What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions 3-1: MNF: DC and the Lions finally beat Seattle!! (11 Viewers)

The Lions are racking up a bunch of injuries:

Marcus Davenport reportedly has a torn triceps and is likely out for the year.

Derrick Barnes had a knee injury and will miss significant time.

Frank Ragnow has a partially torn pec and is week-to-week.

The others are all day-to-day.

The Lions play Monday night, then comes their much needed bye week.

Lions smartly haven't spent their entire cap, so moves are still possible as certain teams start to fall out of contention. For the time being their vaunted depth will have to come through.

Seems like Rags gets beat up every week.

Seems like Rags gets beat up every week.
Yeah he's basically playing hurt every week. Perhaps that is taking it's toll on the o line performance lately.

We had been avoiding serious injury up until now with the exception of Moseley. Davenport is a huge loss since we lack any comparable replacement. Levi and Pascal will rotate in as his replacement and I expect Houston to finally see some playing time.

Barnes has been playing well, but does not show up much in the stat line. Not sure who our second SAM is as Houston was not able to adapt to the role.

Frank is probably more seriously hurt then we know, but he will play with one arm if he has too.

Should be an exciting week. Coming off a nice win on the road. Playing Monday night and breaking out the black uniforms. But a bit of a downer losing Davenport and Barnes and having several other key players with injuries which could limit them. Also facing a team that historically destroys us.

But next man up and what happened in the past has no bearing on this team. The defense looks much better, especially in the secondary. Hutch is playing like DPOY and Kerby Joseph is looking like one of the best safeties in the league. Offensively, the Lions have shown the ability to control the game via the run. The passing game seems as bit shaky as Goff is rushing his throws and is throwing more INTs than TDs. The Lions need to continue to pound their running game, but they will need a more balanced attack with a more effective passing game.

Lions are favored by +3 facing a Seattle team which is 3-0. I think the Lions cover this week and score a 27-20 win.

Should be an exciting week. Coming off a nice win on the road. Playing Monday night and breaking out the black uniforms. But a bit of a downer losing Davenport and Barnes and having several other key players with injuries which could limit them. Also facing a team that historically destroys us.

But next man up and what happened in the past has no bearing on this team. The defense looks much better, especially in the secondary. Hutch is playing like DPOY and Kerby Joseph is looking like one of the best safeties in the league. Offensively, the Lions have shown the ability to control the game via the run. The passing game seems as bit shaky as Goff is rushing his throws and is throwing more INTs than TDs. The Lions need to continue to pound their running game, but they will need a more balanced attack with a more effective passing game.

Lions are favored by +3 facing a Seattle team which is 3-0. I think the Lions cover this week and score a 27-20 win.
Believe it or not, that 27-20 score over Seattle is the same one I got as well too. I don't know why I picked against them last week in Arizona.

Those that said the Lions have a tough early schedule were not kidding. This week it's a 3-0 Seattle team that hasn't missed a beat even with the old gum chomper HC retiring. That said the Lions have played a better group of teams so far. I'm looking for an emphasis on the running game this week to set up the play action. Defensively they have to get pressure on Geno before he can get it to his receivers. 🦁

Will be a very good game against two physical teams. Seattle has owned the Lions forever. But this is a different Lions team. Also, the last three games have been very high scoring. I think both defenses are better, so I would not expect another shootout. The only caveat is, I expect Seattle to be in a hurry up offense to combat the crowd noise, so that could drive up the number of plays.

Quite a few significant injuries for both teams. DE Davenport of course is done for the season. LB Barnes is out. C Frank Ragnow is out through the bye week. S Brian Branch is doubtful. LB Anzalone ststus is unknown. Defense is missing key pieces at all levels and Geno has feasted on the Lions.

The biggest hole is at DE opposite Hutch. I expect Hutch to see double teams all night as Seattle is on their third string RT. Pascal will see most of the time at the other DE, solid at setting the edge and stopping the run, but has yet to show he can put pressure on the QB. I still think Houston is a better option on push rush situations, but the coaching staff sees otherwise. They seem to like rotating in Levi and Wingo instead. Campbell and Rodrigo will have to step up at LB or it will be a long night as Seattle's running game is dangerous.

The Lions will want to pound the ball and control the game, so expect Monty to have a lot of touches. Seattle has a very solid secondary, perhaps we will have to look at LaPorta more this week. Saint will still get his though. To win will we need our speed guys, Williams and Gibbs, to break off a couple of big plays.

Paging @BobbyLayne Hello???

MNF and there is no sticky yet and we are on the 4th page of SP without you.
He's been gone now for a couple weeks, could be taking some time off of the boards judging by his last post.

I’m good, just trying to be more present at home. Wifey is dealing with some medical stuff. Just normal circle of life stuff, we’ll be OK.

Great win considering we were down 4 starters. Felt good to finally got past Seattle. Happy for Jamo, legit locker room game ball from MCDC - bc he also had several awesome blocks - to put next to the NBCSNF game ball he got Opening Night.

On a personal note (NCAYFT), started Goff for the first time. Down by 4ish, 30% win probability, villain had JSN & Waddle. The Alcatraz play (ARSB 2 Jared) put me in the lead and hit ‘em with a Waymo sealed the deal.

Paging @BobbyLayne Hello???

MNF and there is no sticky yet and we are on the 4th page of SP without you.
He's been gone now for a couple weeks, could be taking some time off of the boards judging by his last post.

I’m good, just trying to be more present at home. Wifey is dealing with some medical stuff. Just normal circle of life stuff, we’ll be OK.

Great win considering we were down 4 starters. Felt good to finally got past Seattle. Happy for Jamo, legit locker room game ball from MCDC - bc he also had several awesome blocks - to put next to the NBCSNF game ball he got Opening Night.

On a personal note (NCAYFT), started Goff for the first time. Down by 4ish, 30% win probability, villain had JSN & Waddle. The Alcatraz play (ARSB 2 Jared) put me in the lead and hit ‘em with a Waymo sealed the deal.
Glad you are back and OK, hope your wife is doing well and nothing too serious.

The circle of life stuff is catching up with our family too. We had 2 tickets to MNF and was pumped all week. My wife actually for the first time was all geared up in Lion apparel. We were meeting a bunch of people at 6pm to tailgate.

My wife`s sister who is only 52 has cancer and we get a call yesterday afternoon that she is having some serious issues, and we needed to get to the hospital. Since she lives over an hour away from us I knew we could not make the game and gave the tickets to my daughter. We watched the first half in the hospital waiting room on a 32 inch TV and listened to the second half on the radio driving home. Caught the last couple minutes of the 4th at home.

Users who are viewing this thread