What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FFA Mid Year Song Draft - Sign-up and Round 1 today (1 Viewer)

11.YM - Phenomenon - Mt. Joy

So my daughter (youngest of my two kids) is moving across the country in a month to go to college. We’ve always had a very close relationship through sports and other activities over the years, so this will be a tough move for me. I coached all her basketball and softball teams up until high school, and since she was a pitcher I spent countless hours sitting on a bucket of softballs catching for her and talking about life. Even though she hasn’t pitched for months, I have yet to take my faithful bucket and softball glove out of my car because I’m not ready to move on from that phase yet. 

Whereas I talk about / listen to hip hop and rap with my son (learning new artists and songs from him and sharing older stuff), my daughter and I share more indie / alternative stuff. 

I started listening to this band earlier this year when my daughter told me it was her favorite. It was a desperate attempt to keep having something to talk about, but I ended up liking their music. @Dr. Octopus already took my favorite from this album (Lemon Tree), but this is another I like a lot. 

Just wanted to drop in and let you boys know I appreciate your efforts.  I've already been enjoying the playlist and can't wait to see it completed.

I've continued to listen to albums this year but honestly, I've yet to stumble upon much of anything remarkable on my own.  I've got a bunch of new songs I like, but they've mainly been culled from suggestions in the 2022 new music thread (NOBRO, Mysterines, SMILE).  I'd feel bad joining in the draft only to snipe other peoples suggestions.

I've got less than a handful of songs to suggest so I'll hold off until you've completed the draft to toss out my few selections if they don't get taken between now and then.

Thanks again!  I really look forward to these playlists.

J

I was going to take this but it was released July 7 per Spotify - not sure if that disqualifies it from this draft. 
oh poo. i forgot it was mid-year. i'll pick something else. funny my next pick was also a fresh july drop. thanks for the heads up, gb. 

oh poo. i forgot it was mid-year. i'll pick something else. funny my next pick was also a fresh july drop. thanks for the heads up, gb. 
Honestly - not sure if that’s the official rule, but that’s how I interpreted it. 

Lol - your repick was going to be my morning pick

Jaysus said:
ETA: Did I miss the link, or is there no spreadsheet this time?

We haven't done a spreadsheet in the last few mid-year/end-year drafts.  It's easier to just add the songs directly to the playlist.

12.YM - Nobody but Me - The Knocks feat. Cold War Kids

Just some fun, upbeat tunes for the spring/summer. 

What am I working so hard for?
To fill my lonely days
Wake up in the middle of the night
In a cold sweat
I need to see your face

Nobody but me
I got money in my pocket (pocket)
Got a house in heaven hills
Until I find someone to share it with
Who cares? (Who cares?)

Nobody but me
I got all my #### together (together)
But nothing lasts forever
Until I find someone to share it with
Who cares? (Who cares?)
Nobody but me

I'm up to song #74 which is just past the midway point of the mix.  The finish line keeps moving until round 20.

Today I made it through the ten minute Tool track followed almost immediately by the depressing Frank Turner/Craig Finn songs.

Users who are viewing this thread