What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

78 year old child molester castrated as part of a plea-deal (1 Viewer)

scottybo

Footballguy
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20039475-504083.html

PORT ALLEN, La. - Going under the knife to get on with his life.

Convicted pedophile Francis Tullier, 78, cut his prison sentence in half - and that's not all - as he underwent voluntary castration as part of a plea deal to free him after 12 years behind bars.

The West Baton Rouge, Louisiana native pleaded guilty in 1999 to three counts of molestation involving young girls.

Tullier admitted abusing three girls, ages 6 to 12, during the 1970s and 80s. As part of the plea deal, he agreed to have his #### surgically removed. The operation took ten minutes and was done at Tullier's expense.

Tullier's lawyer, Nathan Fisher, told the Daily Mail, "They had enough [evidence] to send him up for two or three life sentences. He had no chance of getting out of prison unless we did something unusual."

Though convicted in 1999, the operation was delayed for years as the elderly Tullier dealt with a series of other medical issues. In October he expressed reluctance to go through with physical castration. According to court transcripts, the judge replied, "It's time to give Caesar what Caesar is owed."

The Advocate newspaper in Baton Rouge reported Tullier is due for release next week.

If he hadn't gone under the knife, Tullier would have been in prison until 2024. He will have to register as a sex offender and plans to stay in Louisiana.

Major Richie Johnson of the West Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office was happy with the outcome. "I'm not aware of any other cases of physical castrations in the state," he said, "but I wish we'd use it more often."

why is adding an S to testicle a censored word

testicle

####

testes

testiclees

testiclae

nuts

gems

balls

gonads

speedbag

bollocks

only that word...

so very strange

You hurt a kid, you never leave prison. Words to live by. I don't care if you slice off your junk.

Other ways for these guys to terrorize young kids that castration won't address. It's a bizarre, medieval approach, IMO.

Other ways for these guys to terrorize young kids that castration won't address. It's a bizarre, medieval approach, IMO.
It is extremely effective. Physical castration used to be a regular punishment until the anti-eugenics movement. I think the recidivism rate was documented around 2%. The recidivism rate for chemical castration is like 5%.

Nothin says welcome to the neighborhood like being known as the guy who just had his junk chopped off. I'm sure the added stares of not only being a child toucher but a dickless child toucher should help him get re adjusted to society in no time. People who do that to kids that young have something wrong inside their heads, not their pants.

It is extremely effective. Physical castration used to be a regular punishment until the anti-eugenics movement. I think the recidivism rate was documented around 2%. The recidivism rate for chemical castration is like 5%.
Ummm.... I'm actually a little scared to ask for links or why you know percentages off the top of your head. I'm calling bs, but I'm intrigued.I tend to agree with Fennis.

Ummm.... I'm actually a little scared to ask for links or why you know percentages off the top of your head. I'm calling bs, but I'm intrigued.I tend to agree with Fennis.
I had a criminal law professor in law school that was fascinated by this stuff. Here are a bunch of links to studies on chemical castration and recidivism. links.

The information on physical castration is a little harder to find, but it's around.

I don't know the stats, but it makes sense that it would be effective. Testosterone, which promotes libido, is produced by the 'nads. So chopping off the 'nads should make men way less horny. For men who are pedophiles, that is a good thing.I'd be pretty queasy about giving the state the power to order involuntary castration. But voluntary castration as part of a plea deal seems like a pretty good outcome all around.

Ok. Paper on surgical castration based on 6 different studies in 4 countries published in the Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law.

link

Page 28, Table 2 summarizes the results, including a California study of 60 subjects in the late 30s that showed 0 recidivism.

I'd be pretty queasy about giving the state the power to order involuntary castration.
Queasy from a legal standpoint or for the criminal involved?Thanks for the re-link -fish-, interesting results.

I'd be pretty queasy about giving the state the power to order involuntary castration.
Queasy from a legal standpoint or for the criminal involved?
For the defendant, who may or may not be a criminal. I think castrating an innocent person may be crueler than incarcerating him. Knowing that people in positions of authority will occasionally abuse their power, I'm leery of giving sheriffs, prosecutors, or judges the power to castrate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queasy from a legal standpoint or for the criminal involved?
For the defendant, who may or may not be a criminal. I think castrating an innocent person may be crueler than incarcerating him. Knowing that people in positions of authority will occasionally abuse their power, I'm leery of giving sheriffs, prosecutors, or judges the power to castrate.
Different opinion about chemical castration, which is reversible?

Users who are viewing this thread