What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - 30 years ago, from the makers of V.I. Warshawski (4 Viewers)

Eagles allegedly have interest in CJ Gardner Johnson

Would be ALL for this. Super deep Safety free agent class mixed with a player that has been waiting for a "big" payday for like 3 years. Toss him 4 years/$40M it might be enough (or even less honestly). Still young at 26, turning 27 in December. Playmaker. Dog. Maybe he and Jalen Carter can get together and build a social media Threat Presence for the opposition.
would like him back just for the attitude alone.

Would be ALL for this. Super deep Safety free agent class mixed with a player that has been waiting for a "big" payday for like 3 years. Toss him 4 years/$40M it might be enough (or even less honestly). Still young at 26, turning 27 in December. Playmaker. Dog. Maybe he and Jalen Carter can get together and build a social media Threat Presence for the opposition.

Guy can't stay healthy. He's a safety version of Avonte Maddox.

Guy can't stay healthy. He's a safety version of Avonte Maddox.

no one is going to give him big money

Eagles just released Kevin Byard according to Scheftar let’s right a wrong here

Eagles just released Kevin Byard according to Scheftar let’s right a wrong here

Easiest decision of the offseason.

During an NFL Combine medical evaluation, doctors found that #Bama All-American CB Kool-Aid McKinstry has a Jones fracture in his right foot, sources say. McKinstry won’t work out in Indy, but will do so at his Pro Day, then get it fixed. He should be 100% before training camp. @Rapsheet

AJB just has a contract where it makes zero sense for the Eagles to run him right now. But a year from now that changes I think

As far as "Do we sell AJ Brown now" I'd love to hear the precedent for trading a 26 year old WR coming off back to back 1400 yard seasons that also happens to have the Godfather of his child throwing him the ball (hint: there is no precedent)
The discussion was about "is he a sell now" in DYNASTY, not in real life football.
Yeah. Its still a ludicrous line of thinking IMHO.

"I have a guy that is 26 that finished WR5 and WR4 in PPR the last 2 seasons, his best friend is his QB. He's never injured, but I believe personally he is a hot head diva, so....I think I should try to sell him"

Aight. You do you buddy.
For accuracy sake the next time he plays in a game he's 27 so that's what he is to me and that's how I look at all players.

As I pointed out in my original reply to the question he is in his prime and maybe next year as well. But if he's not already hit an age reduction in trade value he will next year and then you got a situation where there is a good chance he's on a different team, which could be construed as good or bad depending where he goes.

I would just say I don't agree with your notion it's ludicrous to move early on him which as I said would be closer to moving a year to soon then a year to late. No one is saying he's a must sell here, that would be ludicrous.

The idea of moving a player in dynasty is not because they are no longer any good, it's moving them when the time is right before they decline or start losing value.

And as for not buying what he's selling I sure don't recall his sideline antics in games he was heavily targeted. I do recall his sideline antics in games they were winning though and he was not seeing the ball enough to his liking. So I'm going to just say we can agree to disagree on that, and really none of that matters to me for his fantasy outlook.
27 is too early to start "discounting" any player outside a RB, and even then only if he was drafted young

i've seen a few reports that Fletch is retiring. He played better last year, than the year before, but it will be good to see the young guys have to show up and play consistently.

Cox has always been a strange one for me. Guy has always been dominant and a valuable asset, but never really caught on with the fanbase. Not entirely sure, it wasn't like Reggie White or Jerome Brown or Hugh Douglas taked a ton during their playing days

i've seen a few reports that Fletch is retiring. He played better last year, than the year before, but it will be good to see the young guys have to show up and play consistently.

Cox has always been a strange one for me. Guy has always been dominant and a valuable asset, but never really caught on with the fanbase. Not entirely sure, it wasn't like Reggie White or Jerome Brown or Hugh Douglas taked a ton during their playing days

Football is a job for him. It's not his end all. I remember reading about him not ever watching any football at all on his own. He's a country boy. Likes to hunt and be outside.

The speculation is that the Eagles will eventually give Haason Reddick close to the money he wants in an extension. But is it the smartest option?

At age 30 (before seasons starts), Haason Reddick (rumored) wants around $25 million a season.

UFA Carolina Panthers' defensive end Brian Burns is 26 years old in April.

Brian Burns has played 5 seasons for the Panthers. He has 151 solo tackles, 95 assists, 46.0 sacks, and 2 fumble recoveries. He was selected to play in 2 Pro Bowls. (via StatMuse)

Brian Burns Market Value: 21.7 Avg Salary

There certainly is an argument that the better business is to trade Haason Reddick for draft compensation, sign Brian Burns and save a few million, and Burns is younger.

thank you for the years, Jason. the impact of his retirement will be felt beyond his skills as a football player. the position will be replaced, but how to replace the man and the leadership. there have been some rumors that he wants to stay involved with the team, i dunno if he'd make a good coach but wouldn't hate it if he tried with the Eagles. what better program and ownership to start with.

Won't see another one like him in a long long time. What a privilege to watch this guy play for us and the man and legend he became.
I have to be honest and admit to thinking, what if Jurgens gets a torn ACL 3 games into the season, does Jason try and jump back in? Never want to hope for an injury, and I do want to see Jurgens get a chance with Jason picking him out for the Eagles to draft (similar to this year with Lane Johnson picking out the tackle he thinks would be best to replace him), but man that would be fun

Won't see another one like him in a long long time. What a privilege to watch this guy play for us and the man and legend he became.
I have to be honest and admit to thinking, what if Jurgens gets a torn ACL 3 games into the season, does Jason try and jump back in? Never want to hope for an injury, and I do want to see Jurgens get a chance with Jason picking him out for the Eagles to draft (similar to this year with Lane Johnson picking out the tackle he thinks would be best to replace him), but man that would be fun
Let’s see if he actually files his retirement papers

talk to someone close to Kelce this afternoon at work. One of the biggest reasons he retired was he had 2-3 close calls on head injuries the last 2 yrs. If you guys remember he was out a few plays earlier in the year and that last one shook him. He wanted to beable to enjoy retirement and the last few were just too close for him. He didn’t want to announce a retirement right away and wanted to take time for the season to cool off after his it ended before coming to a decision. However he hinted multiple times to close teammates during the season this is probably his last.

The dude thrives on people saying he can’t so if he doesn’t put the retirement papers in it wouldn’t shock me. Would get his wife pretty mad.

I don’t think he will because there’s another baby on the way too

Just watched the entire press conference.

THE best part of that speech was in the whole speech, he had a hard time keeping it together, with his voice quivering as he recounted memories and such. Taking pauses as he thought of things and stories and people who he played and worked with.

BUT, when he started talking about Philly, and the people, and the mentality, and the soul of Philadelphia, his voice was STRONG. Unwavering....with a steely resolve. It was almost like he was standing up and shouting about Philly with the strength he showed there.

And THAT is when you know - he's one of you Philly fans. He is just as ingrained into Philly as any of you are. Because he laid his heart and soul and abilities for all of you to see for 13 years.

And that's the kind of man Philly fans will root for until your graves.

The Broncos will take on $85 million in total dead cap by releasing Russell Wilson, which will be the largest dead cap hit in NFL history. The previous largest dead cap hit was Matt Ryan’s $40.525M dead cap hit with the Falcons in 2022.

Remember when we freaked out over the $33M Wentz dead cap? Chump change.

And they traded players and picks for him. Anyone could see he was declining. That's an all time level bad move. At least wentz was still playing well when we paid him

Users who are viewing this thread