What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The absurdity of this Lebron news is mind-boggling:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2800231-lebron-james-lonzo-ball-lakers-beat-stephen-curry-warriors-in-preseason-clash

It is mother f'ing pre-season!! It is my own dumb ### fault for getting suckered into the clickbait, but is someone really getting paid to hype the Lakers and their pre-season games? I can't think of another sport where this happens, why is basketball so silly?
yes.

how many other people like you clicked on the link?  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2800231-lebron-james-lonzo-ball-lakers-beat-stephen-curry-warriors-in-preseason-clash

It is mother f'ing pre-season!! It is my own dumb ### fault for getting suckered into the clickbait, but is someone really getting paid to hype the Lakers and their pre-season games? I can't think of another sport where this happens, why is basketball so silly?
It's just a preseason gamer, GB. Here's one about the Sixers if it'll make you feel better.

“5 dead and Thibs missing at Minnesota trust camp as Jimmy Butler shows up”

”Karl Anthony Towns starting to panic as shotgun bullets just bounce off Jimmy Butler”

”Thibs regretting not keeping cardio up as he sprints through woods”

”Minnesota owner pets white cat as details of trust camp start to roll in”

Shams Charania‏ @ShamsCharania

Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler called a players-only meeting today, airing his feelings toward situation and management, per league sources. Butler expressed to players he would compete with them, as signs pointing to him staying with the franchise into the regular season.

2:35 PM - 11 Oct 2018

@tommyGunZ - looks like Lonzo's shortened up his delivery a tad. Still a weird motion but not as weird as it was. Also bulked up a bit. That drive to the hoop where he knocked Klay back a bit and finished was nice to see - he'd have ended up on the floor if he tried that last year.

I think Ingram is going to have a big year, probably the last season you'll be able to get him "cheap" in fantasy (unless this prognosis is already baked into his price).

Beasley has shown more than Stephenson so far this year - looks like Beasley is trying to fit in, Stephenson is doing whatever the heck he feels like at the moment. Been pleasantly surprised with Rondo and McGee.

The Lakers should be fun to watch, they're really going to amp up the pace.

Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania 55s55 seconds ago

More

Shams Charania Retweeted Shams Charania

Sources on @TheAthleticNBA @WatchStadium: Several players spoke up in players-only meeting, but Butler led it, made known his issues with management. His message was similar to one he displayed Wednesday: I run this. He's far too competitive to sit real games.

Shams Charania‏ @ShamsCharania

Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler called a players-only meeting today, airing his feelings toward situation and management, per league sources. Butler expressed to players he would compete with them, as signs pointing to him staying with the franchise into the regular season.

2:35 PM - 11 Oct 2018
How many more unwritten rules of the NBA will Jimmy Butler violate?  First he throws his teammates under the bus due to a dispute with management, now he's preempting the annual tradition of the Wizards having the first players-only meeting of the season.

When Butler has a problem with "management", who is that, exactly?  Apparently he still gets along and respects Thibs.  Layden works for Thibs, right?  The real issue is Butler doesn't respect KAT and Wiggins and that's compounded by their salaries.

When Butler has a problem with "management", who is that, exactly?  Apparently he still gets along and respects Thibs.  Layden works for Thibs, right?  The real issue is Butler doesn't respect KAT and Wiggins and that's compounded by their salaries.
Its with the GM (and/or owner) who won't give him a max deal extension. KAT and Wiggins being soft non-competitors (in Butler's mind) and having max deals is salt in the wound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eventually Butler gets traded and moves on.  I'm most fascinated by how this affects KAT and Wiggins going forward and how they respond.  I can't imagine what guys like Draymond and Embiid are going to be saying to KAT when they play against him. 

Eventually Butler gets traded and moves on.  I'm most fascinated by how this affects KAT and Wiggins going forward and how they respond.  I can't imagine what guys like Draymond and Embiid are going to be saying to KAT when they play against him. 
I can't imagine that shipping Butler out for being too competitive is going to light a motivational fire under a couple of kids who already have their Max contracts.  Seems more like it would be validation for them to keep doing what they're doing. 

Seems I got some bad information - that's what you get for trusting sports talk radio.

This is also why I suck at fantasy basketball - I basically know #### about the NBA beyond the Lakers and the fact that Giannis is the man.

If it wasn't for this thread I'd think Hernangomez was actually two different people.

;)

Seems I got some bad information - that's what you get for trusting sports talk radio.

This is also why I suck at fantasy basketball - I basically know #### about the NBA beyond the Lakers and the fact that Giannis is the man.

If it wasn't for this thread I'd think Hernangomez was actually two different people.

;)
I thought his name was Herman Gomez and someone was just typing from their phone.

modogg said:

And people have been complaining about Warriors fans/bandwagon fans. The Lakers won a pre-season game pretty much every Lakers fan not in this thread has been ANNOYING as hell.

Pelicans regulars playing regular minutes losing to Toronto by 3 at the half with something like the Raptors top 8 sitting this one out.  

Anthony Davis trade watch is going to kick in about two weeks into the season, if not sooner.  And I think it might just align well with a surprising Celtics lull to start the season.  

NBA on ESPN‏Verified account @ESPNNBA  8h8 hours ago

Jimmy Butler confirmed to @Rachel__Nichols that he held a players-only meeting with Timberwolves players on Thursday, a day after he reported to the team for his first practice.

Steve Kerr was quite emotional talking about Tex Winter. He said Winter saved his NBA career. Kerr had barely played in a five year career, had been non-tendered by Orlando, and not a single team had made an offer. Winter pushed and prodded Phil Jackson and Jerry Krause into signing him. 

Kerr played in eighty-two games for the next four years, and lasted another ten years total in the NBA.

For some reason this didn't occur to me until I read the daily Tom Ziller email this morning- if Butler thinks KAT and Wiggins have attitude issues, how are things gonna work out with Hassan Whiteside and Dion Waiters?

For some reason this didn't occur to me until I read the daily Tom Ziller email this morning- if Butler thinks KAT and Wiggins have attitude issues, how are things gonna work out with Hassan Whiteside and Dion Waiters?
Riley can build the team around Jimmy and a lot of their current players won't be around in a few years.  KAT and Wiggins aren't going anywhere.

I'm not saying it would work, but I can see a difference.

Riley can build the team around Jimmy and a lot of their current players won't be around in a few years.  KAT and Wiggins aren't going anywhere.

I'm not saying it would work, but I can see a difference.
Fair point.  On the other hand, Butler is 29. After the next two seasons (Whiteside and Waiters signed for both) he'll pretty clearly be on the downside of his career. I guess he'll still have another season or two of being an all-star caliber player, though.

modogg said:

LeBron was never going to Philly, wasn’t ever a serious thought for him. Get over it already.

LeBron was never going to Philly, wasn’t ever a serious thought for him. Get over it already.
:lmao:  you Celtics' fans are so cute. Weird, but still able to give us other fanbases a little smile from time to time

That rookie Cook on the Warriors looked pretty good these last two games. Also thrilled to see Damian Jones seems to have become a useful player this year after I tried to make him my "steal of the draft" in WIS last year. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread