What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (3 Viewers)

Kempski stole an idea of finding other team's fan posts during the game and making an article out of it. Pretty entertaining.

Micah Parsons got roasted by NBCSportsPhilly main account after the CMAC TD joking about the Eagles not tackling. It was great. Seeing more and more of this clown commenting so glad we didn't get him. He sounds like the type of guy who has talent but will do more chirping before games then he does anything in games now.

i have liked to check in with opposing team podcasts and youtube shows when we are matched up against them to get a different point of view. i do have to say that the SF base though might be one of the worst. i hate casting a big net, because there are some quality one's, but the amount of griping about the refs/calls and the stating how unlucky they were with the Purdy injury is a little too nauseating for my hungover self.

speaking of the injury, if I am Purdy i am a little upset with some of my teammates this morning. listening to the Eagles' players after the game, it seems the 49ers playing stating how they were coming "violent" and "tough" struck a nerve. it seemed like the George Kittle one gave the Eagles defense a little extra chip on their shoulder going into this game the most.

you poke the bear..........
The Niners fans and media should be upset at their own defense for losing their composure. They cost their team big-time and came completely unglued at the end.

I'd be pissed at Shanahan for putting a back up TE on Reddick which injured my QB. coaching malpractice right there.

i have liked to check in with opposing team podcasts and youtube shows when we are matched up against them to get a different point of view. i do have to say that the SF base though might be one of the worst. i hate casting a big net, because there are some quality one's, but the amount of griping about the refs/calls and the stating how unlucky they were with the Purdy injury is a little too nauseating for my hungover self.

speaking of the injury, if I am Purdy i am a little upset with some of my teammates this morning. listening to the Eagles' players after the game, it seems the 49ers playing stating how they were coming "violent" and "tough" struck a nerve. it seemed like the George Kittle one gave the Eagles defense a little extra chip on their shoulder going into this game the most.

you poke the bear..........
Look no further than the team thread here. Purdy getting hurt is tough for them, but lets be honest, we all predicted the Eagles D-line would be a game changer and they were. Hell, I literally said in the game thread "Time for Brock Purdy to meet Hassan Reddick" two minutes before he literally did. Our dline did its job. Also, the SF Defense got chewed up and spit out by this offense. We ground them down to bloody stumps. But yeah, SF is still "the better team". What a bunch of poor sports.
Its amazing how all season long all we heard from the national media was about Parsons and then Bosa. Reddick was every bit as good or better. But yeah, tell me more about Bosa. An injured Lane Johnson faced him all game long and didn't give up a hurry or hit, much less a sack.

I want to talk about how an injured Lane Johnson is still better then Trent Williams healthy. Been hearing how great Twill is for yrs and he got schooled

Not sure how true it ends up but post game interview Gannon said he’s not going anywhere and will be back.

Only job he seemed in the running for was HOU and not it seems like DeMeco Ryans is getting it so probably true. Good for 2 reasons.

1. Gannon is awesome

2. It pisses off Seth Joyner more.

I think we can all agree that both fan bases are nauseating. Along with most others in this league. And all other leagues.
Basically, everyone is awful. Which I agree with and why I always hate when Philly fans get the national spotlight on poor behavior. Every fanbase is bad because bad people are everywhere.

I remember being on the Phillies message board during the O8 WS run and hearing what fans went through when in LA playing the dodgers. Ushers at the stadium were giving people bags to put their Phillies gear in for their own safety to not get killed out there. The **** I heard Philly fans went through there you'd think LA was nothing but gangbangers and thugs at the stadium. I heard numerous horror stories but I didn't see or hear **** from the national media about it.

Also didn't the league stop having the SF vs OAK Pre season game after an all out Battle royal inside the stadium with numerious fans that one year in preseason? It made news for a week then you didn't hear a dam thing about it since. If that was Philly it'd be brought up constantly.

I personally don't care anymore and if I'm at a sporting event and see one of our own acting like a jackass I try to tell them to knock it off or get security. Like the clown trolling Joey Bosa yesterday as he's trying to get into the game with his family. Dude what ******* goes after a player when they are with family.

Trying to recall all the pity PHI got in 2019 vs. SEA in the playoffs when Wentz was lost for the game (on a dirty hit, no less) and we had to play with Josh McCown, who tore his hamstring shortly after getting in the game but gutted it out. There were tons of media invalidating that win for SEA that I just can't remember, right? :ponder:

Still only lost by 8, btw. Because our not-vaunted defense stepped up and held Russel Wilson and DK Metcalf to 17, keeping us in it. Just saying.

Funny how no one wants to talk about that dirty hit either. If that was Brady they'd be wanting people arrested.

The cognitive dissonance in those replies tho...

"Hurts sucks, all these guys can do is run, he would be a 3rd stringer here"
but also...
"Man Eagles are lucky, all the 49ers can do is run, however can they win"
Its like people don't realize they're getting their butts kicked by a QB with a hurt throwing shoulder and a RT with a torn groin muscle rendering your "all-world" pass rushers ineffective.

The whine is delicious.
• What a disgrace. If I'm a Philly fan I feel terrible winning this way. (49ers)

If I'm a 49er fan, I'm furious that the coaches didn't know how to make changes to blocking assignments to protect their QB. I don't feel terrible in the least.
Not just that, but when they were running and driving they let the pay clock run all the way down every time. No urgency. Felt like they (coaches) had given up and were just running out the clock. I know the odds were against them when they could only run, but why not go some kind of hurry up and keep running, wear down the d-line, etc...make a game of it? I was confused but thrilled they gave up to early.
my guess is there gameplan before the game started was miling the clock and keeping the Eagles offense off the field, like Commanders, Texans and Saints did. i think they just never switched up their plan after being down multiple scores

Kyle SHanahan can game plan for a week he's great but sucks at any in game adjustments

Im not a homer but don’t get the “haven’t played anyone” argument. You play who is on the schedule. Eagles win convincingly which is what good teams and well coached teams do. They aren’t the Vikings. Vikings were lucky as hell this year in one score games. Vikings got their **** kicked by Dallas after they won on the road on Buffalo.

I think it’s a good match coming up for us nfl fans
This is my feeling as well. You play who you play. We played 10 teams with winning records and beat all but one. The bigger point is we weren't, like you said, like the Vikings that won a bunch of squeakers. We trucked every team we beat when Jalen played, with the exception of Washington (that game we fumbled three times). We just had a divisional round and NFCCG where we sat our starters. Both games. Because we gave up 7 points to the opposing team while dropping 30+ points on them. Eagles are and have been the best team in the league all year. Its not really that close. I am so pumped for this Super Bowl. In 2017 we were riding the fairy dust feeling of Foles' beatdown of Minny in the NFCCG but we all were terrified of Brady. We got through that obviously. I don't fear KC. I don't fear Mahomes. I don't fear Kelce. I don't fear Andy. Mad respect for all of them, but we are a better team. In two weeks I'll be hosting a Super Bowl party that will end like the last one I hosted. Hugs, tears, fireworks and smiles. I. can. not. wait.

I agree with playing who's on your schedule can't fault. The NFL was just so whacky this year. I feel a few of these teams who they think are good overachieved this year and will fall down to earth next year. Minny was a fraud all year. They play well up until when it matters most then crumble I think NYG is a fairly solid but not as good as their record. I can see them at .5OO or so next year. Dal will still be good depending what they do. SF is still pretty good. The NFC overall is just mediocre as a whole. Rams should be better and had a ton of injuries this year. ARZ might be bad next year. Feels more like we peaked at the right time this year and took advantage of it. I just hope if they do win the SB they aren't complacent again and do fix the holes they have rather then band aid them like 17

It's funny how the last two Eagles Superbowl seasons have included an overplayed ad campaign with a repetitive catchphrase.

2017-18: Dilly dilly
2022-23: WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
Man it's just insane we're back in the Super Bowl. Just a few years ago, but almost the entire roster (players and coaches) have flipped. Probably not a coincidence the few that were here for both are on the lines. But still...crazy. 2 years ago we're a 4 win team.

