What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FFA Mid Year Song Draft - Sign-up and Round 1 today (1 Viewer)

19. Drugdealer - Madison

She'll probably keep it moving till the break of dawn
She's the kind of girl that's got it going on and on
Woah, she's gonna party like a debutant
Cause she's Madison

LIYL 70s Yacht Rock 😁

I’ve been listening to this group since @Eephus called them out in the new music thread a month or so ago. I would have picked it earlier but I couldn’t decide what song to choose off the album. 

18.YM - The Present Moment - Ball Park Music

In the rain, in the rain
How can I spend every night
Watching you all die
Scrolling your lives away?

I’ve been listening to this group since @Eephus called them out in the new music thread a month or so ago. I would have picked it earlier but I couldn’t decide what song to choose off the album. 

18.YM - The Present Moment - Ball Park Music

In the rain, in the rain
How can I spend every night
Watching you all die
Scrolling your lives away?
Nice

I drafted Manny in round 1.  This would’ve been my 2nd choice. 

After loving this album I checked their back catalogue. Their eponymous album from 2020 is even better. 

Round 18 Friday July 15

Round 19 Saturday July 16

Round 20 Sunday July 20
😕

Not sure what space-time continuum NV's living in, but here Sunday is the 17th.  😁

Anyway, thought I'd end this draft with one of my long time favorite artists.  Plus we needed more Swedish in the playlist.

20. Jens Lekman - Black Cab

They might be psycho killers
But tonight I really don't care
So I say turn up the music
Take me home or take me anywhere

Thanks for setting this up @Northern Voice,  And hats off to @Eephus for managing the playlist.

I haven’t picked since round 12. I’m much more of an album guy as opposed to someone who likes an assortment of songs. Although I made much more of an effort to listen to new music, 20 different artists in six months was more than was in my library. I debated adding a few more picks by different artists but decided I only wanted to pick good songs, not ones that were closer to just OK. 

I also didn’t want to take multiple songs from an album until others had a chance at them. I decided to want until the end.  So here goes:

13 Eat Men Eat — black midi

This album didn’t come out until Friday. It’s fantastic. Two songs came out before July 1. “Welcome to Hell”, which I picked in round 12 and this one. 

Bonus selection Sugar/Tzu — black midi

This just came out days ago so can’t be drafted. It’s the best music video I’ve ever seen in my life. By far. It’s also a good introduction to black midi if you’re unfamiliar. They can be hard to listen to at first. Certainly an acquired taste.

14 Bread Song — Black Country, New Road

15 Haldern — Black Country, New Road

Two more from my AOTY so far. I picked “Snow Globes” in the first round.

16 Blurred View — Big Thief

17 A Hairdryer — The Smile

18 Messing with the Settings — Craig Finn

19 Like Exploding Stones — Kurt Vile

20 A Coat of Butterflies — Kevin Morby

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll end off my playlist with something brooding, haunting, and moody. This album just dropped but this song was released a few months ago. 

20.YM - Something Changed - Interpol

I waited through shame for this
Are you there?

20.  Sondre Lerche - Avatars Of Love

So who are we, lost in the stars?
We're only flesh and smoke and mirrors from afar
This little trigger, a glitch in time
A song to tip the scale as we turn on a dime
Play all of "folklore" and all of "Blue"
Play half of "evermore" and all of "Down To You"
Play "Sunset Village", play "Multitudes"
Play every take on "In A Sentimental Mood"
"Águas de Março", "Waters Of March"
Any translation, key, or read from any chart
Play "Sherlock Holmes", play "Sacrifice"
Play "At The River" and then "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes"
Play "Watertown", I'll be in tears
"Slip Into Character" performed by Britney Spears
Play "Everytime" and then "Sex Kills"
And then "May Later" by the talented Blake Mills
Play "I'll Come Too" by Jimmy Blake
"A Case Of You" in any tapping you can take
Now play "The Kiss" by Judee Sill
Play "Jesus' Blood", play Lady Day sings "You're My Thrill"
Play "Left Alone" or "Omen 3"
"If You Could See Me Now" by Chet or Peggy Lee
Play "Signs" by Drake or "Signs" by Snoop
Play every single damn Disintegration Loop

The ten minute Sondre Lerche track pushes the playlist past fifteen hours.  That's 50 more picks and 3:15 longer than the 2021 Year-End Draft.
I had an 18+ minute song on my short list (it remains on my SoTY list)... had I known about this contest I would have picked it last ;)  

Well done, everyone.  I've been shuffling this sucker for the past two weeks and I'm still discovering new stuff with every listen.  Much appreciated.

Here's my addendum to the playlist.

I think Avril deserves to have one of her songs on this list so I'm nominating "Bite Me" from her latest album, "Luv Sux".

Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

I was surprised no one selected any COIN?  Can't let that happen.  I'll skip their one song that actually charted ("Chapstick") and select "Brad Pitt" to represent their contributions to the 2022 music scene.  I really enjoyed their latest album and encourage everyone to check it out.

COIN- Brad Pitt

I have no excuse for this selection other than there was a slow period in February where I wasn't connecting to any new music but I found this tune amusing in a novelty sort of way.

Bowling For Soup - I Wanna Be Brad Pitt

That's all I've got to offer.

Thanks again!

J

Well done, everyone.  I've been shuffling this sucker for the past two weeks and I'm still discovering new stuff with every listen.  Much appreciated.

Here's my addendum to the playlist.

I think Avril deserves to have one of her songs on this list so I'm nominating "Bite Me" from her latest album, "Luv Sux".

Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

I was surprised no one selected any COIN?  Can't let that happen.  I'll skip their one song that actually charted ("Chapstick") and select "Brad Pitt" to represent their contributions to the 2022 music scene.  I really enjoyed their latest album and encourage everyone to check it out.

COIN- Brad Pitt

I have no excuse for this selection other than there was a slow period in February where I wasn't connecting to any new music but I found this tune amusing in a novelty sort of way.

Bowling For Soup - I Wanna Be Brad Pitt

That's all I've got to offer.

Thanks again!

J

Added 

I finally made it to the end of the playlist. Thanks to all who contributed.

As always there was a bunch of new stuff I hadn't heard, especially with Emo and Pop-Punk stuff that's kind of off my radar these days. I added a bunch of songs from the draft to my 2022 personal playlist but they're all mixed up with new July releases and songs I've heard on the radio. I need a better system for this.

Users who are viewing this thread