What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A Brooks QB (1 Viewer)

Sopranos

Footballguy
Starting for ANY NFL team? Does he have any dynasty value? I know most dont like him but he is ok fantasy wise. what do you think?

True, fantasy-wise he was not too bad. But as an NFL QB he sucks, I don't think he will ever be an undisputed starter ever again because employers will care about his NFL skills not his fantasy stats. He may start part of a season for a team, but not a 16-game starter. Therefore, I think his value is extremely low.

Up until this year Brooks always had production on his side to cover up his shortcomings. I'm not sure that anyone will hand over a starting gig to him outright, but he'll be just 30 (QB prime) when next year opens and he still has time to prove himself.

If the Cards don't draft a QB, anyone think he could land there backing up Warner?
If Denny Green is there, then yes he will without a doubt get a shot in AZ. I have followed Denny Green in MN and now here in AZ, and there is one thing you can count on; He will have an African American QB somewhere on his team. This is not a negative statement towards Denny, it is just a fact. Combine that fact with Brooks being a veteran and Denny's system will revitilize any veteran's career,just ask him he'll be the first to tell you.

I've never been an Aaron Brooks fan, but I actually think he's played okay this year in a tough situation. McAllister out, Horn injured, no stadium . . . and he's played better than his stats would indicate.In previous years, he'd been a much better fantasy QB than NFL QB. This year, I'd say he's been a moderately better NFL QB than fantasy QB.

Someone will take a chance on him, and he'll find his way back into a starting lineup at some point. Just not on my team..

I fully expect him to start for the Raiders in 06. Knowing the offense Al Davis makes sure the team runs, he seems like a good fit. Davis historically tries to make good on a QB who shows skills but fails elsewhere.

I fully expect him to start for the Raiders in 06. Knowing the offense Al Davis makes sure the team runs, he seems like a good fit. Davis historically tries to make good on a QB who shows skills but fails elsewhere.
Have your heard if Oak has interest?

Let's be honest here. Aaron Brooks isn't a very good QB. He's clearly not in the top 50% in the league.That said, he's CLEARLY better than a lot of other QBs starting in the national football league. He would be an upgrade for a lot of teams, and remember that 50% of all NFL quarterbacks aren't going to be in the top 50% of the league.

Let's be honest here. Aaron Brooks isn't a very good QB. He's clearly not in the top 50% in the league.

That said, he's CLEARLY better than a lot of other QBs starting in the national football league. He would be an upgrade for a lot of teams, and remember that 50% of all NFL quarterbacks aren't going to be in the top 50% of the league.
QB's better than Brooks (no order):Brady

Manning

Palmer

Hasselbeck

Delhomme

Bledsoe

Green

Roethlisberger

Vick (because of his running)

Brees

Plummer

Culpepper

Favre

McNair

Leftwich

Brad Johnson

Borderline:

Eli Manning

Brunell

Collins

Carr

Harrington

Simms

Boller

Dilfer

About half the league is either training their hopeful franchise QB or still looking for one. Brooks, even with all his deficiencies, is still good enough to start for at least 10 teams without them taking a hit one way or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how well Brooks would be if he wasn't in obvious passing downs almost every play. With all the pre snap penalties, I think it was 1st and 20 as much as it was 1st and ten. Throw in the fact that he has played with the worst defense in the league over the last few years, I really don't see him going anywhere but up, both as a fantasy and real life QB.

Let's be honest here. Aaron Brooks isn't a very good QB. He's clearly not in the top 50% in the league.

That said, he's CLEARLY better than a lot of other QBs starting in the national football league. He would be an upgrade for a lot of teams, and remember that 50% of all NFL quarterbacks aren't going to be in the top 50% of the league.
QB's better than Brooks (no order):Brady

Manning

Palmer

Hasselbeck

Delhomme

Bledsoe

Green

Roethlisberger

Vick (because of his running)

Brees

Plummer

Culpepper

Favre

McNair

Leftwich

Brad Johnson

Borderline:

Eli Manning

Brunell

Collins

Carr

Harrington

Simms

Boller

Dilfer

About half the league is either training their hopeful franchise QB or still looking for one. Brooks, even with all his deficiencies, is still good enough to start for at least 10 games without them taking a hit one way or the other.
Leftwich= not better

Guys you're forgetting one thing here........he's leaving the Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means he'll go somewhere and lead that team to the playoffs i.e. Bobby Hebert, Jake Delhomme, and Marc Bulger.

I've never been an Aaron Brooks fan, but I actually think he's played okay this year in a tough situation. McAllister out, Horn injured, no stadium . . . and he's played better than his stats would indicate.

In previous years, he'd been a much better fantasy QB than NFL QB. This year, I'd say he's been a moderately better NFL QB than fantasy QB.
xMaurile is usually spot on, but I'm a Saints homer, and watched every minute of every game this season..this is not accurate. Brooks regressed considerably this year. He consistently failed to check down to receivers, forced all kinds of passes, and NEVER stepped up into the pocket (instead rolling left or right, usually into the arms of a waiting defensive end).

Guys you're forgetting one thing here........he's leaving the Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means he'll go somewhere and lead that team to the playoffs i.e. Bobby Hebert, Jake Delhomme, and Marc Bulger.
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread