What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (2 Viewers)

Are people who have Dallas sticking with them this week? I'm leaning toward it, mostly because there aren't great options on the WW. Also, Minnesota obviously has a good offense, but they're not exactly the '07 Pats, and Cousins is probably good for some turnovers (which is where Dallas' value is anyway)

DEN or MIN rest of Season?

BRONCOSVIKINGS
Week 11Las Vegas Raiders (18th)Dallas Cowboys (29th)
Week 12at Carolina Panthers (10th)New England Patriots (11th)
Week 13at Baltimore Ravens (30th)at New York Jets (17th)
Week 14Kansas City Chiefs (32nd)at Detroit (14th)
Week 15Arizona Cardinals (13th)Indianapolis Colts (2nd)
Week 16at Los Angeles Rams (1st)New York Giants (16th)
Week 17at Kansas City Chiefs (32nd)at Green Bay Packers (9th)

(FF points allowed to DTs)

Easy peasy choice, right? Vikings give up a few points but these teams are going in opposite directions. Broncos were very good early but injuries + the downgrade of trading away Chubbs and trading for Martin are big factors IMO.

Are people who have Dallas sticking with them this week? I'm leaning toward it, mostly because there aren't great options on the WW. Also, Minnesota obviously has a good offense, but they're not exactly the '07 Pats, and Cousins is probably good for some turnovers (which is where Dallas' value is anyway)
So far - sticking and holding DAL D and NE D is FA free for the taking. So far sticking with DAL D. Can't imagine NE D will be on the waiver wire for long.

Looking ahead to next week. Any defense that looks good that could be on the wire? Dolphins vs Texans, Colts vs Steelers, and Steelers vs Colts, Chiefs vs Rams all available.

I dropped the Eagles for the Ravens this week, even though consensus ECR at Fantasy Pros has Eagles #1. Two weeks in a row the Eagles got trampled in the run game, and an apparently healthy Jonathan Taylor is headed their way this week followed by Saquon next week and Fields the week after.

I dropped the Eagles for the Ravens this week, even though consensus ECR at Fantasy Pros has Eagles #1. Two weeks in a row the Eagles got trampled in the run game, and an apparently healthy Jonathan Taylor is headed their way this week followed by Saquon next week and Fields the week after.
I get the logic, but I'm sticking with them. As long as they keep winning (and I think they will more often than not) they should have favorable gamescripts.

A lot of the problem Monday was that the offense had too many 3 and outs after being off the field so long. They usually score quickly and go up big. Allowing the D to play pass and ball hawk. Didn't happen Monday. We'll see how it goes this week.

Titans this week vs GB in a Thursday night crapfest? Titans have been pretty good the past several weeks.

Or give the Rams a shot against the crap saints?

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Titans DT Jeffery Simmons (ankle) is expected to play on Thursday against the Packers.​

One of the premiere defensive tackles in the game, Simmons was held out of last week's game against the Broncos with this injury but is set to return against the Packers. Through eight games this season, Simmons has totaled 30 tackles, six TFLs and 5.5 sacks, earning a PFF grade of 89.9. He'll be a welcomed addition to the Titans' defense as they look to stop Aaron Rodgers and company on Thursday night.
SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Nov 17, 2022, 12:17 PM ET

The Tennessee Titans Are Doing It Again

Titans’ defense elite at getting pressure without blitzing

Run Defense Faces a Tough Test

I have a tough one this week, who to start?:
New Orleans vs. LA Rams
or
Washington vs. Houston
I have a similar decision between Washington and NY Jets. If Chase Young was a go I had Wash for sure but it looks like he is going to be out. For my choice I think I'm still going Wash rather than the Jets facing the hoodie after a bye.

I have a tough one this week, who to start?:
New Orleans vs. LA Rams
or
Washington vs. Houston
I have a similar decision between Washington and NY Jets. If Chase Young was a go I had Wash for sure but it looks like he is going to be out. For my choice I think I'm still going Wash rather than the Jets facing the hoodie after a bye.
Going WASH but don't feel great about it.

After a big Philly victory and drinking beer on the plane, this game has big time letdown written all over it.

Stafford in concussion protcol again, thinking about picking up Chiefs defense as they host the Rams next week. Would have to drop Steelers who play Colts.

Commanders activated EDGE Chase Young from injured reserve.​

With Young's 21-day practice window closing, the Commanders had no choice but to activate him at the beginning of this week. Whether or not he plays in Week 12 against the Falcons is the next hurdle to clear, although he was reportedly close to playing in Sunday's win over the Texans. The Commanders have been cautious with Young's rehab since he suffered a torn ACL in Week 10 of last season, but he's undoubtedly nearing a return to a defense that boasts one of the best pass-rushing units in the league.
Nov 21, 2022, 3:36 PM ET

KC v Rams is the play of the week, Stafford with his second concussion in three weeks will likely be out

NYJ v Bears is a good option; 6 sacks yesterday, continuing their excellent play all year. Fields is a dangerous player but he's also lost 4 in a row, and often makes mistakes late

MIA v Texans seem like a pretty good streaming play this week

IND v Steelers is another good defense against a generous offense

It's not often a week has four decent DST options available in over half of leagues, great week to pick one up

DEN at Panthers is tempting on paper but the Broncos haven't been generating pressure since they traded Bradley Chubb, should be avoided IMO

KC v Rams is the play of the week, Stafford with his second concussion in three weeks will likely be out

NYJ v Bears is a good option; 6 sacks yesterday, continuing their excellent play all year. Fields is a dangerous player but he's also lost 4 in a row, and often makes mistakes late

It's not often a week has four decent DST options available in over half of leagues, great week to pick one up

DEN at Panthers is tempting on paper but the Broncos haven't been generating pressure since they traded Bradley Chubb, should be avoided IMO
I was considering Steelers v indy

I was considering Steelers v indy

Minkah should be back. They're def a better defense with TJ back.

ETA: Just realized Fitzpatrick played yesterday (and I watched the game lol.) Well hopefully he'll have more impact in Indy.

Frick.

I own both BUF and DAL defense .. killing me deciding on which one. Highly considering dropping the Bills - might be one of those “Trojan horse” deals. As I’m sure Bills will be picked up, even though a ****ty schedule going forward

don’t laugh at me but the Lions have played pretty decent defensively the last three weeks & scored well for magic football purposes - 6 sacks, 7 turnovers & 5 4th down stops during the win streak

not my favorite DT for this week lol but the December schedule has some nice matchups

WK 13 JAX
WK 14 MIN
WK 15 at NYJ
WK 16 at CAR
WK 17 CHI

Alim McNeill was just named Defensive Player of the Week - Saquon’s longest run was 4 yards - and Kerby Joseph won the award two weeks ago. Aidan Hutchinson is an impactful Edge player (5.5 sacks, 2 INT, FR)

they still give up a ton of yards but they’ve really turned the corner

don’t laugh at me but the Lions have played pretty decent defensively the last three weeks & scored well for magic football purposes - 6 sacks, 7 turnovers & 5 4th down stops during the win streak

not my favorite DT for this week lol but the December schedule has some nice matchups

WK 13 JAX
WK 14 MIN
WK 15 at NYJ
WK 16 at CAR
WK 17 CHI

Alim McNeill was just named Defensive Player of the Week - Saquon’s longest run was 4 yards - and Kerby Joseph won the award two weeks ago. Aidan Hutchinson is an impactful Edge player (5.5 sacks, 2 INT, FR)

Thanksgiving and how they play Buffalo will tell us a lot. I think Detroit is going to keep this game closer than what Vegas is posting right now.

Maybe wishful thinking so I have something to watch and enjoy as.I chomp down on my 1:30pm Turkey Drumstick during the Lions game, in honor of John Madden of course.
Then we'll have dinner at 5:00 of the Dallas game, coffee and dessert and more coffee liquor and dessert while the Patriots and Vikings clash.

WK 13 JAX
WK 14 MIN
WK 15 at NYJ
WK 16 at CAR
WK 17 CHI

Thanksgiving and how they play Buffalo will tell us a lot. I think Detroit is going to keep this game closer than what Vegas is posting right now.

