What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 NY Giants - (Schoen & Daboll episode 2 – Danny turns Dimes into Dollars) (2 Viewers)

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton

Early guess at #NYGiants offensive line for Sunday against one of the best defensive fronts in the league if Evan Neal does not play

LT Justin Pugh
LG Mark Glowinski
C Ben Bredeson
RG Marcus McKethan
RT Tyre Phillips

:oldunsure:
Just gonna go pick up Washington's defense

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton

Early guess at #NYGiants offensive line for Sunday against one of the best defensive fronts in the league if Evan Neal does not play

LT Justin Pugh
LG Mark Glowinski
C Ben Bredeson
RG Marcus McKethan
RT Tyre Phillips

:oldunsure:
No way ...
LT Tyre Phillips
LG Justin Pugh
C Ben Bredeson
RG Mark Glowinski or Marcus McKethan
RT Evan Neal

Didn't know know Neal is injured ... WTF now

Whatever they're feeding the O linemen. Change it!
Whatever training regimen they're giving the O linemen. Change it!
Cheese and Rice this is getting awful.

Losing Neal isn't necessarily a bad thing. They can give others a try and maybe they can find someone who can actually block. Who am I to say anything, though? I just a sheep who doesn't make millions of dollars a year like he does.

Losing Neal isn't necessarily a bad thing. They can give others a try and maybe they can find someone who can actually block. Who am I to say anything, though? I just a sheep who doesn't make millions of dollars a year like he does.
I dont like losing Neal. He was the 7th pick in the draft ... We need him to develope into something

I dont like losing Neal. He was the 7th pick in the draft ... We need him to develope into something
I expected significant growth from him this year, which I don't think was asking for much considering how bad he was last year. He hasn't though, and the team needs to put together the best o-line it can more than to develop him into a RT. IMO they should move him to LG, where hopefully being next to Thomas will help him develop, and continue looking for a RT. They need upgrades at G and RT anyway so maybe they can do both by making a change.

I expected significant growth from him this year, which I don't think was asking for much considering how bad he was last year. He hasn't though, and the team needs to put together the best o-line it can more than to develop him into a RT. IMO they should move him to LG, where hopefully being next to Thomas will help him develop, and continue looking for a RT. They need upgrades at G and RT anyway so maybe they can do both by making a change.
IMO they should move him to LG, where hopefully being next to Thomas will help him develop, and continue looking for a RT.
I agree 100% with that ... Neal was more successful on the Left Side at bama
However they wont be able to develop him anywhere if he is injured.

Giants coulda beat Seattle
Giants shoulda beat Buffalo
Giants coulda shoulda be 4-3.
Definitely Shoulda beat Buffalo ... It's crazy how many things had to go wrong for them to lose that game.
And even at 3-4 they would be in much better shape with a break in the schedule

I didn’t get to see the game yesterday but did see some highlights
Good win for the team. The defense seems to be coming along, this is two good weeks in a row for them.
A rare Saquon fumble and Gano miss made the score look closer.
Good to see Waller being used and Hyatt coming to life.

Good win for the team. The defense seems to be coming along, this is two good weeks in a row for them.
Everything good came in the first half. All of the offense, the sacks and the Int
Giants looked lousy in the 2nd half and were pretty lucky to come away with the win.
They are not really carrying much, if any, momentum into next weeks game

Everything good came in the first half. All of the offense, the sacks and the Int
Giants looked lousy in the 2nd half and were pretty lucky to come away with the win.
But I have a feeling they won't need much motivation next week.

Barkley's fumble was late in the 2nd half.
It looks like that was a good drive that included a big play to Hyatt. They had a chance to go up 14 or 10 late without the fumble.

DJ officially out.
Andrew Thomas is doubtful

JMS, Neal, Waller, Adoree and Kayvon all questionable

"A few financial notes to start your Sunday morning:

• The full details on Justin Pugh's enhanced contract — he can earn up to $1.1M more than the minimum. An impressive score for a practice squad promotion.
• The Giants have the least cap space in the league.

They'll need to make a move to create space in the near future. We'll find out this week if that'll be through trade or restructure."

Fire sale time !!!!!
Wouldve luved to have traded Tyrod and Waller but of corse they both got injured
Wouldve loved to trade Adore but of corse he sux and costs the Giants the game
Williams, Gano , Mckinney, should all be on the block as should Saquon for an overpay

Last edited:
Gano is a total POS
Seems a little harsh. He has been dealing with a non kicking leg issue the past couple weeks. May be contributing to the three missed field goals the last two games, but who knows.

From 2020 - 2022 he made 89 of 97 fg attempts for the NYG. Guy has been $.

I like coach Brian
But a couple bad decisions PROBABLY cost his team the game
Hate to talk coulda shoulda woulda
But shoulda gone for the fourth and 1 instead of trying the field goal,even if it was good
First down ends the game. Give Barkley a chance to pick up a yard,or,run the same play they scored the touchdown on
Just my 2 cents

Gano is a total POS
Seems a little harsh. He has been dealing with a non kicking leg issue the past couple weeks. May be contributing to the three missed field goals the last two games, but who knows.

