What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Buffalo Bills (6 Viewers)

Is Tre expected back this week vs Packers?
They’ve been pretty coy about it. That seems to be the safe bet though. It was reported that he didn’t seem to have any hesitation or issues at all in the limited parts of practice the media saw a couple of weeks ago.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they have him in a snap count for the first few weeks though, especially with as well as the other CBs have played without him.

Is Tre expected back this week vs Packers?
They’ve been pretty coy about it. That seems to be the safe bet though. It was reported that he didn’t seem to have any hesitation or issues at all in the limited parts of practice the media saw a couple of weeks ago.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they have him in a snap count for the first few weeks though, especially with as well as the other CBs have played without him.
They don’t have the corner depth to have him on a snap count. I think he’s out this week versus an NFC opponent and then activated and plays 75% of snaps vs the Jets, specially since seeing all these ACL guys from last year come back probably too soon.

I was thinking about this the other day, but Diggs+Davis echoes the great Buffalo passing offenses and WR duos of the past.

Reed+Lofton/Beebe
Moulds+Price

Reed/Moulds/Diggs were/are the do it all alpha studs. Lofton/Beebe/Price/Davis were/are the speedy deep threat that takes the top off the defense and opens things up more underneath for the alphas.

Singletary looked good as a receiver in the Miami game. Any chance Cook gets more action as a 3rd down back? I could see him getting garbage time points in blowouts, which are very possible in their remaining games.

538's model has the Bills favored by 2 points over the Bengals in week 17. Other than that game, they're favored by 7+ in every single game left this season.
What percentage of Bills fans see that and still think “that’s cool, wonder which of those heavily favored games we’ll blow and end up losing the #1 seed because of and have to go play in KC in the playoffs yet again and end up losing another gut punch game?”

I mentioned this guy in the “trades you’d like to see” thread, but Cordarrelle Patterson for a 3rd or 4th. Yes or no?

I personally think he’d be a perfect fit and that the salary would work as well.

Homers - thoughts on Shakir the rest of the way? I brought him up in the Shakir thread and a few think that he has a path to fantasy relevance, although seems stuck behind McKenzie in the slot role. He's got talent but not sure he'll get enough snaps to be that relevant.

Homers - thoughts on Shakir the rest of the way? I brought him up in the Shakir thread and a few think that he has a path to fantasy relevance, although seems stuck behind McKenzie in the slot role. He's got talent but not sure he'll get enough snaps to be that relevant.
Buffalo notoriously does not trust rookies a whole lot unless their hand is forced.

I mentioned this guy in the “trades you’d like to see” thread, but Cordarrelle Patterson for a 3rd or 4th. Yes or no?

I personally think he’d be a perfect fit and that the salary would work as well.
Meh. Definitely wouldn't want to give up a 4th, and take on the cap $$ even if it is nominal. I don't see him as much of an upgrade.

McKenzie is definitely coming off a bad game, but he still brings some elements to the game that Shakir does not. That, coupled with Grove's call-out that McD doesn't exactly rush rookies into major snap counts, leads me to believe Shakir will not develop much FF value this year.

I keep seeing these “rumors” that Bills are linked to a RB. Hunt/Akers/Jeff Wilson.
I don’t think we really need anyone else. Singletary is doing just fine. Would like to see more of Cook. And Moss isn’t terrible.

If you guys get Hunt the AFC crown is yours for the taking. Massive upgrade and an offense that come playoff time would be unstoppable. And heck, he might cement the Super Bowl for you.

With your defense this season is yours for the taking. I love my Chiefs, but you guys are just better overall. Will be fun to watch. If not the Chiefs I would love the Bills to win it. It's their time.

I keep seeing these “rumors” that Bills are linked to a RB. Hunt/Akers/Jeff Wilson.
I don’t think we really need anyone else. Singletary is doing just fine. Would like to see more of Cook. And Moss isn’t terrible.
Strongly disagree. They have 1 non-Allen rushing TD on the season, and IMO the reason they lost to the Chiefs in the playoffs last year was because they got dominated in TOP due to no running game (besides Allen). Heading into the bad weather and post season you need to be able to run the ball.

Not sure Akers is any good and Wilson is kind of meh (would take him if cheap), but Hunt for a 4th or 5th would be huge IMO.

Cook has been a garbage time closer in the 2 of the last 3 blowouts, with 2 runs over 20 yards in just 19 carries. In game 1, a 31-10 win over the Rams, he fumbled on his first carry which may have put a kabash on his role in that game. I think the combo of Singletary & Cook is as good as Hunt. Cook could get more carries or receptions, when the game is on the line, and should continue to get 4th quarter mop up duty in the many upcoming routes. I'm not sure why he is ranked so low.

“FOX's Jay Glazer reports the Bills called the Saints about trading for Alvin Kamara.​

Glazer noted that the Bills' offer was rejected. A previous report said from NewOrleans.Football's Nick Underhill said the Saints aren't shopping Kamara.”

That’ll be a bit rich for me.

If the Bills were to make any moves, what are the positions we could/should target?
I would put the needs at:
Safety
IOL
RB
WR

So....Nyeem Hines it is.... what do we think here? Moss gets cut? Cook is 3rd stinger? Hines supplants Devin?

Is this fantasy relevant at all? I just traded for Hine, so would love to see him be the lead dog now, but that seems doubtful. Hines is 2" taller but weighs a few pounds less....so interchangeable maybe?

Meh. Needed a grinder IMO.

Moss back to Indy.
Is Moss part of the trade?
Yes. The trade was Moss + 6th rounder for Hines. Apparently that draft pick can become a 5th, but I don't know what the terms are.

I don't know anything about Hines so I can't comment on that part of the trade, but a) the Bills really wanted to add a pass-catching RB and b) they were ready to move on from Zach Moss. I'm surprised Moss was even active last week. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, but he never worked out for Buffalo. He seems like a good guy and I'll be rooting for him to do well in Indy.

So....Nyeem Hines it is.... what do we think here? Moss gets cut? Cook is 3rd stinger? Hines supplants Devin?

Is this fantasy relevant at all? I just traded for Hine, so would love to see him be the lead dog now, but that seems doubtful. Hines is 2" taller but weighs a few pounds less....so interchangeable maybe?
For ff (ppr) I think Hines > singletary but they’ll both have a role. Decent upgrade for Hines IMO (I’m an owner and did need the improvement at flex)

For ff (ppr) I think Hines > singletary but they’ll both have a role. Decent upgrade for Hines IMO (I’m an owner and did need the improvement at flex)

Doubtful, especially if the utilization stays the same, or moves back towards the end of last season. Singletary is a proven stud in this offense, and they've been saving him wear as they've been blowing out opponents in the first half of this season. It's going to get cold soon up there.

Doubtful, especially if the utilization stays the same, or moves back towards the end of last season. Singletary is a proven stud in this offense, and they've been saving him wear as they've been blowing out opponents in the first half of this season. It's going to get cold soon up there.
We’re defining “proven stud” differently. Or I just think more highly of Hines, which is certainly possible.

I’m genuinely curious, how are you seeing singletary as a proven stud?

We’re defining “proven stud” differently. Or I just think more highly of Hines, which is certainly possible.

Go look at last season's stats and in to the playoffs. I believe he was in the top 5 of RBs over the last handful of games, and carried it over to the playoffs. So yeah, maybe you're idea of a stud is very different than mine.

* "From Week 15 through Week 18, Singletary was the No. 1 RB in PPR-scoring fantasy football leagues and it guided him to a No. 18 finish overall at the position." And, I would even say it began in week 14, and again carried in to the playoffs when the Bills were trying to win games.

LOL at these honks riding the Josh Allen train. Guy is good, no doubt. However, playoff teams can't hook their wagon to one guy. NE wins the AFC. Calling it now.

Go look at last season's stats and in to the playoffs. I believe he was in the top 5 of RBs over the last handful of games, and carried it over to the playoffs. So yeah, maybe you're idea of a stud is very different than mine.

* "From Week 15 through Week 18, Singletary was the No. 1 RB in PPR-scoring fantasy football leagues and it guided him to a No. 18 finish overall at the position." And, I would even say it began in week 14, and again carried in to the playoffs when the Bills were trying to win games.
Now do weeks 1 thru 8 of 22'.

When they've used him, he's produced. Compare his production to his snap rate, when they aren't crushing teams. This has all been discussed by pundits.

Are So....Nyeem Hines it is.... what do we think here? Moss gets cut? Cook is 3rd stinger? Hines supplants Devin?

He was behind Rashaad Penny in my PPR leagues in total points over that time; also behind Damien Harris ppg during that time. Neither of which would I consider proven studs. Although Harris does have 8 games over 100 yards in his career, while penny has 7. Singletary has two.

In 3.5 years, He has never touched the ball more than 25 times in a game and has like 5 games with 20 touches.

But what the team actually does can show us what they think of their proven studs. Buffalo has drafted two backs fairly highly since singletary joined the team, tried to bring in a veteran mckissic, and now trade for one of the better receiving backs.

When they've used him, he's produced. Compare his production to his snap rate, when they aren't crushing teams. This has all been discussed by pundits.

That’s a key though, isn’t it? Of course Allen is fantastic but they don’t use singletary and have used capital on backs since he’s been on the team.

Meh. Needed a grinder IMO.

Moss back to Indy.
A grinder like who?
I don't mean grinder as in that's all they can do, but someone who can better grind away the tough yards. Late in games, late in the season and postseason, when teams know you're going to be running the ball, to be able to move the chains and control the clock. Out of the rumored possibilities, I would have liked Hunt or Jacobs (not sure how true that one was). Not sure how available they were but someone like AJ Dillon, Damien Harris, or Mattison would have been great too.

I don't mind Hines, I think he'll help them, but he seems to have a similar skill set as Cook. He might be an upgrade there but it wasn't what they were missing IMO.

This is out there but maybe?

The last two weeks it has seemed like Allen and Diggs REALLY want to burn the top CB on the other team. Like they have a vendetta and want to prove they are each the best.

Both GB and NYJ defended against that. So Allen ends up scrambling and flustered. What didn’t he do the last 6 quarters that he did before?

Take what they gave and dump it to Singletary for 6-10 yards a pop.

Some one needs to get in their ear. It is about winning the game not MVPs or top WR stats. It didn’t burn them against GB but today it did.

What an ugly game. With so many defensive players out, the team needed the offense to play well and take control of this game. That obviously didn't happen. Allen put up a valiant effort on the ground, but those interceptions were brutal - absolutely brutal.

I want to vent about so many things, but I think I'll just chalk it up to a bad day and hope the coaches get this offense back on track.

Oh, and let's hope Allen's elbow is ok or the season could be over. He missed a handful of games in his rookie or second year with the same sort of injury, didn't he? (Or was that a wrist?)

Allen played poorly, his decision making in the passing game was bad.

Take the dink and dunk passes, move the ball. Jets were sitting back, daring them to throw the ball down the field.
They more or less put the game in Allen's hands.
He was not good today

I posted the same thing in the Josh Allen thread, but there are some vague yet worrying rumors swirling on Bills Twitter (and not some randos - some bigger names who would viably have connections) that Allen is going to be out, presumably due to injury.

Users who are viewing this thread