What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2023 NFL Preseason Game Observations Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
Welcome to the annual preseason game observations thread where the Shark Pool can gather while watching live preseason game action and post observations on what we notice from these games.

Browns rookie OT Dawand Jones dominated. Didn't give up a single pressure on 35 passing plays. Often used his free hand to help block a 2nd defender. Run blocking was just as dominant. Made it look effortless. Can't wait to see him shut down first team defenders.
DTR shined but Dawand was the best player on the field for 60 minutes.

It looked like the first preseason game. My only surprise was Wilson not gettiing more snaps for the Jets. Other than that great to have football back.

It looked like the first preseason game. My only surprise was Wilson not gettiing more snaps for the Jets. Other than that great to have football back.
They might want to try and trade him, don't want to put more awful game film out there

Heard a great line on a podcast today
You have the weirdest, most selfish thoughts watching a preseason game. You want to see confirmation but you don’t want it to be too good. What you really don’t want is Ameer Abdullah one-cut vaulting your guy up two full rounds.

Last edited:
One of the more vicious face masks I've seen in a while, combo/horse collar same time as the face mask which ripped the helmet off.
I would have thrown the defender out of the game, period.
Cunningham was the QB taking the brunt of it

How did Charbonnet look in the 1st half for those watching?

Nick Falato
Zach Charbonnet delivered a "Welcome to the NFL moment" in his first game

The guy getting run over there is Lewis Cine (Georgia); he’s the dude who had a horrific compound fracture to his lower left leg in London last year. They had to leave him in the U.K., required two surgeries.

Scary how Charb lowered his head so far. I know low man wins but that’s brutal to watch frame-by-frame, hits Cine squarely in the left shoulder pad with the crown of his helmet. Helluva collision.

One of the more vicious face masks I've seen in a while, combo/horse collar same time as the face mask which ripped the helmet off.
I would have thrown the defender out of the game, period.
Cunningham was the QB taking the brunt of it

I've been all for implementing a Replay VAR type system in The NFL where excessive penalties could result in an ejection. not just targeting but plays like that. Zero need for it. Not sure if it' was intentional and I don't know these guys well enough but a replay system like that would do wonders for those type of plays.

Lions trying to showcase their 3 young offensive studs, have come up empty so far.
Gibbs, Jamo, LaPorta

Users who are viewing this thread