I didn't know Gano was injured. Makes the decision to kick the FG instead of handing it to Saquon on 4th down even more iffy.

The decision to take the ball in overtime after winning the toss was dumb.
Neither offense could move the ball, kick it off and try to pin them back deep. Play field position

Gano is a total POS

I didn't know Gano was injured. Makes the decision to kick the FG instead of handing it to Saquon on 4th down even more iffy.

The decision to take the ball in overtime after winning the toss was dumb.
Neither offense could move the ball, kick it off and try to pin them back deep. Play field position

I agree it was dumb to take the ball in OT ... That is really obvious
I disagree on the 4th and 1 / FG decision ... If they hit the FG the games is over, the Jets arent scoring a TD ... If they miss it's basically the same as going for it and not making it.
I think it's more likely they hit the chip shot FG than get the 4th and 1
The coaching fell apart at the end of the game ... the decision to finally stop running, only to throw 3 passes behind the line of scrimmage, was weird as hell

Last edited:
The sell off begins
Top five pick next year
O-line?
qb?
edge rusher?
corner?
Hopefully they wont win another game this year ... the problem is they still need a lot, including a Stud DT to replace Williams along side Dex
If Jones doesnt show anything the rest of this year i'd like 1 of these 4 and probably in this order I

1. QB CALEB WILLIAMS, USC

Williams has been one of college football's top playmakers for three years. He is always a threat to advance the football with his arms and legs. The NFL covets quarterbacks who can create on their own. No one does that better than Caleb Williams.

Click here to see PFF's full top 200 big board

2. WR MARVIN HARRISON JR., OHIO STATE

Imagine if former Colts legend Marvin Harrison Sr. was 4 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. That's a good way to explain his son as a prospect. MHJ's technique is beyond his years. He has elite body control, reliable hands and WR1 athletic ability.

3. QB DRAKE MAYE, NORTH CAROLINA

Maye possesses ideal NFL arm talent. He can hit just about any throw asked of him at the pro level with velocity and ball placement. He still puts the ball in harm's way with more turnovers than you'd like, but the magnitude of the good he can do as a passer far outweighs the bad.

4. T OLUMUYIWA FASHANU, PENN STATE

Olu Fashanu is one of the smoothest movers we've seen in pass protection since Tyron Smith and Joe Thomas. His tenacity in the run game could be better, but he's a dream offensive tackle prospect for what he can do as a pass-blocker.

New York Giants: Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State

The Giants may not be willing to push Evan Neal inside to guard so early given their high investment in him, but if they end up with a stud like Fashanu still on the board, it only makes sense. The Penn State tackle is a phenomenal athlete with the agility, power, length, body control and rapidly improving technique to dominate in the NFL in due time.

Last edited:
The sell off begins
Top five pick next year
O-line?
qb?
edge rusher?
corner?
Oline. Then the next pick should be Oline. And the one after that too. It is beyond ridiculous that the Giants have had poor Oline play for this long. Doesn't matter who they have at QB until this gets fixed.

Now its time for the Giants to see if 2022 1st Rd bust Evan Neal has Good to Very Good offensive Guard potential as opposed to the Bad to OK offensive Tackle potential he has shown.
Bite the bullet and cut the losses.

I'd be a little bummed if we went Offensive Tackle with the 1st round pick. That'd be the 3rd time a top 10 draft pick was used here since 2020.

Biggest thing in my mind coming into this year was how would Evan Neal progress...well, it's not been pretty. His comments a few weeks back about the fans as "sheep, fair-weather hamburger and hot dog flippers" was not a good look at all. Side-note, how long does Daboll keep his buddy Bobby Johnson, OL coach, around? Hoping that leash is real short.

QB - Jones, while they did give him that contract, he wasn't drafted by the current regime. If Schoen and team see it in Williams or Maye, go get him.

WR - Harrison and I like Keon Coleman as well. A #1 to pair with Hyatt and Wan'dale going forward....Garrett Wilson just had 100 yds on us with Zach Wilson throwing the ball.

Edge - We've seen Ojulari isn't dependable. Need more here.

OT - ugh, c'mon Evan show us something.

Someone is gonna get a real nice player in that TE from Georgia.

Loved the Leonard Williams trade, get a 2nd and some games to see more of what we have in DJ Davidson and Jordan Riley.

Now, if someone would please come along and offer a pick for Adoree' Jackson.

Just noticed they have 95 total points in 8 games for 11.8 pts a game. Smh. Got me wondering about worst spring team ever. Any know?

Last edited:
:tfp:

- Devito likely be starter rest of the way

- There is some kind of disconnect with this Giants team.
Xavier McKinney: "Giants leaders ‘not really being heard"

1. Arizona
2. Carolina -> Chicago
3. Chicago
4. :bag:

Chicago plays both Carolina and Arizona, 2 wins going to someone.

1. Arizona
2. Carolina -> Chicago
3. Chicago

With Devito as the starter, the #1 pick is not out of the realm of possibilities.

1. Arizona
2. Carolina -> Chicago
3. Chicago

Glad to hear from Mckinney ... I was getting worried something had happened to him. He's been MIA for a couple years now

Users who are viewing this thread