the door....I'd rather bring in an outsider than promote Bates...need to bring someone in from a winning franchise and I would love someone with upside who could show enough to maybe be promoted to HC.....Flip from Eagles is my fave...I like Haley a lot...experience..offenses put up points...ties with Bowles....but outside whispers are concerning - rubs people the wrong way...bar fight....I'd go all in on Deflip but wouldnt be too upset with Haley....it's a big hire...we'll see.  

Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson has been arrested in Florida for the second straight offseason.

Andy Slater of WINZ reported that Anderson was arrested early on Friday morning in South Florida. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office has posted a long list of charges against Anderson.

Anderson is charged with resisting an officer, harming a public servant/family, eluding a law enforcement officer with sirens on, reckless driving and several other driving violations that include speeding and running a red light. No other details of the arrest are available at present.

Anderson was arrested last year and charged with resisting arrest and obstruction of justice after an incident at a concert. That case has not been resolved.

Anderson was the Jets’ leading receiver in 2017, catching 63 passes for 941 yards and seven touchdowns.
Oh, goodie.

lol - trust me - as a season ticket holder since my dad would take me to Shea Stadium I do not secretly enjoy negativity....I just want to see a winner and the Jets not only don't win but agonize their fan base with teasing the fans, awful decisions and accepting mediocrity.  This is a franchise that hasn't been to the Super Bowl coming up on 50 yrs in a NY market.  Going on memory but I think we are talking about 4 home playoff games in 40 yrs and 2 division titles since the merger.....that is an abysmal record...throw in a litany of terrible defensive minded coaches....putrid drafting and striking out in free agency and there you go....everything the Jets do is obviously wrong because that has been the pattern the past 40+ yrs with a few outlier seasons followed by yrs of stank.  I am praying that they turn it around and Bowles leads them to a Super Bowl....but from what I see I just dont see it coming - with lots of picks and cash this is the offseason that will set them up for a post Pats dynasty run...it's critical and believe it or not im rooting for them.  

Show me honest to goodness progress - solid coaching (no give ups...kicking FG's when down a ton...no in game adjustments...no more we played hard_; solid drafts (more than 2 good 2d rd picks in 20 yrs) - Free Agent signings (Revis when done....mediocre over the hill players cashing in)....striking out on QB front for 40+ yrs since Namath.....I promise ill be way more positive- 40+ yrs of losing takes a toll.  

As for loving on the Giants - while far from perfect they are close to a top NFL franchise...they win and they don't accept mediocrity - when a coach looks like a turd they dump him instead of extending him because a 5 win season showed "progress".....the way the Jet season ended especially after the Denver debacle where they flat out quit there is no chance that coaching staff would be brought back....2 Super Bowls....many division titles....and they share the same stadium....if you can simply ignore them then I applaud you - I don't hate the Giants like the Pats or Fins..I envy them as I think its a well run franchise - 

Anyway - as for the OC - Morton lost it down the stretch- waiving the white flag in Denver was unforgivable....then keeping shackles on Petty....I'm ok with him getting shown the door....I'd rather bring in an outsider than promote Bates...need to bring someone in from a winning franchise and I would love someone with upside who could show enough to maybe be promoted to HC.....Flip from Eagles is my fave...I like Haley a lot...experience..offenses put up points...ties with Bowles....but outside whispers are concerning - rubs people the wrong way...bar fight....I'd go all in on Deflip but wouldnt be too upset with Haley....it's a big hire...we'll see.  
Not to pile on your negativity, but you brought back memories of watching games at Shea Stadium. That was a miserable experience in the winter. Omg, it could be so cold up there especially with the wind. I saw their last game at Shea in 1983 when they got beat badly by Pittsburgh.  I saw a 3-0 loss to the Patriots on a freezing day where a flying lawnmower at halftime fell into the crowd and killed someone after the whipping wind brought it down. Yes, a flying lawnmower. It was some motorized airplane show aft halftime. Only the Jets would think a flying lawnmower would be a good idea.

Robbie Anderson should be cut. What a dope.

Has any more come out about what happened with Morton? Any confirmation he even had the option to go to Oakland? That's a bad hand if you turn down a job and then get fired from your original gig.

As for shea- I was a youngster but I was at the flying lawnmower game....crashed into the stands and killed a guy....

As for Anderson - can't say Im shocked - kid seems to have a serious attitude/issues....acts like an entitled top pick rather than a UFA....he should be doing everything he can to secure a new contract coming off a great year...now he's a danger and will have to take a much less on a prove it type deal.  His contract is dirt cheap for this year and can be restricted cheap next year so he's not going anywhere but he now can't be counted on.....If sheldon got one game for eluding police at 100 mph with a loaded gun, weed and a minor in the car I cant imagine him getting worse than that - even though what he said was ridiculous...also gotta love the jets featuring him in a dozen local ads begging for tickets during the playoff games which was insulting to begin with - Id laugh if it wasnt so pathetic!

As for Bates - I'd prefer Haley or Flip but read that they are high on Bates....he's young and McCown had a career season with him so I'll give him a chance....not sure if this tips their QB plans one way or another....

Anderson is a low life POS.

Awesome - Probably the biggest Find, and feather in Macc's cap so far and this guy is a POS.

I'm on board with shooting for Cousins but, i just read how thorough he is and will be in picking the perfect scenario if he leaves Wash. he wants Weapons, a run game, an OL and an OC he bonds with.......

LOL @ JETS.....   Yeah, pretty much exactly what he doesn't want - 1 WR coming off injury, the next WR abut to get suspended.... Weak OL.. 

So counting on Cousins being stupid enough to pick NY... Throw the media and fans in the mix... Seems like a pipe dream.

Jets promoted QBs coach Jeremy Bates to offensive coordinator.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports they are "expected" to promote Bates, which means it is going to happen. It is a quick turnaround for Bates, who spent several years out of the league after a rocky one-year stint as Seattle's coordinator in 2010. He clearly made an impression in his first year with the Jets, however, and reportedly "had a significant role" in game-planning under ex-OC John Morton. No matter how good of a coach he is, Bates' success will hinge on the Jets' ability to find a quarterback.
Cousins can bond with Bates for the one season he's the Jets' OC.

One step closer to potentially signing Cousins. I would be a happy camper. Use FA and the draft to bolster the team and we can compete for a playoff berth next season. Fix the oline and CBs, draft an edge rusher and RB.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/30/kirk-cousins-really-likes-one-thing-about-the-jets/

The Redskins quarterback raved about Jets new offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates in a WFAN interview on Tuesday. Bates worked under Mike Shanahan with the Broncos and later Shanahan drafted Cousins for the Redskins. Both call a similar variation of the West Coast offense.

“They are great football minds and I’ve been very fortunate to have one good coach after the other,” Cousins said from radio row in Minneapolis. “Jeremy Bates does come for that coaching tree, if you will.”

Finally some news to discuss....right after Cousins heaps praise on the new Jets OC he gets shown the door in DC....coincidence?  

This news has a 2 prong effect...both good for the Jets

1.  The non-Jets message boards are discounting the Jets....big mistake - they have $100M (I estimate $80M after signing draft picks and internal FAs Davis, ASJ, etc)....an OC that Cousins likes and 3 picks in the 1st 2 rds to build an offense around him.  While this team has a lousy record developing their own QBs they have a very good record with vet QBs signing here....Vinny, Fitz, McCown all had career years with this franchise.  There is a solid base - I'd say the offense last year was close to what he had in Washington...big market for him to be a star....not to mention possible hero for the rest of his life status - aka the Namath treatment - if he could ever win a Super Bowl here.  I think the signs are there....

AZ and Miami dont have the $....Cleveland is the Browns....Buffalo/Denver could have just enough but not enough to upgrade the team as well.  Min/Jax has internal options coming off very good seasons....I think the road leads to the Jets....They could pay him $30M per year and still have $50M to spend on the roster....closer look at this team screams for a big turnaround...while they had 5 wins if they had Cousins they likely would have won 8 with the same sub par roster....add $50M in talent and 3 top picks in 1st-2d rd and you can easily make a case for a playoff team.  I'd tell him they spend FA $ on OL and defense - then try to land Barkley to pair with him in the draft....if not trade down and get more OL help...

2.  If for some reason he doesnt pick the Jets odds are it would be Cleveland or Denver - both are in front of the Jets in the draft...that would be 1 more team not needing a QB and likely to either pass on a QB or trade down with the Jets giving them a chance to get one of the top 2 QBs instead of settling for scraps.  

This is an exciting development - ......really hoping this breaks their way.  

An arrest warrant has been issued for Robby Anderson stemming from a misdemeanor reckless driving charge in Florida.

The good news is this incident was previously known; Anderson had several felony charges thrown out in court after he was arrested in January. The only charge that stuck was misdemeanor reckless driving. The bad news is Anderson appears to have skipped his court date, which was scheduled for Tuesday. In a separate incident, Anderson is scheduled to go to trial for resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of justice in August. It would be a surprise at this point if Anderson did NOT open the 2018 season on at least a short suspension.

Link

An arrest warrant has been issued for Robby Anderson stemming from a misdemeanor reckless driving charge in Florida.

The good news is this incident was previously known; Anderson had several felony charges thrown out in court after he was arrested in January. The only charge that stuck was misdemeanor reckless driving. The bad news is Anderson appears to have skipped his court date, which was scheduled for Tuesday. In a separate incident, Anderson is scheduled to go to trial for resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of justice in August. It would be a surprise at this point if Anderson did NOT open the 2018 season on at least a short suspension.

Link
Idiot

His lawyer says they didn't get notice of the hearing he evidently missed. Not much Anderson could do if they didn't know a hearing was supposed to take place. Any notice would have been sent to his attorney, so if the lawyer says they didn't receive notice, the problem comes from the court's notification or (at worst) the law office's failure to advise Robby?

His lawyer says they didn't get notice of the hearing he evidently missed. Not much Anderson could do if they didn't know a hearing was supposed to take place. Any notice would have been sent to his attorney, so if the lawyer says they didn't receive notice, the problem comes from the court's notification or (at worst) the law office's failure to advise Robby?
I actually believe this can happen. It happened to me once, and I had a reputable lawyer. Five grand for a case. (My case got dismissed for no probable cause, in case anybody is wondering.) Regardless, I know it can happen. I'm not sure what Anderson's recourse is. It's not necessarily the fault of the firm that represents him, and they're usually on top of stuff like this. They (the firms) don't like missed appearances -- makes their cases tougher for their client as the judge comes in already pissed.

Too bad for Anderson.    

Users who are viewing this thread