What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (7 Viewers)

Watson rumors flying again today too

After watching these games we definitely need a QB sooner rather than later and more weapons.  

Is it from the one guy again? Watson has made it clear he's not coming here. The guy who initial reported it throws things up against a wall hoping it sticks. 

I know Scheftar said that Howie Sent a PI down there to check on Watson but I think this was months ago and Scheftar is just saying it now. 

I'm not opposed to Russell Wilson either - just dont want to give up the farm for ~3 years. A first and Hurts? Sure.  Nothing higher though, imo.

a 3rd and Hurts and the 3rd can move up to 2 or a 1 based on incentives like Watson playing time, playoff appearances and SB win. If Watson gets suspended (not sure how plausible this is or has happened) that pick becomes a 4 or 5th rounder. No one is trading for Watson without guarantees though he's playing. 

The court hearings I think start March and then May 2nd is the trial date or something. The Draft is April 28-30 this year. So any trades that do occur for Watson may likely occur over the summer. These are key dates to remember because I don't think anyone is giving up draft capital in this years draft knowing a trial date is may 2nd. There was apparently a legal agreement with all the people involved but 4 backed out. 

Side note, I heard some writer speculate that the reason Pederson was getting no interest is because he was being blackballed for tanking against the Giants last year (I think people forget how bad Hurts was in that first half).

Let me guess some NY writer? I don't think Doug is getting blackballed. Forget who reported it maybe Ian but he didn't like the Jacksonville job like other candidates as well because they don't want to deal with Trent Balke. He's difficult to work with and Balke was the GM in SF when Colin Kaepernick was there. From what I've heard is a lot of players and Harbaugh didn't like how SF management and the York's (owners) treated CK with kid gloves and always protected him. Baalke was apparently one of CK"s biggest defenders when there when someone went wrong (all of this was before the Social Justice stuff btw). Harbaugh was basically told to stop picking on CK despite the fact CK had a very poor work ethic after getting his contract extension among other things. Baalke also released ALdon Smith despite SF needing talent as players were leaving left and right because of him, do to the fact Aldon was one of the main leaders in the separation of not wanting CK at QB. Smith ended up in a physical altercation with Colin when he found out Colin was banging his GF Nessa (CK's current GF) who since then the public has found out is a locker room rat, at the same time she was still dating Smith. The off the field DUI thing before the season gave Baalke reason to release Aldon without making it look like he was trying to protect the QB. SF was a total ####show at the end under Baalke and a lot of people questioned his hiring by JAX

Either way going back to Doug I'm starting to suspect they may not like his choices in assistant coaches or something else. Maybe Doug was just never HC material and just caught lightning in a bottle that one year. 

The entire Doug Pederson era has humbled me in so many ways too. How him and Wentz looked to start and how the finished is just a huge lesson in how little you really can predict the future in this sport or players. After the SB there was so many things I was sure of and nearly all of them held true lol

The Eagles had major issues still despite winning the SB. Their problem was keeping bandaids on wounds that needed surgery and eventually became so infected they had to amputate instead. I think if we had fixed those holes instead of acting after the SB everything was fine than we could've been in better shape. In the end though I think us not addressing those holes allowed us to see the issues with Doug sooner 

I thought for sure when he pulled out on Indy that it would be the end of his hiring days until BB retires and then the Pats might turn it over to him for a while. 

I'm shocked that he is going to be a Head Coach next year. 

And I'm more shocked he would take a job in the AFC...is BB retiring the same time with Brady? The reason that seems wild to me are 4 Big Guns at QB right now...Allen-Burrow-Mahomes-Herbert and he doesn't have any of these guys and even worse he might see 2 of them 4x a year if not more should he be able to get the LVR into the Playoffs. 

I cringe thinking about this guy as a head coach again, it won't take long for the locker room to start leaking things. He cannot rule with an iron fist the way BB does in New England, they won't let him get away with it, no now. 

My initial reaction is similar to when they announced Meyer in Jax, many of you saw that thread and what I wrote splashed across the title. 

I just stated in here the patriot way iron fist doesn't work as much. BB established this with success years ago. The NE assistants haven't done a dame thing and are too arrogant and can't get out of their own way. Only Mike Vrabel Think has figured things out but thats 1 in how many BB assistants? Now look at Andy Reid and others coaching trees and look at the success his former assistance are. Hell Doug Pederson has had more success then many of the NE asistiance ever had. 

