What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - LB situation hits a new low when one of them can't even outrun an internet entrepreneur. (13 Viewers)

Eagles wanted Stick when they ended up with Clay (don’t remember his name now) when Wentz was here. chargers took him 2 picks prior

Eagles Looking To Keep Marcus Mariota​

We’re told that while the team hasn’t eliminated the possibility of re-signing veteran QB Marcus Mariota to back up Jalen Hurts, former Los Angeles Chargers QB Easton Stick is under consideration to handle the No. 2 role, a league source said. New Philadelphia Eagles OC Kellen Moore worked with Stick last season with the Chargers.

The athletic Stick, a fifth-round pick out of the 2019 NFL Draft, wound up starting four games last season for the injury-depleted Chargers.

In other team news, sources said the Eagles are working to re-sign P Braden Mann, who averaged 49.8 yards per punt (ranked seventh in the NFL) and a net average of 43.8 (ranked fourth in the NFL) last season with the Eagles — both were career highs for the former sixth-round pick of the New York Jets (2020).

While the team informed fourth-year TE Jack Stoll a few weeks ago that they wouldn’t be tendering him as a restricted free agent, a league source tells us that the team still has interest in re-signing him.

Stoll, who made the Eagles roster in 2021 as an undrafted free agent, won the No. 2 job (“Y” position—inline) at the position that season and has held that role ever since.

The lowest RFA tender level is just under $3m ($2.985m), which is seen around the NFL as a bit high for a backup tight end of his experience.
I would think Stick would cost less than Mariota.

Jets free-agent DE Bryce Huff is signing a three-year, $51.1 million deal with the Philadelphia Eagles once free agency opens, per sources. The deal will make Huff the highest-paid non-QB undrafted free agent in NFL history, per sources. Per schefty

McManus

Eagles land one of the top edge rushers on the market.

Focus now shifts to Haason Reddick and Josh Sweat, who both have been the subject of trade conversations.

Eagles wanted Stick when they ended up with Clay (don’t remember his name now) when Wentz was here. chargers took him 2 picks prior

Eagles Looking To Keep Marcus Mariota​

We’re told that while the team hasn’t eliminated the possibility of re-signing veteran QB Marcus Mariota to back up Jalen Hurts, former Los Angeles Chargers QB Easton Stick is under consideration to handle the No. 2 role, a league source said. New Philadelphia Eagles OC Kellen Moore worked with Stick last season with the Chargers.

The athletic Stick, a fifth-round pick out of the 2019 NFL Draft, wound up starting four games last season for the injury-depleted Chargers.

In other team news, sources said the Eagles are working to re-sign P Braden Mann, who averaged 49.8 yards per punt (ranked seventh in the NFL) and a net average of 43.8 (ranked fourth in the NFL) last season with the Eagles — both were career highs for the former sixth-round pick of the New York Jets (2020).

While the team informed fourth-year TE Jack Stoll a few weeks ago that they wouldn’t be tendering him as a restricted free agent, a league source tells us that the team still has interest in re-signing him.

Stoll, who made the Eagles roster in 2021 as an undrafted free agent, won the No. 2 job (“Y” position—inline) at the position that season and has held that role ever since.

The lowest RFA tender level is just under $3m ($2.985m), which is seen around the NFL as a bit high for a backup tight end of his experience.
I would think Stick would cost less than Mariota.
Yep and makes sense he was with Moore so he can help the offense plus Eagles have background on him given they scoured him pretty well. The feeling at the time was he was similar player to Wentz and went to same college knew one another so if Wentz went down offense wouldn’t need to change much.

Howard Eskin reporting that Eagles are interested in pursuing Saquon Barkley. :popcorn:

ETA: Also still reporting that they are trying to get something done with CJGJ.
Do not want Barkley at all unless it’s a 1 year prove it deal. The dude is built like glass and most of his injuries are away from Meadowlands so can’t blame the turf for his injury issues. Get me Mattison, resign swift and draft a guy

Also what was probably said was he was asked on radio would they and he said yeah if XYZ were to happen. It was then spun Eagles have interest in Barkley
Guess they were interested. Great to have another Penn State player on the birds!

3 years, $37M is a lot for a tush pusher.
Well overpaid guy tells me he gets hurt and this deal ends up being a waste. Resources could’ve been used better elsewhere

If this signing means I don't have to see Gainwell out there anymore, I'll personally contribute $50 of every Barkley game check for the Eagles. Money well spent. LOL!

Real take on Barkley. Love the signing and I don't think this means or you need to become a run first team. I don't want the offense flowing through him, but rather he be a nice complement to it. Keep the defense honest. Go back to some play action/RPO. Actually use your RB in the passing game (The misuse of Swift last season was criminal). And best of all, Gainwell can become the complimentary back he was meant to be. Spell Barkley occasionally and not show up in high leverage situations all the friggin time.

I don't want Barkley getting 20+ carries a game. Keep the dude fresh and hopefully avoid injury. He'll get his.

Real take on Barkley. Love the signing and I don't think this means or you need to become a run first team. I don't want the offense flowing through him, but rather he be a nice complement to it. Keep the defense honest. Go back to some play action/RPO. Actually use your RB in the passing game (The misuse of Swift last season was criminal). And best of all, Gainwell can become the complimentary back he was meant to be. Spell Barkley occasionally and not show up in high leverage situations all the friggin time.

I don't want Barkley getting 20+ carries a game. Keep the dude fresh and hopefully avoid injury. He'll get his.
12-15 carries a game with another 5-7 targets would be ideal for Barkley. Plus give him 80% of the snaps to keep the defense guessing.

12-15 carries a game with another 5-7 targets would be ideal for Barkley. Plus give him 80% of the snaps to keep the defense guessing.
Exactly my thoughts.

Mckinney signed with the Pack, $17M per. That’s EDGE money for a Safety. Way too rich for my blood.
Money isn't as big of an issue as it used to be, or as people are making it. Again, cap going up drastically and probably even more drastically next year. Hard to say anyone "paid too much" for a guy these days.

Mckinney signed with the Pack, $17M per. That’s EDGE money for a Safety. Way too rich for my blood.
Money isn't as big of an issue as it used to be, or as people are making it. Again, cap going up drastically and probably even more drastically next year. Hard to say anyone "paid too much" for a guy these days.
Yea, the market is going to be reset. Great time to be a FA.
With Cox and Kelce retiring, good time for the cap to go up as well, thats like a 40 mil cap hit between the two of them I believe.

McKinney is a good, young S with some injury issues. I don't consider him top 5 Safety in the league. You'd be signing him to be the answer for 4 years- that is worth something. Did the market shift with the new cap rise? Sure. Did it rise that much that a guy who was expected to earn $13M per year, max, is making $25M his first year and averaging $17M? Not to me. And apparently not to Howie, either.

3 years, $37M is a lot for a tush pusher.
Well overpaid guy tells me he gets hurt and this deal ends up being a waste. Resources could’ve been used better elsewhere

If this signing means I don't have to see Gainwell out there anymore, I'll personally contribute $50 of every Barkley game check for the Eagles. Money well spent. LOL!
Gainwell will see 60% of the touches if he’s still here they love him. Who are we kidding

My favorite all time Penn State player! Getting the jersey!
He’ll probably get injured putting it on
Possibly. Still getting it.
It honestly wouldn’t shock me he’s injured in camp and out the year or half the year. It has some nagging injury that keeps him out in terms of playing fully. The dude always seems to have some lingering health issue. I hope I’m wrong but people need to pump the breaks here.

Users who are viewing this thread