What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (3 Viewers)

Dom Lusczyzczyszczsn of The Athletic has this to say about the Bolts -

6. I think this Tampa Bay team might be even better than last year’s version (that argument might deserve its own full article), one that looks to be one of the most complete teams in the salary cap era – committed to a complete 200-foot game and elite in both ends. The Lightning aren’t invincible, but they would be heavy favorites in a seven-game series against anyone according to my model. Only two teams would hold the Lightning’s chances below 65 percent: Boston and Pittsburgh. Against an average team, they would be 83 percent favorites.

That’s usually way too certain for a game as random as hockey, but this Tampa Bay team is a different breed and we’re in uncharted territory now. Still, it’s not 100 percent either and last year’s Lightning team, which had a 75 percent of beating Columbus in the first round showed that. No matter how automatic the team has looked in 2020, there are no guarantees in hockey. Now they know that, and that’s likely the biggest reason to fear the Lightning this year.

6. I think this Tampa Bay team might be even better than last year’s version (that argument might deserve its own full article), one that looks to be one of the most complete teams in the salary cap era – committed to a complete 200-foot game and elite in both ends. The Lightning aren’t invincible, but they would be heavy favorites in a seven-game series against anyone according to my model. Only two teams would hold the Lightning’s chances below 65 percent: Boston and Pittsburgh. Against an average team, they would be 83 percent favorites.

That’s usually way too certain for a game as random as hockey, but this Tampa Bay team is a different breed and we’re in uncharted territory now. Still, it’s not 100 percent either and last year’s Lightning team, which had a 75 percent of beating Columbus in the first round showed that. No matter how automatic the team has looked in 2020, there are no guarantees in hockey. Now they know that, and that’s likely the biggest reason to fear the Lightning this year.
can't win with Vassy

Look man I can’t go through this again. I’m too old to be as sad as I was last year. That #### hurt my heart. 

Look man I can’t go through this again. I’m too old to be as sad as I was last year. That #### hurt my heart. 
Just install a speaker in every helmet and have someone upstairs talking in their ear during the game. Can advise when they are about to get hit or when someone is cutting back door for a tap in. Nobody will know. 😉

Could hire the ex Astros to be the eyes in the sky.

Just install a speaker in every helmet and have someone upstairs talking in their ear during the game. Can advise when they are about to get hit or when someone is cutting back door for a tap in. Nobody will know. 😉

Could hire the ex Astros to be the eyes in the sky.
This could work!

@DarrenDreger: Namestnikov not dressing for the Senators tonight.  Don’t believe a deal is done, but this is asset management.

Looks like Kase to Bruins for #1, backes and Axel Anderson.

I love Kase, but he's always hurt and has not been the same player at all this year. 

pretty low price to include what's left of Backes and an actual dead guy in the trade
Axel Adnersson

Skilled defenseman who skates well. Has interesting offensive upside, with very good passing skills and the ability to lead the rush. Strong puck mover and plays well on the man advantage. (EP 2018)

Darren Dreger

@DarrenDreger

·

13m

Tough day at the office, but pending completion of trade call, Vegas is Trading Winnipeger, Cody Eakin to the

@NHLJets

. Confirmed!

Since the start of the 2016-17 season, Igor Shesterkin has earned a win in 104 of his 129 appearances in the NHL, AHL, and KHL. He has earned a win in 25 of his 33 decisions between the NHL and AHL this season and has earned at least one point in 28 of those 33 decisions. #NYR

The guy is going to carry them into the playoffs. Hank was a healthy scratch tonight. 

He’s great and everything but I’m not looking forward to the next 15 years of continually forgetting where that second “s” is in his name. 

David Ayres, the Marlies ZAMBONI DRIVER, and emergency goalie from Whitby, huge Leafs fan, going in as Carolina’s emergency goalie against the Leafs in a HUGE game of playoff importance. With half the game to go!

So, what's the protocol to renaming NHL awards?  Vezina is going to have to be the Shesterkin here pretty soon, no?

I only saw the 3rd period, but Pens/Caps had a playoff game-atmosphere, IMO.  The playoffs cannot come soon enough. 

Habs are retaining 50% salary which leads to this

@DimFilipovic: Ilya Kovalchuk is currently taking up cap space on 4 different NHL teams

Users who are viewing this thread