What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 In-Season Catchall Thread (1 Viewer)

Just seems like an odd situation. He played decent this year when he was in there so not sure what happened here. Maybe he wanted more snaps and they thought what they had was enough so they released him so he could play somewhere else.

I wouldn't drop him of my roster yet until we know where he lands or if more comes out as to why he was released.

Seems like a pretty good time for him - lots of open landing spots in Pittsburgh, Arizona, Green Bay, probably some others I'm forgetting.

Waiver wire

• ED Tuli Tuipulotu, Los Angeles Chargers: Tuipulotu has had a really strong rookie season but with Joey Bosa out, he can be added where he’s available due to his potential to play a lot more down the stretch.
  • ED KJ Henry, Washington Commanders: With Efe Obada done for the year and James Smith-Williams dealing with a hamstring injury, the rookie could be in for a volume role for the Commanders. Henry delivered 1.5 sacks in his season-high playing time in this game.
  • LB Josh Woods, Arizona Cardinals: Woods stepped into a full-time role with Kyzir White out of the game. Should White miss any time, Woods would be worth adding in most leagues while Krys Barnes would step into Woods’ former part-time role.
  • LB Sione Takitaki, Cleveland Browns: Takitaki stepped into a larget role with Anthony Walker sidelined and could be useful in deeper leagues. It’s important to note that the Browns have kept a heavy rotation at the linebacker position this season, which keeps any of their options from being too valuable in IDP.
  • LB Derrick Barnes, Detroit Lions: Barnes took over the clear lead as the team’s second linebacker, playing 95% of the team’s defensive snaps. Barnes may not see that high of a snap share every week, but he does appear to be ahead of the rookie Jack Campbell for now, making him a potential add in deeper leagues.
  • LB Christian Harris, Houston Texans: Harris can be added this week with the understanding that he may lose that full-time role again once Denzel Perryman returns from suspension in Week 13.
  • LB Mykal Walker, Pittsburgh Steelers: Walker played a healthy 84% snap share with the Steelers linebacker options dwindling down. Walker can be added in deeper leagues, but it is important to note that the team is also bringing back formerly retired linebacker Myles Jack to potentially play some snaps as well. Jack has familiarity with the defense from last season and could factor in at some point soon.
  • LB SirVocea Dennis, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dennis stepped in as the next man up with Lavonte David out of the lineup and can be added in most leagues due to his chance to be productive in a full-time role for as long as David is out.
  • S Jordan Battle, Cincinnati Bengals: Battle played a career-high 86% of his team’s defensive snaps and delivered 11 total tackles as a result. He can be targeted in most IDP leagues that start more than one safety.
  • S Isaiah Pola-Mao, Las Vegas Raiders: Pola-Mao stepped in for an injured Marcus Epps and came up with seven total tackles and an interception in his stead. If Epps misses time, Pola-Mao could be an option in deeper leagues.
  • S Ji’Ayir Brown, San Francisco 49ers: The rookie third-round pick should step in as a starter in Talanoa Hufanga’s absence and can be added in deeper leagues.

Waiver wire

• ED Tuli Tuipulotu, Los Angeles Chargers: Tuipulotu has had a really strong rookie season but with Joey Bosa out, he can be added where he’s available due to his potential to play a lot more down the stretch.
  • ED KJ Henry, Washington Commanders: With Efe Obada done for the year and James Smith-Williams dealing with a hamstring injury, the rookie could be in for a volume role for the Commanders. Henry delivered 1.5 sacks in his season-high playing time in this game.
  • LB Josh Woods, Arizona Cardinals: Woods stepped into a full-time role with Kyzir White out of the game. Should White miss any time, Woods would be worth adding in most leagues while Krys Barnes would step into Woods’ former part-time role.
  • LB Sione Takitaki, Cleveland Browns: Takitaki stepped into a larget role with Anthony Walker sidelined and could be useful in deeper leagues. It’s important to note that the Browns have kept a heavy rotation at the linebacker position this season, which keeps any of their options from being too valuable in IDP.
  • LB Derrick Barnes, Detroit Lions: Barnes took over the clear lead as the team’s second linebacker, playing 95% of the team’s defensive snaps. Barnes may not see that high of a snap share every week, but he does appear to be ahead of the rookie Jack Campbell for now, making him a potential add in deeper leagues.
  • LB Christian Harris, Houston Texans: Harris can be added this week with the understanding that he may lose that full-time role again once Denzel Perryman returns from suspension in Week 13.
  • LB Mykal Walker, Pittsburgh Steelers: Walker played a healthy 84% snap share with the Steelers linebacker options dwindling down. Walker can be added in deeper leagues, but it is important to note that the team is also bringing back formerly retired linebacker Myles Jack to potentially play some snaps as well. Jack has familiarity with the defense from last season and could factor in at some point soon.
  • LB SirVocea Dennis, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dennis stepped in as the next man up with Lavonte David out of the lineup and can be added in most leagues due to his chance to be productive in a full-time role for as long as David is out.
  • S Jordan Battle, Cincinnati Bengals: Battle played a career-high 86% of his team’s defensive snaps and delivered 11 total tackles as a result. He can be targeted in most IDP leagues that start more than one safety.
  • S Isaiah Pola-Mao, Las Vegas Raiders: Pola-Mao stepped in for an injured Marcus Epps and came up with seven total tackles and an interception in his stead. If Epps misses time, Pola-Mao could be an option in deeper leagues.
  • S Ji’Ayir Brown, San Francisco 49ers: The rookie third-round pick should step in as a starter in Talanoa Hufanga’s absence and can be added in deeper leagues.
A lot of familiar names that seem to ping pong off and on rosters throughout the season.........especially at the LB spot.

I am surprised at the LB injuries this year. I know every year people seem to think there are "more injuries this year than last year". I just know for me I have been hit with a ton more IDP injuries (especially at LB) than I have ever before.

Steelers going back to the future on LBs.

Are any of Walker, Jack, or Martinez worth a dart throw?

ETA: thanks to MR for the Walker blurb above

I would likely go with Walker if I had to choose. He did well when he got the snaps previously. Although, I am guessing Roberts is really the guy to have and these guys will be JAG's.

Any of these safeties worth throwing on a taxi squad if I have an open spot?

Q Lake - LAR
P Butler - WAS
A Johnson - GB
I Pola-Mao - LVR

I would likely go with Walker if I had to choose.

I am sure you are right, but uggh.

This is a bare cupboard, fellas. 2 assists, both of them last week.

We ain't even had a punt returner trip over this guy all year. This guy didn't even get to jump on a pile for a cheap assist (hey, we've all got that assist) until last week.

Pfft. Harris is one of those guys, when he turns up on one of these lists, you are trying to remember if you still have him, or if you cut him cause you needed a flex CB or something, :lmao:

(I still have him 2/4 leagues)

Last edited:

Waiver wire

What are people's thoughts on Nakobe Dean for next year? Worried about the foot? Just too injury prone? Bounce back candidate?

What are people's thoughts on Nakobe Dean for next year? Worried about the foot? Just too injury prone? Bounce back candidate?
I'm stashing him or IR in the one league I had him in, and I haven't seen him hit waivers in any other leagues. There are two pretty easy narratives that contradict each other: he's had 2 years and has barely played and hasn't taken the job... or he won the job but has had bad injury luck. Definite bounce back candidate, but nothing guaranteed there.

I haven't thought about dynasty rankings, but I suspect he'll end up higher than we'd think - once you filter out all of the Lavonte David / Demario Davis / CJ Mosley / Devondre Campbell old guys, the Landman / Cunningham / Woods replacement guys without an obvious future role, and the guys who ended up losing snap share like Deablo / Long / Jewell / Kendricks / Jamin Davis, think about the seemingly limited upside of Milano / Perryman / Baker / Clark, I think you end up looking at the remaining guys and Dean sneaks into the top 20 over the offseason.

I'm stashing him or IR in the one league I had him in, and I haven't seen him hit waivers in any other leagues. There are two pretty easy narratives that contradict each other: he's had 2 years and has barely played and hasn't taken the job... or he won the job but has had bad injury luck. Definite bounce back candidate, but nothing guaranteed there.

I haven't thought about dynasty rankings, but I suspect he'll end up higher than we'd think - once you filter out all of the Lavonte David / Demario Davis / CJ Mosley / Devondre Campbell old guys, the Landman / Cunningham / Woods replacement guys without an obvious future role, and the guys who ended up losing snap share like Deablo / Long / Jewell / Kendricks / Jamin Davis, think about the seemingly limited upside of Milano / Perryman / Baker / Clark, I think you end up looking at the remaining guys and Dean sneaks into the top 20 over the offseason.
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dynasty-lb.php has two rankings from the past 2 weeks and has him 28th in dynasty rankings... but it includes 4 edges, Cole Holcomb, Bobby Wagner, Shaquille Leonard, and Josey Jewell ahead of him... so I do think top 20 is likely.

DLF has 4 rankings up over the past 15 days and has him 22nd, but Wagner, Campbell, and Mosley are in front of him.

Last edited:

Great synopsis.

I am in the title hunt this year and am looking to improve a couple spots over the last few weeks for the push to the title. I have Dean and am trying to figure out a value and whether or not I should be including him in any offers. I think I lie somewhere in the middle and think I would be fine if he hit the high end and it's worth that risk to move him if I can get mid value for him. I think he is pretty close to a 50-50 proposition on whether he is an IDP starter next year or not.

Great synopsis.

I am in the title hunt this year and am looking to improve a couple spots over the last few weeks for the push to the title. I have Dean and am trying to figure out a value and whether or not I should be including him in any offers. I think I lie somewhere in the middle and think I would be fine if he hit the high end and it's worth that risk to move him if I can get mid value for him. I think he is pretty close to a 50-50 proposition on whether he is an IDP starter next year or not.
I'd trade away any of those old guys for him on my rebuilding teams. If you think any of them are enough to tip a balance, that's one you can justify pretty easily with the first competing narrative :-)

Yep

If I had him I would be trying to sell. He's a name with no output for two years, and I bet people are still excited about him. I think you can get equal value from when he was drafted, with no discount for the lost two years. We dunno if he's good, dunno if those injuries stacking up will hurt him, but everyone likes Philly players and want a piece of the team.

Pete Werner and Zach Cunningham both ruled out. Guess who has these guys on his roster? And the tradition continues......

So…. If Savage is back for GB, but Ford is still out, is Owens then still fantasy-relevant/startable? I’m guessing so, but not sure I want to take the chance of a zero.

Where does Shaq Leonard sign today? Dallas or Philadelphia? Hoping for Dallas as I have already have Byard and Morrow on my squad.

Where does Shaq Leonard sign today? Dallas or Philadelphia? Hoping for Dallas as I have already have Byard and Morrow on my squad.
Based on how the LB's played yesterday, it seems like Philly has a gaping hole in their LB squad.

So…. If Savage is back for GB, but Ford is still out, is Owens then still fantasy-relevant/startable? I’m guessing so, but not sure I want to take the chance of a zero.
There are so many DBs - start someone else.
That's what I ended up doing. I had limited options on my team, though, and no FCFS waivers. But, at the end of the day, I figured it's better to start the guy who's projected for 8-10 pts than get greedy and hope for 15 from Owens (and then get nothing). Thanks.

• LB Andre Smith, Atlanta Falcons: Should Nate Landman (knee) miss this coming week, Andre Smith was the next man up on the depth chart and could be a fine fill-in for deeper leagues, though, he shouldn’t be expected to play an every-down role.
  • LB David Long Jr., Miami Dolphins: Long increased his snaps with Baker out, though, he still didn’t play an every-down role, as Duke Riley also rotated in on occasion. Long would be first priority for fantasy managers interested while Riley should be a deep league option only.
  • LB Nephi Sewell, New Orleans Saints: Sewell stepped into an IDP-relevant role with Pete Werner out of the lineup while dealing with a shoulder injury. Should Werner miss more time, Sewell could be an option for deep leagues.
  • LB Mykal Walker, Pittsburgh Steelers: Mykal Walker moved into a full-time role with Elandon Roberts out of the lineup and can be added for Week 14, as he should be expected to continue in that role on a short week.
  • LB Devin Bush, Seattle Seahawks: With Jordyn Brooks leaving this game with an ankle injury, Bush assumed a near-every-down role the rest of the way. Should Brooks miss time, Bush would be a top waiver wire consideration.
  • LB J.J. Russell, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Russell could be needed again with Devin White, Lavonte David and K.J. Britt all banged up, there’s potential that only one of them will be available in Week 14, which could cause Russell to play significant snaps once again and a potential starting options in deeper leagues.
  • S Brandon Jones, Miami Dolphins: Jones played an every-down role with Jevon Holland out and dealing with a knee injury. Jones can be trusted in IDP lineups if Holland misses another game.
  • S Jordan Howden, New Orleans Saints: Howden filled in for an injured Marcus Maye, who missed this game. Should Maye miss more time, Howden would be a next man up option for deeper leagues.

Kobie Turner has been really good the last few weeks. I have him stashed on my TS in a DT premium scoring league. What's the consensus on whether or not this is real or just a hot streak? I haven't seen him play too much but when I do he looks fairly dominate. Any other thoughts out there in FBG IDP land?

Wouldnt bank on Walker in PIT, they said he was bad, couldnt handle the communications, and they have Myles Jack and Blake Martinez there now, who the heck knows who will get the most snaps.

Whats the deal in KC, will Bolton be back this week? Tranquil ok or out? If both are out, would you bump Willie Gay up for tackle opps?

Last edited:
Any info on Madibuike? I know he was concussed going into the bye but I haven't been able to find any updates. We get updates on the offensive guys multiple times a day. Nothing on the defense. Ugh.

Wouldnt bank on Walker in PIT, they said he was bad, couldnt handle the communications, and they have Myles Jack and Blake Martinez there now, who the heck knows who will get the most snaps.

Whats the deal in KC, will Bolton be back this week? Tranquil ok or out? If both are out, would you bump Willie Gay up for tackle opps?

Bolton is expected to play after participating fully in practice yesterday.

Any info on Madibuike? I know he was concussed going into the bye but I haven't been able to find any updates. We get updates on the offensive guys multiple times a day. Nothing on the defense. Ugh.
Looks good to go!

(Rotowire) Madubuike (concussion) was a full participant in Friday's practice and carries no injury designation ahead of Sunday's game against the Rams.

Analysis: Madubuike sustained a concussion in Week 12 against the Chargers. He took advantage of the bye week and logged back-to-back full practices this week. Madubuike will start at defensive end alongside Broderick Washington on Sunday.

Sill hoping they get IDPs into the waiver tools in MyFBG someday...
It appears they have in Bloom's waiver article this week. Check it out.
Wow! This changed since this morning - when I checked MyFBG this morning, it didn't include it!

@Sigmund Bloom Awesome! I've been wanting this forever, this just saved me probably an hour of checking all my leagues for every IDP target each week.
This remains awesome - I'm getting fat and happy and forgetting to check other sites for IDP waiver recommendations.

Weird to scan the inactives list and see guys I was stashing at the beginning of the season as possible breakouts now on new teams. Monty Rice is on the Saints and Myjai Sanders is on the Texans.

Weird to scan the inactives list and see guys I was stashing at the beginning of the season as possible breakouts now on new teams. Monty Rice is on the Saints and Myjai Sanders is on the Texans.
They broke out so much they broke through the grasps of their original teams.....hahaha

Fantasy News & Analysis
NFL Week 14: Fantasy IDP report

2T33APH Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett (95) celebrates after a defensive touchdown during an NFL football game against the Indianapolis Colts, Sunday, Oct. 22, 2023, in Indianapolis. (AP Photo/Zach Bolinger)

By Jonathon Macri
Dec 12, 2023
• Myles Garrett was not held back at all by his shoulder injury: Garrett was dominant, once again, as a pass rusher despite not landing a sack (that counted in the stat sheet). Fantasy managers need not be concerned about keeping him in IDP lineups.

• Ivan Pace Jr. continues his impressive rookie campaign: The highest-graded rookie linebacker delivers a massive IDP performance once again as the Vikings lead linebacker.

• Shaquille Leonard makes his debut for the Eagles: Leonard was eased into action in his first game for the Eagles but his presence does limit the opportunity for the rest of the Philadelphia linebacker corps.

ESTIMATED READING TIME: 35 MINUTES
WEEK 14 TAKEAWAYS
Be sure to check out last week’s waiver wire targets here as well.

Waiver wire
ED Nick Herbig, Pittsburgh Steelers: Herbig played every defensive snap the rest of the way once Alex Highsmith left the game. Herbig could be a strong volume-based addition for IDP managers in need, playing for a team that is above average in generating pressure and sacks.
LB Christian Harris/Denzel Perryman, Houston Texans: Should Blake Cashman (hamstring) miss any time, Harris and Perryman should see an increased role. Both are better IDP options with Cashman out of the lineup, as they wouldn’t have to share part-time LB2 duties and instead can play closer to an every-down role.
LB Ronnie Harrison, Indianapolis Colts: Should E.J. Speed miss another game, Harrison, who likely has a safety/defensive back designation on most fantasy platforms, would be an IDP option as a near-every-down linebacker.
LB Duke Riley, Miami Dolphins: With Jerome Baker on injured reserve, Riley – not David Long – stepped into an every-down role. While both played enough that they can be picked up, and Long even out-produced Riley, the volume of snaps at least favors Riley going forward.
LB K.J. Britt, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: With Devin White and J.J. Russell out for this game, Britt played a starting role next to Lavonte David, even earning the highest defensive grade on the team (79.5). Britt would only be an option if White misses more time.
LB David Mayo, Washington Commanders: Jamin Davis is set to undergo season-ending shoulder surgery, which would move Mayo into a secondary linebacker role for the Commanders and an option in deeper IDP leagues.
S Geno Stone, Baltimore Ravens: Stone can be picked up as a full-time safety option as he fills in for an injured Kyle Hamilton who suffered a sprained MCL in this game.
S Taylor Rapp, Buffalo Bills: Rapp would be the top option and llikely play an every-down role if Micah Hyde misses time.
S Sydney Brown, Philadelphia Eagles: If Blankenship is unable to clear concussion protocol prior to the team’s Week 15 game, Brown would be a solid option as he steps into a full-time role.

CLE DE Obgo Okoronkwo has a torn peck and likely to miss the rest of season. Might lead to Za'Darius Smith getting more snaps and back into some relevancy..

Bernard killing me when it matters most. 2nd worst game of the season.
I am right there with you. Dodson has been putting up the stats (comparatively speaking) the last few games. I wonder if something switched in their defense to flop roles. Dodson seems to be in the backfield more often and just around the ball more. Not sure what is going on but it is not good for Bernard.

Not trying to have a WDIS post, but as I truly respect the opinions of those in here - who do you favor more: Bradley Chubb or Justin Madubuike this week,

I am so torn, both have below average matchups and are very close in projections. I have rolled with Chubb/Hunter most of the season, but this week has be really questioning things...

I assume there is no scoring difference between DT and edge (my league has DT premium scoring so Madibuike is the easy choice for my situation).

I think their ceilings are the same but I think Madibuike has a higher floor. He has been solid in the tackle numbers in most games and I would go that route.

(Full disclosure....I have Madibuike and am playing against Chubb so I may be hoping more than true evaluation).

The other thing is Bal plays in the last game of the week which is nice and I use that a tie break many times so I always have hope through the last game of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread