What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New Music Thread (1 Viewer)

Moonlight Zoo - Behind The Times

Dunfermline. Scotland band echoing Big Country

Xdinary Heroes - Good Enough (B side Live)

🎶 Don't let me go back to darkness of blue
As long as I'm with you
I want nothing more, nothing more, nothing more
'Cause it's good enough, good enough, good enough🎶

Breathtaking vocals by this K-Pop #PopMusic band.

After releasing five albums in 2022, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard have laid low for this year so far, but that's about to change. The band have announced their 24th studio album and it's got the longest title they've ever had: PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation. While details on the album are still be be released, they do note the album cover is "a vivid, fiery painting of a lizard like monster in an industrial, apocalyptic landscape."

lol @ album title:

Is anyone else getting a RR with songs "greyed out" (i.e., not available in their area)?

For some reason
* Alcoholic (FIDLAR),
* Face Off by Lewenzo, Granddaddy, M. Ward & Phosphorescent (which sounds like it would be interesting), and
* Dreaming (Sped Up)
are all unavailable but listed in the RR

What gives?

What the hell is going on with Spotify? Or is it just me?
I randomly selected my 1999 playlist to listen to (1999 - Freaks flock together) and there are 5 songs (which this being a 90s playlist for me, means 20% of it!) are unavailable.

Did Daniel Ek shoot up some Bud Light or something? Did a bunch of artists leave the service?

:hot:

Is anyone else getting a RR with songs "greyed out" (i.e., not available in their area)?

For some reason
* Alcoholic (FIDLAR),
* Face Off by Lewenzo, Granddaddy, M. Ward & Phosphorescent (which sounds like it would be interesting), and
* Dreaming (Sped Up)
are all unavailable but listed in the RR

What gives?
I got alcoholic and face off with no issue.

Are you in Asia?

I fixed it.
For some inexplicable reason my setting for explicit content was toggled "off"
I didn't do it and have no idea why it was like that, but if it happens again I know how to fix it.

Salarymen - Echoes

Sydney, Australia duo "Combine vintage and modern influences" - Some Dream Pop and Jangle

also some exciting new releases for me- These New South Whales and Jacuzzi Boys.

but a goofy cover of tubthumping by the former (and not very good) and kinda boring EP by the latter.

Others that weren't ****ty house/electronica, but also didn't really grab me:

Squid
Cable Ties
Blur
The Wedding Present

I'm on the fence about the new Oh Sees release which sounds a LOT like an early Devo tribute
(eta: who am I kidding... I had myself at early Devo)

also some exciting new releases for me- These New South Whales and Jacuzzi Boys.

but a goofy cover of tubthumping by the former (and not very good) and kinda boring EP by the latter.

Squid
Cable Ties
Blur
The Wedding Present

I'm on the fence about the new Oh Sees release which sounds a LOT like an early Devo tribute
Your band Geese has a new album out next month.

Squid
Cable Ties
Blur
The Wedding Present

Your band Geese has a new album out next month.
Most of the singles dropped have been really good.

I remember my son's School of Rock music director (who used to gig with the Parquet Courts guys before they were Parquet Court's), told me that the bass player kid was in the band... Blew my mind. He laughed that they were already bigger than anything he was ever in.

But that kid was an incredible musician even as a 12/13 yo when we first met him- primarily bass, but fantastic on drums too. And tiny! Always looked like he was playing a half-size bass (and shredding)

Gregory Brown Band - Fade Away

🎶I can feel them closing in on me
Those ghosts of yesterday
Close the door
Turn the lights out Fade Away🎶

I know his hype train is getting ridiculous (apparently more people at his show than either headliner at Boston Calling this weekend) but...

With the anthemic, largely acoustic indie/folk songs about loss, relationships and alcohol, I can't help but get some Frightened Rabbit vibes from Noah Kahan.

I know his hype train is getting ridiculous (apparently more people at his show than either headliner at Boston Calling this weekend) but...

With the anthemic, largely acoustic indie/folk songs about loss, relationships and alcohol, I can't help but get some Frightened Rabbit vibes from Noah Kahan.

Also kind of Mumfording

bar italia is a lower-case London band with a dreamy post-punk sound. They have boy/girl singers trading off; they rarely harmonize but their voices go well together. The album gets a little samey on the back half but I still liked it.

bar italia is a lower-case London band with a dreamy post-punk sound. They have boy/girl singers trading off; they rarely harmonize but their voices go well together. The album gets a little samey on the back half but I still liked it.

I like the album too. Punkt is my favorite song on it.

Cool, thanks. This is in my wheelhouse and really liked it. I’ll definitely be checking out more of his catalog.

GRMLNs daily output has been pretty down tempo homogeneous for a long while, but today's song- Violet2 sounds like it was recorded by somebody else.

Eta... And I'm loving Protomartyrs rebirth album.

We're Team Liam in this house but Noel Gallagher's new album is pretty solid. He can still write a melody and generally sticks to material that fits his voice which means mostly ballads and mid-tempo stuff.

Liam says Oasis is getting back together if Citeh wins the Champions League next Saturday. I don't believe Noel has chimed in though.

Also kind of Mumfording
I'm also getting way more Mumford than Frightened Rabbit vibes.....

Lots of new albums on my radar for June. I’ll save mentioning most of them in case we do a mid-year draft but I’m most eagerly anticipating the new Squid album that comes out Friday.

From early reviews and the three songs released early, it’s more proggy-artsy than their earlier stuff. I think it’s a great direction for their evolution. However, I’m worried that people will be turned off as the songs can take a while to get accustomed to.

Users who are viewing this thread