What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NHL Thread: Cappy is happy while the rest of us pray to the ping pong gods for Tuesday night (4 Viewers)

If anyone wants to sweat with me over these last two nights, here's the situation in my total points pool.

1st place - NV - 4,815 pts

2nd place - SENSationals - 4,764 points - 3rd is distant.

This pool is $50 entry and $5/transaction, 15 teams. 1st place wins $1386, 2nd place $577.50 - I'm about $200 in with the fee and 30ish transactions.

I'm close to maxed out at most positions, he has GP left on. Most guys average around 4 fantasy points per game, best guys average 6, a good night one guy can get 10+ or even 20+ (Pastrnak's 5 point effort the other night).

So I'm +51 points with this left

• FRI  -Bobrovsky
  • SAT - Bobrovsky
  • Larkin
  • Marchand
  • DeBrusk
  • Pastrnak
  • Nurse 
  • Pulock
  • CMiller (or Muzzin or Schultz)
  • Svechnikov (rookie spot)
He has to gain 51 on me with

• FRI JCampbell
  • Toews
  • Jenner
  • SJones
  • SAT Andersen
  • Lehner (maybe McElhinney) 
  • Toews
  • Barkov
  • Tkachuk
  • RSmith
  • Kucherov
  • Stone
  • Trouba
  • SJones
  • Weber
  • Chabot
  • Lindblom (rookie)
So he has 17 guys, I have 10, I should still have the advantage, if we average out at 5 points each... but I've convinced myself he's going to pass me.
I won this. He pulled with 14 points in the 7 PM games Saturday night. In the late games, he had Stone/RSmith/Trouba against my Nurse, so it was pretty close to 50/50. Until Vegas held out Stone and Smith because the game was meaningless. Pretty crappy way for him to lose, but he should have been aware that might happen. I put Schultz in over CMiller in my Saturday lineup because I was afraid of the same thing happening..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread