What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4 Questions from the NFC West (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
Loved MOP's concept - but I thought it was a bit too broad (no disrespect).

4 Questions from the NFC West

Arizona Cardinals - Wells appears to be the RB to have - what kind of production should we expect?

St Louis Rams - Who's the WR to own? Or is the answer Kendricks the TE?

San Francisco 49ers - Is there a player worth starting weekly in fantasy? How good do you feel about Gore?

Seattle Seahawks - Similar to above - is there any player with fantasy value on this team? Is Rice a top 20 WR?

Alright, so it's more than 4 questions but you get the point. I will wait and see what kind of responses this gets before I do the same for other divisions. Or you can start a thread for other divisions with your own questions.

San Francisco 49ers - Is there a player worth starting weekly in fantasy? How good do you feel about Gore?
Vernon and Gore should be weekly starters in any standard format. In larger leagues I think Braylon will regularly make the starting lineup. No idea with Crabtree. I'll ignore IDP leagues as there are some goodies to be had from that side of the ball.

Loved MOP's concept - but I thought it was a bit too broad (no disrespect).4 Questions from the NFC WestArizona Cardinals - Wells appears to be the RB to have - what kind of production should we expect?St Louis Rams - Who's the WR to own? Or is the answer Kendricks the TE?San Francisco 49ers - Is there a player worth starting weekly in fantasy? How good do you feel about Gore?Seattle Seahawks - Similar to above - is there any player with fantasy value on this team? Is Rice a top 20 WR?Alright, so it's more than 4 questions but you get the point. I will wait and see what kind of responses this gets before I do the same for other divisions. Or you can start a thread for other divisions with your own questions.
Rams WR - Amendola is the guy to own in PPR formats should catch 85 balls this season but Brandon Gibson appears to be making some noise and may be a nice last round flier type guy or early season pickup (not after week1 though since they play the eagles) Kendricks also appears to be a nice sleeper/waiver wire TE. There is talk that he reminds people of Dallas Clark.Agree other than Gore and Davis, leave the rest of these guys alone and the Seahawks offense is going to be a mess I would think . Most productive player would probably be Lynch because of volume I would guess. I would avoid pretty much this entire team.

Loved MOP's concept - but I thought it was a bit too broad (no disrespect).

4 Questions from the NFC West

Arizona Cardinals - Wells appears to be the RB to have - what kind of production should we expect?

Primary ball carrier with over 200 carries.If he stays healthy all year I see 900 rush/200 rec. 7-8 tds. 'Zona is gonna throw the ball more than people may think.

St Louis Rams - Who's the WR to own? Or is the answer Kendricks the TE?

MSW was acquired to be the guy but I don't think it happens that way. Bradford has some talented WR's to work with before MSW. Amendola is a catching machine, but I like Brandon Gibson to lead the team in yardage & td's. TE Kendricks will do ok for a rookie but a guy to watch if he gets playing time is Austin Pettis.

Gore & Davis are weekly plays. Aatch Kendall Hunter. As he spells Gore he starts to produce and Harbaugh finds ways to keep getting him on the field. He's gonna end up with decent production on a team with a stud RB. He WILL be Gore's successor and be the Westbrook of the West Coast.

Seattle Seahawks - Similar to above - is there any player with fantasy value on this team? Is Rice a top 20 WR?

Rice had his big year when Favre had his in Minny(33td's). Rice ain't gonna do that in Seattle especially with the likes of Tarvaris Jackson, Charlie Whitehurst or some guy off the street. Rice's production is gonna fall way short of where he gets drafted and he's gonna disappoint a lot of people. Seattle finishes last in the division and could be a viable candidate for the Luck Sweepstakes. Just my opinion.

Seattle homer here. The answer is likely "No", although there is room for optimism later in the season. People keep pointing to the QB space as the main problem with the team, however watching the games shows that the O-line isn't giving Tarvaris Jackson any time--he's scrambling before he completes his drop-back. To make matters worse though, Jackson's first inclination is to take another step back and try to scramble instead of step up in the pocket. This sets up a back foot throw and he's been inconsistent in accuracy because of it.Part of the reason for the O-line woes is because Russell Okung is out. This means that during pass plays the TE help needs to shift to the left side where Tyler Polumbus is at instead of helping the two rookies (RT Carpenter, RG Moffitt) on the right side. When Okung comes back (and if he stays healthy) they'll be able to shift that TE back to the right side and chip before running the route.As far as the O-line goes for run blocking, this is where the optimism lies. Moffitt appears to be quite a mauler in the run and on short yardage (one of Seattle's biggest pain points last year) he's often 4 yards deep and the run goes right behind him. They'll convert those more often than not now, which will keep drives alive. I think Marshawn Lynch is probably worth a pick for your RB3 with RB2 upside (and dropable downside). I think Justin Forsett is a man without a job right now as Leon Washington looks like he's going to take 3rd downs. I wouldn't take any Seahawk for WR, although Sidney Rice might be a good stash as long as you don't have to count on him until the 2nd half of the year, meaning he's a WR4/5 and you got him late in your draft. I'm inclined to think that the Seahawks will look to get Zach Miller the ball often. He's been running 5 yard out routes with effectiveness and since the passing game is going to be limited down the field this year I think there will be good value in PPR leagues.Defensively, this is going to be a very up and down team. They should be able to stop the run, but the Seahawks didn't seem to do much in FA to find secondary help so teams will probably be able to pass on them pretty easily. People tend to forget that Seattle was #2 in the league against the run with Red Bryant as their "Leo". They went from 77 yards rushing per game to 141 per game with him out. I don't believe our pass rush will be much better than last year so the hope is that 2nd year player Earl Thomas takes a leap forward to help the pass game. That said, our starting CBs are terrible and we're still going to lose more games than win them. This might mean we're actually trying to throw the ball late in games, which will not be our strength.In all, I think Pete Carroll is going to try to control the clock with his run game, and stopping the opposing run game. If that fails, there won't be anyone worth owning from the Seahawks as their defense will be on the field the whole game.

Users who are viewing this thread