What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 FBG Stock Contest (1 Viewer)

Was not able to post here for two months.

Here is my pick.

BLDP (Ballard Power)

S&P 500 - 4060
Thanks for this post and the other from the Stock thread. Your fervor for BLDP has convinced me to buy. But as an FYI, I believe your pick here is too late to be counted unless the original poster loosens the rules.

OK, so I see 27 ticker symbols that have been put forward, including BLDP from totem after the deadline. Of those 27 tickers, BA and ABNB stand out as being quite expensive relative to the others, meaning I would only be able to buy one share of each since I am allotting $200 to invest in each name. Take out BA and ABNB and that gives 25 tickers, roughly $5000 in principal, and the purchases were made today in my Roth. Not exactly the FBG ETF, but pretty close, plus I don't really like BA or ABNB at these prices anyway. I'll report back on 12/31/21. GLTA.

Edit to add details: 25 purchases on Jan 4, total commissions of $27, principal invested $5051.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting slammed today, but FLGT up 8%. Too bad I wanted to buy more lol.
Can’t believe I sold all mine awhile ago. I was the guy who brought it into the stock thread. SMH. At least I learned my lesson about selling too soon and not being afraid to jump back in even at a slightly higher price.

If allowed, I pick UUUU+ warrants.  Symbol on Ameritrade is UUUU+

If not, UUUU is my pick

S&P 4200
That's a pretty good sized position for us.  Like that you like it.  :thumbup:

I'm too late to submit, but I'll do so anyway:  I'm taking Playgon - PLGNF.  Penny stock that could go belly-up or.......or there's something here.  Rotating back to gambling names and hoping to recreate the magic of Amaya.  :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aileron Therapeutics ALRN

This company is working on something that would spare healthy cells from the ravages of chemotherapy, while leaving malignant cells exposed. Would be quite a trick.

S&P 4206.80
Boom! At least, in premarket.

Aileron Therapeutics ALRN

This company is working on something that would spare healthy cells from the ravages of chemotherapy, while leaving malignant cells exposed. Would be quite a trick.

S&P 4206.80
ALRN out to an early lead with almost a double-up in less than two weeks. The FGB Stock contest portfolio that I started with $5000 is up to $5800 in that same time frame (up 16%), outpacing the S&P roughly five-fold. I'll go ahead and extrapolate this out to the end of the year which lands at about $200,000. Thanks FBGs!

• Love
Reactions: KGB
No way GME is a strong stock that will surely be trading at 100000 per share by then*

* - after the inevitable trio of 3 for 1 splits.

:cool:

-QG

I'm too late to submit, but I'll do so anyway:  I'm taking Playgon - PLGMF.  Penny stock that could go belly-up or.......or there's something here.  Rotating back to gambling names and hoping to recreate the magic of Amaya.  :wub:
Glad I missed out this year.  :bag:

I'm too late to submit, but I'll do so anyway:  I'm taking Playgon - PLGMF.  Penny stock that could go belly-up or.......or there's something here.  Rotating back to gambling names and hoping to recreate the magic of Amaya.  :wub:
Amaya up 30% today

AYAG

AMAYA GLOBAL HOLDINGS CORP

13.25 3.00 (29.27 %)

Amaya up 30% today

AYAG

AMAYA GLOBAL HOLDINGS CORP

13.25 3.00 (29.27 %)
I think they have changed their focus:

AMAYA Global Holdings Corp., through its subsidiaries, engages in planting, preserving, packaging, and marketing navel oranges for distribution and sale in the People's Republic of China. The company has planted 1,077,098 orange trees in orchards

THAT TOO!

God, I tried to make Orange Chicken early in quarantine and what a disaster.  Not sure exactly it went wrong, but I'm a little ashamed that Panda Express has it mastered while I failed miserably. 
it isn't easy. I failed a couple time before getting it right.

You need to bread and fry the chicken or beef like fried chicken or chicken fried steak. The sauce is a #####, but you can buy a bottle of Panda Garden Orange sauce for $3 and save yourself the headache.

It's still trading - PLGNF is the ticker.  I have incorrect in my original post. :bag:

Down 12% YTD.  Still think this will be a winner in time, but it's been a bitter disappointment since I mentioned it.  I also might have a crush on one of their dealers:  https://www.playgon.com/
Lol. It has a volume of 300 shares on Yahoo, so basically $100 worth. That’s why it looked like it wasn’t trading. Even the Toronto ticker looks like a rectangle and a triangle because there’s so little volume today.

Women have milked way more than this from some men so no shame in that.

Lol. It has a volume of 300 shares on Yahoo, so basically $100 worth. That’s why it looked like it wasn’t trading. Even the Toronto ticker looks like a rectangle and a triangle because there’s so little volume today.

Women have milked way more than this from some men so no shame in that.
wouldn't that be 30,000 shares?

The FBG fund just touched $7500 or a 50% return on the principal of $5000 in January.  Not too shabby.
Incredibly, in under one month, the collective value of the stocks in the FBG contest has crashed back almost to even ($5250, current value), down over 33% from its highs. Hanging on for dear life to hold a positive gain for the year. What a quick rotation out of growth that has decimated this group (and many of us individually, present company included). Just ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread