What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 NY Giants - (Schoen & Daboll episode 2 – Danny turns Dimes into Dollars) (1 Viewer)

Barkley, A. Thomas, Bredeson, and Azeez are out for tomorrow against the 49ers.
Giants work out former Giant Justin Pugh
hard to see upside for the NYG offense. I am sitting Jones tonight, you guys think he can do ok from a fantasy perspective (multiple runs, garbage points, etc.)?
I am between a rock and a hard place this week. My QBs are Jones and Fields. I like Jones play more than Fields so far this season but the loss of Barkley has me leaning Fields.

Final Score prediction tonight:

49ers: 31
Giants: 13

Don't think it will be a fun game to watch for anyone, but I AM rooting for you guys :wink:

hard to see upside for the NYG offense. I am sitting Jones tonight, you guys think he can do ok from a fantasy perspective (multiple runs, garbage points, etc.)?
I'd sit him too, probably be running for his life again. G-men without their two best players on offense in Barkley and Thomas. San Fran D is loaded at all three levels. Don't see the Giants being able to put together sustained drives against this D unless extended by penalties. Will need some chunk plays but not sure DJ will have time. Giants have shown so far they have trouble stopping the run. San fran should own the TOP in this one. I predict less than 200 yds passing, 40-50 yds rushing, 1 TD and 2 turnovers.

any take on Wandale Robinson? been injured since last year & apparently ready now. Was he a good prospect? decent player? High draft pick?

any take on Wandale Robinson? been injured since last year & apparently ready now. Was he a good prospect? decent player? High draft pick?
2nd round pick in Schoen/Daboll's first draft. Slot receiver. Tore his ACL last November. Had 13 (for 100yds) of his 31 targets in the last game he played in.

He will be worked in given the 2nd round pick status but they may go slowly with it.

WR room - Slayton and Hodgins are the top 2, Campbell at 3 (but unimpressive so far) and Hyatt should be seeing more reps. Will probably be competing with Campbell and Hyatt for reps in 3wr sets.

He also lined up as a running back at Nebraska before he transferred to Kentucky. Wouldn't shock me if we see him back there on occasion while Saquon is out.

I read that Shane Lemieux is getting the start at LG tonight.
Anyone have any good Netflix recommendations for tonight?

"Deonte Banks said he got kneed in the upper arm. Didn’t seem overly concerned, but won’t know until he gets an MRI tomorrow.

Adoree’ Jackson said he hurt his shoulder, but is fine. He finished the game."

40, 28, 30 - Wink and the D better start figuring some stuff out. I'm seeing too many missed tackles, too much jogging to the ball carrier. What happened to all 11 guys running to the football every play? Run D hasn't gotten any better from last year.

I figured when I saw the schedule it would be a 1-2 start but the two losses show we haven't gained any ground on the upper echelon teams in the NFC. Game against Seattle is huge for our chance of staying close/making the playoffs as they are likely a team we'll be competing with for wildcard spots.

"Deonte Banks said he got kneed in the upper arm. Didn’t seem overly concerned, but won’t know until he gets an MRI tomorrow.

40, 28, 30 - Wink and the D better start figuring some stuff out. I'm seeing too many missed tackles, too much jogging to the ball carrier. What happened to all 11 guys running to the football every play? Run D hasn't gotten any better from last year.

I figured when I saw the schedule it would be a 1-2 start but the two losses show we haven't gained any ground on the upper echelon teams in the NFC. Game against Seattle is huge for our chance of staying close/making the playoffs as they are likely a team we'll be competing with for wildcard spots.
i think the defense was just completely worn down with the short week and probably tired legs from the Arizona game. i forget the stat they said in the middle of the game, but 9ers had the ball twice as long as Giants I believe. Hopefully you guys heal up over the mini-break here and can come out swinging

The missed tackles were the game last night. There were a couple 3rd down plays in the first half where the 49ers were 3rd and long and threw short and still got the 1st.

I cant believe people thought this team was a playoff contender or that they gave that much money to Jones. The talent disparity between them and the 49ers is ENORMOUS. Talent wise they are closer to the Cardinals than the 49ers.

The Giants don't look right. Lot of injuries and with Daniel Jones already had 4 INTs thru 3 games when he had 5 all of last year is concerning. Not sure what is going on with the defense. It was tough watching SF convert screen after screen on 3rd and long.

I agree, not surprised by the 1-2 record at this point.

Don’t like how the defense has looked at all, they look soft and can’t get off the field on 3rd down. Giving up just over 4 yards per carry, created no turnovers.

On the bright side, they have 11 days to rest and get some injured players back. Neal didn’t look terrible last. Marcus McKethan looked ok at RG.

Micah McFadden played like a stud last night, he was all over the field tackling guys 1-on-1 and covering people. Highlight player of the night for the G-Men.
I cant believe people thought this team was a playoff contender or that they gave that much money to Jones. The talent disparity between them and the 49ers is ENORMOUS. Talent wise they are closer to the Cardinals than the 49ers.
The Giants operate the O in a very narrow spectrum right now and for some reason Brian Daboll doesn't seem interested in expanding it. Short passes to the flat and nothing risky for Jones, just stay close and grind out a win. Kinda hard to do that w/o your best offensive weapon.

EDIT: Or using your fastest rookie WR.

Last edited:
Micah McFadden played like a stud last night, he was all over the field tackling guys 1-on-1 and covering people. Highlight player of the night for the G-Men.
The Giants operate the O in a very narrow spectrum right now and for some reason Brian Daboll doesn't seem interested in expanding it. Short passes to the flat and nothing risky for Jones, just stay close and grind out a win. Kinda hard to do that w/o your best offensive weapon.

The Oline is a disaster and Barkley, their best blocking RB, was out.
The reason the niners only had 2 sacks is because the plan was to get rid of the ball as fast as possible. No time to go deep.

This long break is the best thing that could happen right now.
If Thomas, Bredeson, and Barkley are back for Monday night vs the Seahawks ... I think we will see the Giants open up the offense against SEA.
Also, I dont think SEA has much of a pass rush ... this will probably be the weakest Dline the Giants have faced so far.

The reason the niners only had 2 sacks is because the plan was to get rid of the ball as fast as possible. No time to go deep.

If Thomas, Bredeson, and Barkley are back for Monday night vs the Seahawks ... I think we will see the Giants open up the offense against SEA.
Also, I dont think SEA has much of a pass rush ... this will probably be the weakest Dline the Giants have faced so far.
I thought Barkley was a horrendous pass blocker

Giants PFF Oline Ratings are disgusting through 3 games
C - John Michael Schmitz Jr. 44.8 (30th of 33) Surprised his rating is so low but he is a Rookie Surrounded by crap Guards - Promising
G - Marcus McKethan - 47.2 (59th of 68) Promising
G - Mark Glowinski - 49.7 (50th of 68)
G - Shane Lemieux - 31.6 (HOW THE HELL IS THIS GUYS STILL ON THE TEAM !!!!!!)
T - Evan Neal 40.9 (69th of 70) Panick Time !
T - Joshua Ezeudu (57th of 70) 49.4 - Promising

Thomas (62.1) and Bredeson (61.2) have been about league avg but easily their 2 best Olineman ... unfortunately both are injured

and Thibodeaux is digraceful
  • I've been watching him very closely this year and have to say ... he is an absolute embarrassment of a player and almost certainly a 1st round bust.
  • His PFF Score of 36.6 through 3 games ( 96th of 100 Edge Rushers) backs that up.
  • His next hard hit will be his 1st of this season and maybe his career.
  • He's just not a football player ... Watch him do absolutely nothing as he watches Jake Brendel try to tear of his teammate (DJ Davidson) arm right in front of him. https://twitter.com/goldeneagleFB/status/1705050470958407805?s=20
  • He's weak as hell for an Edge rusher, has no moves at all, and takes himself out of every play trying to run around the OT's
  • Almost all of the few sacks he has have been coverage sacks or the Qb is forced into him by another player

I thought Barkley was a horrendous pass blocker
He was early in his career but has improve to the point that he is now good to very good

PFF - NFL offensive line rankings ahead of Week 3

32. NEW YORK GIANTS (NO CHANGE)

Projected Week 3 starters:​

LT Joshua Ezeudu
LG Mark Glowinski
C John Michael Schmitz Jr.
RG Marcus McKethan
RT Evan Neal

The Giants' offensive line has allowed seven sacks this season, which is tied for the most in the league.

All Things considered - The Giants Starting Oline Going into the 9ers games had 3 starters who were essentially rookies with a combined 6 career starts
A Four year veteran who has somehow manged to hang on despite being the worst G in the NFL according to PFF (2 starts in the last 2 seasons)
And Evan Neal who has been one of the worst RTs in the NFL so far in his career ...
The Oline is ranked dead last at 32 by PFF
Yet somehow the Giants were within 1 score heading into the 4th Quarter against arguably the best team in the NFC on the road (West Coast)

LT - Ezeudu - 2nd year - 3 Career starts (1 start at LT)
LG - Lemieux 11 Career Starts ( 2 starts since 2021)
C - Schmidtz Rookie- 2 Career Starts
RG - McKethan - Essentially a Rookie - 1 Career Start
RT - Neal - 2nd Year - 15 Career Starts

I think the Giants beat SEA pretty easily next Monday night and take 1 of 2 against MIA / BUF the following weeks to start the season 3-3 before the schedule eases up a bit

Small sample size but we all see the lack of sacks.

"The #Giants blitz the most in the #NFL, but have the 2nd lowest 'Sack %"
Not that small ... 3 games most blitzes fewest sacks ... Tells me "Stop Blitzing"

2023 NFL defense rankings: https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-defense-rankings/

28. New York Giants​

• Previously: 25th in NFL defense rankings
Don ‘Wink’ Martindale will never change his defensive philosophy and that might actually be to the detriment of the New York Giants’ defense. Heading into Week 4, New York leads the NFL in blitz rate (53.1%) and it’s not close. Yet, despite all of those extra defenders being sent toward the quarterback, the Giants have the ninth-lowest pressure rate (16.7%), allowing the sixth-most yards per play (5.6) and the seventh-most rushing yards per game (138). Facing Geno Smith, Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf in Week 4 looks ugly for New York.

Jordan Raanan

"Giants coach Brian Daboll says all the injured players are making “progress.” LG Ben Bredeson has cleared concussion protocol.

If Andrew Thomas (hamstring) returns, offensive line will retake shape like this:

LT Andrew Thomas LG Ben Bredeson C John Michael Schmitz RG Marcus McKethan RT Evan Neal

McKethan is the right guard, per Daboll. That won’t change vs Seahawks."

Jordan Raanan

"Giants coach Brian Daboll says all the injured players are making “progress.” LG Ben Bredeson has cleared concussion protocol.

If Andrew Thomas (hamstring) returns, offensive line will retake shape like this:

LT Andrew Thomas LG Ben Bredeson C John Michael Schmitz RG Marcus McKethan RT Evan Neal

I guess Ezeudu is the Swing Tackle and possibly Guard depth
Regardless I hope to never see Lemeuix on the field again ... He is the worst of the worst and he's been proving it for years now

Jordan Raanan

I guess Ezeudu is the Swing Tackle and possibly Guard depth
Regardless I hope to never see Lemeuix on the field again ... He is the worst of the worst and he's been proving it for years now
Yeah - saw that Daboll said that Ezeudu is a backup for all OL positions except center. Glowinski went from week 1 starter to hope we don't see him again.

Giants’ Leonard Williams thinks 49ers’ lineman should be fined for cheap shot on his teammate​

But not Thibodeaux ...
“I was right there,” Thibodeaux said. “Should (Brendel) get fined? You got to protect yourself. A lot of stuff happens out there. I can’t really speak to whether it was intentional. It’s tough man. I’m a guy who lets up before it gets too much, but then guys put me on my back. It’s all about defending yourself, but I don’t really have an opinion on whether there should be a fine or not, but you do always have to protect yourself in a game like this.”

How does an NFL player make a comment like that !?!?!?!?

Keyvon Thibodeaux: "I’m a guy who lets up before it gets too much, but then guys put me on my back."

Good !!! ... I hope you get knocked on your azz on Monday Night Football !!!!
****ty player and ****ty teammate !

I think he meant he lets up when things start to get heated and rather than get a 15 yard penalty he stops the cheap , unnecessary stuff.
But understans how a player would "protect" himself.
Just the impression I got seeing the interview.

I think he meant he lets up when things start to get heated and rather than get a 15 yard penalty he stops the cheap , unnecessary stuff.
But understans how a player would "protect" himself.
Just the impression I got seeing the interview.
Didnt look like it was heated or that Davidson was engaging ... that's what makes it a cheap shot ???

You just ruined my day :crying:
Sorry Qammy.

I didn't like seeing week to week for Thomas either (after practicing Thursday). They really screwed up letting him continue to play most of the game (a game early on that everyone could see we weren't getting a W) after he got hurt.

Huge game coming up, don't get a win and probably looking at 1-5 before they play the Commanders and Jets...trade deadline is a few days after the Jet game.

If things really go south, wonder if there'd be a market for Adoree, Leonard W. and ... Barkley (?). No idea what their plans are with Saquon but his impact on the offense is clear.

Last edited:
I FEAR The Giants are following the "2023 New York City Underperforming Tour". Yankees,Mets,Jets...
I HOPE I am wrong,they get a win against Seattle,survive Miami and Buffalo then get relevant again after that.
They need Barkley on the field. They need the defense to step up and play much better.
Seattle has some injury issues in their secondary. Missing Thomas is tough but if the o-line can protect just a little there will be chances to hit some plays downfield.
Fear and Hope. All part of being a GFFL.

I FEAR The Giants are following the "2023 New York City Underperforming Tour". Yankees,Mets,Jets...
I HOPE I am wrong,they get a win against Seattle,survive Miami and Buffalo then get relevant again after that.
They need Barkley on the field. They need the defense to step up and play much better.
Seattle has some injury issues in their secondary. Missing Thomas is tough but if the o-line can protect just a little there will be chances to hit some plays downfield.
Fear and Hope. All part of being a GFFL.
Yeah I'm not getting a good vibe.
Seattle was missing 4 of their DBs last week ... They are getting their 2 best ones back tonight Jamal Adams & Tariq Woolen.

Was at the game tonight, 40 yard line, lower level row 16, it was horrific. Jones terrible, OLine terrible, play calling terrible

Dolphins and Bills up next on the schedule. This is gonna get ugly(er) real fast. Jones already has more INTs this year than all of last year 4 games into the season. And at least one more season of paying him before the team can get out from the deal.

If they set their mind to it,I think we can take that number one pick away from The Bears.
Keep Andrew and Michael on the O-line
Draft O-line at #1 or #2 or #3,wherever we are.
Draft O-line early second round
Then early third round I'd say draft O-line.

11 days to prepare and this is what we get. :poop:

We really should be 0-4, if not for one second half miracle.
Yeah that was the MOST pathetic thing about last night. 11 damn days to get ready and they seemed to be calling plays as if their OL isn’t banged up. Not that it’s great when they are healthy but good grief.

The opening drive wasn’t bad. But why don’t they call any screen plays early on to try to slow down the pass rush? **** as bad as the OL is the DL probably wouldn’t notice it was screen play.

Users who are viewing this thread