What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (2 Viewers)

This wasn't a bad team.

It's not and it makes all those claims about internal dissension somewhat believable.

There's still time to right the ship unless they've already ingested the poison pill. We'll find out soon enough. The Commanders could give Dallas fits and the Giants aren't beating anybody. You never know what can happen.

This wasn't a bad team.

It's not and it makes all those claims about internal dissension somewhat believable.

There's still time to right the ship unless they've already ingested the poison pill. We'll find out soon enough. The Commanders could give Dallas fits and the Giants aren't beating anybody. You never know what can happen.
Kyle Brant was all over this today. Eagles are in,and might be that team to flip to switch to on once playoffs start. they're defending NFC champs, and they might play like it. optimistic they get it revved up, Hurts is such a good player. AJ Brown showing he's a stand up guy. if they turn the corner here, lookout!

Kyle Brant was all over this today. Eagles are in,and might be that team to flip to switch to on once playoffs start. they're defending NFC champs, and they might play like it. optimistic they get it revved up, Hurts is such a good player. AJ Brown showing he's a stand up guy. if they turn the corner here, lookout!
No doubt the offense has a chance to "flip the switch" and play better but the defense is cooked, from players, to coaches, to scheme. Unless the offense turns it on to the point of scoring 40 every game (as the road team in every game), it won't matter.

Last edited:
No doubt the offense has a chance to "flip the switch" an play better but the defense is cooked, from players, to coaches, to scheme. Unless the offense turns it on to the point of scoring 40 every game (as the road team in every game), it won't matter.
Defense is definitely spent but they get Slay and Cunningham back for the playoffs and maybe some pride allows them to step their game up a bit. They just have to keep teams under 30 to have a shot.

I know he has regressed (mainly due to poor coaching), but I am legit surprised Hurts didn't make the pro bowl and Devonta Smith definitely should have made it.

Hurts numbers are better than Stafford with the rushing
Stafford took a borderline team to the playoffs, Hurts took a team coming off a trip to the super bowl and that was 10-1 to likely a wild card spot and has their own fans questioning if the coach needs to be fired. Hurts running is a factor but it's 150 yards less then last year and while the TD's remain the same I'd be interested to hear how many are one yard tush pushes. Maybe it is because it is what the media shows but last year it seemed he had more 5 or 6 yard TD runs, this year it seems they get stopped at the one all the time and he gets the 1 yard tush push that on 99% of other teams is 1 yard TD run for the RB.

You can honestly make a case for either but no doubt the way the Eagles have played the last 5 weeks weighs in a toss up selection.
I’m sure Hurts being 2nd in turnovers doesn’t help either
3 Pro bowl Lineman, their best one, Mailata wasnt selected. Pro Bowl WR, Pro bowl RB ...
hmmm What could possibly be the problem ???

This wasn't a bad team.

The defense is so bad unless the other team makes mistakes it's hard to see these eagles winning multiple games in a row vs good teams. Just being real

This wasn't a bad team.

The defense is so bad unless the other team makes mistakes it's hard to see these eagles winning multiple games in a row vs good teams. Just being real
Agreed. If the Eagles had the worst odds of all the playoff teams to win the Super Bowl, I still wouldn’t put money on them. I don’t know how they can just “flip the switch “ with this bad of a defense and bad coaching.

This wasn't a bad team.

Agreed. If the Eagles had the worst odds of all the playoff teams to win the Super Bowl, I still wouldn’t put money on them. I don’t know how they can just “flip the switch “ with this bad of a defense and bad coaching.

Sad but true

I know he has regressed (mainly due to poor coaching), but I am legit surprised Hurts didn't make the pro bowl and Devonta Smith definitely should have made it.

Stafford took a borderline team to the playoffs, Hurts took a team coming off a trip to the super bowl and that was 10-1 to likely a wild card spot and has their own fans questioning if the coach needs to be fired. Hurts running is a factor but it's 150 yards less then last year and while the TD's remain the same I'd be interested to hear how many are one yard tush pushes. Maybe it is because it is what the media shows but last year it seemed he had more 5 or 6 yard TD runs, this year it seems they get stopped at the one all the time and he gets the 1 yard tush push that on 99% of other teams is 1 yard TD run for the RB.

You can honestly make a case for either but no doubt the way the Eagles have played the last 5 weeks weighs in a toss up selection.
3 Pro bowl Lineman, their best one, Mailata wasnt selected. Pro Bowl WR, Pro bowl RB ...
Wait, so Jordan Mailata is better than Kelce and Lane Johnson in your estimation?

1st and 20, QB draw.
2nd and 20, QB draw.
3rd and 20, screen play to their non-Pro bowl RB.

and....

the entire defense.

1st and 20, QB draw.
2nd and 20, QB draw.
3rd and 20, screen play to their non-Pro bowl RB.

and....

the entire defense.
It was 2nd and 16 but same difference

You obviously don't watch the games

This wasn't a bad team.

I think they can. Here is my reasoning..

1. They just got Maddox back. He looked bad against the Cards but give him another game or two and he'll be an auto-upgrade to back end of the defense.

2. They will be getting Slay and Cunningham back. Again, this will be a definite boost. Obviously, Slay is the best CB they have and frankly one of the best one players on that side of the ball. The run defense has been noticeably garbage since Cunningham has been out. An Eagles LB having a huge impact, who knew?

3. Last year the Eagle were one of the absolute best teams in turnover differential. The defense generated a lot of turnovers and the offense didn't give up the ball. This year they are one of the worst. We've been throwing ints and coughing up the ball way more than last year which puts a tremendous amount of pressure on a defense that is already being pushed to its limits. We can clean this up. Jalen didn't throw interceptions last year, the WR's didn't fumble much last year, the kick returner didn't run into a ST payer and fumble last year. These guys are capable of cleaning up the fundamentals. And fwiw, regarding the defense not getting turnovers, obviously the defense getting turnovers helps give the offense more possessions and shorter fields. This has not been happening at all this year. However, the offense (for all the hemming and hawing about terrible play calls-some of which I agree with) is still a top 5-6 offense in the league, scoring more than 26 points per game. If we can get a few more turnovers/offensive possessions, we should be able to score 30+ against most teams.

4. I get the vibe that the whole AJ Brown-not-talking thing was more about him just needing to process the bad games. It doesn't strike me as a clue to a divided locker room or that Nick has lost the team. AJ speaking a few days ago and clearing the air may be the galvanizing deep breath that this team needs.

5. I get that everyone wants to shrug their shoulders and look onto next year, but there is still a possibility of winning the division, FFS, however unlikely that may be. Dallas is not good on the road. Point blank. Would it really shock anyone if Dak did Dak things and laid an egg in Washington? It wouldn't surprise me at all. We take care of business and see what happens.

All the above could or could not have an impact, no one has a crystal ball. But its not like there are unfixable issues here. Defense I'll concede has been bad, but are we all under the impression that Reddick, Sweat and company forgot how to play? BG and Cox might be cooked, but again, if the defense can play a little bit better and the offense turns the ball over a little bit less this team can rip off a few wins in a row. Can they win four in a row? I doubt it but it wouldn't shock me.

I'm not out on this team. They were the best team in the league for damn near two years and they didn't just forget how to play! If they stink it up against NY I reserve the right to backtrack and scream about how ****ty they are, but I am optimistic about their playoff chances. Crazier things have happened.

You obviously don't watch the games
To be fair, compared to the Giants oline anyone looks like an All-Pro.

People on the radio want the Eagles to sit the starters from the get go this game. I don't agree with that. Play it out and if Dallas is blowing out the Commies then you sit. Could you imagine the fury if they sat everyone and the Cowboys lost.

People on the radio want the Eagles to sit the starters from the get go this game. I don't agree with that. Play it out and if Dallas is blowing out the Commies then you sit. Could you imagine the fury if they sat everyone and the Cowboys lost.
Nick and co would be absolutely crucified if they sat starters with a possibility of winning the division with a Dallas loss and Dallas actually lost. Now, I'd give it a 15% chance that the Cowboys lose but this Eagles team needs to get right on the field, regardless of their chances in the division/playoff seeding.

i think they need to play to try to have a clean game before the playoffs. have not had a good game in 2 months

This wasn't a bad team.

1. They just got Maddox back. He looked bad against the Cards but give him another game or two and he'll be an auto-upgrade to back end of the defense.

2. They will be getting Slay and Cunningham back. Again, this will be a definite boost. Obviously, Slay is the best CB they have and frankly one of the best one players on that side of the ball. The run defense has been noticeably garbage since Cunningham has been out. An Eagles LB having a huge impact, who knew?

3. Last year the Eagle were one of the absolute best teams in turnover differential. The defense generated a lot of turnovers and the offense didn't give up the ball. This year they are one of the worst. We've been throwing ints and coughing up the ball way more than last year which puts a tremendous amount of pressure on a defense that is already being pushed to its limits. We can clean this up. Jalen didn't throw interceptions last year, the WR's didn't fumble much last year, the kick returner didn't run into a ST payer and fumble last year. These guys are capable of cleaning up the fundamentals. And fwiw, regarding the defense not getting turnovers, obviously the defense getting turnovers helps give the offense more possessions and shorter fields. This has not been happening at all this year. However, the offense (for all the hemming and hawing about terrible play calls-some of which I agree with) is still a top 5-6 offense in the league, scoring more than 26 points per game. If we can get a few more turnovers/offensive possessions, we should be able to score 30+ against most teams.

4. I get the vibe that the whole AJ Brown-not-talking thing was more about him just needing to process the bad games. It doesn't strike me as a clue to a divided locker room or that Nick has lost the team. AJ speaking a few days ago and clearing the air may be the galvanizing deep breath that this team needs.

5. I get that everyone wants to shrug their shoulders and look onto next year, but there is still a possibility of winning the division, FFS, however unlikely that may be. Dallas is not good on the road. Point blank. Would it really shock anyone if Dak did Dak things and laid an egg in Washington? It wouldn't surprise me at all. We take care of business and see what happens.

All the above could or could not have an impact, no one has a crystal ball. But its not like there are unfixable issues here. Defense I'll concede has been bad, but are we all under the impression that Reddick, Sweat and company forgot how to play? BG and Cox might be cooked, but again, if the defense can play a little bit better and the offense turns the ball over a little bit less this team can rip off a few wins in a row. Can they win four in a row? I doubt it but it wouldn't shock me.

I'm not out on this team. They were the best team in the league for damn near two years and they didn't just forget how to play! If they stink it up against NY I reserve the right to backtrack and scream about how ****ty they are, but I am optimistic about their playoff chances. Crazier things have happened.
I appreciate you being a fan of your team.

Unlike some front runners in this thread

Guys ... Let's take off the blinders.
You have a QB Problem !!!

"Oh but if you count his 1yd Douche Push TDs he has as many TDs as Stafford !!!"

Yeah? So would anyone running behind one of the greatest Olines of all time ... But QBs need to throw the ball.
Hurts has plenty of time to do that and plenty of All pro weapons to throw to ... He just Sux!!!!!!
Oh, you are still posting in here.

62.6% Comp percentage, 3,965 yards passing, 7.6 YPA, 24 TDs, 11 Ints
66.1% Comp percentage, 3,803 yards passing, 7.3 YPA, 23 TDs, 14 Ints.

Removing the rushing stats, which of the above two QBs is Hurts and which is Stafford? Now add back in the rushing stats:

65nyardsrushing, 0 TDs
601 yards rushing, 15 TDs

Feel free to show yourself out and please, take your "Jordan Mailata is the best O-lineman" and "Hurts just SUX!" takes with you.
Except Stafford played 1 less game, doesnt have the best Oline on the planet, and he's making an undrafted rookie WR and 5th rd RB all pros.
Oh and the Rams were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NFL coming into the season

It's Carson Wentz part II ... Put Nick Foles in right now and the Eagles will win the SB this year
So, what do you think about the game this week? Tyrod Taylor vs Sucky Jalen Hurts? I'm thinking 28-24 Eagles, would love to know what you think.

"Oh but if you count his 1yd Douche Push TDs he has as many TDs as Stafford !!!"

Yeah? So would anyone running behind one of the greatest Olines of all time ... But QBs need to throw the ball.
Hurts has plenty of time to do that and plenty of All pro weapons to throw to ... He just Sux!!!!!!

Removing the rushing stats, which of the above two QBs is Hurts and which is Stafford? Now add back in the rushing stats:

65nyardsrushing, 0 TDs

Feel free to show yourself out and please, take your "Jordan Mailata is the best O-lineman" and "Hurts just SUX!" takes with you.

he will disappear when the giants lose AGAIN to the eagles
I dont expect or care if the Giants to beat the Eagles ... but i would be pretty funny

65nyardsrushing, 0 TDs

Except Stafford played 1 less game, doesnt have the best Oline on the planet, and he's making an undrafted rookie WR and 5th rd RB all pros.
Oh and the Rams were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NFL coming into the season

It's Carson Wentz part II ... Put Nick Foles in right now and the Eagles will win the SB this year
So, what do you think about the game this week? Tyrod Taylor vs Sucky Jalen Hurts? I'm thinking 28-24 Eagles, would love to know what you think.

I think Tyrod Taylor is the perfect comp

65nyardsrushing, 0 TDs

I think Tyrod Taylor is the perfect comp
LOL. Taylor has 64 passing TDs in his career, which started in 2011. Hurts has 67, career started in 2020. Hurts has 4 less rushing TDs this year (15 a record for a QB) than Taylor's entire career.

I wish you the best with missing out on Caleb Williams and any other good QB's and moving forward with LOL Daniel Jones.

Go Birds!

Yea, no chance they do that. If they look up at halftime and the Cowboys have a 31-10 lead - then yea, sit Lane Johnson, Kelce, Hurts. No one on the defense though - they need to figure their act out.

This wasn't a bad team.

I would fully agree with this if we won last week and Smith didn't get hurt. Without Smith, I don't see much of a chance of us going into SF and winning that game.

This wasn't a bad team.

lol... wait... you appreciate an Eagles fan with a positive outlook on the team? This is new.

This wasn't a bad team.

I would fully agree with this if we won last week and Smith didn't get hurt. Without Smith, I don't see much of a chance of us going into SF and winning that game.
My read on it is Smith has a minor sprain and they’re being cautious with him. I think it’s 100% that he’s ready for playoffs.

This wasn't a bad team.

lol... wait... you appreciate an Eagles fan with a positive outlook on the team? This is new.
Remaining a fan of your team through good times and bad is admirable and is a lil different than “how dare you criticize my team!!” homerism

If the Eagles are in a close game and the opponent has the ball late, you can count on Matt Patricia to let them walk down the field and score. If not for that I think they could make a run.

If the Eagles are in a close game and the opponent has the ball late, you can count on Matt Patricia to let them walk down the field and score. If not for that I think they could make a run.
Agreed. The only way we are going to win games is how we did it last year.

Score early and often and run the ball a ton in the second half to salt away the win. This offense is certainly capable of scoring a lot of points; as I said earlier they are averaging over 26 points per game even though they are turning it over a ton. Eliminate the turnovers and this team can score 30+ every game. They need to do this and then commit to long drives predicated on running the ball. This was their recipe last year and there is no reason they can't do it again this year.

If they go into the last few minutes of a game up by 4-5 points I have zero confidence in the defense holding up to their end of the bargain.

In order of likelihood

1. MCL sprain
2. MCL + meniscus
3. MCL + ACL

He has a history of meniscal tear in this knee that required a meniscectomy.

Users who are viewing this thread