What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

6th annual FBG Chess tournament- Kutta 1st place winner! (2 Viewers)

What rules do you play by?  
I would consider joining your gala event.

Not sure that I understand the tourney structure though. Takes a week to finish a game?

How do you prevent someone from running a program between moves?

I prefer a 10 min timer myself. I'd rather not play an unbeatable computer program.

2 minute might be a bit quick, but 5 would be interesting. The good thing is we wouldn’t have to wait for days and days for some folks to finish.
You can also play 2x so each player gets white.  Used to play a lot of 1/0 and 1/1, get restless playing 2/0.

I don't have interest in a speed chess tournament but would certainly participate in Tim's traditional slow tournament format.

8 in so far. We need about 20 to make this a thing. 
so let me get this straight.  agreed upon time to play chess against an opponent at a chess site on the internet.  I'm a tech idiot but if you lay it out I will be there when the bell rings.

In.

so let me get this straight.  agreed upon time to play chess against an opponent at a chess site on the internet.  I'm a tech idiot but if you lay it out I will be there when the bell rings.

In.
Chess Time is an app so you can play on your phone.  You get notifications when your opponent moves. A match often takes a few days to complete.

In.
We don’t regulate the time, just ask that you and your opponent finish within a reasonable period to keep the tournament fresh. Usually 2-3 days at most. 

We don’t regulate the time, just ask that you and your opponent finish within a reasonable period to keep the tournament fresh. Usually 2-3 days at most. 
no problem at all.  so is the start time determined by the two players via PM?

If so, In

I don’t remember the details but it seems like you got angry with me when we did this previously and you quit early in the tournament. Are you OK now with the rules as stated? Because I wouldn’t want you to quit again if you’re going to do this. 

I don’t remember the details but it seems like you got angry with me when we did this previously and you quit early in the tournament. Are you OK now with the rules as stated? Because I wouldn’t want you to quit again if you’re going to do this. 
Lol I never quit. I didn’t do it a second time based on how much time I had at the time.  It might also had something to do with you being a d-bag like you are now making stupid accusations so I’m out.  

shuke said:
Lol I never quit. I didn’t do it a second time based on how much time I had at the time.  It might also had something to do with you being a d-bag like you are now making stupid accusations so I’m out.  
Yeah this is about what I remembered. For the record, when you commit to this, you commit to 6 rounds. So when you “didn’t do it a second time” that’s quitting. But thanks anyhow. 

Yeah this is about what I remembered. For the record, when you commit to this, you commit to 6 rounds. So when you “didn’t do it a second time” that’s quitting. But thanks anyhow. 
Well your memory sucks then. I played the entire first tournament, all 6 rounds.  I considered signing up for the second but didn’t because I didn’t think there was enough flexibility on time limits. Not signing up <> “quitting”. 

Maybe you need to look inward and ask yourself why you’re not getting enough interest in the anymore.  Not everything has to be so serious.  

I’m not sure what you do for a living that allows you to be on the internet all day long, but that’s not a possibility for some of us.  

Best of luck. 

Well your memory sucks then. I played the entire first tournament, all 6 rounds.  I considered signing up for the second but didn’t because I didn’t think there was enough flexibility on time limits. Not signing up <> “quitting”. 

Maybe you need to look inward and ask yourself why you’re not getting enough interest in the anymore.  Not everything has to be so serious.  

I’m not sure what you do for a living that allows you to be on the internet all day long, but that’s not a possibility for some of us.  

Best of luck. 
I’m in commercial real estate. And sometimes my memory does suck- I may very well have confused you with somebody else. If so I apologize.

The chess tourney is meant to be fun- there’s no money, no prizes. Because I run it I’m forced to act serious at times to keep things moving. But I don’t want to create any bad feelings. 

If you’d like to join up you’re very welcome to, and again my apologies. 

I’m in commercial real estate. And sometimes my memory does suck- I may very well have confused you with somebody else. If so I apologize.

The chess tourney is meant to be fun- there’s no money, no prizes. Because I run it I’m forced to act serious at times to keep things moving. But I don’t want to create any bad feelings. 

You mixed him up with someone else, I believe.  It happens and I know you have to make sure things run smoothly in a largely thankless job, but shuke has a pretty good point about not marketing well when you jump at people who say they're interested, especIally good people with cred.  Just my two cents 

You mixed him up with someone else, I believe.  It happens and I know you have to make sure things run smoothly in a largely thankless job, but shuke has a pretty good point about not marketing well when you jump at people who say they're interested, especIally good people with cred.  Just my two cents 
You’re right. I apologized, hopefully he accepts it. 

I appreciate the apology, thanks.  

A piece of advice, stop posting immediately on your assumptions.  It's okay to ask someone for clarification.

Also, I would bet that almost everybody in here would not "force" you to take this seriously.  I really don't think anyone would care about waiting 3-4 days between matches if that meant getting more people involved.  But that's just my opinion.  

So here is who's in:

timschochet

Juxtatarot

need2know

AAABatteries

Hastur

Nick Vermeil

kutta

scoobus

irishidiot

Aerial Assault

nysfl2

Pyschopav

Zow

ragincajun

Joffer interested, shuke was in, I screwed up, don't know if he's back in.

That makes 14-16. It's enough, though I'd love 20. Shall we go with it? Or wait to see who else joins up?

Users who are viewing this thread