What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (2 Viewers)

They’re turning into the Patriots. They’re a well coached, smart team with a studly clutch QB. They don’t make mistakes when it matters but their opponents do (e.g. see Cowboys, Chiefs, Bills games). They’re a very good team but on paper they do not appear to be far superior to the other very good teams. Any one of those games could have easily gone the other way. Time will tell if this team actually becomes the Patriots (i.e. multiple championships).

Howie Roseman will need to continue to draft well. If he does, the winning will be sustainable for a long, long, time.

Nice win against the Bills.

While I still question your team’s overall national media perception vs. actual play (eyeball test).
Care to elaborate?

I will say this team is even better than last year. Not pretty but they win. Only way to beat us seems to force 4 turnovers. Good luck whiners
I find this take absurd, and I bleed green. Dallas, KC, and Buffalo were ALL within a couple of plays. The Eagles found ways to win, and deserve to be considered elite....but the top opponents don't need to go the Jets/luck route to have a chance

They’re turning into the Patriots. They’re a well coached, smart team with a studly clutch QB. They don’t make mistakes when it matters but their opponents do (e.g. see Cowboys, Chiefs, Bills games). They’re a very good team but on paper they do not appear to be far superior to the other very good teams. Any one of those games could have easily gone the other way. Time will tell if this team actually becomes the Patriots (i.e. multiple championships).
It’s funny hearing this. Lately, my thoughts have been that this is a make it or break it year. There are a lot of vets on the team that’ll likely be retiring, Super Bowl or no.

Kelce is done after this year. Lane will give a lot of thought to retiring after this year, too. If they win the Lombardi, my bet is he retires. Mailata, Dickerson, Jurgens, Steen and Driscoll is a big step down from the present line.

Hurts, AJ and Devonta are locked up, but all the RBs contracts are up in ‘24. So are Quez and OZ’s.

On Defense, they’ll likely lose Fletch and BG. Gonna need another DT and an EDGE.

LB, they’ll be starting from scratch- Cunningham and Morrow are both one-year rentals. Dran can’t stay healthy and looked like a liability on the field.

The secondary is a mess. Slay is still serviceable, but lost a step. Bradberry is toast- either mentally, physically or both. He needs to go. But cutting either one of them is a ton of dead cap. Ricks looks promising, but has struggled playing out of position in the slot. McPherson had a promising start to the season, but can never seem to get on the field.

We’ll get Maddox back and lose Roby, in the slot. I like the addition of Byard at S, he’s a quality vet and an outspoken leader. I think a lot of the post-bye adjustments to the D were his input to Desai. Reed is solid, but not spectacular. Sydney Brown could be a real player if he studies hard and learns how to read Offenses better. He relies on aggression and speed now, which is great but leads to huge breakdowns.

ST has been improved. Covey has been better than last year, but I’d love to see a better PR. Still need a punter.

So, all that crap to say- this team is not gonna look the same next year. Major losses coming. Solid core, but could definitely take a step back. Siri’s a solid coach and the culture on the team is amazing and will continue to be.

But this is their best shot at a Championship in the near future. And I’d live to see Kelce, Lane, BG and Fletch go out on top.

While I still question your team’s overall national media perception vs. actual play (eyeball test).
Care to elaborate?

I will say this team is even better than last year. Not pretty but they win. Only way to beat us seems to force 4 turnovers. Good luck whiners
I find this take absurd, and I bleed green. Dallas, KC, and Buffalo were ALL within a couple of plays. The Eagles found ways to win, and deserve to be considered elite....but the top opponents don't need to go the Jets/luck route to have a chance

it is. but i like to believe its true!

It’s funny hearing this. Lately, my thoughts have been that this is a make it or break it year. There are a lot of vets on the team that’ll likely be retiring, Super Bowl or no.

Kelce is done after this year. Lane will give a lot of thought to retiring after this year, too. If they win the Lombardi, my bet is he retires. Mailata, Dickerson, Jurgens, Steen and Driscoll is a big step down from the present line.

Hurts, AJ and Devonta are locked up, but all the RBs contracts are up in ‘24. So are Quez and OZ’s.

On Defense, they’ll likely lose Fletch and BG. Gonna need another DT and an EDGE.

LB, they’ll be starting from scratch- Cunningham and Morrow are both one-year rentals. Dran can’t stay healthy and looked like a liability on the field.

The secondary is a mess. Slay is still serviceable, but lost a step. Bradberry is toast- either mentally, physically or both. He needs to go. But cutting either one of them is a ton of dead cap. Ricks looks promising, but has struggled playing out of position in the slot. McPherson had a promising start to the season, but can never seem to get on the field.

We’ll get Maddox back and lose Roby, in the slot. I like the addition of Byard at S, he’s a quality vet and an outspoken leader. I think a lot of the post-bye adjustments to the D were his input to Desai. Reed is solid, but not spectacular. Sydney Brown could be a real player if he studies hard and learns how to read Offenses better. He relies on aggression and speed now, which is great but leads to huge breakdowns.

ST has been improved. Covey has been better than last year, but I’d love to see a better PR. Still need a punter.

So, all that crap to say- this team is not gonna look the same next year. Major losses coming. Solid core, but could definitely take a step back. Siri’s a solid coach and the culture on the team is amazing and will continue to be.

But this is their best shot at a Championship in the near future. And I’d live to see Kelce, Lane, BG and Fletch go out on top.

Lane Johnson isn't retiring, he just signed an extension in the offseason. He's going to be around for a couple more years. I would bet that Howie either drafts an OL in the 1/2 rounds or he signs a guard in the offseason (a la Brandon Brooks) to solidify the interior line when Jurgens slides over to center.

I'm not overly concerned about the CBs. They got Isaiah Rodgers coming in next season. (https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/isaiah-rodgers-colts-best-kept-secret). I also think Howie will go hard in FA for another CB. There was too much smoke at the trade deadline about Johnson and Surtain so you know Howie is aware.

In Howie we trust.

Lane Johnson isn't retiring, he just signed an extension in the offseason. He's going to be around for a couple more years. I would bet that Howie either drafts an OL in the 1/2 rounds or he signs a guard in the offseason (a la Brandon Brooks) to solidify the interior line when Jurgens slides over to center.

I'm not overly concerned about the CBs. They got Isaiah Rodgers coming in next season. (https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/isaiah-rodgers-colts-best-kept-secret). I also think Howie will go hard in FA for another CB. There was too much smoke at the trade deadline about Johnson and Surtain so you know Howie is aware.

In Howie we trust.
i'd also like to see if they get anything from Keely Ringo. The kid has talent, is pretty young and good measurable.

In Howie we trust.
I forgot all about Lane’s extension. I’d love it if he sticks around thru ‘26, but I’ll be surprised if he does. The last couple off seasons, he seems like he has one foot out the door to retiring.

Forgot about Rodgers, too. But I’m not holding out hope he is the answer. I trust Howie, for sure. Between the draft and FA, he always does a great job. Just bummed that the big win of the off season: re-signing Slay and Bradberry, turned out not so great.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA

Obviously you guys know the team’s situation way more than I do but my Patriots comparison was largely based on the similarities that I see with regards to coaching (although Nick’s personality is sharp contrast to Belichick) and the QB. Personnel will change over time but these are 2 constants for years to come.

Care to elaborate?

Again, I am not trolling or talking crap. I always try to be respectful in other team’s threads. I much prefer talking ball.

The Eagles deserve to be ranked 1 in power rankings etc. I am not disagreeing. The Eagles are a quality team.

My eye test, tells me that they aren’t significantly better than teams they will have to beat to get to a Championship. I think fans sometimes trick themselves to look at their record and think they are “elite” or unbeatable.

I think the secondary is going to be a problem for the Eagles, when they consistently play better passing teams that can pass protect. Yes, you have weapons too and can outscore this problem. Been some favorable officiating calls that have gone your way. (I’m not saying this explains your record). The margins between a win/loss is razor thin.

I think the Eagles are in a tier with 5 teams that would be a 50/50 coin flip to win if the SB happened tomorrow.

I don’t think I’m alone in that observation. The betting public is talking with their money this week.

It’s been a fun year so far - enjoying seeing where this goes.

DeSean Jackson to retire as an Eagles set to sign a 1 day contract on Friday. Well deserved was kicked off the team by a egomaniac

Lane's extension was more of a cap/flexibility move, and a way to get him more money in the present that is in line with the other top RTs. If we somehow win the SB this season, I think it's more likely he calls it quits than stays another year or two. Regardless, I think the front office is already in the mindset that RT is the #1 priority in the upcoming draft.

On Covey, I know he got off to an iffy start last year but in general the special teams unit was not clicking. He showed promise in the later half of the season and then this season, where special teams is #1 (based on DVOA) in the league, he's a top 3 PR, with an argument to be made he's the best. Keeps the ball secure, is smart with his decisions to take it back or fair catch, leads the entire NFL in punt return yardage with 295 and is 2nd in average yards per return (14.8 per, which is within striking distance of Westbrook's franchise-best 15.3 in 2003.) Since 2022 he is #1 in punt return yards (603), 15-plus yard returns (17), 20-plus yard returns (9), and 25-plus yard returns (6). This season alone he has returns of 18, 20, 25, 25, 26, 30 and 52 yards. I was sour on both him and Michael Clay coming into the season, but they've turned me around 180 degrees. Maybe he gets dismissed because he's never taken one to the house but otherwise he's putting up the same, or better, numbers than previous ace special teamers like Sproles or Mitchell.

My eye test, tells me that they aren’t significantly better than teams they will have to beat to get to a Championship.
I don't think anyone in this thread or the Philly fanbase would disagree. We've been beating them up all season precisely because they aren't looking significantly better, when they have the talent to be. But as the 10-1 record shows, you don't have to be significantly better than anyone for it to still count as a W. Just need to beat those teams, and they have :shrug:

Care to elaborate?

Again, I am not trolling or talking crap. I always try to be respectful in other team’s threads. I much prefer talking ball.

The Eagles deserve to be ranked 1 in power rankings etc. I am not disagreeing. The Eagles are a quality team.

My eye test, tells me that they aren’t significantly better than teams they will have to beat to get to a Championship. I think fans sometimes trick themselves to look at their record and think they are “elite” or unbeatable.

I think the secondary is going to be a problem for the Eagles, when they consistently play better passing teams that can pass protect. Yes, you have weapons too and can outscore this problem. Been some favorable officiating calls that have gone your way. (I’m not saying this explains your record). The margins between a win/loss is razor thin.

I think the Eagles are in a tier with 5 teams that would be a 50/50 coin flip to win if the SB happened tomorrow.

I don’t think I’m alone in that observation. The betting public is talking with their money this week.

our secondary gives up plays constantly. they need to totally revamp it after this season.

In Howie we trust.
I forgot all about Lane’s extension. I’d love it if he sticks around thru ‘26, but I’ll be surprised if he does. The last couple off seasons, he seems like he has one foot out the door to retiring.

Forgot about Rodgers, too. But I’m not holding out hope he is the answer. I trust Howie, for sure. Between the draft and FA, he always does a great job. Just bummed that the big win of the off season: re-signing Slay and Bradberry, turned out not so great.

I view Rodgers in the Bradberry role. #2 CB. They need to go get their next Slay.

My eye test, tells me that they aren’t significantly better than teams they will have to beat to get to a Championship.
I don't think anyone in this thread or the Philly fanbase would disagree. We've been beating them up all season precisely because they aren't looking significantly better, when they have the talent to be. But as the 10-1 record shows, you don't have to be significantly better than anyone for it to still count as a W. Just need to beat those teams, and they have :shrug:
I was asked to clarify my eye test comment - that’s what this post is.

Care to elaborate?

My reply would be what teams in the playoffs will they face that will have "better passing teams that can protect"? San Fran is probably the biggest threat to the Eagles getting back to the Superbowl, but their OL isn't great. They got Trent Williams and JAGs.

ETA: This week the Eagles are playing a team with 10 days rest after playing in OT the week before. They have to do it again next week too. Their schedule may be one of the toughest a team has had to face in quite some time.

I am curious to know - who would you all rather play in the NFC Championship against SF or Dallas.

I also wonder the same for SF and Dallas (although - I know who I would rather play). It’s likely all 3 answers would be different.

I am curious to know - who would you all rather play in the NFC Championship against SF or Dallas.

I also wonder the same for SF and Dallas (although - I know who I would rather play). It’s likely all 3 answers would be different.

I think the Eagles would beat either team at home and lose on the road.

If I got to pick, I'd pick Dallas. I find the Cowboys offensive weapons easier to defend for Philly and I don't think Mike McCarthy is an innovative coach. Offensively, the Eagles can score on anybody, so I don't care about the defenses of either team.

Today? I’d rather play the Cowboys. I reserve the right to change my mind after seeing how effective our Defense is putting pressure on Purdy.

But’ I’ll take home field over picking an opponent.

Care to elaborate?

I think our play calling, secondary, and OL was significantly better last year. .02

dont forget we also played the easiest schedule of all time last year as well

Obviously you guys know the team’s situation way more than I do but my Patriots comparison was largely based on the similarities that I see with regards to coaching (although Nick’s personality is sharp contrast to Belichick) and the QB. Personnel will change over time but these are 2 constants for years to come.
What was special about the Patriots (Eagles fan living in NE) was they continued to lose coordinators and veterans yet figured out ways to win. I think the comparison is apt except the Eagles are down like 4 something super bowls before its truly valid.

Lane's extension was more of a cap/flexibility move, and a way to get him more money in the present that is in line with the other top RTs. If we somehow win the SB this season, I think it's more likely he calls it quits than stays another year or two. Regardless, I think the front office is already in the mindset that RT is the #1 priority in the upcoming draft.

On Covey, I know he got off to an iffy start last year but in general the special teams unit was not clicking. He showed promise in the later half of the season and then this season, where special teams is #1 (based on DVOA) in the league, he's a top 3 PR, with an argument to be made he's the best. Keeps the ball secure, is smart with his decisions to take it back or fair catch, leads the entire NFL in punt return yardage with 295 and is 2nd in average yards per return (14.8 per, which is within striking distance of Westbrook's franchise-best 15.3 in 2003.) Since 2022 he is #1 in punt return yards (603), 15-plus yard returns (17), 20-plus yard returns (9), and 25-plus yard returns (6). This season alone he has returns of 18, 20, 25, 25, 26, 30 and 52 yards. I was sour on both him and Michael Clay coming into the season, but they've turned me around 180 degrees. Maybe he gets dismissed because he's never taken one to the house but otherwise he's putting up the same, or better, numbers than previous ace special teamers like Sproles or Mitchell.
Im so waiting for him to break for a TD. I can feel it each time he catches the ball.

I would rather play Dallas. They scream pretender to me. Which playoff teams have they beat?

I'd rather play Dallas. SF is just a better overall squad IMO. Also, I think we beat them this Sunday and I'd be very wary of beating them three times in a row (going back to last year's NFCCG)

Im so waiting for him to break for a TD. I can feel it each time he catches the ball.
Same. Every week I throw a ten spot on Eagles to cover plus a Covey anytime TD just for the hell of it. Its always at like +3000.

Few things to add on Covey. Dude watches every punt return from every team each week. He also returns more punts than others, meaning he fair catches fewer times than most returners. He is one of the top returners in the league right now and the least of our worries. He just needs that one break for a TD.

Just got my STH playoff ticket information email. Let's get that home field advantage!
Same. Not sure if you looked at the Division Round and Championship round prices, or what section you are in, but yowzers. My lower level seats for NFCCG were $375 each seat last year and are $750 each seat this year!! $1,500 for 2 of us to just go to the game at face value price. My upper level seats for the same game were $190 each last year, and this year will be $340 each.

Last edited:

What was special about the Patriots (Eagles fan living in NE) was they continued to lose coordinators and veterans yet figured out ways to win. I think the comparison is apt except the Eagles are down like 4 something super bowls before its truly valid.
Haha exactly. Of course they need to close the deal. It won’t be an easy task by any means.

Just got my STH playoff ticket information email. Let's get that home field advantage!
Same. Not sure if you looked at the Division Round and Championship round prices, or what section you are in, but yowzers. My lower level seats for NFCCG were $375 each last year and are $750 each this year!! My upper level seats for the same game were $190 each, and this year will be $340 each.
NFL will price out eventually anyone who can afford Season Tuvkets then it’ll just be all their corporate buddies. Many sports are doing this as well. I get wanting to make money but it’s now become less about the fans then ever especially ridiculous concession prices as well as team merch especially jerseys. I could see justifying it for cost of labor but most manufacturing workers are paid slave wages and under paid. So the cost goes up but the wages stay the sane and corporations use that to pocket themselves and rest go to political donations to their buddies to keep them rich.

Same. Not sure if you looked at the Division Round and Championship round prices, or what section you are in, but yowzers. My lower level seats for NFCCG were $375 each seat last year and are $750 each seat this year!! $1,500 for 2 of us to just go to the game at face value price. My upper level seats for the same game were $190 each last year, and this year will be $340 each.

That's insane

I'm in section M11. I assume this is total and not per ticket.

Wildcard round: $364
Divisional: $500
Championship: $750

Same. Not sure if you looked at the Division Round and Championship round prices, or what section you are in, but yowzers. My lower level seats for NFCCG were $375 each last year and are $750 each this year!! My upper level seats for the same game were $190 each, and this year will be $340 each.
NFL will price out eventually anyone who can afford Season Tuvkets then it’ll just be all their corporate buddies. Many sports are doing this as well. I get wanting to make money but it’s now become less about the fans then ever especially ridiculous concession prices as well as team merch especially jerseys. I could see justifying it for cost of labor but most manufacturing workers are paid slave wages and under paid. So the cost goes up but the wages stay the sane and corporations use that to pocket themselves and rest go to political donations to their buddies to keep them rich.

It won't price people out. I paid $2500 for my season this year. That's nothing. STH's aren't obligated to pay for playoff games. I do, because I can get 2-3X face for them.

Crazy that we're 10-1 and I'm thinking that this is a must win game coming up. It wouldn't take too much for us to go from the 1 seed to the 5 seed. We play:

SF
Dallas
Seattle
NYG
Arizona
NYG

With a win against SF, we'd be going into Dallas at 11-1, with them being 9-3 (assuming they beat Seattle). I've had the Dallas game as a loss all season and I'm not changing my mind now. So going past that game we'd be 11-2, Dallas would be 10-3. I think we'd win out (even in Seattle) from that point on. While Dallas does have some tough opponents coming up (Bills, Dolphins, Lions, Washington) they are all winnable games. We finish 15-2 and Dallas finishes 14-3, we take the division and the 1 spot.

With a loss against SF, we'd finish tied. Not sure the next tie-breaker. Point is, losing this SF game sets up the Dallas game as an abso-****ing-lutley must win. I don’t feel very good about that.

If we drop to five seed, we obviously lose the bye week, which is horrendous. Worse still, at some point we’ll have to travel to SF. I think we beat sf at home and on a neutral field. I think we lose in SF.

We have to win Sunday.

Crazy that we're 10-1 and I'm thinking that this is a must win game coming up. It wouldn't take too much for us to go from the 1 seed to the 5 seed. We play:

SF
Dallas
Seattle
NYG
Arizona
NYG

With a win against SF, we'd be going into Dallas at 11-1, with them being 9-3 (assuming they beat Seattle). I've had the Dallas game as a loss all season and I'm not changing my mind now. So going past that game we'd be 11-2, Dallas would be 10-3. I think we'd win out (even in Seattle) from that point on. While Dallas does have some tough opponents coming up (Bills, Dolphins, Lions, Washington) they are all winnable games. We finish 15-2 and Dallas finishes 14-3, we take the division and the 1 spot.

With a loss against SF, we'd finish tied. Not sure the next tie-breaker. Point is, losing this SF game sets up the Dallas game as an abso-****ing-lutley must win. I don’t feel very good about that.

If we drop to five seed, we obviously lose the bye week, which is horrendous. Worse still, at some point we’ll have to travel to SF. I think we beat sf at home and on a neutral field. I think we lose in SF.

We have to win Sunday.

We hold the tiebreaker against Dallas based on conference record. The only way Dallas wins the NFC East is if we finish with 4 losses and Dallas wins out.

ETA: This week is important for the #1 seed, not the NFC East.

I think all the pressure is on the Niners after all their talk and whining since the NFCCG. Hope we come out and win but even if we don’t we’ll still be in the drivers seat.

This is the biggest game of the year for us. In every way possible. #1 seed basically on the line. Momentum on the line.

If we win, we permanently sit in the niners heads that no matter how healthy they are, how much rest they get, how much trash they talk, they still can't be the Eagles. That really deflates them. Conversely, if they win, they are riding high for the rest of the year knowing nothing stands in their way and truthfully, nothing does.

Basically just the biggest regular season game in the last 20 years for the Eagles. No pressure.

This is the biggest game of the year for us. In every way possible. #1 seed basically on the line. Momentum on the line.

If we win, we permanently sit in the niners heads that no matter how healthy they are, how much rest they get, how much trash they talk, they still can't be the Eagles. That really deflates them. Conversely, if they win, they are riding high for the rest of the year knowing nothing stands in their way and truthfully, nothing does.

Basically just the biggest regular season game in the last 20 years for the Eagles. No pressure.
That can't be right. They've had regular season games in the past 20 years that were literally must win to get into the playoffs, no? Surely those were bigger regular season games. Even if the Eagles lose this week, they control their own destiny towards the # 1 seed.

With Shaq Leonard not making a decision this week, the open roster spot is probably going to be filled with Ben VanSumeren, since he’s out of practice squad call ups. He’s been on ST but will now also be the 3rd LB behind Morrow and Ellis. Kittle is going to be even more of a problem.

49ers HAVE to be going into this game with Brandon Allen active via the new rule they lobbied for since they need 3 possibilities at QB and the fact they believed if this rule was in effect last year they might’ve won the NFCCG, right? Thats really my only question going into this game. Advanced rest be damned, this team if ours is a vet team and they know what’s on the line. It’s a home game and lol I’m not sure Vegas is doing SF any favors by having them come in as favorites. I’m expecting the fans to truly be rabid and do not expect the 49ers to live up to the hype they’ve created for themselves. Gonna be a fun one. I expect pain and tears. And I’ll be the one sipping on the tears.

If we win, we permanently sit in the niners heads that no matter how healthy they are, how much rest they get, how much trash they talk, they still can't be the Eagles

Not true. Even if SF loses, there's a chance that they see the Eagles again in the post season, and it's really really hard to beat a team 3 times in a row. So if that scenario plays out, all the pressure will be on the Eagles to win because they beat SF twice in a row...but we all know that's not how it always plays out.

SF doesn't buy into the idea that a season can be won or lost in Week 13. They've been on late season runs, been knocking at the door for 3 of the last 4 years, been in and won big games on the road...

Neither team is gonna reel from a loss. They'll get back to work and keep their eyes on the prize.

Last edited:
49ers HAVE to be going into this game with Brandon Allen active via the new rule they lobbied for since they need 3 possibilities at QB and the fact they believed if this rule was in effect last year they might’ve won the NFCCG, right?
Nope. It was Detroit that lobbied for the rule change, not SF.

SF of course voted for it but they had zero to do with the request(s) for the rule change.

Funny how the narrative doesn't come close to the truth because the truth isn't what everyone wants to believe.

Edit: here's a link

It literally starts out:

"ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions watched the San Francisco 49ers going through a conference championship game without an actual quarterback. And that scared them enough to propose a rule change that NFL owners approved and adopted"

Last edited:
If we win, we permanently sit in the niners heads that no matter how healthy they are, how much rest they get, how much trash they talk, they still can't be the Eagles

Not true. Even if SF loses, there's a chance that they see the Eagles again in the post season, and it's really really hard to beat a team 3 times in a row. So if that scenario plays out, all the pressure will be on the Eagles to win because they beat SF twice in a row...but we all know that's not how it always plays out.

SF doesn't buy into the idea that a season can be lost in Week 13. They've been on late season runs, been knocking at the door for 3 of the last 4 years, been in and won big games on the road...

Neither team is gonna reel from a loss. They'll get back to work and keep their eyes on the prize.
I always thought the bolded was a myth.

SF doesn't buy into the idea that a season can be lost in Week 13. They've been on late season runs, been knocking at the door for 3 of the last 4 years, been in and won big games on the road...

I don't know what the historical data says, but I'd imagine when it comes to elite teams playing each other there's not a lot of 3 game sweeps within a calendar year. I could be wrong.

49ers HAVE to be going into this game with Brandon Allen active via the new rule they lobbied for since they need 3 possibilities at QB and the fact they believed if this rule was in effect last year they might’ve won the NFCCG, right?
Nope. It was Detroit that lobbied for the rule change, not SF.

SF of course voted for it but they had zero to do with the request(s) for the rule change.

Funny how the narrative doesn't come close to the truth because the truth isn't what everyone wants to believe.

Edit: here's a link

It literally starts out:

"ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions watched the San Francisco 49ers going through a conference championship game without an actual quarterback. And that scared them enough to propose a rule change that NFL owners approved and adopted"
Looks like I was wrong. Thats ok. So no Brandon Allen. Hoping master play caller Shanahan doesn’t leave some backup, bad clocking tight end on our best pass rusher this time.

It is. We outscored the Giants 108-45 in a 3 game sweep just last year while they had the NFL’s coach of the year, including a 38-7 massacre before we massacred the 49ers.

Users who are viewing this thread