What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2024 Combine/Pre-Draft Rumors*** (1 Viewer)

Anyone have positive thoughts on QB Michael Pratt? I've watched this guy in a few games. He seems to always know where to go with the ball. He can run very well. I'm not sure he will shine in the combine with medium arm talent. There's some part of me that says next Brock Purdy. And another part that says won't ever play a meaningful snap in the NFL. I gotta think him and Milton are great mid-late round targets to get into camp and see what they can do against the big boys. Want to see what they bring at the combine.
I like Pratt as one of those top backup/fringe starter types. He has a weak arm, but he's accurate and makes good decisions. I think his mobility is a bit overstated though. I think its college mobility, and if he takes off like that in the pros, he's gonna get hurt a lot. I think I just described Kenny Pickett. Having said that, I like him more than Rattler.

Anyone have positive thoughts on QB Michael Pratt? I've watched this guy in a few games. He seems to always know where to go with the ball. He can run very well. I'm not sure he will shine in the combine with medium arm talent. There's some part of me that says next Brock Purdy. And another part that says won't ever play a meaningful snap in the NFL. I gotta think him and Milton are great mid-late round targets to get into camp and see what they can do against the big boys. Want to see what they bring at the combine.
Wonder if Milton would be a top 5 pick if he were 4 years younger. He has everything Anthony Richardson has, and when I watched the Vols his inaccuracy was just as glaring. Physical specimen.
He'd probably be a day 2 candidate, but I don't think Milton is the prospect Richardson was, and I'd argue Richardson shouldn't have gone as high as he did.

Richardson is a much better runner in my opinion. I also think Richardson is much better at reading defenses. Richardson knew where the ball was supposed to go, it was whether he was accurate enough to get it there. I will agree Milton's arm strength is probably even greater than Richardson's, but I don't think he has the same floor or ceiling, even if he were 21. I also think that Vols offense makes QBs look WAY better than they are. I'm a little surprised the NFL hasn't come calling for Josh Heupel. I kinda think Milton might be this year's DTR, where you can see the physical talent, but its a bit divorced from what I'd call quality QB play. Worthy day 3 flier to me.

T’Vondre Sweat weighs in at 366 lbs. :oops: Pre-combine is no time to hit the Sizzler buffet I know he's a big dude. But I get Fat Albert Haynesworth vibes

T’Vondre Sweat weighs in at 366 lbs. :oops: Pre-combine is no time to hit the Sizzler buffet I know he's a big dude. But I get Fat Albert Haynesworth vibes
That was his playing weight in college, so its no surprise. He's pretty agile for that size, but yeah conditioning will be an issue at that size regardless of how you are built. I don't think any team drafting him (likely on day 2) is expecting a fulltime player.

Interestingly he wasn't really used as a NT type, and was lining up between the G/T, and pass rushing.

Ideally though he'd drop about 20 pounds. 345 would be plenty big enough, and maybe he'd gain even more agility.

All-American CB Kool-Aid McKinstry

Diagnosed with a Jones fracture in his right foot during NFL Combine medical evaluation.

A Jones fracture is a fracture of the 5th metatarsal towards the middle of the foot.

These are not uncommon, and always require surgery because of a very poor blood supply, preventing them from healing.

Some players don’t realize them have them, as in this case, because they’re used to that side of the foot being sore and they just deal with it.

Re-fracture rate after surgery (screw placement) is low and most players do really well with those, sometimes even having the screw removed in the future.

Jared Verse and Laiatu Latu both tested well, which I think was in question. Not freak athletes, but more than good enough, and both were really productive. Latu's highlights are a ton of fun, he's really technical already.

I would guess they both locked in top 20 status. They may have worked out well enough to stay in front of Chop Robinson.

Diagnosed with a Jones fracture in his right foot during NFL Combine medical evaluation.

A Jones fracture is a fracture of the 5th metatarsal towards the middle of the foot.

These are not uncommon, and always require surgery because of a very poor blood supply, preventing them from healing.

Some players don’t realize them have them, as in this case, because they’re used to that side of the foot being sore and they just deal with it.

Re-fracture rate after surgery (screw placement) is low and most players do really well with those, sometimes even having the screw removed in the future.

A bit shocked this wasn't found while at Alabama. They probably have a better and more expensive medical staff than any NFL team.

Nate Wiggins pops a groin running a 4.29 40.

Both likely to drop in the draft to a certain extent from this. Even if only a few spots. The risks of being at this thing ... I dunno.

Last edited:

A bit shocked this wasn't found while at Alabama. They probably have a better and more expensive medical staff than any NFL team.

Both likely to drop in the draft to a certain extent from this. Even if only a few spots. The risks of being at this thing ... I dunno.

looks like a hip flexor & could be ready for his pro day for Wiggins

With the modern pervasiveness of GPS tracking of *in-game, in-pads athleticism*, does combine testing even matter at all anymore to anyone other than arm-chair scouts? Seems like more of a showcase, networking and speed (dating) interview affair now than anything else. And the Rams brass, who had perhaps the best draft I have ever seen (without a first round pick, mind you) last year, seem to agree. They have better things to do than partying in Indy this week.

I think it matters in the sense that 1) smaller schools are not going to have as much data from in-game tracking, if at all, and 2) the testing conditions from the combine are generally the same from year to year, and my guess is that if you're compiling annual data sets of prospects, it helps immensely that you can directly compare current measurements to those from years ago and not have to account for differences in field condition, weather, etc., that you would if you were comparing in-game data. I think for the analytics departments, the combine absolutely matters.

With the modern pervasiveness of GPS tracking of *in-game, in-pads athleticism*, does combine testing even matter at all anymore to anyone other than arm-chair scouts? Seems like more of a showcase, networking and speed (dating) interview affair now than anything else. And the Rams brass, who had perhaps the best draft I have ever seen (without a first round pick, mind you) last year, seem to agree. They have better things to do than partying in Indy this week.

I think it matters in the sense that 1) smaller schools are not going to have as much data from in-game tracking, if at all, and 2) the testing conditions from the combine are generally the same from year to year, and my guess is that if you're compiling annual data sets of prospects, it helps immensely that you can directly compare current measurements to those from years ago and not have to account for differences in field condition, weather, etc., that you would if you were comparing in-game data. I think for the analytics departments, the combine absolutely matters.
Also: MPH speed is simply one data point.

Can't measure 3 cone flexibility unless they run it.

It'd be really silly for either (especially Wiggins) to drop in my opinion. The season doesn't start for over 6 months.

Wiggins is my 2nd favorite defensive player in this class, Knew he was fast, but was thinking maybe 4.35 or so.

I think this CB class is grossly underrated. Its arguably the strongest position in the draft in my opinion, with 6 1st round caliber guys.

It shouldn’t surprise anyone if Turner is the only defensive player taken top 10. Possibly the only one taken first half of the first round.
Maybe its me, but Turner didn't really do anything unexpected. Was fully expecting sub-4.5, and under 250 pounds. That said, as long as its not the Bears I'll be happy if Turner goes top-10.

I have Turner as like the 5th to 7th best defensive player in the class. Concerned he's a 1-dimensional pass rusher, which is a great dimension to have, but I don't think he's the clear-cut best DE in the class. If he's the only defender who goes in the first 16 picks, there are gonna be some major steals, especially at CB.

Cornerback 40 times​

1. Nate Wiggins - 4.28
  2. Quinyon Mitchell - 4.33
  3. Decamerion Richardson - 4.34
  4. Nehemiah Pritchett - 4.36
  5. Jarrian Jones - 4.38
  6. Daequan Hardy - 4.38
  7. Max Melton - 4.39
  8. DJ James - 4.42
  9. Elijah Jones - 4.44
  10. Kris Abrams-Draine - 4.44
  11. M.J. Devonshire - 4.45
  12. Willie Drew - 4.46
  13. Marcellas Dial - 4.46
  14. Mike Sainristil - 4.46
  15. Dwight McGlothern - 4.47
  16. Andru Phillips - 4.48
  17. Renardo Green - 4.49
  18. Terrion Arnold - 4.50
  19. Myles Harden - 4.50
  20. Cam Hart - 4.50
  21. Khyree Jackson - 4.50
  22. Ennis Rakestraw Jr - 4.51
  23. Josh Newton - 4.51
  24. Tarheeb Still - 4.52
  25. Ryan Watts - 4.53
  26. Chau Smith-Wade - 4.54
  27. Kalen King - 4.61
  28. Isaiah Johnson - 4.64

👀

Theo Johnson is a TE prospect in the 2024 draft class. He scored an unofficial 10.00 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 1 out of 1105 TE from 1987 to 2024. Splits projected, note that I don't expect this to stand as a new 10.00 after official

Theo Johnson

6’6 1/8
39 1/2 vert

Jimmy Graham
6’6 1/4
38 1/2 vert

I’d link it but can’t figure out how to copy twitter url from my phone anymore.

👀

Theo Johnson is a TE prospect in the 2024 draft class. He scored an unofficial 10.00 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 1 out of 1105 TE from 1987 to 2024. Splits projected, note that I don't expect this to stand as a new 10.00 after official

Theo Johnson

6’6 1/8
39 1/2 vert

Jimmy Graham
6’6 1/4
38 1/2 vert

I’d link it but can’t figure out how to copy twitter url from my phone anymore.

Penn state really gets their guys trained up. How did this guy not produce more has to be the first question.

Adoni Mitchell (@Texasfootball) recorded the fastest forty yard dash (4.34 seconds) and longest broad jump (11'4") of any receiver in group 8.

During the forty he reached the top speed overall (23.84 mph) and within the first five yards (14.57 mph).

Tex

Keon Coleman just sprinted into the 3rd round.

That's 1 rnd too early still :lol:
Despite registering the slowest top speed of any group 8 receiver that was tracked during the 40-yard dash, Keon Coleman showed off his game speed while running routes.

Coleman tied for the 2nd-fastest top speed of the group while running a go route (21.71 mph).

His game speed is faster than his 40 time. I will happily take him in the 2nd.

Tex

Keon Coleman just sprinted into the 3rd round.

That's 1 rnd too early still :lol:
Despite registering the slowest top speed of any group 8 receiver that was tracked during the 40-yard dash, Keon Coleman showed off his game speed while running routes.

Coleman tied for the 2nd-fastest top speed of the group while running a go route (21.71 mph).

His game speed is faster than his 40 time. I will happily take him in the 2nd.

Tex

2nd of fantasy drafts?
Sure, I won't fault ppl for that. Late 2nd earliest I would, personally

Rome Odunze (@UW_Football) & Troy Franklin (@oregonfootball) earned the two highest production scores of all PAC 12 receiver prospects over the last five years.

Xavier worthy 4.22 wow

i guess I'll say something stupid I almost said a week or so ago when I said I like worthy more than Mitchell. The thing I really noticed is they both get open so easily. But Worthy, while being built much lighter, has a bunch of catch and runs that look like Tyreek. He's just not easy to catch even in traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread