What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Williams or Searcy (1 Viewer)

I was wondering that myself. I saw that Searcy got most of the snap in the last game. With Byrd rotating at FS, Williams should be over at SS again. Is he in the doghouse?

Is Gilmore playing this week? I think Williams was covering for him at CB, since Rogers proved terrible.

If/when Gilmore plays, I'd expect Williams to move back to SS, and start over Searcy, though it will probably be a rotation.

I have a feeling Williams will be used as a nickel corner/3rd safety, but they could also play him in the base defense at SS and then move him to slot corner and bring in Searcy (or Leonhard) to play safety in the nickel packages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't watched the film of this game but it looks like Searcy came back to Earth and Williams had the better game statistically. Anyone know what changed? Did Aaron finally start at SS? Thanks in advance.

Haven't watched the film of this game but it looks like Searcy came back to Earth and Williams had the better game statistically. Anyone know what changed? Did Aaron finally start at SS? Thanks in advance.
just watched the first play and it was searcy/leonhard at safety with aaron williams starting at rcb again, covering hartline, and I think his first 3 tackles were on hartline/

I'll look at the rest later.

I looked at the first play of teh 2nd series and they had subbed williams out for gilmore at rcb, like they did in the previous game.

3rd down was a dime snap and they still had gilmore at rcb, robey as a 3rd corner, byrd in to cover clay, and searcy at lb.

here are the snap counts

leonhard 94%

searcy 74%

byrd 77%

a williams 68%

gilmore 55%

mckelvin 80%

robey 58%

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread