What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 New York Football Giants (under new management of Schoen & Daboll) (1 Viewer)

I am not sure what Taylor was thinking by going into that tackle so hard. A slide would have been a better choice. If he manages the rest of the game, gets the win, he becomes every franchise's favorite player: The winning backup QB. He would have had people saying "oh clearly Taylor should be starting!!!" all week long.

Instead he inadvertently put the lie to what Johnson and others were saying: "Oh Jones can't stay healthy". Of course he can't. No QB can behind that crappy OL. Jones has survived longer than most QBs could. Taylor made it, what 3 whole drives?

Hopefully both of these guys heal quick.
I totally get why he did it. I mean, I wish he hadn't, but I understand. The drive before, he threw an INT into double coverage on a 1st down, so he probably felt the need to make up for that. Here it was a 3rd and 7, and there was no way he was picking up the first if he slid. If he hadn't gotten hurt, he would have been commended by many for keeping the drive alive.

Forget the dated wildcat,go even more retro and run an old school high school veer offense.
Jones(if healthy),Barkley,Brieda,Robinso(if he gets back),Toney(if he ever plays again) all rotate in the backfield.
Run,run and then run again. Throw an occasional pass off a fake. This team can only win close low scoring games right now,might as well control the clock,give the defense rest and win games with Gano.

I am not sure what Taylor was thinking by going into that tackle so hard. A slide would have been a better choice. If he manages the rest of the game, gets the win, he becomes every franchise's favorite player: The winning backup QB. He would have had people saying "oh clearly Taylor should be starting!!!" all week long.

Instead he inadvertently put the lie to what Johnson and others were saying: "Oh Jones can't stay healthy". Of course he can't. No QB can behind that crappy OL. Jones has survived longer than most QBs could. Taylor made it, what 3 whole drives?

Hopefully both of these guys heal quick.
I'm sure Davis Webb will be active next week and possibly starting if Jones cant go. They may even need to sign a QB if either is going to miss time

@RapSheet
#Giants WR Kenny Golladay suffered an MCL sprain in Sunday’s win over the #Bears and is not expected to make the trip to London, source said. A short-handed position group gets even more short-handed.

Link

@charlottecrrll

Daniel Jones went through all of media viewing portion of today’s practice. Did both individual stuff and team drills. He’s moving well.

In more encouraging news, receivers Kadarius Toney (hamstring) and Wan'Dale Robinson (knee) were listed as limited. There was hope that Robinson, injured in Week 1, might be ready to go by this weekend, but the Giants will continue to monitor his situation and see how he comes through the week.

The same can be said of Toney, who has dealt on and off with a hamstring strain. The Giants have been extra cautious with Toney, whose speed and quickness are a much-needed asset in the Giants' passing game.

The Giants also listed receiver Richie James (ankle) on the injury report as having not practiced, leaving David Sills V and Darius Slayton as the only two receivers on the 53-man roster not to be on the injury report.

JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson

Free agent S Landon Collins tells me he is signing with the #Giants and is heading to London now to be around his new team, per him.

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan

Landon Collins is taking the practice squad spot of veteran LB A.J. Klein, per source. Klein was added by the Giants earlier this week. He is being signed by another team off the Giants PSquad.

Last edited:
Giants signing Landon Collins to practice squad
Tyrod Taylor is heading to London even though he is still in the protocol
Toney DNP (was a LP yesterday)
Leo LP again today

Art Stapleton

@art_stapleton
Kadarius Toney will not travel to London with the Giants for Sunday's game. He is OUT.

Four others in same boat, and another big one: OLB Azeez Ojulari (calf), plus WR Kenny Golladay, DL Henry Mondeaux and CB Cor'Dale Flott.

Is it me or does Daniel Bellinger look like an absolute stud TE ???
Guy blocks , constantly makes big plays, can catch and run ... I dont think we've seen nearly the best of him yet.
I think we have a top 5-7 TE for the firt time in a real long time

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Injury updates
-- #Giants DT DJ Davidson suffered an MCL sprain, source said, and tests will determine how long he's out. But going to miss time.

Edit: Torn ACL, done for the year.

Last edited:
Is it me or does Daniel Bellinger look like an absolute stud TE ???
Guy blocks , constantly makes big plays, can catch and run ... I dont think we've seen nearly the best of him yet.
I think we have a top 5-7 TE for the firt time in a real long time
Not sure i see absolute stud TE, but it's nice watching him develop. getting better each week.

After those last two pass ATTEMPTS by Mr. Rogers I SWEAR I heard Tug McGraw...."Ya Gotta Believe!"

Gary Myers

@GaryMyersNY

Bill Parcells told me he was screaming at TV for Brian Daboll to take a safety at the end of the game, which he did. Parcells was an elite game manager, so that's a strong endorsement of Daboll's game day skills. BP also said this was best Giants victory in 5 yrs. Once a Giant...

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge Daboll fan, but I’ve never played a single snap of football, and I even anticipated the safety, and there’s nothing elite about my game day skills 😄

I didn't see the 2nd half because I had to travel. I thought I would hear the 2nd half on XM NFL Channel but it was not on. Side note I'm not sure why that channel wasn't carrying the game since it was a standalone game, they carry the Sunday night game which I listened to on my way back home last night. Anyway I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Giants held the Packers scoreless in the 2nd half and won the game.
All I can say is that coaching matters. I like the direction the team is going, hope they can get healthy

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge Daboll fan, but I’ve never played a single snap of football, and I even anticipated the safety, and there’s nothing elite about my game day skills 😄
My first thought was take the safty but then I thought if GB runs back the punt the Giants lose.
If that happened ... nobody would think it was a good call

If you win it's the right call ... if you lose it's not

The safety wasn't going to guarantee the win. The only thing that could have guaranteed the win was getting a first down. Everything about that drive was risk management. The safety was all about trading 2 points for more field position and not risking a blocked punt. Any other possible choice also has "what-ifs". What if they try to get a first down and they fumble? What if they punt and it gets run back. What if they punt and it gets blocked? Etc.

I, too, was calling for them to run around and waste as much time in the end zone as possible. Sadly, not one voice mail on Monday morning asking me to take a game day strategy position on an NFL team.

D.J. Moore said to be on the trading block.
What ya'll think?
Try to get him?
Pass?
What would you offer?

The New York Giants left London with a big upset win over the Green Bay Packers Sunday.
They also left without their punter.
Jamie Gillan, affectionately known as "The Scottish Hammer," is reportedly having passport issues and wasn’t allowed back in the states, the NFL Network reported.

Man I tell you Monday’s just hit different when your favorite NFL team wins on Sunday.

It’s been a long time since I felt this good about Giants football. Outside of the record (which I didn’t expect) they are what I expected them to be and that is competitive and fun to watch.

What' great is this team is in a rebuild,yet they are in every game(and winning most). Coaching DOES make a difference. This staff is showing they can stay in games with most of Gettleman's group. Give them three years to get the type of players they want and The NFC East will look like The NFC Beast of the 80's.. with Big Blue leading the way!

Coaching has definitely brought out the best in these players but the Giants last 4 drafts are paying off big time!
I hate to give Gettleman any credit but there are 19 players (not Including Barkley) form his last 3 drafts on this roster, many of them are making huge contributions and a few who are expected to help soon *

1 Saquon Barkley

1 Daniel Jones
1 Dexter Lawrence
1 Deandre Baker
3 Oshane Ximines
4 Julian Love
5 Ryan Connelly
5 Darius Slayton
6 Corey Ballentine
7 George Asafo-Adjei
7 Chris Slayton

1 Andrew Thomas
2 Xavier McKinney
3 Matt Peart *
4 Darnay Holmes
5 Shane Lemieux *
6 Cam Brown
7 Carter Coughlin
7 T.J. Brunson
7 Chris Williamson
7 Tae Crowder

1 Kadarius Toney *
2 Azeez Ojulari
3 Aaron Robinson
4 Elerson Smith *
6 Gary Brightwell
6 Rodarius William *

All 11 Picks are on the team ... Though 3 are on IR
1 Kayvon Thibodeaux
1 Evan Neal
2 Wan'Dale Robinson
3 Joshua Ezeudu
3 Cordale Flott
4 Daniel Bellinger
4 Dane Belton
5 Micah McFadden
5 D.J. Davidson (injured)
5 Marcus McKethan (injured)
6 Darrian Beavers (injured)

I'd never seen this D formation, think they did it twice the game if i recall correctly, but Baldy breaks it down.

link
Reading up on Wink and his defense this offseason is the reason I thought this team would be fun to watch again. I'm the weirdo in my group of football friends that likes and pays more attention to the defense than offense. Watching the different alignments and blitz packages is fun and exciting. You know at any time the defense could give up a big play, but they are challenging the offense to do so under pressure.

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21

Not expecting OLB Azeez Ojulari (calf) or OLB Oshane Ximines (quad) to play on Sunday after hearing from Daboll. This will be three straight games and five games total that Ojulari has missed. Would expect Quincy Roche to get elevated from the practice squad for Sunday.

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21

Just to hit on the other IR/PUP guys: OL Matt Peart said he’s getting close. CB Rodarius Williams looks like he’s close. OL Shane Lemieux is making progress, but probably a few weeks away. There’s also some strategy with the timing on when starting players’ clocks.

Users who are viewing this thread