What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 US OPEN - Erin Hills (1 Viewer)

tommyGunZ said:
Worst leaderboard ever.  
:lmao:  inevitably as with just about every event in this Golden Era of the game, 3 of the huge group of young studs are at the top of the leaderboard.

JT  :shock: . How do you get a club that long to hit that soft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't see a putt with a significant break yet.
You're such a negative little #####. Fowler had to chip off of the green because a putt had so much break. 

I swear I've never read a comment of yours that wasn't some whiny complaint. In any topic. 

JT has not finished yet in a big one obviously. I think he learned some from his early 3-bagger but he's going to sleep very little.

You're such a negative little #####. Fowler had to chip off of the green because a putt had so much break. 

I swear I've never read a comment of yours that wasn't some whiny complaint. In any topic. 
  :bowtie:      :thumbup:

This is the greatest Open evah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully 80% of the field will not wear the same color shirts tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick trip report for anyone that cares.

Went Friday with my 17 yo daughter.  Opted to park at private residence. Went smoothly. Got in around 10 am.

About a 10 minute walk from erin school to the course.  All of the usual extras for a major event.  Got a picture taken with the trophy,  hit the merchandise tent, grabbed a radio, etc.

Walked around a bit and decided to sit by 9 green. Best decision of the day. Not alot of people, great breeze, and great view of a fun hole. Lots of misses to the right. Very deep bunker back left. Tough, fast green.

Daughter wanted to follow Spieth.  Headed over to 1 green. Followed Spieth for 3 holes and decided to get back and sit at 9 again to wait for fowler,  etc. Watched for another couple hours and headed out.

Walked my ### into the ground.  So hot, and so many people.  Every concession stand 30 deep, minimum. Very pricey which I expected.  

Erin school district really dropped the ball in terms of fundraising.  Should have been selling water at pickup / dropoff area.  Could have made thousands of dollars.  Thousands. 

Polite crowd,  good people.  Not alot of ##### bags.

Only shtick we ran was a very delayed "ohhhhh" after a bad shot.

Overall very great experience,  albeit hot and pricey which we knew going in.

I know a lot of people are complaining about how "easy" the course is. What was it 6 of the top 10 players in the world didn't make the cut? My theory is that the course definitely penalizes the more aggressive players. If you take what the course gives you, you will succeed. 

This is a great tourney.  The conditions are making it easier than it would be if there were a lot of wind and it was completely dried out.  It is what it is on that, I'm still entertained.

Lots of guys in striking distance tomorrow, should be a great Sunday of golf.

Also like the way the course looks on TV.  

I'll be spending the afternoon watching.  If I see dudes reaching the green from the rough, balls spinning back on greens, and greens slower than 13 I'm going to be super pissed at you all. 

It's windy at Erin Hills right now, consistent 15-18 mph.  It rained a little in the evening, but not a lot.  The sun and wind should firm up the greens.  Forecast says it should be 15-18 mph wind all day.

A lot of talent and potential at the top, but no doubt major-less Fowler is the favorite.  Would really love to see it (and the pole vault broad frolicking about.)

Like clockwork, Johnny Miller goes Johnny Miller: 

"Taking nothing away from nine under par. Nine under is incredible with U.S. Open pressure. But it isn't a U.S. Open course that I'm familiar with the way it was set up. It looks like a PGA Tour event course setup. I'm not sure where the days of the 24- to 29-yard-wide fairways that we played every time went. It's interesting to see where the USGA has gone with the U.S. Open, being a little more friendly than in years' past." Miller defended his 63 at Oakmont by saying that it was in the final round and it helped him win by one. He also added that "Erin Hills isn't exactly Oakmont." "The course wasn't designed to be soft, and if it was going to be soft, it should have been 26- or 27-yard-wide fairways," Miller said. "It was never that way in the U.S. Open. It was always about really tight fairways and having to be a great driver. This went totally against the tradition of the U.S. Open." "A 63 for a par 72 is a heck of a score," Miller said. "Even if it was the Milwaukee Open."

zip it Uncle Rico. 

Like clockwork, Johnny Miller goes Johnny Miller: 
His timing is not great but I agree with him. It's been a fun tournament so far with the leaders bunched at the top but it doesn't feel like a US Open. hopefully the wind changes that today.

I like Harman to close it out today. He looked so in control yesterday, everything was working. I know saturday<>sunday but he's won recently and has the pedigree. Rickie second. Koepka fades.

The course was defenseless with all the rain and lack of wind.  The USGA did not need to gift these guys stuff like a 300 yard par 4 where a shot from a 3 wood funnels back to the hole rather than rolling through into some serious junk. However, Johnny Miller didn't need to say it.  Sounds like sour grapes coming from him.  I think everyone knows that was unusual for a US Open.  At least today people should get to enjoy the schadenfreude they usually get from the carnage at a US open. 

Users who are viewing this thread