What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-2019 NBA DFS (1 Viewer)

Bamba 46% owned on a 12 game slate.  Wow.

Anyone playing NBA dfs anymore?
I'm still playing 2-3 nights a week just not well enough to post about, lol.

Been a rough go for me so far cashing only about 20% of the time. It seems I always have one big dud in my lineup or miss the cheap guy owned at 40%+ that goes off for 8x+.

I've tried a few times this year.  Not convinced people actually make money playing NBA dfs ;) I think in 2 years I am probably about 2 for 40 for cashing lus. 

Big Clutch night tonight.  Anyone have any tips?

And a big FU to FD for not having the tickets released yet.
As mentioned above I've had little success this year but will give my thoughts. Also, I've only been playing on DK lately but may reload FD.

He will be Uber chalk but think you have to play Harden on a 2 game slate even on a back to back.  Dallas is where I would look to get my other core guys and if Smith sits again Barea or Brunson are cheap flyers. Barnes should kill it here as well as Doncic.

If Lwill is out Beverly is another cheap option as is Tucker. Mia is a mess right now and don't think I'd use anyone other than Wade and maybe Olynik if you need the savings.

Put this together for FD

Brunson Beverly

Harden Gordon

Barnes Gallinari

Harris Tucker

Jordan

@BassNBrew do you have all your tickets at this point?  I only have about half and all those emails came through at the same time.  

never mind, i just got another entry while looking at my upcoming contests.  they're still filtering in it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mia is a mess right now and don't think I'd use anyone other than Wade and maybe Olynik if you need the savings.
As far as the Clutch goes, Miami, being rather unpredictable (with a few players Q right now), could also be the very key to winning a significant prize.  BnB should be able to do a nice job of mining different Mia combos around his base (while also making many lineups light on Miami).  I'll tinker a little with this idea but only have 17 entries and I'm sure I'll find some other avenues I want to explore also.

I got some of these tickets and suck at NBA daily lineups. Since I have so many I built mostly with Harden and Jordan, but made sure I faded them as well.  Really don't know enough to know who are must plays and who are risky plays.  I can check game logs, but I have way less knowledge here than NFL.

Was looking forward to DeAndre @ LAC....guess he's worth a shot in a lineup or two (or 10 if I had 122 tickets lol).

Bobcat10 said:
Was looking forward to DeAndre @ LAC....guess he's worth a shot in a lineup or two (or 10 if I had 122 tickets lol).
I went heavier than that.

Finished the last lineup with 31 seconds to spare.  Would of been done with 10 minutes but had to clear out the 10 Winslow lineups and I had 5 duplicates that I had to change.  No idea if I made those unique.  

Way too many lineups to come up with much strategy.  Started with 30 lineups fading Harden.  Then pounded out 20 without Paul.  Was about a 1/3 x 3 on the centers so detoured for some Gortat and Nane darts.  Spent the next bit working my value plays, then moved on to studs and 2 scrubs.  Messed around with a few lineups hoping for an OT game.  From there I had 30 left and was just pulling up earlier lineups and changing one or two players.  No real idea what I'm rooting for tonight.

I didn't have as much time to put into this today as I had planned.  Taking the kid downtown to the Clinic took up all afternoon.  But, it was still fun feeling like I was maxing entries in a tournament.  That was only 17 too...I can't imagine 100+.  I'd be a small slate whale if this was my job, not a little hobby.

$541.68 is my entry total.  Contest didn't fill, came about 10000 short.  $668k collected with $600k out so looking at 90% return rate before counting dead lineups (there will be a lot as people had won tickets months ago).  21.8% of my 122 should cash for $7 so I looking at $186 there.  Enough of those should cash for $8-$10 so I'm looking at $200 being the expect result. 

I went heavier than that.

Finished the last lineup with 31 seconds to spare.  Would of been done with 10 minutes but had to clear out the 10 Winslow lineups and I had 5 duplicates that I had to change.  No idea if I made those unique.  

Way too many lineups to come up with much strategy.  Started with 30 lineups fading Harden.  Then pounded out 20 without Paul.  Was about a 1/3 x 3 on the centers so detoured for some Gortat and Nane darts.  Spent the next bit working my value plays, then moved on to studs and 2 scrubs.  Messed around with a few lineups hoping for an OT game.  From there I had 30 left and was just pulling up earlier lineups and changing one or two players.  No real idea what I'm rooting for tonight.
Ya I just threw out 10 because 10% came to mind first, but I have no idea how to scale what you did compared to me.  I probably would have ended up with more than 10 Jordan lineups also because he was $800 cheaper than Whiteside, and that would have allowed some additional differentiation at PG, SG, PF - where a couple hundred dollars meant something with the filler players.

SF was a wasteland as usual.  I only have 2 Barnes fades (and 2 Harden fades for comparison).  

I'd like to have gone with more than 5 Paul fades, but didn't have time to work him out of a few more.

Ended up very heavy on Powell and Barnes...with some nice sprinkles of Finney-Smith and Matthews in some spots.  Played this pretty much like Jordan isn't playing hoping these guys get bumps.

Looks like about 3% dead lineups, or 4500 total, if I'm thinking about this correctly.  Did you think more?

And Paul ####s me again.  Happen once before where I would have won a gap if he didn't get injured.  Well at least 60% of the field has him.

And Paul ####s me again.  Happen once before where I would have won a gap if he didn't get injured.  Well at least 60% of the field has him.
He got hurt?  I missed a chunk.  What a turd....he's one of the last names I'll plug in on a larger slate.

I'd like to have gone with more than 5 Paul fades, but didn't have time to work him out of a few more.
:mellow:

At least I have 30% without him I guess.

Chris Paul (hamstring) went to the locker room in the second quarter on Thursday and will not return.

That's not good as Paul limped to the bench just before going to the locker room. He looked to be grabbing his left hammy, which is the hamstring that kept him out last month. He had a right hammy issue in the playoffs last year, and he's dealt with a few hammy strains in his career. He's probably looking at time off here. The Rockets will have to call on Eric Gordon, Danuel House, Gerald Green and perhaps Brandon Knight more. Gary Clark and/or Michael Carter-Williams would likely enter the rotation, but there really isn't a strong pickup to make here yet -- unless Gordon is available in a shallow league. Looking ahead, the chances of the Rockets playing CP3 in a back-to-back set again are very slim.

DeAndre Jordan (illness) will play vs. the Clippers on Thursday night.

He wasn't around for shootaround, but he'll be out there for a revenge game. Coach Doc Rivers said he wants to see Jordan's jersey retied as a Clipper, and it'll be interesting to see what happens here with the crowd. He should be good to go for season-long lineups.

Lou Williams (hamstring) will play Thursday against the Mavs.

This is a big surprise with Williams expected to be out until around Christmas. He is expected to be around 20-25 minutes after missing the last week, which will take Tyrone Wallace out of the rotation. Avery Bradley and Patrick Beverley should also take a hit.

Ended up at 34% Jordan which might be good.  Only 8 Lou Williams lineups, all 8 had Paul.  Not sure he'll play big minutes.  He'll knock down the output of others though.

Ended up at 34% Jordan which might be good.  Only 8 Lou Williams lineups, all 8 had Paul.  Not sure he'll play big minutes.  He'll knock down the output of others though.
Will be interesting to see his final percent. Would have easily been my top center if not for the news today. 

Both my Jordan's are with Paul.  That's just how it goes usually.

Will Paul going down hurt the people that take 7-8 players from the early game more or less than others, or is it indifferent?  

Will Paul going down hurt the people that take 7-8 players from the early game more or less than others, or is it indifferent?  
On FD isn't it most likely his score will be dropped if you used him? Would hurt stars and scrubs lineups the worst as some scrubs could score less and make Paul's total countable.

The first game loaded lineups ranged from 263 to 274.  No winners there.

I'm referring to the field, not me.

On FD isn't it most likely his score will be dropped if you used him? Would hurt stars and scrubs lineups the worst as some scrubs could score less and make Paul's total countable.
Dropped or not he’s 8500 of the cap for 0 or 9 points. I just wasn’t sure if it hurt the people that play 8 players from the early game more than the other Paul owners. 

75 in 22 out so far. Hasn’t been higher than that all night. Hoping to get a few more in with my 5 missing cut but above 190.

Users who are viewing this thread