And he might have to do it without Carr if some of the earlier reports are true that Carr may ask for a trade if he's not happy with the coach/direction of the team as they undergo this makeover. Maybe they got his blessing and that's why they moved so fast on McDaniels? 

Of course, Carr only has 1 year left so the decision might not even be his. Maybe the new GM doesn't think Carr is worth extending or franchising and they move him and go full on rebuild. That would buy McDaniels more time, I guess.  

But, totally agree, I don't see the appeal of him as a head coach hire, let alone how thirsty the Raiders made themselves look to get him.  :shrug:

Carr made a Facebook post shortly after the McDaniel rumors about how much he respects Biasacci as the coach. I think Carr might be leaving. 

I know a lot of people don't like Carr but I'd honestly think about signing him. The guy has shown he can play in the 4th QTR but he does make some frustrating decisions every now and then. However I think a lot of people under rate Carr. I think he'd be a sneaky good pick up for us honestly depending on the price 

Sure seems to be getting more interest lately. Curious to see if things finalize soon now that KC and SF coaches are all available. 

Scheftar stated something interesting. Any coaches that didn't get a first interview yet that won this weekend can't interview for a HC opening till after the SB now. I think he was talking how Bienemy didn't get one yet so if KC had made it to the SB he couldn't interview till after. 

I just stated in here the patriot way iron fist doesn't work as much. BB established this with success years ago. The NE assistants haven't done a dame thing and are too arrogant and can't get out of their own way. Only Mike Vrabel Think has figured things out but thats 1 in how many BB assistants? Now look at Andy Reid and others coaching trees and look at the success his former assistance are. Hell Doug Pederson has had more success then many of the NE asistiance ever had. 
And Vrabel never even coached for BB I think.  Ohio State, then the Texans I think.

My kids and I were having a discussion about Tom Brady and his legacy. To put things in perspective I used Madden. To break Tom Brady's passing records and have the same Super Bowl appearances, they would have to play Madden for 10 seasons, throw 8400 yards per season and score 62+ TD's each season. Even in Madden Tom Brady is a legacy just on his accomplishments.

Like the read, but disagree. I'd be OK snagging the QB, but don't see another first round WR as a viable option
There’s a need and if we didn’t want to drop 40 million in guaranteed money this is the next best thing. I’d prefer to get one in FA who’s cheap but I’m not against more weapons. I agree with the below too. This kid looks legit and would be a nice compliment to what we currently have. 

Im a bama guy but the arkansas wr Burks is the one we should target if we want an early wr.   Guy is a beast and not coming off an acl.

There’s a need and if we didn’t want to drop 40 million in guaranteed money this is the next best thing. I’d prefer to get one in FA who’s cheap but I’m not against more weapons. I agree with the below too. This kid looks legit and would be a nice compliment to what we currently have. 

I would do both, draft one and sign a cheaper vet. There are 2 WRs on the roster currently who are worth a damn, Smith and Watkins. The rest should be replaced or lower in the pecking order. Ward is a nice story, but shouldn't be relied upon as your #3. Reagor is a waste they need to bury on the roster for another year unless they can trade him and JJaw is just a special teamer and blocker.

John Foley @2008Philz

Now that the retirement is official:

Career INTs- Brady 203, Foles 43

Super Bowl INTs- Brady 6, Foles 1

Career Losses- Brady 73, Foles 27

Super Bowl Losses- Brady 3, Foles 0

Super Bowl Catches- Brady 0, Foles 1

Super Bowl 52 Wins- Brady 0, Foles 1

Pro Bowl MVPs- Brady 0, Foles 1
Facts

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me guess some NY writer? I don't think Doug is getting blackballed. Forget who reported it maybe Ian but he didn't like the Jacksonville job like other candidates as well because they don't want to deal with Trent Balke. He's difficult to work with and Balke was the GM in SF when Colin Kaepernick was there. From what I've heard is a lot of players and Harbaugh didn't like how SF management and the York's (owners) treated CK with kid gloves and always protected him. Baalke was apparently one of CK"s biggest defenders when there when someone went wrong (all of this was before the Social Justice stuff btw). Harbaugh was basically told to stop picking on CK despite the fact CK had a very poor work ethic after getting his contract extension among other things. Baalke also released ALdon Smith despite SF needing talent as players were leaving left and right because of him, do to the fact Aldon was one of the main leaders in the separation of not wanting CK at QB. Smith ended up in a physical altercation with Colin when he found out Colin was banging his GF Nessa (CK's current GF) who since then the public has found out is a locker room rat, at the same time she was still dating Smith. The off the field DUI thing before the season gave Baalke reason to release Aldon without making it look like he was trying to protect the QB. SF was a total ####show at the end under Baalke and a lot of people questioned his hiring by JAX

Either way going back to Doug I'm starting to suspect they may not like his choices in assistant coaches or something else. Maybe Doug was just never HC material and just caught lightning in a bottle that one year. 
HOLY SMOLY!  I never heard all this backstory!  I typically just avoid all the drama and nonsense but this was juicy! 

Thanks for sharing.. 

In NFC East news, WFT is announcing its new name and logo tomorrow. Love how "Groundhogs" gained speculative traction because of the date and the "Hogs" association (also find it amusing that the pic they ran to intro that story to show WFT fans has more Eagles fans and empty seats than WFT fans  :lmao: )

Betting market right now has it as "Washington Football Team, the club's current name, is still the hypothetical betting favorite (+300), followed by 'Presidents' (+500) and 'Red Hogs' (+600)."

The Noid said:
In NFC East news, WFT is announcing its new name and logo tomorrow. Love how "Groundhogs" gained speculative traction because of the date and the "Hogs" association (also find it amusing that the pic they ran to intro that story to show WFT fans has more Eagles fans and empty seats than WFT fans  :lmao: )

Betting market right now has it as "Washington Football Team, the club's current name, is still the hypothetical betting favorite (+300), followed by 'Presidents' (+500) and 'Red Hogs' (+600)."
Quick, go bet on the Commanders lol

Birdie048 said:
HOLY SMOLY!  I never heard all this backstory!  I typically just avoid all the drama and nonsense but this was juicy! 

Thanks for sharing.. 

Yeah this is the stuff the media failed to put out during the whole Kaepernick Debaticle. to put it mildly Harbaugh and a lot of players left SF because the Yorks and Balke enabled Colin and his behavior. To put it in context it was similar to the Sixers enabling Simmons and Simmons refusing to get better. CK would show up to meetings/practices late and Harbaugh would want to discipline him but he'd run to Trent and the owners and cry about it. Veteran players voiced concern how Colin seemed to mistreat them in the lockeroom. 

The GF was a radio Jocky in California who I think quit her job to join the BLM movement. There's actually 2 different groups of BLM. The protestors and those who want to talk about changes and the one the Girlfriend is involved with who want to create anarchy. The right wing media focuses more on the later. It also can explain why Colin called out the NFLPA on agreeing with a deal with the owners. Neesa who is the girls name has been around the block dating Bradley Beal at one point among others. She's what athletes call a locker room rat or what musicians call a groupie. Aldon Smith was furious that his QB would sleep with his GF which is why they got into the fight. The Owners and Trent sided with Colin and a lot of players were happy about it. When Aldon got released for a DUI a source of mine said "If you think Aldon got cut for the DUI I got swamp land in Florida to sell ya on the cheap. SF is desperate for high end talent. This was just an easy way getting away from a guy the GM and York's felt was being divider in the locker room. Colin is well protected by the Owners and York and Harbaugh isn't happy with either. Players are leaving left and right as they don't trust them to do the right thing. Feel like they are wasting their careers with CK as QB and the people in charge there" 

As you may know my former coworkers son was the Assisitian DBs coach and last year of Pederson regime became Assistant Defensive Coordinator. I was told had Malcom Jenkins wanted too he could've sued and won a defamation lawsuit against Kapernick and his agent. The agent and CK along with the GF wanted to create this false narrative that CK was basically getting blackballed by the league and win a court case. Colin never had interest in playing again. he saw his career winding down and tried to hold the league hostage by virtue signaling. Luckily Jenkins and a whole bunch of players hijacked it from Colin and turned it into something meaningful. Jenkins constantly tried keeping Colin involved. Colin's mistake was going after Jenkins who is very well respected around the league by his peers, coaches, and team owners in the league. He's one of those rare guys that you ask anyone in the league even his biggest enemy and they won't have a bad word to say about him. One of the reasons I think Drew Brees I felt his apology was genuine was because of Jankins talking to him about the whole thing. Brees has known Malcom for yrs. Last thing he wanted to do was insult the guy. 

This is why I was never on CK's side during this whole ordeal. he was never genuine and as a teammate he was an absolute cancer. However do to pressure and imaging players are afraid to speak out publicly against CK as it makes the players look divided. I've been around some current and fromer players thanks to people I know and off the record players are talking. In the end they all agree unintentionally CK did something right even if his long term goal was to win a bunch of money and be set for life.  Either way I don't want to clog the thread with a CK rant but it gives a bit more insight of how bad a hire the Jags made at GM. People are even talking about how the Jags seem to regret not firing him when they fired Urban Meyer. 

So with Tom Brady announcing his retirement this gave me an out of the box idea on QB movement from an Eagles stand point. This may sound biased but when you think about it, it makes sense similar to the Jalen Hurts thing to this but more plausible. I actually thought about this one at work all day after hearing Brady finally did retire. 

We got Minshew/Hurts/Stinnent. The hope is I believe Stinnent becomes a serviceable good back up so they can trade Minshew. I think if you asked the Eagles off record on how they feel about Jalen Hurts they'd tell you that they wished there were better options this offseason to get a QB now and if we could we would upgrade this offseason. Minshew wants a chance to start.

So here's where Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr and TB comes in. TB has currently Blaine Gabbert (somehow this guy finds himself a back up job constantly) and Former Florida Gator QB Kyle Trask. Say TB doesn't like their QB options and are intrigued with Minshew. Ok so what can the Eagles get from Tampa? They have a QB they just drafted this past draft in Kyle Trask. Kyle Trask went to Florida where he had never started a professional Football game before and in two season played well enough to be drafted in the 2nd round by TB. Obviously they felt confident in him then to draft him in the 2nd but say TB has 2nd thoughts. Eagles need a QB and maybe Minshew and a draft pick gets it done. Kyle Trask's old Florida OC is Brian Johnson. Johnson works as the Eagles QB coach now. 

I think we see where this is going now. I was told by my Florida source that Johnson was a lot more critical in the development of Florida's QBs including making Felipe Franks into a serviceable QB till he got hurt and Trask too the reigns and never let go. A lot of fans and media didn't really give much thought to Florida losing Johnson as many believe former HC Dan Mullen was more involved in the success of the QBs do to his past with others. Mullen was involved but not as big as Brian Johnson was. The Eagles run a pretty run heavy offense at the Moment and the offense is a bit similar to what Florida ran under Mullen with RPO's and stuff. Trask has a better overall arm then Hurts so those deep balls become more of an advantage to Quez/Devonta and whoever we get as our Big Body WR. Trask is surprisingly athletic. He's not going to run all over the field like Hurts but he does have mobility if need it. The Eagles also get a guy who their QB coach has a extensive relationship with going back to college. 

So what happens with Hurts? Eagles could theoretically keep Hurts in this scenario to an extent. It could be played off as getting Hurts more competition to push him with a guy potentially ready to play if Hurts struggles and I think the team has a short leash on him this coming year. The Eagles if they wanted to, could potentially still trade one of their 1's this year and get a 1 for next year. Still giving them flexibility to take a QB if needed in 23. With Hurts Short leash the Eagles could see what Kyle Trask could give them and some time to evaluate the situation. if they feel Trask could be the guy they can use the 2 1's in 23 to keep building the team around Trask/Smith and the offense. 

The question is how do both teams feel about this scenario. Who knows but it'd be out of the box and up Howie Roseman's alley of pulling something off under the radar trade wise. 

Maggot Brain said:
And Vrabel never even coached for BB I think.  Ohio State, then the Texans I think.

Good point there. I guess everyone just assumes he did being a Patriot but looking at it now he never did coach under BB. 

Ha! Washington having their “big reveal” spoiled because they didn’t turn off the lights at Fed Ex Field, the NYG being in the middle of the Brian Flores lawsuit, and Lurie, Jr. probably setting the draft board, it’s been a banner day for the NFC East!

All we need is a Cowboy player getting into some off the field trouble and we're set. still 2 1/2 hours to go for some Dal news. 

Kyle Trask's old Florida OC is Brian Johnson. Johnson works as the Eagles QB coach now. 

I think we see where this is going now. I was told by my Florida source that Johnson was a lot more critical in the development of Florida's QBs including making Felipe Franks into a serviceable QB till he got hurt and Trask too the reigns and never let go. A lot of fans and media didn't really give much thought to Florida losing Johnson as many believe former HC Dan Mullen was more involved in the success of the QBs do to his past with others. Mullen was involved but not as big as Brian Johnson was. The Eagles run a pretty run heavy offense at the Moment and the offense is a bit similar to what Florida ran under Mullen with RPO's and stuff. Trask has a better overall arm then Hurts so those deep balls become more of an advantage to Quez/Devonta and whoever we get as our Big Body WR. Trask is surprisingly athletic. He's not going to run all over the field like Hurts but he does have mobility if need it. The Eagles also get a guy who their QB coach has a extensive relationship with going back to college. 

Read something along this same line last week in some forum elsewhere... not sure where (maybe here?).  But the concept is the same.  The QB Coach Johnson was key to Florida success and his insight in Trask could be fruitful.  

Why not move Hurts?  Take the off season to assess Minshew & Trask as a compliment.  Continue to build for 2023.  

TB has serious Cap issues and Godwin & Fournette both are UFA (IIRC).  They are in a "retool" phase.  Young QB would go a long way to give them stability they desire.

Let's not act like Aldon Smith is some kind of innocent victim here, he has a long history of DUI, hit and run and domestic violence.

Let's not act like Aldon Smith is some kind of innocent victim here, he has a long history of DUI, hit and run and domestic violence.

Not saying he was an innocent victim. He was just an easy scapegoat over others involved in the distrust in CK and the team. Easier to scapegoat a guy with past issues then one of the more liked guys in the team. 

Read something along this same line last week in some forum elsewhere... not sure where (maybe here?).  But the concept is the same.  The QB Coach Johnson was key to Florida success and his insight in Trask could be fruitful.  

Why not move Hurts?  Take the off season to assess Minshew & Trask as a compliment.  Continue to build for 2023.  

TB has serious Cap issues and Godwin & Fournette both are UFA (IIRC).  They are in a "retool" phase.  Young QB would go a long way to give them stability they desire.

Yep Johnson was pretty integral in their success. Hurts because TB already knows Hurts issues anyway and it was already mentioned in here that people are ok with bringing in some competition for Hurts. With the cap issues and Brady gone they are going back to Mediocrity 

I don’t know what this means but here:

Eagles’ RB @bostonscott2 is now the first two-sport NFL and Rocket League pro, joining @DignitasRL. Scott joins @DignitasRL as a sub and content creator. Scott achieved ‘Grand Champion’ status in Rocket League by being the Top .52% in a game with over six million ranked players.

Eagles’ RB @bostonscott2 is now the first two-sport NFL and Rocket League pro, joining @DignitasRL. Scott joins @DignitasRL as a sub and content creator. Scott achieved ‘Grand Champion’ status in Rocket League by being the Top .52% in a game with over six million ranked players.
He's really good at a video game

I'm a gamer but the fact anyone considers these things sports is laughable. 

Either way Rocket League never interest me but Boston Scott by the definition here is a professional expert at them and good enough to be signed to a deal and paid to play them with a "team". 

That's awesome

Birdie048 said:

You read it from your Florida source

Saw a few tweets that Liberty QB Malik Willis has been impressing during Senior Bowl practices, even "catching the eye" of Howie. I've seen him described as "Jalen Hurts with a much better arm"...

I people love the potential of his arm though, he'll go before we pick. LOTS of teams with QB needs ahead of us - Panthers, Commandoes especially.

Saw a few tweets that Liberty QB Malik Willis has been impressing during Senior Bowl practices, even "catching the eye" of Howie. I've seen him described as "Jalen Hurts with a much better arm"...
I don’t know how much you want to put into but I found this conversation interesting and I’m starting to believe it more and more. He brings up some good points and insight into how Howie approaches the QB

Users who are viewing this thread