What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A. Rodgers owners....what are you doing? (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
I'm sure most of you know the situation. If, and it's not a huge if, Seattle beats the Niners on Saturday, Green Bay won't have much to play for on Sunday and could possibly rest their studs (Rodgers and company). So what are you doing? Are you starting Rodgers with confidence in him and that the Niners will beat the Seahawks?

:popcorn:

The plan is very simple. If he starts at all, even if they say he plays a half, I am starting - with confidence. My backups and options on the waiver wire won't be able to outscore what he can do in a half. If they announce he rests, I'll roll with other options. A. Rodgers owners, don't overthink this!

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Flynn as a hedge. I wish they were playing on Thursday or Saturday as that would clarify the situation earlier.

Rodgers owners have to be very careful this week. If the 9ers lose - a real possiblity in Seattle - then the Packers may not play Rodgers for a full game because home field will be locked up. The problem with the scenario is that by the time we (Rodgers owners) learn whether the 9ers win or lose, it will be too late to start another QB other than those that play for Chicago, Atlant or New Orleans.

It's a big, big risk during Fantasy SB week. Personally, I'm playing Stafford instead.

I have Cam, and I think I am going to play him. Would this even be a question for anyone else, or would you play Cam automatically?

I am just terrified of the possibility that he doesn't play a full game. Cam, on the other hand has a great matchup. Then again, who knows with GB, and who knows what they will do. Ugh.

I am just terrified of the possibility that he doesn't play a full game. Cam, on the other hand has a great matchup. Then again, who knows with GB, and who knows what they will do. Ugh.
Rodgers may very well play a full game and be the cheesus he has been. That said, if I had Cam I would be starting Cam.I do not, and the likes of Moore, etc have me thinking lets not get cute and just dance with the whore who got me here. In my league if the 9ers lose I am able to pick up Flyn and use him in a pinch before kick off, so im keeping that in my back pocket. However, as a previous poster said, if Rodgers is starting, im playing Rodgers. If I am going to lose, Id rather lose with him, then lose with me trying to guess what NFL staff are thinking and out smarting myself.

Rodgers may very well play a full game and be the cheesus he has been. That said, if I had Cam I would be starting Cam.I do not, and the likes of Moore, etc have me thinking lets not get cute and just dance with the whore who got me here. In my league if the 9ers lose I am able to pick up Flyn and use him in a pinch before kick off, so im keeping that in my back pocket. However, as a previous poster said, if Rodgers is starting, im playing Rodgers. If I am going to lose, Id rather lose with him, then lose with me trying to guess what NFL staff are thinking and out smarting myself.
You'd start Cam with confidence over Rodgers?

The plan is very simple. If he starts at all, even if they say he plays a half, I am starting - with confidence. My backups and options on the waiver wire won't be able to outscore what he can do in a half. If they announce he rests, I'll roll with other options. A. Rodgers owners, don't overthink this!
Mike Patterson of CBS reporting that the 'word on the street' is that the packers will rest the starters for the second half if they are a'up big' which is fairly likely imho with a injury ravaged bear team with next to no offense.I guess you take the solace that if this scenario happens arog should at least have 150-200 and 2-3 tds, but food for thought.

Mike Patterson of CBS reporting that the 'word on the street' is that the packers will rest the starters for the second half if they are a'up big' which is fairly likely imho with a injury ravaged bear team with next to no offense.I guess you take the solace that if this scenario happens arog should at least have 150-200 and 2-3 tds, but food for thought.
Hmmm. Good info, thanks. Cam it is!

....not to mention his skills running the ball. He's always getting 20-25 yards rushing and gets plenty of GL looks. I've had a number of games where he didn't have a great second half, but the damage was done in the first half. If he gets me 20 pts (5 pts/TD pass, 6 pts rushing, 1 pt/25 yards) in the first half, and rest him, I can live with that over my other options, C. Palmer or R. Fitzpatrick. If I had Cam, I think that would be a no-brainer to start him this week over Rodgers.

I would expect Rodgers to play at least a half no matter what happens in Seattle. That's roughly a 15 point floor. I'd still take that over most of the alternatives. But I'd start Cam over him in a heartbeat.

Rolling with Rodgers

My other options are Dalton at 1 or Flynn Sunday night.

Gooooooooooo 49ers!

My other options are Yates Freeman and Flynn. If he plays I start him. If not Flynn.

If I had better options I might think differently.

I am going with Rodgers. Like many have said, I would rather have a half of Rodgers than a full game of Grossman, etc. Also, the only way I see him resting is if they are up very big, regardless of what SF does. It has been shown over and over that taking the foot off the accelerator going into the playoffs is the kiss of death and I really dont see GB doing that, especially with the KC loss last week.

Now, I have Jordy (playing sunday) and Julio (playing monday) so I am planning to have Julio on my bench and may consider dropping him in for Jordy depending on the situation because I dont think a half of Jordy is the same as a half of Rodgers.

I also have Lynch and I was considering benching him becuase of the match up but since the only way I can see Seattle beating SF is with Lynch, I think I will leave him in as a Hedge on my Rodgers play.

Sorry to go off topic.

Hmmm. Good info, thanks. Cam it is!
I'd have no problem starting Newton to avoid this situation. I'm probably going with Romo over Rodgers. Am I crazy about sitting the guy that got me here? No. In this spot, without knowing the Packers' situation and without knowing if last week's poor showing was an anomaly without Jennings, I'd rather go with another proven option and not worry about it.Not only that, the Packer offensive line is a mess right now. How much of a factor will that be? Is it possible they play more conservative to protect Rodgers? Too many questions all of a sudden unless you don't have a solid option otherwise.

I'm starting him, but it's a 2QB league and Ponder's my backup. I'd start Cam over him in a heartbeat. Tebow...that would make me think for a bit but I don't think I could do it.

My thoughts - Green Bay will come back this week focused with a single-minded mindset. Win the game BIG! Coach McCarthy is only focused on one thing - winning this game. That's how champions think. They don't think about "what if scenario's." Rodgers will have a great game this week. Next week is a whole new story to be told. Starting Rodgers with confidence over any QB this week!

Even though I have Matt Ryan vs. NO on MNF, I'm still likely to start Aaron Rodgers vs. Chicago because there is no way I'll bench a stud QB.

'Hipple said:
'Raiderfan32904 said:
Would Cobb and James Jones be the WRs to play in the second half then?

Even though I have Matt Ryan vs. NO on MNF, I'm still likely to start Aaron Rodgers vs. Chicago because there is no way I'll bench a stud QB.
I'd do the same thing. But for those with someone like Cam? Cam is the choice.
I would agree if one owns Newton or Brees or even Brady or Stafford you would feel very confident starting any one of these QB's. Still Rodgers will be very productive this week regardless of if Seattle beats SF. The game plan is already written until the game this week is in good hands with a big lead going into the 4th quarter.

On the fence between Rodgers and Stafford - 80% likely that I'm starting Rodgers
Same situation and 80% sure I'm going to go with Stafford, I think....IMO Rodgers will start not matter what happens with the 49'ers but I think there is a strong chance that he is done at halftime. I would not plug in just anyone but Stafford should put up points.Main Factor:Rodger's ceiling is just a tad over StaffordStafford's floor is a lot higher with all things considered

My thoughts - Green Bay will come back this week focused with a single-minded mindset. Win the game BIG! Coach McCarthy is only focused on one thing - winning this game. That's how champions think. They don't think about "what if scenario's." Rodgers will have a great game this week. Next week is a whole new story to be told. Starting Rodgers with confidence over any QB this week!This is what I think will happen. Green bay will want to get the taste of that loss out of their mouth. I'm thinking rodgers does his normal thing.

On the fence between Rodgers and Stafford - 80% likely that I'm starting Rodgers
Same situation and 80% sure I'm going to go with Stafford, I think....IMO Rodgers will start not matter what happens with the 49'ers but I think there is a strong chance that he is done at halftime. I would not plug in just anyone but Stafford should put up points.

Main Factor:

Rodger's ceiling is just a tad over Stafford

Stafford's floor is a lot higher with all things considered
Precisely, and this doesn't take the risk into account.

Just benched Rodgers for Romo. Feels very strange doing it, but I can't afford to take the chance that Rodgers is a low scorer Sunday. Plus, Philly's banged up.

I have Rodgers in a 2 QB league. Picked up Matt Flynn in case he sits. It's a deep league so the only other option is Andy Dalton. Rodgers for 1Q > Dalton for a whole game.

I'm riding the fence with Rodgers and Stafford. I think I've changed my mind 5 times. May see how I'm sitting at 3:00 before making up my mind. It sure would have been nice if the SF @ SEA game was at noon...

Well considering my only 2 options are Rodgers and Flynn I think I will go with Rodgers

I have the Rogers and Stafford combo.

I'm more worried about Stafford than Rogers playing a half of football. The Chargers actually looked really good last week and sort of worry me. Stafford in several games this year has had sub par first half of football. I also have Calvin Johnson and if Stafford and Calvin have average days, more than likely I lose.

I think Staford with throw 45+ passes, but I might roll with Rogers. I guess I will take the two quarters of Rogers over maybe the two quarters of Stafford.

Aaron Rodgers plays the entire game unless Green Bay is up by 21 or more entering the 4th quarter and the Green Bay defense is shutting down the Bears offense.

I'm riding the fence with Rodgers and Stafford. I think I've changed my mind 5 times. May see how I'm sitting at 3:00 before making up my mind. It sure would have been nice if the SF @ SEA game was at noon...
Yup. Me too. I've finally decided to roll the dice with Stafford because I need both Stafford and Calvin to have a huge game. And I am a little less confident in Rodgers without Jennings, let alone the San Francisco loss possibility. Across the board with the experts (consensus of 73 so called experts), they mostly list Rodgers and Stafford as 4/5 ranking for the week. But there is the downside risk to Rodgers.So far, I'm looking like a genius.

I slept on it and looked at things. I think their is a very good chance Seattle beats 49ers. With GB's OL issues I cant see them risking to play rogers if they dont have to. So I think I'm going with Stafford. I have Vick too, but he burned me last year's championship game and he is too fragile.

Wow you all have Stafford as your back up and your all stressed about it? One even has Vic too?

How come you all didnt trade Stafford?

Try having Grossman and Dalton as your backups.

The Bears are playing for pride, and will play GB tough in this game. In the past they've probably done the best against Rodgers and GB. And with National TV on Christmas, they will go all out. The Pack's OL is all beat up right now so Rodgers will be running from Peppers all night.

I think Rodgers will need to play the bulk of the game, if not all, because it will be close.

Wow you all have Stafford as your back up and your all stressed about it? One even has Vic too?How come you all didnt trade Stafford?Try having Grossman and Dalton as your backups.
because trading in my league which is a keeper league where you can hold half your roster, nobody wants to give up equal value for a player. Sure I could of traded Stafford or Vick give them a starter and they give me two backups.

Users who are viewing this thread