What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - LB situation hits a new low when one of them can't even outrun an internet entrepreneur. (2 Viewers)

I know he was another hot topic last year but there looks like some red flags with Dennard Wilson. Very odd for him to part ways with 2 teams in like 12 months.

Supposedly going to be the DC for the Titans. Seems like a good reason to move on from the Ravens.
You’d think the natural next step would be to replace the DC in Baltimore or even follow him to Seattle as a DC though. Doesn't seem right.

Gotta feel pretty good about the coaching merry go round in the NFC East.

Washington gets Dan Quinn - not the best HC and a Defensive HC with a new rookie QB always works well
Dallas loses Quinn, and In my opinion, they will downgrade from him to hopefully/possibly Ron Rivera - who just might decide "Ya know, Micah Parsons is a good MLB!"
Giants - lost Wink Martindale, still got Daboll who, I dunno, seems overrated. Not sure if they even have a new DC yet
Eagles - we upgraded both spot with super experienced guys that high level positional coaches will want to work for, at least with Fangio it seems

Good stuff!
The Dallas and Washington dynamic is gonna be interesting in a few ways. In addition to the ones you highlighted, you have to think Quinn is taking his fair share of coaches from them as well. It’s also kinda late in the game to be replacing coaches kind of like we dealt with a year ago.

Washington gets Dan Quinn - not the best HC and a Defensive HC with a new rookie QB always works well
Dallas loses Quinn, and In my opinion, they will downgrade from him to hopefully/possibly Ron Rivera - who just might decide "Ya know, Micah Parsons is a good MLB!"
Giants - lost Wink Martindale, still got Daboll who, I dunno, seems overrated. Not sure if they even have a new DC yet
Eagles - we upgraded both spot with super experienced guys that high level positional coaches will want to work for, at least with Fangio it seems

Good stuff!
The Dallas and Washington dynamic is gonna be interesting in a few ways. In addition to the ones you highlighted, you have to think Quinn is taking his fair share of coaches from them as well. It’s also kinda late in the game to be replacing coaches kind of like we dealt with a year ago.

Interested to see who Dallas gets. It's most likely gonn be a downgrade

Good stuff!

I hear Desai is still available.

Tomorrow on WIP:

"Jalen Hurts failed to win the QB Challenge... should the Eagles trade him?"
Already talking about how many picks we'd get for Embiid so why not Jalen too.
To be fair they should be thinking of trading Embiid. Always hurt, comes up short in post season. Better to trade him early then late like they did with Ben
Ben can't play. Embiid is a Hall of Famer. You'd never get value for him. It's like when the magic traded Shaq. They were nothing after that.
He’s a great talent for sure but big contract almost 30 (will be in March), availability concerns plus goes Mia in the playoffs? That’s gonna scare some teams from parting with assets. Especially with his knees. I don’t see the 76ers ever winning anything with Joel. He seems more concerned with individual awards and success than the team. I think if the Sixers fall out early in the post season this year, they need to at least consider parting ways and build around Maxey.

Missed 168 games in his nba career not including playoffs or the games he’s missed already and will most likely miss this year. That’s a heck of a lot of games. He avgs only 24 pts in postseason play and has been known to have gone missing. I don’t think it’s out of the realm the team thinking of trading Joel plus I also could see him wanting out soon seeing he can’t win here and want to go find an easier route to the title.

But this isn’t really for this thread. My point is some feel it’s crazy the Sixers trade Embiid but there seems to be a lot more people willing to go that route then you think these days especially the last few yrs.

Last edited:
Interesting article in the athletic this morning in Bill. Only ATL was in the running for Bill but a lot of teams were scared of hiring him as he wanted to keep personnel decisions. Teams also think he’s too stubborn and his moves as NE coach/GM scared people away. 17-19 over the last few yrs and his age also factors.

That’s just a quick summary but interesting to see how the league really feels about ya when looking for a job. Team personnel were relieved he didn’t go to their teams for those who were looking for a coach.

Good stuff!

It would appear that way to me. He took over one of the worst defenses and they had one of the best in the league. I’m curious what our resident Cowboy fans think of him.

Good stuff!

Interested to see who Dallas gets. It's most likely gonn be a downgradehes gutting
It would appear that way to me. He took over one of the worst defenses and they had one of the best in the league. I’m curious what our resident Cowboy fans think of him.

i agree with you that hes gutting the other cowboys coaches. when mcarthy fails again next year it will be a whole new regime

washington could be setup pretty well if they hit on a qb. i guess they are giving up on howell? hes flashed but i think they are gonna spend their high pick on another qb

Good stuff!

Interested to see who Dallas gets. It's most likely gonn be a downgradehes gutting

i agree with you that hes gutting the other cowboys coaches. when mcarthy fails again next year it will be a whole new regime

washington could be setup pretty well if they hit on a qb. i guess they are giving up on howell? hes flashed but i think they are gonna spend their high pick on another qb
Yeah no chance they are keeping Howell to pass on either Maye or Caleb. I wonder what happens in Washington over the next 2-3 years.

