What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (3 Viewers)

Canadiens enjoying running their mouths a little too much. Should spark them a little more. 

Shame none of these guys just throw their gloves off, have a few 3rd man in's

Thanks for kadri, Toronto.
Your welcome. It's also great to see him actually playing in the playoffs than sitting suspended on the sidelines.

Kidding aside, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the entire Leafs fanbase enjoys watching him succeed, even if he isn't in Her Majesty's royals and white.

Would be phenomenal to see the Canucks, Flames, or Islanders make a run at the Cup. Nothing like seeing an underdog upend some of the teams that go deeper perennially.  

Have to win out their series first though.

shades of Bobby Ryan making a stickless d man look foolish in open ice there by Motte.

Couver Van Halen goal song is really underrated btw

Last edited by a moderator:
Schenn and O'Reilly score late to give the Blues the lead.  Vancouver's only hope is to keep getting those lucky, fluky goals (great move to score the goal, but lucky play after the C's stick broke).

Schenn and O'Reilly score late to give the Blues the lead.  Vancouver's only hope is to keep getting those lucky, fluky goals (great move to score the goal, but lucky play after the C's stick broke).
:lmao:  after taking the lead on that O’Reilly goal.

at least you didn’t blame Allen.  that’s coming soon I’m sure.

PP goal by Sanford makes it 3-1, right after another great save by Markstrom.  Canucks O needs to give their goalie a little more support.

Quinn Hughes has been targeted from the start of this series and looks as confident and elusive as ever out there.  this guy is going to win multiple Norris trophies 

I didn't get a chance to watch the game until just before flyers tied it in the third. Heard it was a good game.  Figures id miss most of it. 

Sweet play by drouin and then suzuki on the GW.  The earlier offside by D was inexcusable imo and I d say that regardless who did it but he made up for it on goal 4.

Saw the kk replay and its one of my huge pet peaves these days. Almost all boarding calls are a result of a player turning towards the boards when the hit is coming. Makar did the same thing in the avs game earlier. 

Gallagher seemed to be able to chirp just fine after losing a few chicklets. 

I didn't get a chance to watch the game until just before flyers tied it in the third. Heard it was a good game.  Figures id miss most of it. 

Sweet play by drouin and then suzuki on the GW.  The earlier offside by D was inexcusable imo and I d say that regardless who did it but he made up for it on goal 4.

Saw the kk replay and its one of my huge pet peaves these days. Almost all boarding calls are a result of a player turning towards the boards when the hit is coming. Makar did the same thing in the avs game earlier. 

Gallagher seemed to be able to chirp just fine after losing a few chicklets. 
I thought that was a weak major as well.  minor call was fine there.

I thought that was a weak major as well.  minor call was fine there.
I thought it was more than a minor but not worth a game misconduct. Not sure if they can call a double minor. Also if they call a major is it required to give a game?

Also I thought the first double they gave the Flyers for high sticking was weak as well.

Looks like Niskanen will probably getting a game after all of Gallagher's hijinks and the fact that Milbury would like to have his baby.

fine him and move on. won't effect the series. 
It will if Gallagher had to leave the bubble to get a CT scan on his jaw, and has to re-quarantine. Not sure if the league has a CT machine in the bubble. 

Gallagher is a tough ******* and I expect him to play if protocol allows, but guys have to be responsible for their sticks. 

And I am in no way a Habs fan. 

Brendan Gallagher broken jaw out for series.

Niskanen suspension incoming no doubt
unfortunate. it didn't look that horrible. losking Niskanen may sting a bit. He hasn't been playing all that well, but not sure Ghost can just step in. I don't think they will break up Myers and Sanheim since they are both playing well.

Oh, well, maybe they do. Niskanen out game 6:  https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2020/8/20/21394812/nhl-philadelphia-flyers-defenseman-matt-niskanen-suspended-for-game-6-montreal-brendan-gallagher

Shame about Gallagher, wish he was in the next game so the Flyers could beat him up some more. I miss the lines with Brown and Berube on them, Brashear too at times. Seeing those 3 guys take the ice was always funny

ETA: video was funny too. Gallagher cross checks Niskanen 1st. funny how they both basically did the same thing, Niskanen just ended up hitting Gallagher as he was falling down

ETA2: i was surprised when Suzuki patted Hart on the head and nobody did anything to him, wondering if this will cause a little fire in the belly for the flyers tomorrow. i like this idea too

@Steph20207

While I'm not philosophically against taking a run at him on the ice I think it would be funnier to win Friday then each Flyer pat him on the head in the handshake line.

Don't think he was slipping but he isn't tall and youre right, time to move on. Both teams have a reason to rally.  I expect game 4 Habs because they haven't played 2 good games in a row for about 14 seasons. At least I can watch tomorrow. 

NHL gets an A++++++++++++ for everything they have done this year.  To be watching the playoffs and have them feel like the normal playoffs is beyond awesome.
Except for that lottery nonsense (and taking Montreal over Buffalo for the play-in round) of course. 

unfortunate. it didn't look that horrible...

...funny how they both basically did the same thing, Niskanen just ended up hitting Gallagher as he was falling down
https://streamable.com/60rebd

You are right it didn't look horrible from the televised angle.

But this other angle shows it was far from the same thing.

I don't think Niskanen expected Gally's jaw to be there but he was going for a cross check in a dangerous location (front facing, shoulder height) and he has to control his stick in that situation. 

Users who are viewing this thread