What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3 Bold Predictions for Week 2 of the NFL Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Everyone loves a good bold prediction. Some of us did pretty well in the 2022 topic (B- here) and some did not. Hey, it happens.

But here’s a chance to start fresh, with 3 bold predictions for the NFL playoffs week 2!

Plant your flags! Make them bold!

(I’ll go first)

🚩 TLaw throws 400 yards with 3 PaTd at the Chiefs.

🚩 Niners beat Cowboys by 17. The 4th quarter isn’t competitive. (I doubt this one happens, but hey - bold!)

🚩CIN/BUF combine for 55+ points.

Go!
:pickle:

Last edited:
After a week of games that mostly came down to the last 2 minutes, this week is relatively uncompetitive, with all but 1 game (Cin/Buf) decided by 14+ points.

Kadarius Toney has been kept under wraps until the playoffs but blows up with 125+ yards and 2 TDs.

Despite being a top defense all season, Dallas has zero answers for the SF offense, as CMC and co. put up 40+ points.

Bills Bengals is an absolute **** show. 17-13 bills
I don’t think it will be. That matchup they were having that got cancelled looked like it was going to be a barnburner. BUF D is missing some key players and Burrow is going to feast. Allen will keep them in a shoot out.

I see the makings of a quasi-replay of the KC/BUF game last year, with Cincy hanging on to win off some crucial turnovers.

Bengals vs Bills game is over by half time - Bengals win big
Eagles vs Giants is over by half time - Eagles win big
Dallas beats 49ers by 14

O.K. The Man said bold,I made predictions in the individual game threads,here's my BOLD:

1. Joe Mixon and Hayden Hurst combine for 5 touchdowns as Josh Allen commits 5 turnovers and The Bengals drop 45 on The Bills

2. Trevor Lawrence engineers a 98 yard game winning drive and throws his fifth touchdown pass of the day to Marvin Jones(who catches his second) and The Jags stun The Chiefs 42-38

3. Daniel Jones is sacked 5 times but leads a late fourth quarter drive that results in Graham Gano kicking his sixth field goal of the game as The Giants surprise the football world and beat The Eagles.

So the popular scenario is Bengals over Bills.....I dunno, I think Allen comes out and takes over the game. Just a gut feeling.

Trevor Lawrence, for the first time in his life, wakes up on a Sunday morning as a loser, at least of the game the previous day.

Daniel Jones will become the 6th QB in the history of the league to run for 100 yards in a playoff game. It won't be enough to carry them to victory.

Bills will go up by double digit points on Bengals during the first half while they beat up Burrow behind his injury depleted OL. The Bengals will not lose their composure, make adjustments, force Allen into some turnovers and pull out the comeback victory.

In the SF vs Dallas game and owner whose family has consdierable ties to Little Rock Catholic HS will win. Ok, that's neither bold or a prediction as John York, Stephen and Jerry Jr all all alumni. I really don't have anything bold. I will go with SF winning on strength of I like Kyle>Quinn and Demeco>Kellen Moore in terms of strategy and making adjusments especially when the SF group has had 2 extra days to prepare.

Last edited:
Bills, Chiefs, 49ers and Eagles all win by double digits
Since you have the Top 4 seeds advancing, I was curious as to how often that happens. In the 20 seasons since the league expanded to 32 teams, here's the breakdown of how many of the Top 2 seeds from each conference made it to the conference championship:

4 teams: 4 times
3 teams: 8 times
2 teams: 6 times
1 team: 2 times
0 teams: 0 times

So the popular scenario is Bengals over Bills.....I dunno, I think Allen comes out and takes over the game. Just a gut feeling.

I hope that's not a bold prediction. In his career Allen has 17 playoff passing TDs versus 3 INTs. And, all three of those INTs were really not his fault. (2 drops, 1 wrong route.)

A bold prediction would probably be that he throws for less than 325 yards, fewer than 4 TDs, and runs for less than 50.

Last edited:
Jaguars/Chiefs goes to double overtime.

Giants are shut out.

49ers win by 23. (Strategic pick, because if the 49ers only barely win, but McCaffrey is a huge reason why they win, I can still say they "won by 23")

Freebie:
Bengals-Bills game is completed.

I hope that's not a bold prediction. In his career Allen has 17 playoff TDs versus 3 INTs. And, all three of those INTs were really not his fault. (2 drops, 1 wrong route.)

A bold prediction would probably be that he throws for less than 325 yards, fewer than 4 TDs, and runs for less than 50.
Yeah. People are hating too much on Allen for the turnovers. I expect a very good game by both offenses.

Trevor Lawrence, for the first time in his life, wakes up on a Sunday morning as a loser, at least of the game the previous day.

Daniel Jones will become the 6th QB in the history of the league to run for 100 yards in a playoff game. It won't be enough to carry them to victory.

Bills will go up by double digit points on Bengals during the first half while they beat up Burrow behind his injury depleted OL. The Bengals will not lose their composure, make adjustments, force Allen into some turnovers and pull out the comeback victory.

In the SF vs Dallas game and owner whose family has consdierable ties to Little Rock Catholic HS will win. Ok, that's neither bold or a prediction as John York, Stephen and Jerry Jr all all alumni. I really don't have anything bold. I will go with SF winning on strength of I like Kyle>Quinn and Demeco>Kellen Moore in terms of strategy and making adjusments especially when the SF group has had 2 extra days to prepare.
Very good. I'll give a bold for The Niners/Cowboys. The network cameras won't show Jerry Jones once,not at all,nothing,like he isn't even at the game.

👍🏽 still crazy that the man has never lost on Saturday.
He even risked it by getting married on a Saturday. (Going on two years)

Diggs picks off Purdy twice.

Burrow and Allen combine for 2 TDs and 4 INTs, as Mixon and Singletary/Cook account for the bulk of the scoring.

Hurts throws for 4TDs and runs for another as the Eagles win by 20+

The network cameras won't show Jerry Jones once,not at all,nothing,like he isn't even at the game.
Madness. They *always* show jurrah. To the point that I’m convinced it’s contractual.
Yea,I guess my boldness crossed the line into madness. Thinking back on my life though,it isn't the first time :pickle:
Besides, you’d be just as sad as the rest of us if they’re down 37-17 in the 4th and they didn’t show sad Jurrah.

Saquon and D Jones combine for over 200 yds rushing and 3 rushing TDs for NYG and NYG lose to a last second FG to PHI 31-28 in a great game.

SF rolls over DAL by over 20, Dak throws 3 picks. Maher only misses one XP.

KC wins in a shootout 42-35, with Mahomes and Lawrence combining for 750 yds passing and 8 TDs.

Bengals/Bills in a lower scoring affair, with BUF winning 21-17. Bills sack Burrow 10 times.

CIN wins. Buffalo is emotionally depleted from all the crap that has gone on this season.

KC wins. Jacksonville gets blown out.

PHI wins. Giants have no answers on offense or defense. Possible blowout again.

DAL wins. Purdy faces his toughest test on defense and fails.

With all the Dallas wins predictions, is it even bold?

Erryone one seems convinced that’s what’s gonna happen.
:shrug:

I'm trying to talk myself into it because of financial reasons, but the reality is Dallas is really in a tough position in this game.

On the road for 4th time in a row. Short week. SF extra day of rest.

With all the Dallas wins predictions, is it even bold?

Erryone one seems convinced that’s what’s gonna happen.
:shrug:
I think San Fran rolls. But I do see a lot of Dallas picks. I guess either one could be considered bold. Neither one is really  BOLD. But to me, picking Dallas is bolder.
I figure unless you’re giving a spread, it ain’t that bold. ;)

Expect KC fans to be as loud as ever after Lawrence's remarks, they blew up Twitter after that came out.

So many talking heads are on the Giants upset I feel it's inevitable us NJ/NY'ers will be disappointed.
Yeah, I mean I look back at the 2 games they lost to the Eagles and it reminds me a little of Seattle at SF.

It’s hard to beat a team 3 times, but it’s also pretty clear that the Eagles are a tough out for the Giants. They were demolished in their 1st meeting.

The only thing that levels the playing field a little is Hurts shoulder. If his shoulder is right, it’s gonna be a long day for the Giants.

Saquon and D Jones combine for over 200 yds rushing and 3 rushing TDs for NYG and NYG lose to a last second FG to PHI 31-28 in a great game.

SF rolls over DAL by over 20, Dak throws 3 picks. Maher only misses one XP.

KC wins in a shootout 42-35, with Mahomes and Lawrence combining for 750 yds passing and 8 TDs.

Bengals/Bills in a lower scoring affair, with BUF winning 21-17. Bills sack Burrow 10 times.
I like this

Users who are viewing this thread