There’s just so much to overcome in Washington it would seem. Everyone talked about how attractive it was but I don’t necessarily agree. Theyre gonna get a franchise QB and have tons of cap space but they literally need everything. HC’s don’t normally survive long enough to see a rebuild like this all the way through.

Philadelphia Eagles have put in a request slip to interview Dolphins safeties coach Joe Kasper for the same role, per sources.

Kasper is a young rising coach who came over from Philly to Miami last year. Vic Fangio, now the Eagles DC, values Kasper.

I'm surprised Washington didn't try harder to get an offensive coach to go with the new high pick QB they'll be getting. Maybe they just banked too hard on Ben Johnson and when he didnt want the job, they gave up? Or were there just not that many potential OC's worth considering?
Maybe it's good we kept Sirianni then - who would we even replace him with?

I'm surprised Washington didn't try harder to get an offensive coach to go with the new high pick QB they'll be getting. Maybe they just banked too hard on Ben Johnson and when he didnt want the job, they gave up? Or were there just not that many potential OC's worth considering?
Maybe it's good we kept Sirianni then - who would we even replace him with?
I'm sure Ben Johnson interviewing with Jeff Lurie and Howie is different than with Josh Harris, brand new NFL owner.

But good point overall and kinda glad we kept Nick bc of this bc as I said before I want nothing to do with a Defensive guy as a HC. If you are successful, you just keep turning over the OC in perpetuity IMO.

Good stuff!

If the next guy gives up 49 pts in the 1st rd of the playoffs at home youll be correct

Eagles are hiring former Seattle DC Clint Hurtt as their DL coach. Also hiring Karl Scott as the DB's coach.

More solid moves hiring experienced coaches.
Karl Scott is now not coming over from SEA. They bumped him up to Sr. Defensive Assistant to retain him.
May be worth mentioning that Kellen Moore as OC has yet to be announced by the team. It was reported about a week ago.

Fangio was reported and then announced within a day or so.

Hopefully just ironing out contract details.
So, Kliff Kingsbury has backed out as Raiders OC. Hope that Moore doesn’t do the same…

Eagles are hiring former Seattle DC Clint Hurtt as their DL coach. Also hiring Karl Scott as the DB's coach.

Karl Scott is now not coming over from SEA. They bumped him up to Sr. Defensive Assistant to retain him.
May be worth mentioning that Kellen Moore as OC has yet to be announced by the team. It was reported about a week ago.

So, Kliff Kingsbury has backed out as Raiders OC. Hope that Moore doesn’t do the same…
But what if KK backed out to pursue the Eagles OC gig, and Howie has done more due diligence on Moore leading to second guessing Moore’s fit. Who would you rather have?

But what if KK backed out to pursue the Eagles OC gig, and Howie has done more due diligence on Moore leading to second guessing Moore’s fit. Who would you rather have?
Easily Moore.

Reports are that Eagles are hiring Doug Nussmeier as QB coach. Has a background with Kellen Moore and also OC experience in college at Washington, Alabama, Michigan, and Florida.

Reports are that Eagles are hiring Doug Nussmeier as QB coach. Has a background with Kellen Moore and also OC experience in college at Washington, Alabama, Michigan, and Florida.
Came to Florida as the OC/QB Coach after being at Michigan hired by Jim McElwain. He was let go a month after UF fired Jim 3 yrs later.

The movie Groundhog Day was on 2 days ago, and my wife asked me: if you had to live one day over and over, which day would it be?

Without hesitation, I said February 4th, 2018.

Then I had to dodge the pillow she threw at me :P

If I had just watched it on TV, it might not have edged out things like the kids being born, our wedding, etc. But being there in the stadium seeing it all live and experiencing the whole Super Bowl spectacle that day make it the clear cut choice.

The movie Groundhog Day was on 2 days ago, and my wife asked me: if you had to live one day over and over, which day would it be?

If I had just watched it on TV, it might not have edged out things like the kids being born, our wedding, etc. But being there in the stadium seeing it all live and experiencing the whole Super Bowl spectacle that day make it the clear cut choice.
A smart man would have said your wedding day. Lying is sometimes the right choice.

Tomorrow on WIP:

To be fair they should be thinking of trading Embiid. Always hurt, comes up short in post season. Better to trade him early then late like they did with Ben
Ben can't play. Embiid is a Hall of Famer. You'd never get value for him. It's like when the magic traded Shaq. They were nothing after that.
He’s a great talent for sure but big contract almost 30 (will be in March), availability concerns plus goes Mia in the playoffs? That’s gonna scare some teams from parting with assets. Especially with his knees. I don’t see the 76ers ever winning anything with Joel. He seems more concerned with individual awards and success than the team. I think if the Sixers fall out early in the post season this year, they need to at least consider parting ways and build around Maxey.

Missed 168 games in his nba career not including playoffs or the games he’s missed already and will most likely miss this year. That’s a heck of a lot of games. He avgs only 24 pts in postseason play and has been known to have gone missing. I don’t think it’s out of the realm the team thinking of trading Joel plus I also could see him wanting out soon seeing he can’t win here and want to go find an easier route to the title.

But this isn’t really for this thread. My point is some feel it’s crazy the Sixers trade Embiid but there seems to be a lot more people willing to go that route then you think these days especially the last few yrs.

I know Eagles thread, but I'll chime in here. You can't build around Maxey by trading Embiid for picks. If you trade Embiid and want to avoid a Process 2.0, then you have to get back a young potential stud. For example, trading Embiid to OKC for Chet Holmgren and picks. Anything short of that kind of trade, and you might as well trade Maxey too and just finish top 5 for the next half decade.

Ed
Tomorrow on WIP:

I know Eagles thread, but I'll chime in here. You can't build around Maxey by trading Embiid for picks. If you trade Embiid and want to avoid a Process 2.0, then you have to get back a young potential stud. For example, trading Embiid to OKC for Chet Holmgren and picks. Anything short of that kind of trade, and you might as well trade Maxey too and just finish top 5 for the next half decade.

It’s a moot point either way. The ownership and management suck. My cousin works in the league as a Sixers fan he’s embarrassed what he hears from people. No one trust the org and FO and most agents are using them to get better offers elsewhere. Harris cares only about one thing. Club value. As long as fans show up and fill the seats he doesn’t care. It’s beyond me for the team got away without any accountability involving Ben Simmons debaticle because Harris created that environment of zero accountability.

The problems with Joel are there. He to me is the new Russel Westbrook. Regular season stat padder doesn’t do much come playoff time. Not winning anything with him but much worse without him because the 76ers built a team very reliant on Joel. I don’t know if it’s arrogance or what but the problem has been there for awhile and they start with ownership and accountability.

A smart man would have said your wedding day. Lying is sometimes the right choice.
I would have said the super bowl also. My wife would have understood.

So the Eagles will be playing week 1 on a Friday night in Brazil.

A younger, unmarried childless version of myself might have entertained this haha

One of these years the Eagles might actually open up at home lol.

I’m guessing it will be against PIT or GB. Won’t be a divisional opponent because that isn’t fair to lose a home game to a team that gets one of their own against us.

And since it’s a “prime time” game, they will want big ratings and an opponent with a big fan base. CLE, ATL, CAR don’t fit that bill, and JAX is already playing their usual London game.

The Philadelphia Eagles are hiring Denver Broncos defensive backs coach Christian Parker

Here’s a snapshot of Parker’s coaching experience:

• 2013-2014 — Virginia State defensive backs coach
  • 2015-2016 — Norfolk State defensive backs coach
  • 2017 — Notre Dame defensive analyst
  • 2018 — Texas A&M defensive analyst
  • 2019-2020 — Green Bay Packers defensive quality control coach
  • 2021-2023 — Denver Broncos defensive backs coach
During his time with the Broncos, Parker oversaw the development of first-team All-Pro cornerback Patrick Surtain II. Veteran safety Justin Simmons also played one of his two Pro Bowl seasons while working with Parker.

Stadium seating capacity for the Brazil game is 47k. The Linc is 70k. Ticket availability and pricing will be INSANE.
Us citizens will also need a visa and proof of at least 2K in their bank accounts starting in April per the Brazilian Government FYI for everyone knowledge.

Also US embassy has advised not traveling to Brazil as an American

I get crap from my wife all the time about that day. I was also lucky enough to be at the stadium for the Super Bowl with my wife. She just shakes her head when a talk about the day and I get a bit emotional every time.

A day I will never forget.

Go Birds !!!

I’m guessing it will be against PIT or GB. Won’t be a divisional opponent because that isn’t fair to lose a home game to a team that gets one of their own against us.

And since it’s a “prime time” game, they will want big ratings and an opponent with a big fan base. CLE, ATL, CAR don’t fit that bill, and JAX is already playing their usual London game.

I hope it's not PIT. The PIT games sell for beau coup bucks.

I hope it's not PIT. The PIT games sell for beau coup bucks.
I know, and GB, too. Hoping it's CLE or ATL. The team may have negotiated with the league to at least let them keep those two marquee matchups in Philly.

Rappo
Eagles giving Haason Reddick permission to seek a trade.

Bummer. And very Howie to drop this news on Super Bowl Sunday when people’s attention is elsewhere.

The Eagles currently have ~$20M in cap space.

If they cut/trade: Reddick, Byard, and Maddox they'll have ~$57M. Not sure they'll be cutting Bradberry and/or Slay, there is really no financial benefit to it. The more logical move is to take Bradeberry or Slay and move them to Safety. I could see Slay going to a FS, Bradberry going to the slot and going after a stud CB for one side and rolling with a young guy on the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread