What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (5 Viewers)

@SWhyno: Flames-Stars that started at 5:30 EDT ended before Blue Jackets-Lightning that started at 3 Eastern. #Flames lead series 1-0.

@Zeisberger: Korpisalo has now set the record for most saves in a playoff game. Eclipses the previous mark of 73 by Kelly Hrudey.

#lightning #CBJ

Just started watching at the start of ot4. Its like tb has been on a pp the entire period . So, pf course Columbus will score on their one chance.

It's amazing that for a 5 OT playoff game during a pandemic with no fans in attendance, the lasting image to me will be that dude being left alone by his teammates to drag his arm along the entire length of the ice. 

🤣

I jumped up and yelled YES and did a victory lap around the inside of my house. I’m 42 with a house and a kid and I like, own stuff. Feels good man. 
These are so exhausting when you have a team you are rooting for.   Was so relieved when Sykora scored when the Ducks played the Stars in one of these.  I think it's 5th now

These are so exhausting when you have a team you are rooting for.   Was so relieved when Sykora scored when the Ducks played the Stars in one of these.  I think it's 5th now
That was exhilarating and miserable. How are there at least 3 more games and likely more against these dudes. Christ. 

I jumped up and yelled YES and did a victory lap around the inside of my house. I’m a grown adult. Feels good. 
As a fan with a stake in this, let me ask you...do you think you would have felt more/less/the same level of nerves, tension, desperation, etc if this exact game was played under normal conditions?

As a fan with a stake in this, let me ask you...do you think you would have felt more/less/the same level of nerves, tension, desperation, etc if this exact game was played under normal conditions?
We were talking about that. Part of me has said well if they lose this year it doesn’t matter since the world is upside down but that’s an emotional hedge. I was really into them winning that game, was standing and pacing and everything. 

We were talking about that. Part of me has said well if they lose this year it doesn’t matter since the world is upside down but that’s an emotional hedge. I was really into them winning that game, was standing and pacing and everything. 
Good, I'm glad the true fans don't feel like they're missing out on much of the experience given all this ####. Since the Rangers underperformed from the literal opening minute it never felt like hockey was back from that standpoint. 

As an impartial watcher though at times I found myself thinking more about the logistical problems/challenges they were facing with all of this than the game itself.

That was exhilarating and miserable. How are there at least 3 more games and likely more against these dudes. Christ. 
I saw this from a #CBJ fan

@algibson87: I’m never watching hockey again. 6.5 hours straight of a 5OT game is enough for one lifetime. Especially in a loss. Dumb....see you Thursday, #CBJ 🙃

Good, I'm glad the true fans don't feel like they're missing out on much of the experience given all this ####. Since the Rangers underperformed from the literal opening minute it never felt like hockey was back from that standpoint. 

As an impartial watcher though at times I found myself thinking more about the logistical problems/challenges they were facing with all of this than the game itself.
I mean if they do lose life goes on, like it always does, but this is the first thing my wife and I did together and we’ve been through one SCF loss and 3 ECF loss and then a sweep off a prez trophy and I would really like for her to experience winning a championship. This is the only sport she cares about but she really really cares about the team. I always used to think how cool it would be to see them winning it in person but this would be its own memory too. 

But that’s a ways off. 

Last edited by a moderator:
During Victor Herman’s 53 minutes at 5-on-5, Tampa had 73 shot attempts for, and 27 against
I missed most of the game but what I did see made it look like the ice was completely tilted in Tampa’s favor. They aren’t losing to these guys again. 

Yeah, TB looked real good.  Not only did they have the 88 SOG, I'm seeing an additional 62 blocked shots by CBJ so that's 150 shot attempts over 7 1/2 periods.  If anything, Bolts arms should be sore from shooting so much.  And Cam Atkinson managed zero sog in 40 minutes on ice and 4 1/2 PP minutes.  That can't be good.

Feel kinda bad for Canes/Bruins because that has to suck waiting around for hours, just be told to go home and wake up early for a 11:00 a.m. game tomorrow.  Sucks.

Yeah, TB looked real good.  Not only did they have the 88 SOG, I'm seeing an additional 62 blocked shots by CBJ so that's 150 shot attempts over 7 1/2 periods.  If anything, Bolts arms should be sore from shooting so much.  And Cam Atkinson managed zero sog in 40 minutes on ice and 4 1/2 PP minutes.  That can't be good.

Feel kinda bad for Canes/Bruins because that has to suck waiting around for hours, just be told to go home and wake up early for a 11:00 a.m. game tomorrow.  Sucks.
Somebody on the telecast said because of the 90 minute wait between games, the teams probably didn’t ever leave their hotels. 

Users who are viewing this thread