Maybe wishful thinking so I have something to watch and enjoy as.I chomp down on my 1:30pm Turkey Drumstick during the Lions game, in honor of John Madden of course.
Then we'll have dinner at 5:00 of the Dallas game, coffee and dessert and more coffee liquor and dessert while the Patriots and Vikings clash.

pretty big talent gap between the two rosters

however - Allen not playing great rn (inexplicably), lots of injuries on the Bills defense, going through a lot of disruption with the storm/relocating

I would def take the points

dropped DEN for MIA this week

nice matchup at home v HOU

(DEN good matchup but man they are not getting pressure since Chubb was traded)

still it’s very hard to bench NE

hate the short week but they’re on fire rn

if there was anything on the wire I’d drop the Fins & roll w/ them ROS

MIN has a nice schedule & pair nicely w/ NE but can’t trust them

dropped DEN for MIA this week

nice matchup at home v HOU

(DEN good matchup but man they are not getting pressure since Chubb was traded)

still it’s very hard to bench NE

hate the short week but they’re on fire rn

if there was anything on the wire I’d drop the Fins & roll w/ them ROS

MIN has a nice schedule & pair nicely w/ NE but can’t trust them

I'm holding WAS D vs ATL (minus Pitts, and facing the Wash D front with C. Young back), but shooting for KC vs LAR tonight and then MIA second.

KC getting up big on LAR with Perkins potentially at QB is mouth watering. MIA D is not that great and HOU decides to surprise now and then, but in Miami, I'd like my chances.

Agree on MN. Had originally been thinking about them, but I could see NE's offense being mildly successful here and Bill B. screwing up Cousins enough to get more possessions.

Almost out of FAAB bucks and need to find 1 DST to hold for the playoffs (1 game lead in division).

Thinking about blowing my wad on KC at 25-50% bid. Denver twice. But that Seattle game week 16 in 1st game of playoffs is telling me to slow down and think this through a little more.

Miami seems the 2nd best option with GB and NE in 16/17. Holding Falcons for now which did well for me last week with another STTD.

Anyone else feel DST seems to be a crapshoot regardless of matchup? Kind of like kickers. Murphy's Law, whatever DST or K I choose is always wrong.

Any opinions much appreciated (sure hope this isn't too much of Assistant Coach forum type of question).

Almost out of FAAB bucks and need to find 1 DST to hold for the playoffs (1 game lead in division).

Thinking about blowing my wad on KC at 25-50% bid. Denver twice. But that Seattle game week 16 in 1st game of playoffs is telling me to slow down and think this through a little more.

Miami seems the 2nd best option with GB and NE in 16/17. Holding Falcons for now which did well for me last week with another STTD.

Anyone else feel DST seems to be a crapshoot regardless of matchup? Kind of like kickers. Murphy's Law, whatever DST or K I choose is always wrong.

Any opinions much appreciated (sure hope this isn't too much of Assistant Coach forum type of question).

feel like this week we have 4-5 good options - all lightly held DTs

NFL changes too fast, defenses all disappoint sooner or later. So far this year I’ve used NE - 4, SF - 3, BAL & DEN -2 each. Have used Pats last 5 weeks except their bye but earlier the 49ers were the #1 FF defense - I traded them bc of a rash of injuries. They’re healthy again now but it was 100% the right move.

It’s so much easier to be a little lazy and just pick 1 K 1 DST & never change. But I’m evaluating matchups and upcoming schedule constantly for both. I have more success with defenses, generous offenses continue to make turnovers. Kickers, I got no clue.

Homestretch, my starters are solid with good back-up plans in case of injury. I'm rolling with 3 D's to finish out - Buff, Tampa, Steelers. Have some no brainers and a couple coin tosses. Don't want to feel uncomfortable with any week left. Carolina twice in final 3 weeks appealing.

Buff:
@DET
@NE
Jets

MIA
@CHI
@CIN

Tampa:
@CLE
NO
@SF
CIN
@ARZ
CAR

Steelers:
@Indy
@ATL

BAL
@CAR
LV

@bal

I too am targeting KC in the league I have been streaming most of the year for this week and considering them for ROS, although I don't like @Cin next week. @Den, @Hou, Sea, Den in weeks 14-17 looks nice at the moment though.

In a league where I have Dallas, I was waffling last week as I didn't think @Min was a good matchup (well, it shouldn't have been), but I was rewarded for being lucky and sticking with them. If they can score that well in that game, I don't think I'll bench them again this year.

yardage/points allowed CBS scoring plan is to roll with Miami and the Jets ROS (pay per transaction)

Jets have been great, Miami has the playoff schedule

I'm rolling with the Jets...Chicago is sack-land and they seem to always cough up a int. I'll let the other bid for the Chiefs.

Users who are viewing this thread