What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Streaming Defenses (1 Viewer)

I didn't watch the Clev/Pitts game but the Browns D seemed to hold up well. 

Are the Browns a multiple week streamer with their upcoming schedule?

Sun, Sep 17@Ravens

Sun, Sep 24@Colts

Sun, Oct 1 vs Bengals

Sun, Oct 8 vs Jets

Sun, Oct 15 @Texans

Bengals -While I don't think the Hou OL will be as horrible as it was against Jax, they aren't good and I figure that Watson will run into a few sacks.  

I'm playing LIONS vs. NYG - DET looked good vs. Carson Palmer & Co. and with NYG's O-line so porous, I figure another strong performance is in order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating dumping newly-acquired Oakland for Jax. They had 10 sacks in week 1. That's bananas. Schedule is good like everyone says as well. Hmm. 

Yeah in one league in which I had Pit, I picked up JAX. That schedule is so juicy. One bad matchup all year (@PIT). Not sure I can hold Pit also though.

gradin123 said:
I didn't watch the Clev/Pitts game but the Browns D seemed to hold up well. 

Are the Browns a multiple week streamer with their upcoming schedule?

Sun, Sep 17@Ravens

Sun, Sep 24@Colts

Sun, Oct 1 vs Bengals

Sun, Oct 8 vs Jets

Sun, Oct 15 @Texans
Yeah i drafted the cardinals but grabbed cle for the next few weeks to stream then will drop around week 7. I normally don't hold two def need but the cards have such a nice back end of the schedule this pretty much locks up that position all year and can drop the browns once the bye weeks really start coming into play.

lot of common recommendations of OAK, Jax, and basically moving BAL from stream to season-long hold. 

If Jax is available, do you drop LAR for them? I know it was against the hapless Colts, but how did LAR look in the game (I wasn't able to watch)? 

You don't like them as a streaming D for this week?
No, I absolutely do. Unfortunately they were already drafted or picked up in all my leagues already. I assume that's likely the case for a number of others as well. so, going a rung down the ladder, i was thinking Jax as they're likely more available

Currently have Steelers but thinking Cincy this week. Really want to pick up Jax for following two weeks but struggling to fit two Ds onto roster. Partially tempted to just take them now and risk it against Tennessee this week 

Currently have Steelers but thinking Cincy this week. Really want to pick up Jax for following two weeks but struggling to fit two Ds onto roster. Partially tempted to just take them now and risk it against Tennessee this week 
Have same choice and going Cinci. Don't think Cinci D is that great, but short week, rookie QB, rookie QB with banged up ankle...tough to turn down.

Also, Bradford isn't a turnover machine and MN MAY have some offensive firepower now.

Good lord, the Jags really do have a ridiculously good schedule!

Have Carolina at the moment, might drop them for Oakland as their next two are NO and NE.

But now I want the Jags too, just not for this week.

Really don't like the idea of holding 2 defenses, but they do score a lot in this league. (Last week Rams scored 44, Jags 38)

Really don't like the idea of holding 2 defenses, but they do score a lot in this league. (Last week Rams scored 44, Jags 38)
Which begs the question; are the Rams a legit D as well or was week 1 more a product of Indy being awful?

Overthinking 101: Dropped Panthers for Raiders, cost me the game

Something I always seem to forget: A bad defense is still bad, even in a great match up.

Overthinking 101: Dropped Panthers for Raiders, cost me the game

Something I always seem to forget: A bad defense is still bad, even in a great match up.
In fairly standard defensive scoring, Carolina scored 11 and Oakland scored 10.

I wouldn't call that overthinking. Unfortunate maybe if you lost by a tiny margin. But I wouldn't say it was a bad choice.

I'm fairly standard defensive scoring, Carolina scored 11 and Oakland scored 10.

I wouldn't call that overthinking. Unfortunate maybe if you lost by a tiny margin. But I wouldn't say it was a bad choice.
Thanks that makes me a feel a little better lol, in my league Oakland scored 12 and Panthers 19.

Also had Jordy and Jordan Howard combine for .7 points. And lost by 3. Was just one of those weeks.

Definitely making me want to get out of the streaming game though. I'm no good at this.

Oakland got 17 in my league. Quite happy with that. Next on the Jet train is Miami. I also see Pitt on the WW. I'll see if any one grabs them. If I can't get Pitt, then I'll go Miami this week.

Oakland got 17 in my league. Quite happy with that. Next on the Jet train is Miami. I also see Pitt on the WW. I'll see if any one grabs them. If I can't get Pitt, then I'll go Miami this week.
Running with Miami this week, and likely holding them through Week 7 to pair with HOU. Miami faces the Jets on the road this week (a much better option than HOU @ NE, and they play the Jets again at home during HOU's bye week.

Combined schedule ain't terrific for Weeks 4 and 5, but some solid matchups the other 3 weeks.

@ NYJ (MIA)

vs TEN (HOU) or vs NO (MIA)

vs KC (HOU) or vs TEN (MIA)

vs CLE (HOU)

NYJ (MIA)

CLE looks like a decent play the next four weeks.  Thinking of dropping PIT for them although the Steelers against CHI this week....

Missed out on Miami but grabbed Philly instead. Was debating between them and GB but the Packers haven't been great so far and for some stupid reason, I think Cincy is due for a little bit of a renaissance with their new OC this week.

I rolled with the Bills + Raiders the first two weeks, and was all set to pickup the Fins. But after MNF, I couldn't resist the Eagles at home versus the G-men.

Thinking Eagles( NYG ), Jaguars (BAL), Buccaneers (@MIN)  or Patriots (HOU) out of what's available to me. 

Will Bradford be back for MIN ? 

Will Beckham be back in a larger role for NYG ? 

Can Jaguars bounce back after a bad week ? 

Someone actually claimed the Dolphins this week. But Steelers were left alone. Grabbed them for free. 

Looks like I was dead wrong about jax.  Lol.  They ruined menin week 2. Definitely not elite 

dropped them for Cleveland this week. Godspeed.  

NE for me in the leagues I don't have Baltimore. NE always beats us(Texans) down. Rookie QB on the road vs NE? Yes please.

I may try to roll with the Lions and Rams the rest of the way.  Pretty good schedule alignment.  The Lions matchup during weeks 14-15-16 (playoffs) looks good with the Bucs - Bears - Bengals. 

Dropped Jordan Matthews to add LAR @ SF (Miami still out there) to pair with JAX. figured I'd play LAR this week, and then have Jax for the Jets next week. 

Is Miami really a general consensus "must start" defense over better defenses with slightly worse matchups?

I may try to roll with the Lions and Rams the rest of the way.  Pretty good schedule alignment.  The Lions matchup during weeks 14-15-16 (playoffs) looks good with the Bucs - Bears - Bengals. 
I don't know if I would consider the Bucs O a good matchup for a D. Maybe if Winston makes mistakes.

Bucs D was where I went this week. Everything coming out about Bradford is bad and Keenum was bad bad bad. Bucs will eat him alive like they did Glennon

I don't know if I would consider the Bucs O a good matchup for a D. Maybe if Winston makes mistakes.
That is a fair point.  I was looking at the stats and they were last in total yards.  Completely forgot they did not play week 1. 

Streaming DET for me worked last week, I picked up CLE a few weeks ago and will be rolling with them for the next few weeks.

Balt and NE are two of the highest scoring D's this year. Nice you all are able to find them on the FA list.

Miami has scored 3 points total in two games, Cleveland has 11 total...hard to know what to roll with here. Detroit, Jax, Tampa, Dallas, GB, SF, Oak (waivers) all available too.

Balt and NE are two of the highest scoring D's this year. Nice you all are able to find them on the FA list.

Miami has scored 3 points total in two games, Cleveland has 11 total...hard to know what to roll with here. Detroit, Jax, Tampa, Dallas, GB, SF, Oak (waivers) all available too.
Miami only played one game this year.

NE has a total of 3 points for 2 games.....They are bottom 30 right now. Makes perfect sense why they are on waivers.

NE has a total of 3 points for 2 games.....They are bottom 30 right now. Makes perfect sense why they are on waivers.
I confused NE Def with someone else...it would certainly makes sense if they were on the WW. My bad...brain is tired I think.

Copy this here, I posted it in waiver wire thread -

Cleveland Defense

Getting Garrett back, next 4 weeks:

Indy, Cincy, NYJ, Houston.   :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread