What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 College football thread - Auburn’s gotta Auburn. (2 Viewers)

If they’re going to keep talking about Kelly’s wins and “tying” Knute while ignoring the 21 vacated wins, I wish they’d also remind people he’s Notre Dame’s coach with the most losses ever too.

Way to not start the clock jerks 

Screw your big drum redenbacher U

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave Coastal a run for their money today.  Much better showing than the discombobulated mess last week at Nebraska, giving me some hope that the Bulls have a shot at the MAC this year.  A win next week would go a long way to keeping the goal of bowl eligibility alive.

Overall I like what I've seen from Coach Mo Linguist.  On the road at Nebraska and home to the #16 team in the country isn't an easy way to ease yourself into your first head coaching job.  His in-game management leaves a bit to be desired - a couple too-cute playcalls and baffling decisions on 4th down.  But I love the passion, and the players clearly love playing for him.  It's a big departure from Lance Leipold, and while Leipold had the decades of experience, Coach Mo appears to already be out-recruiting him.  If they can put it together on the field, could be fun (until Mo bolts for bigger and better).

@osmattmurschel: Florida is averaging 6 yards per rush today. The last team to average at least 6-yards per carry in a game against Alabama was Ohio State in the 2015 National Title game. #BAMAvsFLA

12 on was right. But the pass interference was garbage. 
I agree, in slo-mo he wrapped his arm a little early but it didn’t impact anything. Wish they’d let that go. 

Great game overall though, quality of play is incredibly high. This is like the exact opposite of OU-Nebraska. 

If they’re going to keep talking about Kelly’s wins and “tying” Knute while ignoring the 21 vacated wins, I wish they’d also remind people he’s Notre Dame’s coach with the most losses ever too.
I could care less about Kelly getting past a guy that last coached prior to my dad even being born.   What stands out to me is Kelly's 105-39 record against the combined record of 91-68 of his 3 predecessors.   His record of 46-8 over the past 4+ years ain't too shabby either.

I could care less about Kelly getting past a guy that last coached prior to my dad even being born.   What stands out to me is Kelly's 105-39 record against the combined record of 91-68 of his 3 predecessors.   His record of 46-8 over the past 4+ years ain't too shabby either.
The problem I have with it is they fired Holtz for being Icarus - too close to Rockne. Holtz won one title and was robbed of another (1993). Kelly hasn’t even won a meaningful bowl game, let alone a playoff game or a title. 

It’s a sign of accepting mediocrity once shunned by the school and fans. Comparing him to Davie, Willingham, and Weis isn’t the standard. Those three sucked and deserved the firings they got. Compare Kelly to Holtz, Devine, Ara, Leahy, and Rockne as that is the standard he should be held to like every coach before him. 

Hasn't Adrian Martinez been playing for like 10 years now?  How does this guy still stand there and calmly take two sacks with under a minute left when he had plenty of opportunity to throw the ball away.
:hippling:

We had a different Martinez 11 years ago. I'm convinced Adrian is so worried about his stats that he refuses to throw up a 50/50 ball when needed. Hell, at that point of the game throwing up a 10/90 ball is better than what he did. Weak sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread