What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2023 Free Agency Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Rasul Douglas, former Eagles Super Bowl champ and apparently Aaron Rodgers best friend, signing w the Jets. LOL

R Penny to the Eagles
It's a great spot. Everyone will say until he get's hurt and maybe so but the guy can flat out run. If not for injuries, and he was healthy in college, I think the perception of using a late one on him and/or picking him over Chubb would have changed.

Penny will be great when healthy. Gainwell will probably be the back to own in FF.
I think it's going to look just like last year only Penny in the Sanders role.

R Penny to the Eagles
It's a great spot. Everyone will say until he get's hurt and maybe so but the guy can flat out run. If not for injuries, and he was healthy in college, I think the perception of using a late one on him and/or picking him over Chubb would have changed.

Penny will be great when healthy. Gainwell will probably be the back to own in FF.
I think it's going to look just like last year only Penny in the Sanders role.

Sure for the first 6 games and then what…

:rimshot:

I can’t picture another quality RB not being added…Philly is too good of an organization to not cover their butts here and it is not overly difficult to accomplish.
I think they’ll draft a RB. Maybe not early but some one for their mix.
Well they can move around and add more picks but outside of round one and round 7 all they have in the entire draft is picks 62 and 94.

McGary re-signed with Atlanta 3/34.5

What a great move by the Falcons there. Jawaan Taylor and Mike McGlinchey both got way more, despite being worse players.

If Ridder takes a step forward, Falcons could absolutely be the best team in the NFC South after adding Onyemata and Bates.

Andy Dalton to Carolina.

If that is true then I really, REALLY like the Richardson first QB drafted bet I have
Yeah, if I draft Young or Stroud with the 1.01, I'd have expectations of either getting rolled out as the week 1 starter, and (assuming healthy) have Matt Corral at QB #2; and, I can see Carolina designing packages for him to start getting his feet wet as soon as week 1, too.

Kinda like it for Monty, hes better than JW IMO.
Talent maybe…but think JW really fit with the Lions and helping change that culture with the coach.
Never happen…but if always welcome that guy back in GB. Love Jamaal…

Hayden Hurst to Carolina per Rapsheet
Fool's gold move by Carolina. Hurst is JAG, and is easily replaced by well, anybody really. He got a lot of hype but was less effective than CJ Uzomah the season before.
Darius Slay leaving Phi 👀
Might be an overreaction, but between losing multiple quality defensive starters, both the OC and DC, and likely having to pay big money for Hurts, I kinda wonder if Philly may have missed their window a little bit. Surprised Slay was a straight release.

Hayden Hurst to Carolina per Rapsheet
Bengals are losing some key players.
I’ve thought it was a given Hurst was gone. Mayer or Kincaid?
Not sure the Bengals will want to spend the money, but I'd love to see a guy like Mike Gesicki in that offense. But I agree, its a top notch TE draft, so they may prefer that route.

Baker to the Bucs
If they don't draft a QB, I'd bet he's the week 1 starter. Trask wasn't ever able to move ahead of Gabbert.

Darius Slay leaving Phi 👀
Might be an overreaction, but between losing multiple quality defensive starters, both the OC and DC, and likely having to pay big money for Hurts, I kinda wonder if Philly may have missed their window a little bit. Surprised Slay was a straight release.

Restructuring Slay would have been the biggest benefit to Philly cap-wise but Slay was below average the second half of the season. Here is a stat from the Eagles board:

Darius Slay 2022 via @PFF

Week 1 thru Week 6: Targeted 32 times, 14 catches allowed for 168 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 31.8 passer rating

Week 7 thru Super Bowl: Targeted 51 times, 33 catches allowed for 391 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 114.1 passer rating

I'm not sure how much of that was age catching up with Slay or Jonathan Gannon's defensive scheme. I guess we'll see this year. I for one am glad Gannon is gone.

I'll reserve my judgment on this offseason for Philly until I see what happens with CJGJ but if the Eagles bring him back, they'll be more than fine on the back end. I'm also confident they'll bring a guy or two in on a one-year prove it deals like they did Kyzir White and James Bradberry last year.

Jamaal Williams to NO
Saints still the NFCS faves
Williams is a nice signing for them. The over/under on Kamara's suspension is 6 games, so Williams might still put up RB2-ish numbers.

Saints might be the favorites if Thomas can stay healthy, and they can overcome being coached by Dennis Allen.

3 yes $12M for Jamaal

$8M GTD

good dude hope he crushes it

makes every team better bc he’s a great guy
Very surprised the Lions couldn’t or wouldn’t at least match that.
I thought it as good business they clearly prioritized Monty. Jamaal's wear and tear is on the positive side vs someone who has been more of a feature back in their career but he's at the age of decline we typically see with RB's and getting those 2 years younger with Monty for a little more money makes sense to me. And in 2 years when Monty is Jamaal's current age he is probably kicked to the curb, that's the way his contract was structured.

On the flip side not a fan of the Jamaal signing for the Saints and having their two Rb's at age 28. Someone with some youth and juice I thought would have made a better pairing with Kamara....still might happen with the draft but seems like a day 3 pick at best. Jamaal's contract was modest but combined with Kamara's that's a lot of money tied up at RB relatively speaking.

3 yes $12M for Jamaal

$8M GTD

good dude hope he crushes it

makes every team better bc he’s a great guy

Just my guess but with Swift's durability being questionable Detroit wanted a more diverse back to go along with him...if they are both healthy that is a nice 1-2 punch but if Swift (or Montgomery_ goes down) than Montgomery just gets a bigger piece of the pie.

If I had to look at a list of free agents, and I had to pick out three that would never again accomplish what they had JUST accomplished, I would start with this guy.
I also don't really think the Saints are in a position to be handing out contracts like this to rotational running backs either, but Loomis gonna Loomis.

If I had to look at a list of free agents, and I had to pick out three that would never again accomplish what they had JUST accomplished, I would start with this guy.
True, his lightning in a bottle season is probably a big reason why the Lions moved on. But as BL has said, what he brings to the team is way beyond what he does at the goal line. Everything has a price of course.

Users who are viewing this thread