What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (4 Viewers)

Adam Fox is going to be a hell of a player.
Waiting for him to give all the credit to this random dude from the internet who gave him pointers on the flight to Buffalo last spring before the Frozen Four, and allowed him to capture the spirit of the thing.

(* Note: Parts of this newspaper account might not be factually correct.)

Interestingly Grapes had an interview today with CBC (I believe ) and said he wasn't given the option to come on and apologize and if he would have he would say I'm sorry.

Seems to me they gave maclean that chance so maybe they got the opportunity they were looking for to relieve him and took it.
had they not canned him it would have been fantastic watching how much more uncomfortable MacLean would be during this week's coach's corner, if that is even possible.

If he "people should wear poppies and support the military" he'd still be on the air. For the record I don't think this particular thing he said was that outrageous by his own standards of sitting on his pulpit and punching down but it's been years and years coming and with all he's said over the years, he lost the benefit of the doubt decades ago. 
it's funny that this is what finally got him axed.  I feel like he says something that makes headlines like this at least a couple times per year. 

now can we do some real hockey societal good and get the pitchforks out on Millbury?  I'm positive he hit an immigrant with a shoe or something at some point.

So, Kappo Kakko is kind of good eh?

Adam Fox is already the Rangers No 1 defensemen

Which is awesome since they just shelled out 8 million a year for Trouba who has sucked. Could have saved that money for Kreider

It will be interesting to see where Kreider ends up

And what the heck is going on with Lias Anderson. If you cant beat out Brett Howden for 3rd line Center, you pretty much are done in the organization. His trade value is zero right now. Waste of the 7th overall pick. How is Casey Middlestat doing. Should have taken him

Which is awesome since they just shelled out 8 million a year for Trouba who has sucked. Could have saved that money for Kreider
Trouba will be fine but Pionk has actually been really good playing big minutes in Winnipeg. Even analytics like him this year and he's playing over 20 minutes a night, with 11 points already. 

That whole Andersson-Mittlestadt-Rasmussen-Tippett-Villardi run of the draft is struggling to do much. 
it's still really early though.  I don't think Andersson was ever expected to be much of a scorer and was probably a bit of a reach there.  Rasmussen and Tippett seem on track.  Vilardi can't stay healthy.  I think Mittlestadt eventually turns the corner with his skill but he was way too weak and not enough development before he was thrown into the league.  slow start was bound to happen.

it's still really early though.  I don't think Andersson was ever expected to be much of a scorer and was probably a bit of a reach there.  Rasmussen and Tippett seem on track.  Vilardi can't stay healthy.  I think Mittlestadt eventually turns the corner with his skill but he was way too weak and not enough development before he was thrown into the league.  slow start was bound to happen.
Yeah, I guess the AHL numbers are ok for most of these guys. Tippett nearly made the Panthers two years ago and then didn't even sniff the roster the past two training camps and left pretty much everyone wanting more. I feel like it's a similar story with Rasmussen who hasn't really progressed as well as hoped and now is back in the AHL after being mostly an NHL regular last year. 

Mittlestadt is the only one who seems like a likely top 6 NHLer for an extended period of time to me. 

Yeah, I guess the AHL numbers are ok for most of these guys. Tippett nearly made the Panthers two years ago and then didn't even sniff the roster the past two training camps and left pretty much everyone wanting more. I feel like it's a similar story with Rasmussen who hasn't really progressed as well as hoped and now is back in the AHL after being mostly an NHL regular last year. 

Mittlestadt is the only one who seems like a likely top 6 NHLer for an extended period of time to me. 
Rasmussen types usually take longer and I thought he had a pretty good showing last year.  I thought he seemed ahead of schedule since he was thought of to be pretty raw during draft year :shrug:

at some point they have to just send Mittlestadt down and let him get 20 min a night and be the guy for a while.  not sure he's ever going to figure it out getting 12 min a night in a secondary role with the big club.  probably should have already been done last year.  he's an outstanding talent but he made a difficult jump and clearly needs more work against pros.

anderson at 7 is DOA

AcerFC said:
And what the heck is going on with Lias Anderson. If you cant beat out Brett Howden for 3rd line Center, you pretty much are done in the organization. His trade value is zero right now. Waste of the 7th overall pick. How is Casey Middlestat doing. Should have taken him
Rumor has it Detroit had their eye on him at 9 before settling for Rasmussen. I wonder if Ken Holland would still be interested. Supposedly the Rangers are interested in Puljujarvi.

Last edited by a moderator:
T.J. Brodie collapsed and had a seizure on the ice at Flames practice this afternoon. He was alert and responsive when they took him to the hospital. Hope he's okay. 

Tampa is out to a lightning(heh heh) fast start against the Rangers at home, 4 goals in the first 8 minutes. Let's see if they can keep playing well all game.

Capella said:
Guess the Bolts may be done ####ing around. 
I would say so. 5 PP goals, chasing both the starter and backup(Georgiev came back for the 3rd), they had a great trip to Sweden.

#### you NHL.  There is no excuse why the whistle wasn't blown with calvert on the ice bleeding from his head.  They obviously care about player safety.

Another game where the Bolts have on their black jerseys, another L. Seriously, either go back to the black "Bolts" jerseys, or come up with something else. Those things are not good.

Kal El said:
Another game where the Bolts have on their black jerseys, another L. Seriously, either go back to the black "Bolts" jerseys, or come up with something else. Those things are not good.
I love the black jerseys. Think they look great. 

I love the black jerseys. Think they look great. 
The silver gradient doesn't do anything for me, plus black jerseys are way overdone. Pretty much everyone has one now. Personally, I'd like to see a dark gray sweater with blue lettering with a white border to make it stand out. That might be just me, though.

Time to fire Babcock?
Leafs fans have been calling for this for weeks, if not starting after last year's RD 1 playoff exit.

His style simply doesn't mesh with the players' talent and skill set, and he's unable to make adjustments.

I think if they drop a game or two on this road trip, starting with the LVK Tuesday, we'll see it happen.

Who will replace him, I have no idea - Keefe from the Marlies is an obvious choice, but we may want to go with a more proven coach that can leverage the team skill. Who that is, no idea.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Who will replace him, I have no idea - Keefe from the Marlies is an obvious choice, but we may want to go with a more proven coach that can leverage the team skill. Who that is, no idea.
Keefe is a no brainer IMO. He's shown for like ten years now between Sault Ste Marie and the Marlies that he can consistently win with the type of team Dubas builds. 

I know there is talk it would be a difficult situation to put him into but he's been groomed for it for years. The presence of Keefe is the main reason why I'd be okay with firing Babcock.

You are in the west, doesn't matter.  Plus Canes have talent but goalies not as good as last year.  Amazing what prove it contracts can do.  Plus Jake is our Victor.
loser points matter.  a lot. 

again, do better next time and don't blow two goal leads.  please.

Can't express how much I am enjoying the leafs struggles so far this year. Reading HF is very entertaining. 

One thing I dont really understand is the hate for nylander. Seems to me he's doing what is expected.  The games I've seen he's been good to great. One of their better forwards almost every night. Just a scapegoat? I know he's got flaws but so does Mathews.  Their D is atrocious. And I know atrocious, I watch the Habs. 🙂 

It's enjoyable regardless. Hoping the circus continues but still feel they get on a roll at some point.

Can't express how much I am enjoying the leafs struggles so far this year. Reading HF is very entertaining. 

One thing I dont really understand is the hate for nylander. Seems to me he's doing what is expected.  The games I've seen he's been good to great. One of their better forwards almost every night. Just a scapegoat? I know he's got flaws but so does Mathews.  Their D is atrocious. And I know atrocious, I watch the Habs. 🙂 

It's enjoyable regardless. Hoping the circus continues but still feel they get on a roll at some point.
not sure what happened to Tyson Barrie but he's been pretty terrible. they also need a better #2 goalie.

A ton of his points came on the PP. Which he ain't seeing these days 
averaging 2:10/game on the PP.

Morgan Rielly is only averaging 3:25/game there this year.

sure, his time is down from 4:03/game last year in Colorado but Toronto also has 3 of the best forwards in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread