What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - A.J. Brown hamstring injury could keep him out of MNF. Good thing Paul Turner is still available. (9 Viewers)

Kinda surprised we waived E.J. Jenkins. I think he'll get picked up. I liked what I saw of his athleticism.

Surprising choices for the 53.

I guess they figure Jenkins will pass waivers and they can sign him to the PS. Makes sense, there were some notable cuts of guys around his skill level at TE, but he’s looked good in pre season.

Glad they kept Ricks, I think he has a future in the league.

Surprised they kept Patrick Johnson, but he has looked good thru camp. Could he flourish in Vic’s D?

Surprised they kept Booker at DT. But, I guess he showed too much tape in pre season that they were worried he wouldn’t clear waivers.

McCollum looked good in camp, too, but him and Booker will be 2 guys that get cut to make space when they get another TE or WR, or both.

Also, who is backing up Jergens at C? Since Toth is a vested vet, he doesn’t need to clear waivers, right? So, he can sign straight to PS and wait to be called up?

I like that they kept Kinnard, but not crazy about our Oline depth.

Absolute shocker James Bradberry has a mystery injury that is going to keep him out for the next 6-8 weeks. Nice way to make $12M I guess

Looking at the waiver claims, it was interesting to see the Eagles put a claim in for slot corner Samuel Womack, who the Colts took with their higher waiver order.

Wonder who would have been cut if the claim went through? Maddox? Ricks? Bradberry?

Looking at the waiver claims, it was interesting to see the Eagles put a claim in for slot corner Samuel Womack, who the Colts took with their higher waiver order.

Wonder who would have been cut if the claim went through? Maddox? Ricks? Bradberry?
Likely for the Bradberry injury.

Likely for the Bradberry injury.
Bradberry got injured today. Were these claims made after that?

NM I see it was yesterday.

Last edited:
Glad they kept Ricks, I think he has a future in the league.
I think it's possible Howie thinks he still may be able to get something for Ricks (or Bradberry) and went heavy at DB for the initial cut down to keep them rostered and see how things play out across the league between now and Week 1.

So, looks like this is what Howie was trying to do, but this injury yesterday threw that out the window.
https://x.com/Jeff_McLane
@Jeff_McLane

#Eagles DB James Bradberry suffered a lower leg injury during yesterday’s practice and is expected to miss 6-8 weeks, NFL sources confirm. Bradberry is likely headed to IR. Eagles had tried to trade the veteran who has transitioned from CB to S, and still had hoped to move him, but this injury further complicates a trade.

Man, worst possible outcome for the Eagles. No chance moving him now.

I like Bradberry as a guy; he is solid and has been a total pro thoughout this whole thing.

I feel bad for him. His career is finished, now. Arguably was finished already.

After all the talk about the soccer rules of no green being allowed in the Brazil stadium being nonsense for an NFL game, the Eagles are going with a never before seen uniform combo of:

Black helmet
White jersey
Black pants

So, no green :ponder:

And the NFL rule is you can't use a 3rd helmet unless you just did a redesign (that's why they had to ditch the black helmet last year to have Kelly green), but seems like the NFL is allowing an exception to avoid an international incident.

ETA: the black and white combo is the same as the hometown soccer team that plays there so they might also be going for the angle of currying favor with the locals and get them rooting for the Eagles...especially if the Packers now have to wear their green jerseys because (as the home team) the Eagles chose the white, forcing the Packers to wear the opposite.

Last edited:
After all the talk about the soccer rules of no green being allowed in the Brazil stadium being nonsense for an NFL game, the Eagles are going with a never before seen uniform combo of:

Black helmet
White jersey
Black pants

So, no green :ponder:
Pack going green though.

thought it was our home game? why cant we wear our home green jerseys? they are wearing green? wth is going on?
It is. But its also the home team's choice of jersey, and they are choosing this route b/c I guess the locals might get mad/angry at anyone wearing green b/c sports fans are psychos

which should be reason enough to not play down there. they dont deserve us

thought it was our home game? why cant we wear our home green jerseys? they are wearing green? wth is going on?
It is. But its also the home team's choice of jersey, and they are choosing this route b/c I guess the locals might get mad/angry at anyone wearing green b/c sports fans are psychos

My son was at a cigar bar smoking with Nakobe Dean and he said, Dean said the players are not happy about having to go to Brazil to play this game.

My son was at a cigar bar smoking with Nakobe Dean and he said, Dean said the players are not happy about having to go to Brazil to play this game.

Dont blame them.

Yeah they shouldn't be happy. When is the last time any team had their "Home Opener" in a different hemisphere?

Yeah they shouldn't be happy. When is the last time any team had their "Home Opener" in a different hemisphere?
Even the Packers should be mad too though. Games in Mexico and South America are inherently dangerous for all involved.

Having a game in Brazil is ridiculous in my opinion. At this point I just want them to play the game and get the hell out of there that night.
Playing a game in a place where they can’t wear their team colors, basically can’t leave the hotel and wildfires are raging all around is ridiculous?
Whatever NFL exec that green lighted this location should be given a pink slip.

Having a game in Brazil is ridiculous in my opinion. At this point I just want them to play the game and get the hell out of there that night.
Playing a game in a place where they can’t wear their team colors, basically can’t leave the hotel and wildfires are raging all around is ridiculous?
Well, that guy just got a three year contract extension mid-October last year that runs until spring 2027. It's worth approximately $200 million, or around $66 million per year, although it's based largely on bonuses and incentives. This game kinda satisfies the owners desire for expansion into more countries in their effort at world domination. It's not a coincidence that the game is being held in one of the major soccer hot-spots in the world.

I think the color pink might be off limits in manhattan

2024 Eagles Regular Season Prediction Contest is back, with a plethora of Eagles swag as the top prize!

Same rules as previous seasons:
  • Using the format below (and my official entry) as a template, indicate these 3 things about the Eagles 2024 season: overall record, total points scored, and the outcome of each game: W/L/T (make sure your Wins and Losses match up with your overall record!)
  • Number of correct W/L outcome predictions by game will be the first tie-breaker if multiple entries have the correct overall record, and total points (closest, over or under) will be the second tie-breaker, if needed.
  • Entries need to be posted in this thread by 8pm EST on Friday, September 6th. Open to all FBGs, even Giants fans that were rooting for us to catch a case from the NFL for tampering when Saquon high-tailed it out of MetLife faster than a teamster spending his paycheck at the Bada Bing!
Good luck!

10-7 (416)
GB L
ATL W
@ NO W
@ TB L
CLE W
@ NYG W
@ CIN L
JAX W
@ DAL L
WSH W
@ LAR L
@ BAL L
CAR W
PIT W
@ WSH W
DAL W
NYG L

12-5 (456)

GB L
ATL W
@ NO W
@ TB W
CLE W
@ NYG W
@ CIN L
JAX W
@ DAL L
WSH W
@ LAR L
@ BAL L
CAR W
PIT W
@ WSH W
DAL W
NYG W

14-3 (477)

GB W
ATL W
@ NO W
@ TB W
CLE W
@ NYG W
@ CIN W
JAX W
@ DAL L
WSH W
@ LAR W
@ BAL L
CAR W
PIT W
@ WSH W
DAL W
NYG L

Slay told family not to come to Brazil

"During a recent episode of his podcast, "Big Play Slay," Eagles cornerback Darius Slay made it very clear that he would prefer NOT to go to Sao Paulo for the game.

"I do not want to go to Brazil. You want to know why? I'm going to tell you why," Slay said, via PHL Eagles Nation. "They already told us not to leave the hotel. They told us we can't do too much going on, because the crime rate is crazy. I'm like 'NFL, why would you want to send us somewhere with a crime rate this high?'"

come on now....more dangerous then LA or Northern NJ? Some of our cities make other countries travel advisory lists.

come on now....more dangerous then LA or Northern NJ? Some of our cities make other countries travel advisory lists.
I would have to look into it, but I think that one think that distinguishes South America in general is the prevalence of kidnapping of wealthy people. I also suspect that they are being somewhat overprotective because the resolution of any incident would probably be complicated simply by virtue of it being in another country.

I would have to look into it, but I think that one think that distinguishes South America in general is the prevalence of kidnapping of wealthy people. I also suspect that they are being somewhat overprotective because the resolution of any incident would probably be complicated simply by virtue of it being in another country.
I’m also not sure what you mean by northern New Jersey, but I’m pretty sure that sao paolo is worse.

I think this is talking about 2023

https://www.ft.com/content/d7d68afb-eb79-40a0-ade0-17d069649fd6

In the first nine months of this year, more than 16,500 robberies and muggings were reported in the area — the highest level in 22 years and an average of about 60 a day, according to police. A further 40,000 incidents of pickpocketing were reported

The two aren't remotely comparable. Not even close.

Our company has an office in Sao Paulo, and believe me when I say large parts of that city make Newark look like Rodeo Drive.

The two aren't remotely comparable. Not even close.

Our company has an office in Sao Paulo, and believe me when I say large parts of that city make Newark look like Rodeo Drive.
To be fair, I don't get why we play games in Mexico either. But I feel like the US could expense some force on the government there if cartels tried to kidnap an athlete. Idk what they could do to Brazil.

2024 Eagles Regular Season Prediction Contest is back, with a plethora of Eagles swag as the top prize!

Same rules as previous seasons:
  • Using the format below (and my official entry) as a template, indicate these 3 things about the Eagles 2024 season: overall record, total points scored, and the outcome of each game: W/L/T (make sure your Wins and Losses match up with your overall record!)
  • Number of correct W/L outcome predictions by game will be the first tie-breaker if multiple entries have the correct overall record, and total points (closest, over or under) will be the second tie-breaker, if needed.
  • Entries need to be posted in this thread by 8pm EST on Friday, September 6th. Open to all FBGs, even Giants fans that were rooting for us to catch a case from the NFL for tampering when Saquon high-tailed it out of MetLife faster than a teamster spending his paycheck at the Bada Bing!
Good luck!

10-7 (416)
GB L
ATL W
@ NO W
@ TB L
CLE W
@ NYG W
@ CIN L
JAX W
@ DAL L
WSH W