What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 In-Season Catchall Thread (2 Viewers)

I assume there is no scoring difference between DT and edge (my league has DT premium scoring so Madibuike is the easy choice for my situation).

I think their ceilings are the same but I think Madibuike has a higher floor. He has been solid in the tackle numbers in most games and I would go that route.

(Full disclosure....I have Madibuike and am playing against Chubb so I may be hoping more than true evaluation).

The other thing is Bal plays in the last game of the week which is nice and I use that a tie break many times so I always have hope through the last game of the week.
Our DT/DE/Edge all classify as DL. So level scoring there. Thanks for the feedback, I'm going Madibuike....the Chubb blurb in the Godfather article today and your advice solidified my concerns.

And I'm playing against 4 players in the last game too (he has CMC, Deebo, Bosa and Werner), so having a bullet does help too, I just hope I have buried him to that point as those are his studs.

Dynasty waivers... getting near the end of the season, I'm loading up on young RBs and such and removing temporarily valuable IDPs. Any reason not to drop these guys?

Jonathan Owens
Markquese Bell
Nate Landman
Josh Woods
Khaleke Hudson
Duke Riley
Lavonte David
Zach Cunningham
Nicholas Morrow
KJ Britt
Shaquille Leonard :-(

I'm planning to stash SirVocea Dennis, Chad Muma, Sione Takitaki, and Owen Pappoe.

Dynasty waivers... getting near the end of the season, I'm loading up on young RBs and such and removing temporarily valuable IDPs. Any reason not to drop these guys?

Jonathan Owens
Markquese Bell
Nate Landman
Josh Woods
Khaleke Hudson
Duke Riley
Lavonte David
Zach Cunningham
Nicholas Morrow
KJ Britt

I'm planning to stash SirVocea Dennis, Chad Muma, Sione Takitaki, and Owen Pappoe.
No issues dropping those guys. In general I drop all or almost all my DB's. You can always find them on waivers

Jonathan Owens
Markquese Bell
Nate Landman
Josh Woods
Khaleke Hudson
Duke Riley
Lavonte David
Zach Cunningham
Nicholas Morrow
KJ Britt

I would quite happily drop those players but I can see myself keeping Landman where I have him.

Jonathan Owens
Markquese Bell
Nate Landman
Josh Woods
Khaleke Hudson
Duke Riley
Lavonte David
Zach Cunningham
Nicholas Morrow
KJ Britt

Why are you dropping Lavonte David?

Jonathan Owens
Markquese Bell
Nate Landman
Josh Woods
Khaleke Hudson
Duke Riley
Lavonte David
Zach Cunningham
Nicholas Morrow
KJ Britt

Why are you dropping Lavonte David?
Hmm - good question. I've been assuming he retires this offseason, but that's not certain.

Opposite question from Tick - who are the young IDP players you’re grabbing and holding this week before rosters move to offseason?

I’m looking at a guy like YaYa Diaby who has flashed and might see his role grow in coming years.

Opposite question from Tick - who are the young IDP players you’re grabbing and holding this week before rosters move to offseason?

I’m looking at a guy like YaYa Diaby who has flashed and might see his role grow in coming years.
All the rookie R1/2 DEs other than Will Anderson are available in lots of leagues:

Tyree Wilson
Lukas Van Ness
Will McDonald
Myles Murphy
Nolan Smith
Felix Anudike-Uzomah
B.J. Ojulari
Isaiah Foskey
Keion White
Derick Hall
Tuli Tuipolutu

The round 3 LBs are less available, but should be rostered:
Drew Sanders
Trenton Simpson
Daiyan Henley
Dorian Williams
DeMarvion Overshown

Some other guys who might have a path:
Owen Pappoe
SirVocea Dennis
See if Shaq Thompson, Cole Holcomb, Matt Milano, Nakobe Dean, or Kyzir White were dropped while on IR.
Asamoah again in case it's Pace and Asamoah next year?
Chad Muma, in case there's a surprise
Sione Takitaki and hope everyone else evaporates?

It depends on the league, but the below edge's (non-rookies) are who I am looking at in my deep leagues.

Malcolm Koonce - has broken out since he got from McD's stench - he's to December what YaYa was to November
Azeez Ojulari - good rookie season and really only had one healthy month since then (and it was a good one). Contract year motivation may be the elixir.
David Ojabo - speaking of health issues, he's only played 83 snaps as a pro.
Alex Wright - wary he'll get to a snap count > 60%, but he's still just 23 and starting to come into his own.

Some similar names from me. My leagues are pretty deep rosters so no RBs worth adding so I'm holding on a few names being dropped in smaller formats.

Harrison, Zach ATL DE - speculative as he's listed as DE in MFL but is in the depth chart as a 3-4 DE so should be designated as a DT. Anyone with eyes on Falcons games can dissuade me by saying he's actually lining up at OLB.

Herbig, Nick PIT DE - some teams are just awesome at talent evaluation for certain positions. PIT / DE is one of those. Tough to see a relevant snap share with Highsmith and Watt signed for a few years still, though.

Koonce, Malcolm LVR DE - added everywhere I could last week and this week. Difficult to gauge what kind of snap share he'll get with Crosby and 1st round pick Tyree Wilson there but he looks good and has held off Wilson all season.

Asamoah, Brian MIN LB - he was dropped nearly everywhere. Not a ton of hope he'll beat out Pace next year after not being able to this year so not feeling great about him.

Pappoe, Owen ARI LB - dart through since he was looking like the guy but got hurt and lost momentum in the preseason.

Barmore, Christian NEP DT - looks like a break out player to me. Unlikely to be available in DT required leagues but get him if he is. Even in DL leagues he is a decent stash if there's room.

Users who are viewing this thread