Maybe this means in 2025 we'll trade Hurts, fire Siriani - and be back in the Super Bowl in 2027? ;)

Man it's just insane we're back in the Super Bowl. Just a few years ago, but almost the entire roster (players and coaches) have flipped. Probably not a coincidence the few that were here for both are on the lines. But still...crazy. 2 years ago we're a 4 win team.

Maybe this means in 2025 we'll trade Hurts, fire Siriani - and be back in the Super Bowl in 2027? ;)
Howie is really good at what he does. When you build in the trenches, everything else is a lot easier.

Drafting Hurts was such a great decision even before he took that big step forward as a passer this year.

For the record, here is who was on the 2017 roster and is still here:

Kelce
Lane
Seumalo
Cox
Graham
Barnett
Elliott
Lovato

Barnett getting 2 rings for nothing would be something.

:homer:

When the season started I was kinda worried. I looked at all the Eagles roster moves and I said to myself, prolly for the first time ever, "I think we have really improved our team across the board". So entering the season I knew we would be doomed for something like a Dream Team II or else. Look, there goes Howie again trying to buy a Super Bowl window. All these great names, great stats, only to have them asomugha into the sunset. What a let down year!

I should also add, I am not a Hurts fan. I watched him at OU and he was an excellent college player. Lots of yards, gun-slinger, winning attitude, blah blah blah. When he got to the Eagles I was pissed. I could see in his first season as a starter we were in trouble. He was not the pure passer Wentz was. He was not the savvy passer Foles was. He was not the athlete Vick was. He was not the bounce passer McNabb was.

So our season starts and we are playing well. The addition of Bradbury and Reddick immediately paying dividends. This was nice to see for a change. As the season progressed, we continued to play well. I can guarantee you I was the first person to beg for a loss. Hell no did I want to go into the playoffs undefeated. Then Jalen got injured. With it being his shoulder I was worried how long it would linger. We lost and didn't look good in the process. However, when Jalen came back in the last game of the season, I could see he just needed to shake the rust off. One thing I think not being mentioned is Hurts got to rest his body during that injury. Do you know how many players would love to sit out a couple weeks at the end of the regular season to heal up? The answer is "all of them". Jalen got a couple weeks rest at the most important part of the season. He got 1 week to shake off the rust and roll into the playoffs. TBH - it was kinda perfect.

Our defense in the Super Bowl XXXIX run was suspect. In addition, Andy Reid was (still is!) the worst half-time adjustment coach ever. Not to mention McNabb being McNabb and our best WR in franchise history gets injured on a tackle which is now illegal (thanks Roy!). In Super Bowl LII, it was a magical season. The beginning of the season we rode Wentz all the way to the playoffs. Folks may not remember, but he was a legit MVP candidate until the injury. Then Foles steps in and plays balls out. I mean, some of the best throwing I have ever season. All of the bounces went our way including the Brady finger-tip-drop. We seemed to get all of the coin-flips during this time.

In conclusion, in all my years as an Eagles fan, this is by far the most confident I have ever been. Entering these playoffs I simply felt like the better team and I can never remember feeling this before. I can't see any team beating us. Will KC beat us? Well, they did score a FG with like 13 seconds left on the clock so clearly anything is possible. That said, if they do I would be surprised. This team has strong coaching, strong game plans, strong in-game adjustments, pro-bowl players, and finally a world class leader at QB. Maybe not the most QB gifted individual, but a pure leader who knows how to win games with his feet and his arm. He seems to have a high IQ with pre-snap reads as well as going through his routes. Is he the best possible QB? Well ... he is the best QB for the Eagles right now. I believe we will beat KC soundly. I also believe this Eagles team will go down as the best Eagles team in the history of the franchise

:homer:

For the record, here is who was on the 2017 roster and is still here:

Kelce
Lane
Seumalo
Cox
Graham
Barnett
Elliott
Lovato

Barnett getting 2 rings for nothing would be something.
Well it wasn't nothing in the first one. He kind of had a part in a big play.

Food for Thought:

Parallels between 2017 and 2022 Eagles:

In 2017:

• The Eagles were the number one seed in the NFC with 3 losses.
  • The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl was the number one seed in the AFC with 3 losses (New England).
  • The Eagles starting QB, who was frontrunner for the MVP, got hurt in the 4th to last game of the regular season (Wentz).
  • The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl had the QB who was the league MVP (Brady).
  • The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl had a QB and TE who were both 1st team All Pro (Brady and Gronkowski).
  • Nick Foles started his first game of the regular season with 3 games left in the regular season (with Philadelphia).
  • The Eagles head coach was a first-time head coach in his second season (Pederson).
  • The Eagles starting QB was in his second season as full time starter (Wentz).
  • The Eagles Opponent in the Super Bowl was in the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in 4 years (New England).
  • On January 21st 2018, the Eagles beat the Minnesota Vikings 38-7 (NFC Championship).
  • Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson were 1st team All Pro.
  • The Houston Astros won the World Series in November 2017.

In 2022:

• The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl was the number one seed in the AFC with 3 losses (Kansas City).
  • The Eagles starting QB, who was frontrunner for the MVP, got hurt in the 4th to last game of the regular season (Hurts).
  • The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl had the QB who will be the league MVP (Mahomes).
  • The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl had a QB and TE who were both 1st team All Pro (Mahomes and Kelce).
  • Nick Foles started his first game of the regular season with 3 games left in the regular season (With Indianapolis).
  • The Eagles head coach was a first-time head coach in his second season (Sirianni).
  • The Eagles starting QB was in his second season as full time starter (Hurts).
  • The Eagles Opponent in the Super Bowl was in the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in 4 years (Kansas City).
  • On January 21st 2023, the Eagles beat the New York Giants 38-7 (NFC Divisional Round).
  • The Houston Astros won the World Series in November 2022.

Keep in mind on the last one, 2017 and 2022 are the only years in their 61 year history that the Astros have won the World Series. If the Eagles win the Super Bowl this year, 2017 and 2022 will be the only years in the 57 years of Super Bowls that the Eagles won the Super Bowl

man, these look even worse than i thought. i knew Reddick was lined up against TE's and won, but sheesh. i do think Shanahan has some accountability for these:

Joe Thomas
@joethomas73
All the people criticizing, Kyle Shanahan for blocking Hassan Redick with their tight end, need to be criticizing any team that runs effective play action passing all season long You can’t have it both ways, you either always put your OL on the best pass rushers…
---------------
Grant Cohn
@grantcohn

The 49ers let this game get away from them when Kyle Shanahan failed to challenge an obvious drop on 4th and 3 in the red zone and then asked Tyler Kroft to block Hassan Reddick on the following series. That's all it took.

More JT on the decision to block Riddick with a TE.
---------------------------------------
Joe Thomas@joethomas73
and then your play action never looks like the run, and you never get that advantage, or, you pick and choose your opportunities to run play action for huge chunk plays and you remain one of the best offenses in the NFL
Joe Thomas
@joethomas73
There’s a reason that Shanahan disciples running his offenses are taking over the league… It’s because it works, not every time, but that is The basics of running outside zone and play action pass. You have to count on your TEs and RBs to occasionally block good pass rushers…
Joe Thomas@joethomas73
And your QB just understands where the strengths and weaknesses in the protection are, and where he can slide and move in the pocket to buy time for downfield throws
--------------------------------------------
Joseph Danna
@JosephDanna21
Joe we are criticizing him for using a tight end that wasn’t even dressed last week. The best blocking TE in the league is on the roster.
Joe Thomas
@joethomas73
So you want your best pass out catching weapon to be blocking? You would criticize Shanahan if he did that! Also, the TE did a relatively decent job, and this situation you’re told to lose slowly to the outside, and that’s exactly what he did. Not sure Kittle would do better
---------------------
Mike M 1f1fa-1f1f8.png
@mpm3763
Joe putting his Wisconsin education to work with these hot takes! 1f44a-1f3fb.png1f4aa-1f3fb.png

Food for Thought:

In 2017:

• The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl was the number one seed in the AFC with 3 losses (New England).
  • The Eagles starting QB, who was frontrunner for the MVP, got hurt in the 4th to last game of the regular season (Wentz).
  • The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl had the QB who was the league MVP (Brady).
  • The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl had a QB and TE who were both 1st team All Pro (Brady and Gronkowski).
  • Nick Foles started his first game of the regular season with 3 games left in the regular season (with Philadelphia).
  • The Eagles head coach was a first-time head coach in his second season (Pederson).
  • The Eagles Opponent in the Super Bowl was in the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in 4 years (New England).
  • On January 21st 2018, the Eagles beat the Minnesota Vikings 38-7 (NFC Championship).

In 2022:

• The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl was the number one seed in the AFC with 3 losses (Kansas City).
  • The Eagles starting QB, who was frontrunner for the MVP, got hurt in the 4th to last game of the regular season (Hurts).
  • The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl had the QB who will be the league MVP (Mahomes).
  • The Eagles opponent in the Super Bowl had a QB and TE who were both 1st team All Pro (Mahomes and Kelce).
  • Nick Foles started his first game of the regular season with 3 games left in the regular season (With Indianapolis).
  • The Eagles head coach was a first-time head coach in his second season (Sirianni).
  • The Eagles Opponent in the Super Bowl was in the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in 4 years (Kansas City).
  • On January 21st 2023, the Eagles beat the New York Giants 38-7 (NFC Divisional Round).

Keep in mind on the last one, 2017 and 2022 are the only years in their 61 year history that the Astros have won the World Series. If the Eagles win the Super Bowl this year, 2017 and 2022 will be the only years in the 57 years of Super Bowls that the Eagles won the Super Bowl
Very neat stuff

Food for Thought:

In 2017:

In 2022:

And Golden State won the NBA title in both 2017 and 2022.

More JT on the decision to block Riddick with a TE.
---------------------------------------
Joe Thomas@joethomas73
and then your play action never looks like the run, and you never get that advantage, or, you pick and choose your opportunities to run play action for huge chunk plays and you remain one of the best offenses in the NFL
Joe Thomas
@joethomas73
There’s a reason that Shanahan disciples running his offenses are taking over the league… It’s because it works, not every time, but that is The basics of running outside zone and play action pass. You have to count on your TEs and RBs to occasionally block good pass rushers…
Joe Thomas@joethomas73
And your QB just understands where the strengths and weaknesses in the protection are, and where he can slide and move in the pocket to buy time for downfield throws
--------------------------------------------
Joseph Danna
@JosephDanna21
Joe we are criticizing him for using a tight end that wasn’t even dressed last week. The best blocking TE in the league is on the roster.
Joe Thomas
@joethomas73
So you want your best pass out catching weapon to be blocking? You would criticize Shanahan if he did that! Also, the TE did a relatively decent job, and this situation you’re told to lose slowly to the outside, and that’s exactly what he did. Not sure Kittle would do better
---------------------
Mike M View attachment 3423
@mpm3763
Joe putting his Wisconsin education to work with these hot takes! View attachment 3424View attachment 3425
with us having 2 weeks before the next game it is fun to digest some of the stuff. here is a youtube show i have begun watching from some former Packers, who are objective with this. . they break down some of this pretty good. only touch on that play a bit, but it does explain with the film some of the holes in the blocking schemes. I for one think that there is some responsibility there for Shanahan to take with getting so many injuries to the QB position, but i could be wrong. Just glad it isn't the Eagles having to deal with it

that Christian Mcaffrey run though smh :bag:

Eagles went 9-1 against winning teams this year. This has only happened twice in the history of the NFL. They did so by an average winning margin of 17 points. The narrative that they had an easy schedule is so wrong its crazy.
It’s true. And there is a ton of Eagles hate out there. Sour grapes from a lot of bitter fans. The best thing, to me, is since we finally got rhe monkey off our backs in ‘17, idgaf.

It legit makes me laugh out loud now to read the comments from some 49er fans and the Dallas fans that come in here. This team is damn good. If they win the Lombardi, probably the best Eagles team, ever.

Another Super Bowl win? Man, let them talk. This team earned where they’re at, and have a great shot at being champions.

It legit makes me laugh out loud now to read the comments from some 49er fans and the Dallas fans that come in here. This team is damn good. If they win the Lombardi, probably the best Eagles team, ever.

Another Super Bowl win? Man, let them talk. This team earned where they’re at, and have a great shot at being champions.
The weak schedule and the "Hurts is an RB playing QB" narrative that still gets floated around is both ignorant and funny. The team just keeps on beating everyone on their schedule - by a lot.

The weak schedule and the "Hurts is an RB playing QB" narrative that still gets floated around is both ignorant and funny. The team just keeps on beating everyone on their schedule - by a lot.
This and the "they haven't played anybody/they must be frauds" silly preconceived narratives people had pre-season along with "NFC EAST IS WEAK" all have evaporated. Doesn't stop people from doubling down, which is annoying. Which, why a lot of us ignore a certain Eagles fan on this very board. If you can't eventually accept reality in sports, why do you even watch? So to hope your narrative eventually becomes truth I guess.

GO BIRDS.

Would you feel better if people said he's a system QB like Russel Wilson? All these people thought Wilson was great and it looks like he was a system QB. Nothing wrong with that. Also people called Brady a System QB for yrs till he left NE. Now people are wondering if it was more success because of Brady then Bill.

Last edited:
Shane Steichen is a front runner for the Colts job. I'd advise Shane not to take that job with the way the owner is honestly. Good for him if he takes it bad for us IMHO if he does.

Shane Steichen is a front runner for the Colts job. I'd advise Shane not to take that job with the way the owner is honestly. Good for him if he takes it bad for us IMHO if he does.
I'd advise him not to take the job, just because he is a great O Coordinator and he needs to stay here. But, he's not answering my calls.

Eagles went 9-1 against winning teams this year. This has only happened twice in the history of the NFL. They did so by an average winning margin of 17 points. The narrative that they had an easy schedule is so wrong its crazy.
It’s true. And there is a ton of Eagles hate out there. Sour grapes from a lot of bitter fans. The best thing, to me, is since we finally got rhe monkey off our backs in ‘17, idgaf.

I've been arguing, since probably the Titans game, that this is the best Eagles team I've ever seen. That includes '17 and it includes '04. Obviously to be the best you have to win your last game, but I have so much confidence going into this Super Bowl. As a typically pessimistic birds fan, its a really weird feeling.

Yea just saw this and thought "who the **** is that?" Nagana... Nagana... Not gonna be here anymore anyway.

See ya later. My only question is this happened in 19" so why did anyone let him play or make the team? No way this was hidden if this was in his records or maybe the Eagles got info that there wouldn't be charges and the case would be thrown out? Honestly any type of crime like that or DV I want my team to have zero part in said player. Its why I was totally against draft Joe Mixon.

I'd advise him not to take the job, just because he is a great O Coordinator and he needs to stay here. But, he's not answering my calls.

The great OC is where my Bad for us if he goes comes from. Just afraid he leaves Hurts takes multiple steps back. We all saw what happened to Wentz and we know Hurts history of not having the same people consistently does for him. I hope for us and him if Steichen does leave he can be successful but history isn't on Hurts side with OC carousal.

Yea just saw this and thought "who the **** is that?" Nagana... Nagana... Not gonna be here anymore anyway.
I had to look him up, apparently he played in one game - possibly only one snap. He's a UFA who I'm guessing spends most of his time on the PS.

Bye. :bye:
I do believe Stoutland was high on him and possible development into a road grader-type OG. Oh well can't have this stuff happening gtfoh bye.

it is funny how much this story got out there. i had 2 alerts on my phone from ESPN and Fox News, and like 3 texts come in like immediately. guess the sites are really wanting clicks and stories to discus during this 1st week of the Super Bowl. and totally agree, literally listen all day for the past 4-5 months about the Eagles for probably 4 hours or so, and i don't think i have ever heard the dude's name. i am guessing he is a practice squad guy?

either way, hate to make the guy guilty without knowing any info, but i am sure this is a "bye for now". we can see if he can clear his name, and i am sure some org will pick him up regardless of the outcome. Luckily Eagles have a strong locker room and culture, so this dude is probably already gone

i think i definitely fit in the "old" category, but holy moly that was a tough sit through to listen to her just ramble on. Worst part was i got a call for work, and didn't realize that it just autoplays her next videos and keeps going :wall:

honestly kind of hope Fred Warner gets traded here this off-season after that.

See ya later. My only question is this happened in 19" so why did anyone let him play or make the team? No way this was hidden if this was in his records or maybe the Eagles got info that there wouldn't be charges and the case would be thrown out? Honestly any type of crime like that or DV I want my team to have zero part in said player. Its why I was totally against draft Joe Mixon.
Innocent until proven guilty. I'm sure a lot of these guys get accused. They were probably waiting for actual charges to happen. Now that they have, doubt he's around long.

Lions
Vikings
Commanders
Jaguars
Cardinals
Cowboys (no Dak)
Steelers
Texans
Colts
Packers
Titans
Giants
Bears
Saints

Which part of that schedule wasn’t easy?

And before anyone goes off the rails, I’m not saying that the Eagles aren’t a good team.
But to continue saying the schedule wasn’t easy is …….cmon man

Micah Parsons will be cheering for the Eagles on Super Bowl Sunday The Dallas Cowboys pass rusher believes in NFC East Supremacy and isn’t afraid to tell you about it.

Say what you will about Dallas Cowboys pass rusher Micah Parsons, and believe me I have, but he is a man who doesn’t care what the haters and losers think. After the Philadelphia Eagles punched their ticket to the Super Bowl by drilling the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Championship Game, Parsons — a Harrisburg, Pennsylvania native — was singing the praises of Birds’ All-Pro offensive tackle Lane Johnson.

Parsons has had the Eagles on his mind a lot this season and has had plenty to say about them too, with not all of it being complimentary, but he told Johnson “Love you big bro!” and to “go win a bowl for our division!”

Love you big bro! Keep going! Not many like you! Definitely not playing like you healthy or with a torn groin! Go win a bowl for our division!
— Micah Parsons (@MicahhParsons11) January 29, 2023

When you combine Parsons’ comments with the Empire State Building being lit up in green on Sunday night, it would appear that we are just waiting on Daniel Snyder’s Washington Commanders to build some sort of statue of Jalen Hurts, that will invariably collapse and injure someone, to complete the NFC East Circle of Support.

Everyone had an opinion on Parsons’ vocal support of a division rival winning the Super Bowl, most of which was negative, but he does not really care what anyone thinks, saying “I have no Shame! The league is a brotherhood ! I’ll never pray down on another man success nor be ashamed to say I’m happy for my brothers success!”

You people are sick! You will sit in your own misery because of lack of accomplishments than root for others!! I have no Shame! The league is a brotherhood ! I’ll never pray down on another man success nor be ashamed to say I’m happy for my brothers success! https://t.co/eMwd2UgpZg
— Micah Parsons (@MicahhParsons11) February 1, 2023

As a long-time Hater of many, many things, I would find it difficult to cheer for the Cowboys even if they were playing against an invading army of space monsters for the fate of the planet, let alone in the Super Bowl against the Kansas City Chiefs. I find it gauche when Arkansas fans crow about the SEC winning national titles in football when they themselves haven’t won one since 1964 and I, as a Wisconsin alum, won’t cheer for other Big Ten teams in bowl games either, but Parsons is not confined by my narrow-mindedness apparently.

With Cowboys writers proclaiming the Eagles as the “modern standard” of success in the NFL are we entering a new, more convivial, era of NFC East football? If it results in Philadelphia’s rivals supporting them as they win Super Bowls I think I’m all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread