What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2024 Combine/Pre-Draft Rumors*** (1 Viewer)

Man this is the fastest wr class ever right? Assuming MHJ and Nabers would run sub 4.4s, that is 11 wr under 4.4.

People focusing on positives, but negative wise, Bucky Irving had one of the worst combines I can recall.

5-9
4.55 40
29.5 Vertical (OL level)
115 Broad (OL level)

For a guy who wins in space, this was awful. These would be mediocre numbers for a High School RB. I had Irving as a 3rd rounder coming into the combine, that's unlikely with this. He should have sat out.

Pre combine darrell Green had a 4.09 and Bo Jackson had a 4.13. Probably not accurate. But green did run an official 4.43 the day he turned 50. 😂
Green could probably still break 4.8 hopping out of bed this morning :lol:

Add 2/10s to that Jackson time and he's still frightening.

I think the fastest guy I've ever seen in pads is Rocket Ismail. I don't know if that's just because he played against slow guys or what, but him turning a corner and hitting his stride was a blur.

People focusing on positives, but negative wise, Bucky Irving had one of the worst combines I can recall.

5-9
4.55 40
29.5 Vertical (OL level)
115 Broad (OL level)

For a guy who wins in space, this was awful. These would be mediocre numbers for a High School RB. I had Irving as a 3rd rounder coming into the combine, that's unlikely with this. He should have sat out.
I usually don't let the combine have that much influence for me, but that was pretty bad. I was comparing him to James Cook and I'm now questioning my thoughts on Irving.

5-9
4.55 40
29.5 Vertical (OL level)
115 Broad (OL level)

I usually don't let the combine have that much influence for me, but that was pretty bad. I was comparing him to James Cook and I'm now questioning my thoughts on Irving.
Looking over the last few years, its not too dissimilar to what Kyren Williams and Jaylen Warren did, Maybe Devin Singletary or James White if you go back a little further, but even then, all those guys did better, just that it was close at least. Still, that's a 3rd rounder, a 4th rounder, a 5th rounder, and an undrafted guy, and these are the best guys who tested around that level.

👀

Theo Johnson is a TE prospect in the 2024 draft class. He scored an unofficial 10.00 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 1 out of 1105 TE from 1987 to 2024. Splits projected, note that I don't expect this to stand as a new 10.00 after official

Theo Johnson

6’6 1/8
39 1/2 vert

Jimmy Graham
6’6 1/4
38 1/2 vert

I’d link it but can’t figure out how to copy twitter url from my phone anymore.

Penn state really gets their guys trained up. How did this guy not produce more has to be the first question.
Lots of other top guys at TE. Strange went 2nd round last year. Warren is really good as well

The Athletic

The Steelers are not interested in signing Wilson in the likely event he’s released by the Denver Broncos, a source familiar with the coaching staff’s feelings on the quarterback at this stage of his career told The Athletic.

Additionally, Pittsburgh is not among the teams actively working to trade for Fields, league sources told The Athletic’s Dianna Russini. Pittsburgh is also not pursuing Kirk Cousins or Baker Mayfield in free agency, according to league sources.

Rich Eisen top 5 rumors he picked up at the combine

1. Trey Lance on Vikings radar
  2. Jayden Daniels is QB 2 for some people
  3. Giants are done with Daniel Jones
  4. Cowboys will let Dak play out his contract, and be a FA next year
  5. Bears are taking Caleb
#1 is interesting from the value/trade perspective.
#2, 4 and 5 aren't shocking
#3 Should be a fact, but people around here have laughed off the idea the NYG could go QB in rd1.

#3 Should be a fact, but people around here have laughed off the idea the NYG could go QB in rd1.
I hope the Giants go QB and not draft Nabers. From a dynasty perspective, letting Jones walk is a good thing. Or is their plan to sign someone and still draft Nabers?

The Athletic

The Steelers are not interested in signing Wilson in the likely event he’s released by the Denver Broncos, a source familiar with the coaching staff’s feelings on the quarterback at this stage of his career told The Athletic.

Additionally, Pittsburgh is not among the teams actively working to trade for Fields, league sources told The Athletic’s Dianna Russini. Pittsburgh is also not pursuing Kirk Cousins or Baker Mayfield in free agency, according to league sources.
Bold strategy, Cotton.

I hope the Giants go QB and not draft Nabers. From a dynasty perspective, letting Jones walk is a good thing. Or is their plan to sign someone and still draft Nabers?
I think they'd like a QB if they can get one and if I'd say both OT and WR are open but would lean they go WR and would not assume that WR is Nabers.

Jones contract was designed with an out after 2 years. He'll still be on the team next year no matter what they do at QB and probably gone in 2025 no matter what they do at QB.

I think they should go QB first if they like a guy. Nabers is outstanding, but there are going to be lesser WR options still there in RD2. I'm not sure which QBs are even on the board when they pick again.

What they are saying is they will let him play this next season only to allow him to walk next season.

Tex

You do wonder if the NFL is seeing a small change (again) in strategy. I think there is a groundswell to devalue the WR postition bc so many good ones are coming out of college right now. I also think that many teams are tired of "the middle" when it comes to QB: You either want a stud, a QB on the rookie scale, or a retread that does not eat up the cap. Cousins may be (in my mind) the only QB who gets a big(ish) deal. Tua may as well, but I am interested to see how miami structures that deal in terms of having "outs"

Isaac Guerrero a poor man’s Derrick Henry?
Thinking more along the lines of maybe another Pacheco.
I agree with this and he might be better.

Tex
I drafted him in a league last night so I hope so but I really took a longer look at him last night and feel like I comped him to the wrong Chiefs RB, or in this case ex-Chief. Reminded me a whole lot of Knile Davis.
Either way he’s really good and I like him a lot he will likely surprise many. He’s on my must target list. He’s produced some serious numbers (metric).

Good for you if you snatched him, wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up being the best RB in this draft.

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread