What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Buffalo Bills (14 Viewers)

I prefer to not trade up, as well, but if the cost is the 2nd they got for Diggs, I see it as a wash. (Surely the rookie won't do what Diggs can do, yet, but he'll cost much less for 4 years.) That's more or less even in my mind, so I don't mind if they do that. If they start throwing in another 2, or even a 1, I'll be a bit more skeptical.
I think to get one of Odunze or Nabers they’d have to give up this year’s 1st and 3rd and next year’s 1st at minimum. Maybe trading back and forth some lower picks as part of that as well. It’s going to be really expensive to trade up in this draft with so many QB needy teams and so many good OL that teams may want to trade up for (not to mention the WRs of course)
Totally agree. Would be really expensive unless one falls for some reason.

Interesting. Bills may have their choice of the non-top 3 WRs. Or they could trade down. Should be interesting to see how much they like who is left at WR. The fact they haven’t traded up yet tells me that they don’t LOVE love any of them.

One of the 10 cheapest 1st round non-QB tradeups in the last 20 years. The Bills net just a 6th round pick equivalent value to let the Chiefs take a guy at Buffalo’s biggest position of need. Yeah, that won’t haunt them for the next 5 years.

Maybe it’s a trap? Maybe the Bills know that Worthy is a bust, and they were willing to let KC make the mistake before Dallas could?

Seems like Beane had the last few WRs picked as well as a few still on the board ranked roughly equal so why not improve your position through the rest of the draft?

Hate it for the Bills. Absolutely hate trading with KC of all teams, too.

Now... That being said... Franklin is still on the board, so me for me the best WR (after the big 3) survived rnd1.

Move the F up and nab him, NOW

Now... That being said... Franklin is still on the board, so me for me the best WR (after the big 3) survived rnd1.

They have the first pick in the 2nd round now, no need to move up. In fact, I could see them deciding to slide back 4-5 more slots even if he’s the guy they want.

It certainly feels like the Bills wanted to trade up to get somebody in particular, were unable to do so, and didn't care much for who was left. Beane obviously has a lower opinion of Worthy and Legette than most. Obviously I would have preferred that they got whoever it was that they wanted, but I'm glad they didn't reach for another Kair Elam.

There are still several viable WRs available, and I'd be very happy with Cooper DeJean at this point too.

They have the first pick in the 2nd round now, no need to move up. In fact, I could see them deciding to slide back 4-5 more slots even if he’s the guy they want.

If you end up with Franklin and the improved picks from trading down, you won big time.

Why are you guys so high on Franklin? I’d prefer Ladd or Coleman or even Mitchell over him.
I’m not doubting you, just curious what I’m missing.

Why are you guys so high on Franklin? I’d prefer Ladd or Coleman or even Mitchell over him.

I think Coleman is a lock for a bust. Just my opinion and don't wish it on him, I just don't like what I see from him.
Ladd is good too, he'd be a fine pick.

Franklin is just different... Perfect for Allen's big arm.

I think it is pretty clear that Beane didn't like Worthy or Legette enough to avoid making the deal - otherwise why not just pick them? It's possible that Pearsall was one of their targets (no way to know), but even if yes, probably one of several targets. It sounds like Beane was high on the big 3 plus Brian Thomas, but was not willing to give away the farm for any of them. There are probably several WR that Beane has in this range that he would consider picking and can't really make up his mind which one.

My own inclination is that if they have to pick here, it will be either DeJean or Powers-Johnson, and I think DeJean is the most likely, with the plan being to move him to safety, where he would probably be a Day 1 starter. I don't think the Bills view any of the remaining WR as a Day 1 starter, which is why they are willing to go back rather than pull the trigger. DeJean is the consensus BPA regardless of need, and safety is a big need for the Bills, so to me that makes the most sense here.

I think it is pretty clear that Beane didn't like Worthy or Legette enough to avoid making the deal - otherwise why not just pick them? It's possible that Pearsall was one of their targets (no way to know), but even if yes, probably one of several targets. It sounds like Beane was high on the big 3 plus Brian Thomas, but was not willing to give away the farm for any of them. There are probably several WR that Beane has in this range that he would consider picking and can't really make up his mind which one.

My own inclination is that if they have to pick here, it will be either DeJean or Powers-Johnson, and I think DeJean is the most likely, with the plan being to move him to safety, where he would probably be a Day 1 starter. I don't think the Bills view any of the remaining WR as a Day 1 starter, which is why they are willing to go back rather than pull the trigger. DeJean is the consensus BPA regardless of need, and safety is a big need for the Bills, so to me that makes the most sense here.
DeJean also offers some positional flexibility, which this regime seems to view as a pretty clear plus. So does Powers-Johnson of course, but that we know how McDermott loves his DBs. My guess is that he has big plans for DeJean.

We currently have a whole lot of nothing at safety, and our whole secondary is in need of a rebuild (except for CB1 and nickel, of course). DeJean sounds like the sort of guy who you can build around. What's not to like?

We can still grab a WR in round 2. We have the ammo to trade up if we need to.

DeJean also offers some positional flexibility, which this regime seems to view as a pretty clear plus. So does Powers-Johnson of course, but that we know how McDermott loves his DBs. My guess is that he has big plans for DeJean.

We currently have a whole lot of nothing at safety, and our whole secondary is in need of a rebuild (except for CB1 and nickel, of course). DeJean sounds like the sort of guy who you can build around. What's not to like?

We can still grab a WR in round 2. We have the ammo to trade up if we need to.
Take DeJean, trade up to the mid-40s for a WR, hopefully Franklin is still there.

I still like Ladd McConkey, as my #5 WR, and I think he would fit this offense well. That said, if the Bills trade back again, I won't be upset. There are still quite a few WRs with a lot of potential.

Not sure how I feel about taking a defensive player first. In today's NFL I'd rather sure up the offense, and then focus on defense.

I think Coleman is a lock for a bust. Just my opinion and don't wish it on him, I just don't like what I see from him.
Ladd is good too, he'd be a fine pick.

Franklin is just different... Perfect for Allen's big arm.
Please be wrong. Please be wrong….

Users who are viewing this thread