What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - Howie is like a bottle of Tylenol: Tamper-resistant! (4 Viewers)

It’s also overstated how letting Reid go was this bad idea but outsiders. Those of us who follow the team closely knew it needed to be done for both sides and even with that said, it’s worked out for us.

14 years with Andy
130-93-1 (.583)
9 playoffs (64%)
7 DP (50%)
5 CG (36%)
1 SB (7%)
0 titles (0%)

11 years since Andy
102-76-1 (.573)
7 playoffs (64%)
3 DP (27%)
2 CG (18%)
2 SB (18%)
1 title (9%)
The biggest difference is that we were 1-4 in NFCCGs with Andy but 2-0 since. He got outcoached in many of those losses, and that seems to happen a lot less often for him now.
Yeah losing 4 conference championship.games might make you focus a little more
Or research and invest draft capital in a QB that has better leadership than an 8th grader

Jalen Carter says OL Joe Feliciano of SF made jokes of Carters ex teammate who was killed in the car accident Carter was in during Eagles SF game this year this was after Feliciano on Twitter blamed a teammate for Super Bowl loss

Kyle Shanahan runs a sloppy shop

Jalen Carter says OL Joe Feliciano of SF made jokes of Carters ex teammate who was killed in the car accident Carter was in during Eagles SF game this year this was after Feliciano on Twitter blamed a teammate for Super Bowl loss

There's always 2 sides.

Last edited:

There's always 2 sides.

I've been in a few fights in my time. I'm ashamed to say, I've threatened to kill a few people in those instances. What these reports are lacking is context.

There's always 2 sides.

isn't that the same guy that was bashing one of the OL on their own team after the SB? 49ers live in social media, and the entire organization is filled with no accountability and excuse making. It has to be from the top down with it being so spread across the team.

ETA: yup, embarrassing. You have Aiyuk calling out the organization trying to leave, you have Chadarius Ward getting punk'ed by Sauce Gardner, and it's this dude who was bashing the right guard in the SB game while he sat on the sideline. What kind of guy on the bench bashes his RG who is playing in the SB.

so much drama is so unprofessional, and shows such a lack of leadership in the organization.

Last edited:

There's always 2 sides.

I've been in a few fights in my time. I'm ashamed to say, I've threatened to kill a few people in those instances. What these reports are lacking is context.
And if you’re putting 2 and 2 together, the SF guy initiates to get that reaction from Carter and now he’s playing victim.

He already bashed his teammate and claimed drunk so I’m sure there’s a ton more with him.

if you’re putting 2 and 2 together, the SF guy initiates to get that reaction from Carter and now he’s playing victim.

He already bashed his teammate and claimed drunk so I’m sure there’s a ton more with him.
He didn't bash his own teammate, he was trying to stand up for one and then twitter did its thing and it became a mess. It's a bad look for both sides now.

There's always 2 sides.

And if you’re putting 2 and 2 together, the SF guy initiates to get that reaction from Carter and now he’s playing victim.

SF guy started it. Hes more at fault imo. you dont bring something like that up unless you are a turd

There's always 2 sides.

SF guy started it. Hes more at fault imo. you dont bring something like that up unless you are a turd
The fact that Feliciano has screenshots and went to the NFL about it when it happened makes me think he's probably not lying, but who cares, trash talk is trash talk. Carter is being petty by crying about it now.

There's always 2 sides.

isn't that the same guy that was bashing one of the OL on their own team after the SB? 49ers live in social media, and the entire organization is filled with no accountability and excuse making. It has to be from the top down with it being so spread across the team.

ETA: yup, embarrassing. You have Aiyuk calling out the organization trying to leave, you have Chadarius Ward getting punk'ed by Sauce Gardner, and it's this dude who was bashing the right guard in the SB game while he sat on the sideline. What kind of guy on the bench bashes his RG who is playing in the SB.

so much drama is so unprofessional, and shows such a lack of leadership in the organization.
Shanahan and Lynch are running a sloppy shop. Players chirping all offseason prior to season, finally beat us but keep chirping, had to have two other teams choke to get into the SB they played and now all this nonsense.

We in Philly might think our season was bad but at least our players didn’t go around giving excuses and publicly asking out or calling out teammates.

On top of that the SF fans social media and all have been trash. This all while the coach can’t win a big game.

There's always 2 sides.

Dudes a trash human being from what I’ve heard from people. He runs his mouth in organizations and he’s injury prone. Great combo.

There's always 2 sides.

There’s trash talk then there’s just being a trash human being and this guy did that. Plus Carter is an easy Target here given his past issues so it’s easy for people who might see the headline of what he said but not feliciano. Feliciano then get plausibile deniability

There's always 2 sides.

And now I think people are realizing why a lot of Eagles players were furious after the SF loss with 49ers.

Sounds like players around the league are sick of SFs chirping

There's always 2 sides.

The fact that Feliciano has screenshots and went to the NFL about it when it happened makes me think he's probably not lying, but who cares, trash talk is trash talk. Carter is being petty by crying about it now.

you dont look too good crying and trying to defend your boy either

There's always 2 sides.

And now I think people are realizing why a lot of Eagles players were furious after the SF loss with 49ers.

Apart from the Cowboys, the 49ers are without a doubt one of the most unlikeable teams for me. I hope they have a major Superbowl losers hangover next season. Nothing would please me more.

There's always 2 sides.

you dont look too good crying and trying to defend your boy either
This is the lamest sort of drama I can think of and it only happens to an Eagles player naturally.

So If I got the story right. This is how things progressed.

49ers player publicly throws his teammate under the bus after losing in the Super Bowl.

JC then says something like "Doesn't surprise me, this guy talked crap about my dead teammate" that he probably still has PTSD about

49ers player then says "Well this guy said he would murder my children" and as "evidence" he shared a screenshot of JC posting a picture of 49ers player with his kids

Nothing is presented to the effect showing JC actually said the bad stuff, yet most people are siding with the guy who threw his teammate under the bus on twitter/x

Zero 49ers players publicly back up the claim nor their teammate

49ers player said he took it to the league office, who allegedly is investigating

Fans debate who is worse, who is wrong in a classic he said/she said case

Am I missing anything??

There's always 2 sides.

Apart from the Cowboys, the 49ers are without a doubt one of the most unlikeable teams for me. I hope they have a major Superbowl losers hangover next season. Nothing would please me more.
Yeah. I kind of agree. The two teams are similar yet different.

Cowboys: Its a circus, they like fame, the like being talked about, that trickles on down to the point ...Star players invite the QB onto their podcast to ask them how they whooped them so badly in the playoffs just 2 weeks after, while the body is still warm. But nothing terrible overall that really grinds my gears. Fans think their QB is underrated and actually is better than the evidence suggests.

49ers: Its a therapy session, they like to whine, like to talk about other teams/fans but when the shoe is on the other foot, they can't seem to take it. Star players publicly complain about uncalled holding penalties from years back, as does the owner. The coaches don't have their players prepared for rule changes. They hold onto the whining for way too long season over season apparently. The non stop whining and lack of accountability does sort of grind my gears. Fans think their QB is underrated and actually is better than the evidence suggests.

Its very very close, but I'll go with "I hate the Cowboys more" b/c the fans overall in my own personal life experience are just ...a cult.

49ers player publicly throws his teammate under the bus after losing in the Super Bowl.
He didn't throw anyone under the bus, at least not intentionally. The media loves to spin things.
“So who’s guy was it? Although not his guy, a quick chop to disrupt his pass rush route could’ve given Purdy just enough time to get a pass off. o-line and special teams have been this teams weakness all year. Great run blockers but get smoked on the pass. “

His reply was:

“A quick chop is not needed if the guy that was supposed to block him, blocks him”

You’re right it wasn’t intentional but worded poorly. I’m sure he agrees he shouldn’t have pressed ‘send’.

Kind of a relayed topic but I hate when fans or media want honesty and transparency and than act like some chicks when they get it.

He didn't throw anyone under the bus, at least not intentionally. The media loves to spin things.
“So who’s guy was it? Although not his guy, a quick chop to disrupt his pass rush route could’ve given Purdy just enough time to get a pass off. o-line and special teams have been this teams weakness all year. Great run blockers but get smoked on the pass. “

His reply was:

“A quick chop is not needed if the guy that was supposed to block him, blocks him”

You’re right it wasn’t intentional but worded poorly. I’m sure he agrees he shouldn’t have pressed ‘send’.

Kind of a relayed topic but I hate when fans or media want honesty and transparency and than act like some chicks when they get it.
Here's the whole story:

Someone on X blamed Colt McKivitz for the missed block on the last 49er play. Feliciano responded to it and said "I know you know all, so u should know that’s not Colton’s guy…."

Some rando then responded to him and said Colt shouldve threw a quick chop to disrupt Jones, to which Feliciano responded "A quick chop is not needed if the guy that was supposed to block him, blocks him"

At that point, Spencer Burford sees that and responds to the thread with "Sheesh…I open up my app to this…get well soon bro…"

To which Feliciano responds "Im sorry bro. I woke up hungover and being a *****. In trying to have ones back I hurt u. It’s f-Ed up and I apologize. You got nothing but greatness ahead of you. I’m sorry bro."

Burford later posted "Should’ve fanned out and let the backer be the free hitter" and "tell them to chill on Colt please that’s all I ask"

Not really much to it, but the media does what they do. He was actually trying to defend a teammate and it unraveled into negative headlines.

His reply was:

And the fact the player "whose fault it was" Spency Burford replied "Sheesh bro...I open up my app to this...get well soon bro..."

And then Felciano apologized to him, publicly on twitter. If he didn't do anything intentionally, no need to apologize.

Anyway, this is such a small minor thing that we are talking about b/c his has become a rivalry of sorts and its the offseason.

Back to the Eagles, we though we looked bad firing our DC(s) after the season we had. The Niners just fired their DC after giving up just 25 points in the Super Bowl in overtime to the Chiefs....

Back to the Eagles, we though we looked bad firing our DC(s) after the season we had. The Niners just fired their DC after giving up just 25 points in the Super Bowl in overtime to the Chiefs....

They held Patrick Mahomes to 2 TD drives on 13 tries: 1 was on a 16 yard field, the other was because he had 4 downs on every series because that's what Shanahan preferred.

They held Patrick Mahomes to 2 TD drives on 13 tries: 1 was on a 16 yard field, the other was because he had 4 downs on every series because that's what Shanahan preferred.
I think they basically did the same thing we did w Desai like "Sorry bro this just ain't working like we want" and we move on.

Anyway, back to the Eagles - what are we doing this offseason? Is it really going to be one of those Howie swings for the fences offseasons? I'm thinking we say damn the comp picks and go after a few big players as well as make a play for 1 or 2 more via trade and of course wheel and deal some draft picks. I just don't see a way Jeff and Howie sit back while Hurts' cap numbers will still be low(ish) for the next 2 seasons before it explodes a bit in 2026 ($31.7 cap number not really that high).

Extensions - Dickerson/Devonta are a must, I also feel we *must* sign Milton Williams to an extension as well.

The Niners just fired their DC after giving up just 25 points in the Super Bowl in overtime to the Chiefs....
Their defense fell off significantly from last season. Their defense EPA/play rank dropped from #1 in 2022 to #12 in 2023, and their run defense dropped from top 5 to #26. Plus they were way too predictable. He was a bad fit from day one.
Thought I read that they were 3rd of 4th in DVOA? I don’t know much about them but just from what I saw especially in the Super Bowl he didn’t do a bad job at all.

The Niners just fired their DC after giving up just 25 points in the Super Bowl in overtime to the Chiefs....
Their defense fell off significantly from last season. Their defense EPA/play rank dropped from #1 in 2022 to #12 in 2023, and their run defense dropped from top 5 to #26. Plus they were way too predictable. He was a bad fit from day one.
Thought I read that they were 3rd of 4th in DVOA? I don’t know much about them but just from what I saw especially in the Super Bowl he didn’t do a bad job at all.
DVOA drop-off was to #4, but their run defense fell off a cliff, their sacks went way down, and they didn't disguise coverages well at all. They played pretty well in the SB but the writing was on the wall all season that Wilks would be gone.

Anyway, back to the Eagles - what are we doing this offseason? Is it really going to be one of those Howie swings for the fences offseasons? I'm thinking we say damn the comp picks and go after a few big players as well as make a play for 1 or 2 more via trade and of course wheel and deal some draft picks. I just don't see a way Jeff and Howie sit back while Hurts' cap numbers will still be low(ish) for the next 2 seasons before it explodes a bit in 2026 ($31.7 cap number not really that high).
They’re kind of in a position to do both. The defense needs an injection of good young talent to groom and the offense will need a RB, maybe a 3rd WR and some depth.

There's always 2 sides.

The 49ers are starting to make me want to Root for the Cowboys if these 2 teams face off. And you need to do a lot to piss me off for that

There's always 2 sides.

Yeah. I kind of agree. The two teams are similar yet different.

Cowboys: Its a circus, they like fame, the like being talked about, that trickles on down to the point ...Star players invite the QB onto their podcast to ask them how they whooped them so badly in the playoffs just 2 weeks after, while the body is still warm. But nothing terrible overall that really grinds my gears. Fans think their QB is underrated and actually is better than the evidence suggests.

49ers: Its a therapy session, they like to whine, like to talk about other teams/fans but when the shoe is on the other foot, they can't seem to take it. Star players publicly complain about uncalled holding penalties from years back, as does the owner. The coaches don't have their players prepared for rule changes. They hold onto the whining for way too long season over season apparently. The non stop whining and lack of accountability does sort of grind my gears. Fans think their QB is underrated and actually is better than the evidence suggests.

Its very very close, but I'll go with "I hate the Cowboys more" b/c the fans overall in my own personal life experience are just ...a cult.
Im not surprised by this. It started happening when Colin z Kaepernick was there and Harbaugh left because the ownership wouldn’t back him up on holding guys accountable. Colin use to go crying to ownership and disrespected several vets. His GF was a former teammates GF he slept with when dating said teammate. It’s gone downhill since then in terms of accountability there

There's always 2 sides.

I know you guys have to defend him in here but if he truly posted a pic of Feliciano’s kids online, that’s beyond disturbing IMO. Not saying Feliciano is innocent by any means but involving kids is crossing a line. Assuming this happened of course (I’m not sure).

ETA - forget it I don’t know what happened. Innocent until proven guilty. Just don’t like when kids are involved.

There's always 2 sides.

I know you guys have to defend him in here but if he truly posted a pic of Feliciano’s kids online, that’s beyond disturbing IMO. Not saying Feliciano is innocent by any means but involving kids is crossing a line. Assuming this happened of course (I’m not sure).

ETA - forget it I don’t know what happened. Innocent until proven guilty. Just don’t like when kids are involved.
No one knows. It’s easy for anyone to photoshop today as well. I doubt there was an investigation or the media would’ve known about it and been a story. Sounds like Feliciano is trying to play victim plausible deniability here

There's always 2 sides.

No one knows. It’s easy for anyone to photoshop today as well. I doubt there was an investigation or the media would’ve known about it and been a story. Sounds like Feliciano is trying to play victim plausible deniability here
Obviously we don’t know the details entirely but just seeing the interaction and reactions it’s pretty obvious IMO

1. Feliciano’s version is that Carter said something about his kids so he attacked Carter about his dead friend. This lead to Carter being visibly upset and crying on the sideline

Or

2. Feliciano says something about Carter dead friend, which leaves Carter upset and more than likely invoked a pissed off response back to Feliciano

This is a layup. I find it extremely hard to believe Carter would initiate it and than cry when he got a response back.

There's always 2 sides.

Obviously we don’t know the details entirely but just seeing the interaction and reactions it’s pretty obvious IMO

1. Feliciano’s version is that Carter said something about his kids so he attacked Carter about his dead friend. This lead to Carter being visibly upset and crying on the sideline

Or

2. Feliciano says something about Carter dead friend, which leaves Carter upset and more than likely invoked a pissed off response back to Feliciano

This is a layup. I find it extremely hard to believe Carter would initiate it and than cry when he got a response back.
Feliciano said something. Everyone in the league I’ve talked to said it wouldn’t surprise them.

From talking to one of my team sources multiple Eagles were upset with how SF players were acting during the game. Multiple SF players were taking shots at JCs friend and accident even prior to the game during warmups. It’s why it escalated in the 2nd qtr with the sideline incident.

I’m in the group where you get overal personal like a death nothing is off limits after that.

The Eagles didn’t cry about it but it certainly affected the dream as he’s like a little brother out there. JC was simple calling this guy out after he tried to play I was drunk/hungover card when he blamed a teammate for losing the biggest game of their career. Dude got salty about it tried to play victim card

There's always 2 sides.

Or

Strangest thing to me is the fact that an OL went to the league to complain about this. I can't remember the last time an NFL player did this, and I am pretty sure there isn't a circumstance where an OL went to the league to complain.

If people don't think that some rough stuff is said during NFL games, I would suggest they are misguided. Just can't imagine being an OL, having this happen, and not taking it out on the guy on the field (if there is any credibility to Feliciano's comment). I mean imagine a DL said something like that to Landon Johnson or Cam Jurgens. Not only would they push back a bit in the game, I am absolutely positive that Mailata or Landon Johnson would get a unnecessary roughness penalty wrecking the dude.

Feliciano's argument just does not add up

In other news, this makes me sad:

rcRs1pMs_bigger.jpg

NBC Sports Philadelphia

@NBCSPhilly

In somewhat of a surprising move, Jeff Stoutland’s long-time top assistant has left the Eagles for the same position with the Browns.

Why it makes me sad, is this seems like a move made to set up a coaching vacancy for Jason Kelce to fit into. I am hoping for one more year from him, but this makes me nervous....

There's always 2 sides.

Or

Strangest thing to me is the fact that an OL went to the league to complain about this. I can't remember the last time an NFL player did this, and I am pretty sure there isn't a circumstance where an OL went to the league to complain.

If people don't think that some rough stuff is said during NFL games, I would suggest they are misguided. Just can't imagine being an OL, having this happen, and not taking it out on the guy on the field (if there is any credibility to Feliciano's comment). I mean imagine a DL said something like that to Landon Johnson or Cam Jurgens. Not only would they push back a bit in the game, I am absolutely positive that Mailata or Landon Johnson would get a unnecessary roughness penalty wrecking the dude.

Feliciano's argument just does not add up
Yeah plus we’d have a story on it in the news the investigation. Ironically Kaepernick got fined once by the league for dropping nbombs at a player during a game

If people don't think that some rough stuff is said during NFL games, I would suggest they are misguided. Just can't imagine being an OL, having this happen, and not taking it out on the guy on the field (if there is any credibility to Feliciano's comment). I mean imagine a DL said something like that to Landon Johnson or Cam Jurgens. Not only would they push back a bit in the game, I am absolutely positive that Mailata or Landon Johnson would get an unnecessary roughness penalty wrecking the dude.
So saying “some rough stuff” during a game is normal and fine, unless it’s said to an Eagles player. Then you think it’s ok for the Eagles players to “wreck the dude” after the whistle

:lmao:

If people don't think that some rough stuff is said during NFL games, I would suggest they are misguided. Just can't imagine being an OL, having this happen, and not taking it out on the guy on the field (if there is any credibility to Feliciano's comment). I mean imagine a DL said something like that to Landon Johnson or Cam Jurgens. Not only would they push back a bit in the game, I am absolutely positive that Mailata or Landon Johnson would get an unnecessary roughness penalty wrecking the dude.
So saying “some rough stuff” during a game is normal and fine, unless it’s said to an Eagles player. Then you think it’s ok for the Eagles players to “wreck the dude” after the whistle

:lmao:
Nah he’s saying stuff is said. Multiple players drop nbombs and probably make sexual suggestions of wife/GF, etc. the PC crowd would appalled with. Feliciano is known in the league as a scumbag but given carters character past after being called out for throwing a teammate under the bus by JC this guy went straight for the victim card after giving the dumb I was drunk excuse.

Point was more if JC had done what Feliciano claims we’d have heard about a league investigation reported since he said it was reported to the league. The guy is trying to deflect from the throwing a teammate under the bus. In other words he’s saying he’d expect an OL not to cry about it and handle it in the field. This guy sounds like the bully in schools who finally someone punched in the mouth went home cried to mommy and daddy and the real victims are now looked at as the bad guys

Eagles special teams coach Michael Clay has signed a contract extension with the Eagles. He had one of the top special teams units in the league this year 

Sirianni took the new coaches to Geno's the other night. In the photo Fangio, an authentic Philly guy, looks like he's there against his will :lmao:

This might seem strange, but I think the best steaks in Philly are at the Rocco's (attached to the Home Depots).
well it most certainly isn't Geno's.
Geno’s and Pat’s might be two of the worst cheesesteaks in the city.
I disagree a bit. For whatever reason at 2 AM after a long night of drinking those cheesesteaks would always hit the spot.

Sirianni took the new coaches to Geno's the other night. In the photo Fangio, an authentic Philly guy, looks like he's there against his will :lmao:

This might seem strange, but I think the best steaks in Philly are at the Rocco's (attached to the Home Depots).
well it most certainly isn't Geno's.
Geno’s and Pat’s might be two of the worst cheesesteaks in the city.
I disagree a bit. For whatever reason at 2 AM after a long night of drinking those cheesesteaks would always hit the spot.

At 2 am, I'd always go to the Aramingo Diner.

Users who are viewing this thread